[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

to be truth it kind a surprising for me that LDW been rejected for the role... all i know that LDW side persuade KES to get the role but never imagine that KES reject him.:sweatingbullets:

thanks god KES agree and give him a chance, i love him so much in this drama.. personally i think it suit him so well, he can interpret GR nicely. and as mentioned i love GR chemistry will almost all the role, if KES didn't give him this role, she also will lost the bank of ad lib.  :w00t:

• Like 16

Another version:

Lee Dong Wook was repeatedly rejected by writer of 'Goblin' before finally landing his role?

lee-dong-wook

Can you imagine the role of the grim reaper on tvN's currently airing drama 'Goblin' being played by anyone other than Lee Dong Wook?

It turns out, Lee Dong Wook was initially rejected for the role of the grim reaper by writer Kim Eun Sook multiple times! According to news outlet 'Daily Economy', Lee Dong Wook, an actor whose career includes numerous lead roles in dramas like 'Wild Romance', 'Iron Man', 'Bubble Gum', and more, came across the script for Kim Eun Sook's 'Goblin' and expressed his wishes to participate even if it meant taking on a secondary lead role. The CEO of his management company, King Kong Entertainment, personally stepped up to help Lee Dong Wook get in touch with writer Kim Eun Sook, but the writer's reason for not casting the actor was that he simply didn't seem to fit the role. 

Even though the King Kong CEO himself gave up after writer Kim Eun Sook's initial response, reports say that Lee Dong Wook persisted in asking to meet up with the writer face-to-face and was finally able to convince the writer of his charms as an actor. 

Viewers are currently praising Lee Dong Wook's work in 'Goblin' for his sexy and dark, yet comical character as well as his hilarious chemistry with Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun, and more. Aren't you glad he pursued his grim reaper role as strongly as he did?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/lee-dong-wook-was-repeatedly-rejected-by-writer-of-goblin-before-finally-landing-his-role

• Like 22

Hello 'goblins' :) 

I just catched up with the latest episodes of Goblin and they are fantastic. I really like this drama, soft and calm... peacefully.. Gong Yoo best of the best as always!

And of course I google it to see how are the ratings (I knew about the first 2 eps) and guess what?! Richard Simmons comments about Gi Eun Tak character (chessy, childish, omo omo even manipulative daddy-puppy?! wtf?!?!..............) and OMG Kim Go Eun looks (ugly, tiny eyes etc)! WHAT THE ****!!!! I'm so done with knetz or whatever... some of them really don't know nothing about charm.. no, some of this knetz only like puppyeyes-babydoll-look-alike-face.. nothing to complain but just shut the richard simmon up! Not to mentions even some international fans think this way.. :( 

I'm not up to date with your comments on this thread but I'm sure this is the only site I will find people who share the same thoughts and feelings.. :bawling: 

Can't wait fot the next episodes! 

• Like 10

not sure if someone have post this or not (that's why i put it under spoiler) i'm sorry i don't have a time to back read.. but i love the song so  much :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

this song always bring its mystical feeling and always success give me a chill whenever it come out (along with the opening theme that i waiting so much, don't know will they release it or not), part of this song give me studio ghibli vibe tho.. 

@itzibitzispider agree... for me he is the best choice for GR, so glad its him :wub:

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

I saw GY's movie with Jeon Do Yeon and wow it is a G rated! too hot to handle I watched it for him since I'm not a fan of the leading actress (JDY) and I also watched KGE's movie and OMG she is so so so different than her role in Goblin.. KGE is the future A list that girl can act so good no wonder she won many awards!! 

I also agree with you that Gong Yoo is the one who suggested KGE to Kim Eun Sook because GY power determines the actress  that the he wanted to be pairing with.. it's really normal in Halyu Entertainment because pairing means chemistry and you need to like and adore your partner in order to build the genuine and great chemistry.

Imagine GY and KGE in a movie about love and passion between two adult.. a little bit thriller and lot's of bed scene.. I'M SOLD!! HERE TAKE MY MONEY!!! 

Couldn't agree more with you.

I have imagine the same after seeing some scene of KGE in Muse and GY in A man and A woman... whoaaaaa.. i can't handle it :w00t:

how i wish it will come true, KGE and GY in a movie, bed scene.... aaaaaaa please make it come true, jebal :wub:

• Like 10