[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

8 hours ago, salz said:

Oh they give his memory back for breaking rules?  Lol

He should have break rules much earlier

Emotionally exhausting ep of LDW but he brilliant actor

@salz  Hi! I'm sorry I had to cut your post as I replied.  I've been thinking about this, too. Imho they only give Wang Yeo his painful memories, there is no indication so far that he remembers the beautiful ones.

They make the remembrances so unbearable that Wang Yeo seems to be losing sleep and is mostly focused on those memories,or on mementos related to them--e.g. the ring and the scroll. Imho Wang Yeo is only functional because he's no longer human...otherwise the anguish will kill him twice.

And yes, it was an emotionally exhausting episode for Lee Dong-wook!

Edited by selenette
Grammar is my own worst enemy.
  • Like 9

Just finished ep 13 w/eng. subs. (THANKS AGAIN!) and omg, I am completely, and emotionally destroyed. Even though I knew what was coming, even with all of your beautiful recapping this morning, despite it, I just cried and cried and cried...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Next week seems like an eternity. Please, please, please, let them ALL live happily ever after. My heart just can't take any more (even if I totally love how they wreck me each episode).

• Like 3

Okay, I know I shouldn't be around here as I'm still not done with my paper, but after having seen it with subs on thought crossed my mind and doesn't want to leave, so I thought it's better to write it down here instead of getting eaten up by it.

I really feel for our goblin and his beloved bride but one little scene concerning Sunny and GR really stuck with me. When Sunny and Eun Tak were talking about how many lives one has as reincarnations, Sunny that she believes to be in her fourth (and as such last) incarnation already, while Eun Tak thinks she's in her first live. What really got me was when Red Lady seemed to confirm Sunny's suspisions about already being in her fourth circle of live while talking to the younger reaper. She was musing to herself "whether it's their 1st or the 4th, they're both equally precious, right?" She's definitely true with that one, both are precious beyond means, but come to think of it I feel devasted to think of Sunny being in her fourth circle of life already. Why? Because it could mean she will not have any chance to have a happy ending with GR if it's not happening within the rest of her current life-span. And that's just very sad, cause obviously she didn't have a happy ending within her first life and she surely did not have happiest second and third life, cause her only love GR wasn't around at that time cause either he was still within the 600 years of torture or he already was a grim reaper who most likely hasn't met her. So if she's in her last remaining life and she's not getting an happy ending this time around as well it would be pure emotional disaster for me. It would be so unfair, cause while Eun Tak and Kim Shin may still have three more incarnations left to meet again and again, Sunny would be bereft of this. So even in her after-life she would not be able to find happiness and that's just not acceptable for me as she's the innocent one within the original conflict between Kim Shin and Wang Jeo.

What do you think? Am I overthinking and taking these small tidbits to seriously? Or are they actually intented to be a reminder of positivity as the imply Sunny needs to have a happy ending within this life no matter what? What could be the writer's intention with these information? Making us feeling more sad for her or reassuring us that everything will be okay as there won't be another chance if it's not happening this time around?

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:

She can shuffle living with GR for one week then Sunny the next week. -_-

I'd like for her to move into KS's room, just to live in his world. Keep the bed warm until he returns :wink:

1 hour ago, bluesunny3 said:

When you watch Goblin with subs, thinking it won't affect you as much because you've already watched it RAW and you know know what's gonna happen........

but NOPE! STILL ugly crying and sniffling.

I'm done for the day. Gonna lay in bed all day and contemplate the unfairness of life.

YUP.. it won't affect even a second.... I bawled my eyes out crying like a looney here alone... so damn sad... I wonder if Kim Shin knows what will happen after he turned to ashes... we'll let the destiny and deity (and Goddess Kim Eun Sook) decide ok?

so sad to see Wang Yeo went mental after the death of his Queen... he basically a walking corpse.. wandering around the villages asking his people who wants to wear Queen's royal robe and ta daaaaa Red Goddess was there too (of course right)

I honestly don't mind that we won't get ep 14 tomorrow.... let's mourning for Kim Shin's death for a week, I will wear black tomorrow.. and since today is Friday the 13th (happened only a few times a year or maybe just once) I'm under spell Goblin's spell like never before......

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Lady_Fay said:
Spoiler

Okay, I know I shouldn't be around here as I'm still not done with my paper, but after having seen it with subs on thought crossed my mind and doesn't want to leave, so I thought it's better to write it down here instead of getting eaten up by it.

I really feel for our goblin and his beloved pride but one little scene concerning Sunny and GR really stuck with me. When Sunny and Eun Tak were talking about how many lives one has as reincarnations, Sunny that she believes to be in her fourth (and as such last) incarnation already, while Eun Tak thinks she's in her first live. What really got me was when Red Lady seemed to confirm Sunny's suspisions about already being in her fourth circle of live while talking to the younger reaper. She was musing to herself "whether it's their 1st or the 4th, they're both equally precious, right?" She's definitely true with that one, both are precious beyond means, but come to think of it I feel devasted to think of Sunny being in her fourth circle of life already. Why? Because it could mean she will not have any chance to have a happy ending with GR if it's not happening within the rest of her current life-span. And that's just very sad, cause obviously she didn't have a happy ending within her first life and she surely did not have happiest second and third life, cause her only love GR wasn't around at that time cause either he was still within the 600 years of torture or he already was a grim reaper who most likely hasn't met her. So if she's in her last remaining life and she's not getting an happy ending this time around as well it would be pure emotional disaster for me. It would be so unfair, cause while Eun Tak and Kim Shin may still have three more incarnations left to meet again and again, Sunny would be bereft of this. So even in her after-life she would not be able to find happiness and that's just not acceptable for me as she's the innocent one within the original conflict between Kim Shin and Wang Jeo.

What do you think? Am I overthinking and taking these small tidbits to seriously? Or are they actually intented to be a reminder of positivity as the imply Sunny needs to have a happy ending within this life no matter what? What could be the writer's intention with these information? Making us feeling more sad for her or reassuring us that everything will be okay as there won't be another chance if it's not happening this time around?

I think its the latter, it's meant to tell us that they WILL get a happily ever after because they have suffered so much and this is their final chance at happiness. KES doesn't hate WY and Sunny so she won't make them have a sad ending just cause WY did something bad. I think he's going to be pardoned (because KS forgives him and WY already paid his price) and Sunny will accept him. Right now, I think Sunny, DH, and WY will concentrate on helping ET since she's SO broken and help her grow up right and along the way, we'll get our happy endings for all :) 

33 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Kim Shin carried that sword for 900 years and it was the diety's order to have the Goblin's bride who can only remove it. But then both Kim Shin and Eun Tak removed the sword together.

One thing more, Eun Tak 's blood is embedded in that sword too together with Kim Shin. It is like a union of two souls in a very dreadful, tragic manner.

I felt like they got married right there and then and vowed their love vocally with Kim Shin uttering the words with not only "Me Too"  (Though that equates sincerity as I love you too). He had said it with his own , saguek speech way, which is more heartbreaking.

Am done with my wine and cheeseburger Goblin night. Friday 13th will never be the same again.

im with u,Friday 13th will never be the same again...cried bucket of this scene...all four deliver their characters perfectly...cant imagine my early morning when this drama ended; keep refresh the pages,eagerly wait for goblins updates with eng sub 

• Like 9

@bebebisous33  I think we will see the butterfly effect next week, in the three remaining episodes! We will see if human will, sheer determination, will cause tempest in the heavens.

@carolinedl  Hello! I found the butterfly effect term from Chaos Theory! Glad to meet someone who's also into philosophy (you're French, right? I've heard from a senior colleague at my uni how your national curriculum drills philosophy...it's amazing) I think Schopenhauer, too, agreed with Sartre that humans are the ones who can change their own fate!

9e47261c1fd8fae4b0739b9e8aa8f828.jpg

Edited by selenette
  • Like 13

CALLING ALL GOBLIN BRIDES ON THIS FORUM:

Let's wear black for the entire week and post nothing but photoshopped sword pictures on IG to symbolize our mourning and how now there's a sword stuck in all of OUR chests, until episode 14-16 comes and takes it out for us. 

6 minutes ago, Lady_Fay said:

I really feel for our goblin and his beloved pride but one little scene concerning Sunny and GR really stuck with me. When Sunny and Eun Tak were talking about how many lives one has as reincarnations, Sunny that she believes to be in her fourth (and as such last) incarnation already, while Eun Tak thinks she's in her first live. What really got me was when Red Lady seemed to confirm Sunny's suspisions about already being in her fourth circle of live while talking to the younger reaper. She was musing to herself "whether it's their 1st or the 4th, they're both equally precious, right?" She's definitely true with that one, both are precious beyond means, but come to think of it I feel devasted to think of Sunny being in her fourth circle of life already. Why? Because it could mean she will not have any chance to have a happy ending with GR if it's not happening within the rest of her current life-span. And that's just very sad, cause obviously she didn't have a happy ending within her first life and she surely did not have happiest second and third life, cause her only love GR wasn't around at that time cause either he was still within the 600 years of torture or he already was a grim reaper who most likely hasn't met her. So if she's in her last remaining life and she's not getting an happy ending this time around as well it would be pure emotional disaster for me. It would be so unfair, cause while Eun Tak and Kim Shin may still have three more incarnations left to meet again and again, Sunny would be bereft of this. So even in her after-life she would not be able to find happiness and that's just not acceptable for me as she's the innocent one within the original conflict between Kim Shin and Wang Jeo.

You kinda just killed me...I have never thought about it....you might be right.....

ZjD6VvS.jpg

this is so stressful i am so sad right now

• Like 13

Kudos to KGE and GY I was bawling as though a beloved member of my family died after that last scene. I legit wanted to hug Eun Tak, she seemed like she was in so much pain.  

Their trip was super cute but so bittersweet, it was like one cute moment before all the pain. I have to laugh at Ji Eun Tak though she's always puckering up when KS tells her that he has a gift for her. My girl is all about that skinship. I'm glad that he was the one who kissed her this time it made me happy for like 5 seconds before I was like damn it's a goodbye kiss. 

PJH trying to kill ET's mom while she was pregnant was actually quite surprising, does that mean that even without KS saving her mom that first time that she was always destined to be the Goblin's bride? I understand all the other time that he tried to kill her but that one shocked me but it also made sense because it explains why halmoni gave her the warning that she did.  

I hope that if the GR does indeed erase ET's memories that he gives her the opportunity to choose to erase them herself because this show has been all about making a choices, so they should extend that courtesy to her as well. Plus I hope that WY knowing what it is like to have your memories erased wouldn't do that without her permission. However, if her memory is erased how will that square with the tangible proof of her relationship with KS, the pictures and mementos? 

I'm both looking forward to and dreading the episodes next week, I want to see the episodes but I don't want the show to end. 

• Like 17

@gamshe  Hello there fellow Sherlock fan! We talked and talked here a couple of times but I never knew you love the show too!!

I'm not shipping Johnlock as a couple, but I do love their bromance and I can see that the production team try to emulate the same bromance vibes here, as you pointed it out.

I think the saddest part of Kim Shin and Wang Yeo's friendship fallout is the fact that each of them feels that one suffers more than the other (despite Wang Yeo's insistence that he is the one to blame, deep inside he still feels that he is wronged, too). This kind of perspective isn't healthy at all and will never be the road to true forgiveness. They need to acknowledge that each of them had their share in the terrible past conflict, from a series of misunderstandings and miscommunications. 

Wang Yeo has to work hard in order to redeem himself, not only in his Grim Reaper capacity but also outside of it. Kim Shin, once he returns (because he WILL) has to learn that he isnt the only one suffering from Park Joong-hun's crimes.

And then, after all is said and done, they have to let go of the past. If they can learn anything from Sunny, is that the past is an integral part of their lives, but it should not dictate them  in the present.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 10

33 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Because he loves her?
Because she will always be in danger as long as PJH is about and specially as he is the source of most evil

By the way the Mini-preview shows a figure laying on the ground of a field ... then footprints thru snow/sand and a shaky walking black figure ...

LOL it was actually a rhetorical why, but thank you anyway :)

My heart just broke into a million little pieces and I am struggling to put it all back together. Since we still have 3 more episodes coming, I am going to continue hoping for a happy resolution. 

I thought this episode really showed how much ET and KS loved each other, and the pain of realizing they can't escape the fact that one has to die for the other to continue living. 

• Like 8

@selenette Yess I am a fan! I actually have been going crazy after the latest episode, but yeah that is another topic. :sweatingbullets:  I think since I joined here later I didn't see those posts.

I got very sad when I realized that Kim Shin is jealous(?) of GR in a way. Like when he said ''You protect that fool in this life too,'' and ''The deity is still on your side.'' But as you said, both of them has been through awful things and this is a chance for them to live the life they never could before. But I think Sunny doesn't do as she says either.... When she decided to ''break up'' with GR, it was because she is the sister of the traitor...I wish she would still be insistent in their relationship. But again, she is also very heartbroken so it is hard to expect things like this right away... Ah I don't know, I am just really sad. :tears:

1 hour ago, selenette said:

I think the saddest part of Kim Shin and Wang Yeo's friendship fallout is the fact that each of them feels that one suffers more than the other (despite Wang Yeo's insistence that he is the one to blame, deep inside he still feels that he is wronged, too). 

And yes I could definitely feel it when he asked KS like ''Why did you come even though you knew you would die?'' :tears:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, CatchMine_ID said:

But that just her (Sunny) thinks... I still wishing that just her 2nd or 3rd, I still :dissapointed_relieved:

Me too...But Euntak also thought she was in her first life, or wished. And it is almost confirmed. So...I feel like I need to prepare myself for the saddest ending possible because I think there might be a possibility that KES might give ShinTak a happy ending and a sad ending to WangSun...You know... altogether a bittersweet ending... Because they were star-crossed since the start...but ShinTak was destined to be together..so yeah...I am going crazy omg

• Like 3