[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

On 12/31/2016 at 6:43 AM, Lids said:

I don't know, I'm not leaning towards the Deokhwa is a deity/god talk. I can't shake the feeling that KES is trying to purposely mislead us. Then she'll be like, "Sorry, he's just human. That's what you get for overthinking."

But why would KES want that? By leading us with so much anticipation and then letting us down by saying he's a normal human, it would just bring down the level of excitement. I don't think it's actually a good way to promote the show?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, aurelly said:

Me: Kim Shin shi... she don't need that, she need a hug :sweatingbullets:

ohh I really agree with you! I was like "Go HUG her you goblin!" even in the beach scene too, when he comfort her, HUG HUG HUG!

ep10 makes our puzzle slowly become one, well half of it still have lots of questions like secretary Kim and Samshin Halmeoni.

GR gloomy looks really makes my heart hurt, I can't imagine how he will be when he know his dark past, also his sin to Kim's Family, that poor innocent GR must be so sad :bawling:

and I just love how our Goblin trying hard to be a "real" grown up man when confronting his Bride :wub: oh except that "sanitize" scene LOL

• Like 10

Happy New Year everyone :w00t:

I just want to share a little bit. From the beginning until the last episode, the scene when GR serving tea for the decease keep bugging me.

Is there any deep meaning for that scene? something like life lesson or something else?

I'm trying to find the pattern but I haven't find it yet. But I found out that a little girl who helped ET in bookstore (episode 2, at min 63 or 1 hr 3 min) is the same girl who died with her mother (episode 8, min 24)

• Like 8

@NRGchick

Thank you. KES has given a huge hint regarding the possibility of Shin and Eun Tak to stay alive and happy, so I'm taking that and having faith on Shin.

As for Quebec filming, I think so too about KES had completed her script, or the major blue print and how she wanted it all presented, which is why I'm really impressed and is happy about. It feels like this way the story won't go haywire because she would have already revised this over and over many times, and perhaps why Gong Yoo is willing to take this drama after rejecting her so many times, hehehe.

• Like 21

12 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

This is where I am convinced that the writer is also taking into consideration what is being said by viewers. The 'age' issue. 

So who is the more mature one here....haha

And when I think about this scene, it tells me that the ending is already written. They would have to film all the scenes needed in the drama for Quebec in one go when they went in September. 

oh good idea! I just realize it from GY haircut, looks shorter than the way it looks in the newest episode

7 minutes ago, rrmski said:

I absolutely love the head patting. It's something that makes them so unique and their own way to say: "I care for you, I need you, I love you".

It's simple action yet it warm my heart so much. They are too sweet! :wub:

Ahh I love it! the way you combines it in one post and it does looks so sweet! A Pure love just blooming all over them, and I love watching it grow more :wub:

• Like 11

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY GOBLINERS CHINGUS, saranghayeo

thank you for all the gifs 

i cant wait for hom to give her the necklace i?m sure we'll have another sweet moment, but i think soon we'll have sad episodes but hopefully i really think that when the problem betweek KS, GR and Sunny will be solved by forgiveness then everything is gonna be ok, that?s my impression

• Like 5

8 hours ago, meifang89 said:

Why the Grim Reaper age is just 300 year? He should be same age as KS because he's the King in previous life did he spent few hundred years in hell before become a Grim Reaper?

Btw Lee Dong Wook still looks so cool as a King + a beard :wub:

The king was probably denied the tea, so he had a couple of years suffering in "hell" with the thoughts and memories of his past deads ... also he denied the existence of a deity and put that thought down ... so not tea for him ... after enough suffering obliviation and GR

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Just wondering, how old was kim shin when he died? Thinking about it, that's his age. He just lived another 900++ years without aging.

I just hopped on the goblin bandwagon. Watched 8 episodes back to back :sweatingbullets:

Happy new year everyone! :)

It says he was a goblin for 900 years and he stated he was 939 (well 938 as he was born early in the year) ... so is age at the time of his death?

5 hours ago, Sunshine_Her said:

Its a New Year so that means Goblin is now 940 years old! :lol:

hmmm or 939 as he was born early in the year ;)

3 hours ago, yellowpeony said:

Since eun tak still can move when kim shin freeze the time,  i think kim shin still be able to appear before eun tak when she blow the candle, she still the goblin bride,  just a little bit worried since gondola case  :anguished:  :anguished: :anguished:

the first episodes he took his own sweet time to show up ... he did show up, but not right away, like in the candle from cake scene ... he probably just et go there and did not fight the thought ... he said he wanted to wait ahead of her, so my guess is, he felt her call, knew WHERE she was and chose to show up at the top of the mountain
Behind her wuld have been problematic, as she sat in a gondola and he would have been outside or in the following wagon

Happy New Year

Back home and in dierect need to :
1. peak in here
2. watch the subbed 10th,
as yesterday was no time for that

• Like 15

HAPPY NEW YEAR! hope all of you are full of wishes and hopes welcoming this new year and may all of your wishes come true!

I just can't get over DH. Although he may not be a god, it seems like he serves an important role in KS's life,

as he, although not himself, but one of his ancestor who looks just like him witnessed in ep 1 or 2 can't remember...he was with KS when he first started his lonely immortal life, and he is now with him again in the same form when KS is about to finish his immortal life.

=) he may be the guardian angel =) a beautiful angel =) 

hahahahaha i just like yook sung jae so much,i want him to have a super duper lovely role

• Like 10

I'm fairly convinced that all our characters' tragic arcs will finally be resolved in this lifetime with a happy ending. If the gods can be fickle, surely they must be moved by the characters' will to live despite the wrenches thrown their way. 

Poor GR puppy. You can't help but feel for him because he's just earnest in liking Sunny. While his BFFs have become official, he's heartbroken. 

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_02_22.gif

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_05_10.gif

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_25_39.gif

I don't know whether to laugh or cry because KS means well but he is the worst wingman ever! Way to go KS for making everything more awkward! 

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_06_43.gif

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_20_06.gif

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_23_49.gif

Can't KS give him a hug now? 

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_27_04.gif

videotogif_2017_01_01_18_28_19.gif

• Like 22

ET character and appearance in ep 10 is sooo glowing. She's beautiful with a bit make up and the smiles are so lovely. Kim Shin in Goryeo era is a warrior who wanders from one battle to others, that's why ET equals to a sun who light up his life :heart:. To next episodes, please give some romance moments for GR too, he's such clumsy "angel" who is clueless bout himself, that breaks my heart sometimes :tears:

I love this song from Kim Dong Ryeol, with Gongyoo as MV model.sooooooo perfect

• Like 19

Alright, I'm done watching the 10th episode :phew: & just let me write something about it :)

Sunny is KS's sis aka Kim Sun & GR is the King, case closed! & I didn't expect that they showed the grown up self of the King at the end. :w00t: (He looked so hot, TBH! OMG! I can't wait to see more of his Goryeo scenes :w00t:)

Also, the bickering between the Kim siblings though :w00t: Kim Shin being that "tsundere" brother to his younger sister & Kim Sun being that younger sister who doesn’t care what his older brother jokingly insults her, 'cos she knows he loves her very much.
KSun: "How about me? Do I look pretty today?" 
KShin: "You look ugly."

:joy::joy::joy:

& the relationship of our OTP really progressed in this episode, even though the main focus of this episode is the past. I love how they are affectionate to each other now, showing jealousy and how they just adore each other. That scene at the tent was everything, the kiss was EVERYTHING :wub: ET initiating the kiss, it’s just so pure and so sweet!  crazy monkey  but we need more Steamy & Hot kiss later on..HAHAHAHA  uhuhuh onion head

The fighting scene was so funny & it was so funny how ET was so casual about his boyfriend beating up those punks outside :joy: ROFL, WHEN THEY RE-ENACTED THAT BADASS ENTRANCE THEY DID. They were walking so badass while holding groceries  lol2 onion head  

I cried so much when ET discovered who her ghost friend really is. :tears: Even in death her mom still had ways to keep her daughter safe and it was through her childhood friend..& now I hope ET will see her mom for the last time..

& Chairman Yu’s future..my heart SANK. dying onion head This person is such a loyal person to KS, he was his brother, his father, a friend. I’m gonna miss his Santa Claus laugh man! (yup, for me, his laugh is like Santa Claus..)

All in all, this episode was DAEBAK! It has answered a lot..The focus of this episode was to bring light to the past, to enlighten us more about what REALLY happened, how it really started, It was beautiful. The writer never fail us..

I'll just add something more.. I also loved this scene:
They're inlove..just pure & innocent love..
:wub:

A6N9ShA.gif
(CR: @naritul)
[I'm borrowing your gif chingu ya :phew:]

now, I want them to be in a sageuk drama too like what @selenette said but at the same time, still hoping like @i.am.bugz.funny to have KSH-YSJ drama together since I love their tandem in School 2015 too altho they didn't end up together :tears:

& I would like to add one last thing..regarding to the scroll painting of young Kim Sun, I'm sure now that WY(GR) was really the one who painted that..While painting her, he was lonely & depressed like there's a part of him that is missing..Since he only remembered the young version Kim Sun, he only painted her in that state. Imagine if he thought like this while painting her: "I wonder what you look like now. It's strange but whenever I thought of you, I only see the younger you. I've missed you so much". :tears: GOD! I'm crying while typing this :tears: & it really made me remember the TMTETS drama where King Lee Hwon (KSH's char) only remember the younger version of his Queen to be in the earlier episodes, which is Yeon Woo..

& I was also thinking that the evil eunuch is the one who killed him in the end :rage: since we know now that the evil eunuch is the one who killed the late King & others by poisoning them (Am I correct?), he will do the same thing to WY right? but I don't know why he killed him in the end though..maybe he knew that the King was really inlove w/ Kim Sun & can't manipulate him anymore? or maybe it's the time for him to end the King's reign to manipulate another King? ah, I don't know anymore..LOL!
This is all just my theory guys 
:sweatingbullets: It's ok if you oppose what I think since everyone here is entitled to their opinion :):phew:

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!! :kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

• Like 19

hai, I'm new in here. I found this forums today and decided to make an account immediately. Sorry before, because english is not my first language. 

I really want to know about the song that played in the 7th teaser when kim shin holding an umbrella and walked pass ji eun tak, also in ep 10 when euntak blow the lighter to see kim shin again. I try to search for it but no result. Usually the drama shows the song title that used in the episode at the end, but I didn't find it. I wonder if it is not original sountrack, because cjent still not publish it yet although it used before soyu's and sam kim's. So if any of you know about the song, please tell me~ thankyouu

• Like 2

It seems that Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na are filming today. poor actors can't even have rest on New Year. I have seen people on instagram tagging their names but nothing special on pics, jus crew's car.

Just one fancam vid of Wookie:

• Like 18