[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I am rewatching all my favorite scenes..to help me with the bittersweet ending....

scenes...like...

-- cinema date

-- when goblin realize that he was the date in the restaurant

-- when goblin was in panic regarding his outfit, taste in music, books and paintings

• Like 9

I warmed up to the ending after sleeping. Kim Shin never gonna be alone again. He will wait for next Eun Tak reincarnations with their kids (and kids of their kids etc). And they will cross over together at the end. I love this drama like no other. Like the rating it take place in my heart. I didn't ever watch a show 2 times but this I lost count how many times I rewatched (and will rewatch). I love I loved Kim Go Eun, Goong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook before this, but now I love them even better . I come to love Yoo In Na, and the other cast (without aunt and evil eunuch Park). And I love this soompi topic too and all of you. I didn't comment much but lurked from the begging.

I am gonna wait for shower of awards really they couldn't cast better, without Kim Go Eun, Goong Yoo the drama would not be the same. Really first rate actors (glad they didn't go for idol female lead with only pretty face). Oh and I love KES and director!

Swoon!

Guest maniac-moon

Yessssss , TRUE LOVE NEVER END and GODS NEVER DIE.... Just like SHINTAK couple

SAD LOVE ,This is weird and beautiful and it's ET's choice.... Just like SHINTAK couple

I love ending,thank you writernim

It was Shin's decision to stay as a goblin so if you could kindly respect even the opinion of a millennial. lols millennial. My puns.

Even the OST lyrics agree with the ending. Why would you think Shin would be lonely as a goblin when:

If I am with you under this sky
Just breathing alone makes me happy
It`s a beautiful life

2.jpg

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, Jodi Herrera said:

Kim Go Eun's new IG omoooo! My heart skip a beat i love them together. Sorry i know she do have a BF but this photo looks so real!

Oxygen please!!!!!!!!

ShinTak couple in there BTS wedding photo!

OMGGGG MY HEART LITERALLY SKIPPED A BEAT AFTER SEEING THISS :bawling:

Picture perfect!

Edited by jeijei
Quoted image
  • Like 4

I found it interesting that there seems to be a contrast between ShinTak relationship and WangSun. 

WangSun is given at least 9 + 30 = 39 years in this lifetime to be with each other but they chose to not pursue their relationship. I don't know why. Is it because GR and SN both don't want to be against the fate that immortal and mortal cannot be together? Is it because GR is obedience to authority? I mean they end up going to the afterlife together so I found it interesting that they don't choose to defy the odds and try to be together more in this lifetime. SN thought it was her 4th life (fortunately she was wrong) so I just found it interesting that she didn't try to push harder...

ShinTak however chose to get married etc despite knowing that they are not going to be together forever. These 2 are so persistence in trying to make lemonade out of lemon huh? They seem to believe in maximizing current togetherness despite how short it can be. They chose eternal sad love. KS chose to be immortal again due to his promise to ET. Btw, I think after ET 4th life, the contract is null so KS can go in peace? I think we need goblin season 2. KES - pls do continuation of Goblin with new villains, Additional heroes and a more definite closure for our Goblin couple and you can create a new cliffhanger for the new heroes. That would be so fun right? Korean superheroes hehehe 

Let me know what you think chingus :) 

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Sorry naritul for cutting your post :), but in the GR and Sunny's last life, they met each other, and had a life together, right? I think they were humans? Probably if Shin didn't take the oblivion tea, then there would not be any difficulties I guess in finding ET in any lifetime.

i mean, Goblin followed her to Canada and was being able to be around ET and helped her... 

about WangSun couple... i said they were lucky that they reborn at the same time...

if Shin didn't take the oblivion tea I wrote that i feel dissatisfied when new ET remembered her past after reborn... 

that's why i'm confused with KES reincarnation laws.... It's weird for us to have our past life memories especially if we were reborn with different  faces or gender (worst) hihihihi

@nearsea 

yes people may reborn and meet his/her past lover but i prefer to see them with different faces (and visualization about their previous faces) 

well, the ending is a lil bit disappointed but I accepted that... MEH! hihihihi

let's move on...

Edited by naritul
  • Like 5

so there's another happy ending found in KEG's instagram post with her husband inside their lovely home.

its a SHINTAK wedding picture right? or was it Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun wedding picture? 

im getting confused..or delusional..or hopeful..

:blush:

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, janeeta said:

We don't speak of HeWhoShallBeDumped on any of these threads :lol:

Hahahaha Ok noted, i just carried away by the beautiful photo. 

Back to ShinTak - looking forward for more BTS and NGs this coming 2 special episodes. I totally miss them now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, naritul said:

i mean, Goblin followed her to Canada and was being able to be around ET and helped her... 

about WangSun couple... i said they were lucky that they reborn at the same time...

Did shin take the oblivion tea? I wrote that i feel dissatisfied when new ET remembered her past after reborn... 

that's why i'm confused with KES reincarnation theory...

No I meant if the writer was kind enough to grant him a mortal life, if. 

About the wang sun couple, I took the theory for reincarnation in this drama as, 'if you repent properly, then you can come back and have a satisfactory life with your lovers', as it happened with wangsun couple. So, in that same way, 'IF' Shin was granted a mortal life, he would also meet ET somewhere, as he could also have the 'choice' of not drinking the oblivion tea...*so the memories of his past life with ET would be still alive.

PS:* Mmm I don't know about the reincarnation plot, but as someone said earlier, as goblin was a 'fantasy' drama, it deserved a fairy tale ending lol. In the world of fairies, goblins, angels, ghosts, happy ending is a mandatory. Remember how each fairy tale ends, ....'And they lived happily ever after'. But that's not so Simple in this drama heh.

• Like 3

Thanks for tagging me @gamshe :heart:.  I enjoyed reading your post above and agree with you on many points especially regarding our heroine, Sunny.  I have to say all our leads played their characters  really well but this is my first time seeing Yoo In Na..and her sexy but sweet demeanor engaged me immediately. She's a really good actress. In fact I posted before that in Goblin, the most courageous character is really the Queen/ Wang Sun because she was the only who never had any special powers but yet she looked at fear and uncertainty in the face and took them by the horns. She loved deeply & bravely - whether she was the queen or Sunny. That to me was her greatest strength. I wished she had more screen time, but regardless I'm glad that KES gave us this beautiful character.  I will miss her and miss our Wang Sun.

Here's a sweet memory of their early interactions .( I know you and I like making gifs so do tag me or post in LDW's thread  when you make some. I hope to make more later. It's my way of remembering this show.) Spazz with you later...

giphy.gif

I loved the ending. I really appreciated that the writer allowed ET the decision of when to die.  She was going to have to be accounted for according to the GR and she was true to herself and choose the greater good.  I think that is what make ET and KS an amazing couple they both sacrifice for the greater good.  They both determined their fate. He choose not to move on and become human.  I think maybe once a Goblin you live or fade into nothingness you don't get 4 lives.  She chooses not to drink the tea.  

If everyone and everything had been wrapped in a nice typical Happy Ending it would have flopped.  It is because she did such a great job of writing and showing how complex humans are and allowed the characters to experience and not avoid natural consequences that made this drama magical beyond special.

• Like 18

17 minutes ago, jeijei said:

It was Shin's decision to stay as a goblin so if you could kindly respect the opinion of a millennial. lols millennial. My puns.

Did he have a choice? :S When the other one was, errm to die peacefully? Go to heaven?