[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, janeeta said:

They were NEXT LEVEL. Like you could hear the sobs, the desperation, the panic attack, the disbelief. I felt the sword in MY chest when I saw the episode close screen with just her sobs. AMAZING!

so true! all those emotions kim go eun portrayed so clearly. MIND BLOWN! 

her loss, her pain, her denial then her hopelessness in a short amount of screen time. 

her heartbreak is still tattooed on the back of my mind

:cold_sweat:

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

I actually feel sorry for those actresses that have been kissed by Gong Yoo. His kiss simply ruin other namjha's kisses. Eg: Yoon Eun Hye still chose GY's kiss as THE best kiss till today even though Coffee Prince was years ago and she had acted with many other actors... :lol: 

I love how in this kissing scene, GY took charge in the beginning and then he let KGE took over without losing his control over her lips. And that tongue did taste her. Yes, there's tongue involved after I zoomed it in till my screen is filled up with their mouth only...:lol:B) Not his whole tongue, just the tip to touch and taste her. 

I dunno why I'm even analyzing this scene. *drinking clorox shots* *Walking to Sunil Mental Hospital* 

ommo ommo.... you are awesome i'll be die from embarrassment even if i'm locked in my room all alone. 

but thanks to you now i know the reason why they zoom out the kissing scene. if they give us full zoom in, it will be too (erotic) much to handle even for TV cable cute-rabbit-emoticon-06.gif?1301940529lol

• Like 14

Hello!  Been lurking for the past few hundred pages :)

I stumbled across this article today mentioning TWO additional special episodes in February...has anyone heard of this??  It's not just going to be a recap of the series like today's special episode is it?

https://www.dramafever.com/news/goblin-exclusive-when--where-you-can-watch-the-three-special-episodes-and-finale/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, asuwish said:

I stumbled across this article today mentioning TWO additional special episodes in February...has anyone heard of this??  It's not just going to be a recap of the series like today's special episode is it?

https://www.dramafever.com/news/goblin-exclusive-when--where-you-can-watch-the-three-special-episodes-and-finale/

I havent heard of the of the TWO additional special episodes?? Hmm..

48 minutes ago, winterdew said:

@selenette Chingu, I believe WY wasn't on Reaper duty. He was informed by Reaper management that he has been suspended from Reaper duties and that he should wait for further instructions from them. Later on, his hoobae, who has been asked to take over his duties, hands him ET's death note as a favour. WY doesn't want his hoobae to get into trouble because of that, so WY quickly tells him he'll take over from there and that this is all his doing. Nearing the time of ET's death, he suddenly recalls about the death note and immediately rushes to the scene. 

But the death note changed just when he looked at it. I am guessing time and place? (there were no subs) I think she was supposed to die later but that devil made it come early? But I agree that he was just there as a friend (both Euntak's and Shin's :tears:)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, asuwish said:

Haven't heard about that 2 special episode though, searched and nothing came up. I know that TVn's new drama Tomorrow With You will be airing on that date though.

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The only question I've got is: how did Kim Shin know that Wang Yeo killed himself? When he returned to the palace, the king had already died. He was not a witness of his suicide (taking the poison himself). 

Bebebisous33 : I might have missed this part : Where was it that Kim Shin revealed he knew Wang Yeo killed himself ?

{So far only Wang Yeo and maid-turned-grimReaper knows. Unless maid tells Park later on, Park didn't witness - he would think that he successfully poisoned Wang Yeo}

Wang Yeo was tormented for 600 years ...
Female grim reaper must have been tormented even longer.....almost 900years ? what else did she do, I wonder.

~~~~~~~~~

This kdrama sets new bars for script, directing and acting. Everyone is doing such a brilliant job.
The moment when Goblin drew out the sword with Goblin's bride hands clutched on it - brilliant, just brilliant.

Wonderfully executed ep 13 : I love it and the accompanying OSTs are totally brilliant too.

I watched LDW since "My Girl" and a few of his other works but it is here in Goblin he really turned out a great performance.
Goong Yoo is a consistent stellar actor but I love his controlled portray of the Goblin's pain and dilemma, very well done !

• Like 6

3 hours ago, petalsandleaves said:

for what it's worth, this is my theory for the ending..

Kim Shin returns to the field in which the butterfly-god decided to make him a goblin. now he gets a chance to live as a mortal due to his retributions in the last 900 years. He returns to modern life, in which Secretary/CEO Kim and DeokHwa will greet him (there was a spoiler picture)

Reveal hidden contents

The person in the tan coat could be CEO Kim, and the patterned suit could be DeokHwa. I know neither is the Grim Reaper lol

Not signed in

As for EunTak, I think she will nearly die of a heart attack (more like heartbreak) as suggested by GR's death card, but GR gets her help in time. He wants to erase her memories to soothe her heartbreak as promised to Kim Shin. She pleads him not to, but he does so anyway, cuz lol that's what he does (like did Sunny ask for her memories to be erased??). 

I can't really envision an ending in which both will keep their memory, I imagine it's possible for KS to do so, but EunTak will lose it (confirmed by the Canada restaurant flashforward in the earlier episodes). If he keeps his memories, then he lets her live as a normal 20 something without interfering in her life, which he can't really do without his powers, no summoning and teleportation and all.. Of course, fate brings them together when she's 29, and they fall in love again. 

OR 

KS will lose his memory as well. I think this will still bring the ending, of them meeting together when he's 37, she's 29, as renewed individuals.

There is one little clue due to which I'm still holding to the thought that it's not ET who would have the amnesia. Remember during the date when we see 29 year old ET in the restaurant, before meeting the CEO, she was clutching that 'destiny' trinket, that Shin gifted her. If she was having a memory loss why would she do that in the first place? We often associate certain things with our memories, either object, a music piece or a place. In this case, this is the first one. Because this is something which shin left for her, she treasured it , and I think will do so after shin passes away. 

The discussion on memory makes me remember the movie 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.' In it Jim carry's character was also going through a heartbreak and wanted to erase his memory of his gf, but at the process , when those memories were being removed one by one, he realized how precious they were, including the painful memories. So similarly I wonder if ET would like to still keep her memories intact,since without them she has got nothing to remember him by, recollection of the memories are in any case better than a void without the memories, which would haunt her,everything would be in place even so, she would still feel something is wrong or missing, but won't be able to figure out 'what' or 'who'. I think ET is brave,strong and resilient as she keeps saying, so it is likely that she would rather hold on to those times spent together with Shin, and have her usual 101 conversations looking up at the sky, earlier that spot was saved for her mom only, now Shin is there too. Besides if she doesn't remember then how would she know it's shin recalling her during first rain or snow? Anyway quoting this line from my favorite movie which is so appropriate, ' you can erase them from your mind, but getting them out of your heart is another story.'

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, pixiebelle said:

Bebebisous33 : I might have missed this part : Where was it that Kim Shin revealed he knew Wang Yeo killed himself ?

{So far only Wang Yeo and maid-turned-grimReaper knows. Unless maid tells Park later on, Park didn't witness - he would think that he successfully poisoned Wang Yeo}

Wang Yeo was tormented for 600 years before he chose to drink tea and forget his past life (as revealed by internal auditors).
Female grim reaper must have been tormented even longer.....almost 900years ? what else did she do, I wonder.

It was in this scene. goblin13-00880.jpg

Wang Yeo had just received his memories back!!

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, nearsea said:

There is one little clue due to which I'm still holding to the thought that it's not ET who would have the amnesia. Remember during the date when we see 29 year old ET in the restaurant, before meeting the CEO, she was clutching that 'destiny' trinket, that Shin gifted her. If she was having a memory loss why would she do that in the first place? We often associate certain things with our memories, either object, a music piece or a place. In this case, this is the first one. Because this is something which shin left for her, she treasured it , and I think will do so after shin passes away.

WOAH

This whole time i am thinking ET will lose her memories, but after reading what you wrote, it just completely gave me a new train of thought! I never realized that small gesture could mean something more.

*Off to go think in detail this could be a possibility..

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, xxhuntressxx said:

I wonder though, what will happen to Euntak's letter? The one she wrote while she was in that hotel in Quebec? Hopefully that will play a part in their story.

dont worry we have 3 episodes more to mention about this letter...

anyone to become me repeat episode 1 again:blush:

• Like 3

just back login to soompi since eps13 aired. 3 episodes to go and I love how you all are just getting better and better in making ending theory. Too many pages to backread...but don't think I will have time to do all the backread. So maybe I will stalking to some of you awesome theorists...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, janeeta said:

Was rewatching the first episode and noticed that KS had literally just come back from Quebec City and THAT NIGHT he saved ET and her mom. He'd been back for less than a few hours and what's the first thing he does? Save his bride. Little did he know that 20 years later, he'd be saving her life again and sacrificing himself for her.

Another thing that was interesting is that he was sitting there drinking his beer on top of the iloom building (his company), about to have his first ever interaction with ET (indirectly). If our theories are correct, 30 years later (10 years from current timeline), he's quite LITERALLY going to be at the top of iloom, as CEO, about to have his first interaction with ET again!

Oh I love the parallels in this show!

WOW! Never thought about this possibility, dear. Well done! and let's crossed our fingers tightly so that it can comes true in the end. Puhweeeees~ 

If the theories are true then we may have 10 years time leap in the next episode, fiuh~ it's only 2 episodes left.

I have really strong feeling that the one ET's smile to is KS, because from the way she smile it always the same like every time she smile for KS, and that love in her eyes seems so real without any kind of longing or sadness. It must be him.

I never cried like i did this morning, i can't stand to see such a hurtful farewell like that. it reminded me of every farewell i'd ever experienced, and seriously, it hurts. 

About the special episode. Well, that Secretary Kim is seriously hilarious! :lol: i still laugh whenever i remember him dancing EXO's Growl with that flat-expressionless face. Is it just me or any of you ever think that Secretary Kim is the reincarnation of PJH (evil ghost)? because in my eyes they're looked alike in the beginning (before the real PJH's appeared as a ugly-dusty-evil ghost).

At first i thought KS gave Secretary Kim a better life because KS is a believer of a Second Chance, but after the real  PJH appeared i became curious about Secretary Kim's past. What make KS help him bot be the one he is now. He must be a good person in the past.

Oh and one more thing makes me curious is the Girl Reaper, in the past she is PJH's servant who gave WY poisoned drink and if i'm not mistaken she also gave it to Kim Sun. It means she indirectly kills WY and Kim Sun, it that why she became a Reaper? Compared to WY's sin i think it's not really comparable in the same degree.

Special for DH (YSJ), i pray for you my dear boy, that in your next drama you will have a very long love line and you'll be the male-lead. Simply because you deserve it. AMEN!

Well, i really want to have a happy ending on this one. and this time i really could use one. *finger-crossed*

• Like 5