[Official] GOBLIN COUPLE | Kim Go Eun x Gong Yoo

Emily Bett

23 hours ago, ludadeer said:

Wanna add sth here, but since i cannot provide “evidence” of what im saying so better put in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

For those who are curious...i actually asked my korean GY fan friend (as in hardcore fan club fan), she told me it's in fact GY highly recommended GE for this role, which it isn't surprising at all cos he already showed his admiration on this new actress and he'd seen her films (im pretty sure he'd seen all cos all her films especially EunGyo was highly critically acclaimed, n don't forget she swept ALL awards that year!!! It's an very artsy movie and movie industry people def knows how to appreciate it, and GY is more of a movie person himself!!!!!). And since he received the offer first he as an A-lister of course has a say on who he wanted to act alongside with. N that explains why he went protective in presscon when reporters trying to degrade kge n he had to say sth cos she's his pick!!

For those bitter n sour knetz, no matter what u r saying...ge is gy's own choice of dokkaebi shinbu!!!  morons!!!!!

A simple fact is he likes this young actress a lot no matter its in a romantic way or not, he truly appreciate and treasure her talents. N thats why we all can see he takes good care of her so much even from the beginning in Quebec.

Let me know if its inappropriate i can delete this :)

It is fine for me and i like viewing various info.  :D 

It reminds me the interview when they have done the filming in Canada. (I can't find a english subtitle video).

In this interview, he keeps praising GE.  

"It is nice to film in beauty Canada, it is even better to be here with ET "

"It seems i can get closer with KGE during these two weeks"

"KGE is one of my favorite actress, i feel she is more charming than i image during filming so I have to work harder in order to play this role with ET. I would like to thank KE."

(When he is been asked what't the feeling to act with GE)

"We have amazing chemistry when filming Goblin...."

When i first time seeing this video, i feel he is such a nice guy to keep praise his co-workers even he is one of the hottest movie stars now. After reading your post, what he said is pretty much match what you hear from your friend.:D 

11 hours ago, happysmile89 said:
Spoiler

So, thanks to @ludadeer's insights (even without evidence) and all articles, along with the timeline of casting, I do believe that GY was the one who "casted" GE to the drama, or was the most influencing one to make it happen.

- GE did not have a slightest idea about being cast in Goblin even after GY confirmed his role, only until some time after that she got the invitation in surpised (as she said in PC that she was wondering who would be the main actress :D). Shouldn't the main roles be invited around the same time or at least be considered beforehand, so that they will have an idea of who they will be acting with when deciding to join the drama or not ? I found this timeline very convenient for GY to do a little deed to make GE his Goblin bride B).

- As @sooyoungdaebak said, since popular, KES only had many big actress stars to act in her dramas (HJW, PSH, SHK ...). We can see her desire to cast A-listed stars as she pursued GY for 5 years. And for such a big project as this Goblin (10-year anniversary of TVN), I think she's going for A-listed actresses as well (we can see second main leads are LDW and YIN - well-knows names too). So, GE is a really rare case and rather small name compared to others. May be that's why she seemed quite shy and nervous (less confident and cheerful as her personality is) during the PC ? (don't be girl you're the most suitable for Ji Eun Tak, be strong !). So to conclude I think GY really had some power in it.

- Why after 5 years of refusing GY finally accepted KES's offer? I think because he read the script, found out the role of JET fit GE so well and maybe he was "bribed" that he can recommend/choose the leading actress to act with him ? Just a delulu thought though :).

And then God bless us with our beloved GongGo couple :wub:. Thank you GY ajussi. 

Wow, thanks for your analysis. I am not familiar with how Korea Drama is casting and how powerful the writer is and what's KES's preference on main leads.

LDW tries very hard to get his role and KES has been waiting GY for 5 years, so that means she has her own view on casting..

Compare to what you said and someone mention earlier, GE got this role just on one interview...

• Like 16

2 hours ago, needa22 said:

Omg!! It's too obvious isn't it. I notice that his ears gets really red and his face burns like a fire when he's with go eun(i mean eun tak..hihii)

In most cases, this unusual phenomenon is just a variation of blushing -- warm, red blood is shunted to your outer ears, giving them that red appearance. Unlike other blushing, this is not necessarily caused by embarrassment or other triggers; it just happens.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, ghosthunt said:

Lol you got interested, I searched and there's many causes:

The thing with this is, he didn't have red ears in other movies/dramas with other actresses, as @mikenham showed inside spoiler tag :)  

#IamGonnaBeDeluluTillTheEnd

GYs red ears might also be caused by what's under the spoiler

This is actually the first time I've ever seen GY with a red face, neck and ears...

• Like 16

2 hours ago, yayaling000 said:

Hello, welcome to our small but lovely world :D

You are a hardcore fan of GY and love your insight so much, please share more with us if it is possible :heart:

I also like LMJ as she is nature beauty. She is the reason watching "Big" that time.

About this kiss scene, not only ears but also his neck.

It might not that obvious in the picture but if you check the video..... he is burning.:D

Even in this scene, it is just KS put necklace around ET, but GY is blush. His face is turing into red like he is drunk.

It is the scene triggers me to think about his feeling.

Actually there are many scenes that you can see his ears are red.. i am not sure if it is due to the weather is so cold:tongue:

I put some over here if anyone is interesting, can open the spoiler here

I'm surprised GY didn't start having the goblin's blue flame during these romantic or kissing scenes.  He's burning and blushing from his ears, face and neck anyway :tongue:.

Most of the scenes are indoors except for the drunken kiss so it cannot be due to the cold weather, right?

I think GY met his match in KGE.  She can give as much as she gets from him.  Be it teasing, aegyo, energy level, Adlib abilities and acting talent.  That's why he can't take his eyes off of her and he's fascinated.  It's almost like he's looking at a mirror.  With both being Cancer and Goats.

He somehow sees his younger and more ambitious self but at the same time she is also this charming, smart and definitely shining individual who can showcase her talent and beauty at the drop of a hat.  He can't look away.  She makes it too darn hard for him to do so.

Just like what the Quebec jewelry maker said "Destin - a match made in heaven"

@sooyoungdaebak those gifs are so funny.  Just like the goblin, your gifs gave all of us a glimpse of the happy future :tongue:.  Here's me wishing and hoping it will happen in this lifetime.  Please, pretty please Deity?  God?  Universe?  These 2 are perfectly matched, I can't even!

@pnaysurfer84 I'm glad I made you laugh in 1 of my previous posts.  We can all entertain ourselves in this forum while patiently waiting for our OTP to be together IRL.

• Like 22

4 hours ago, mikenham said:

You read my mind !!

One thing that should not be overlooked ...

His ear had never turned RED 

Hide contents

6.png

f_SDiary31m_1a94cfa.jpg

kiss-her.jpg

9bCSM.png

Sure thing !!! the power of Goblin ( 's bride) burned his ear ... LOL

C2ne2GYUQAAB9ZK.jpg

okcexpjjj3q9DfF68nW-o.jpg

Thankyouuuuuuu...

I had my own research about this RED EARS, but never had a guts to make a proper pics in here.

Thanks to you chinguuuuu :wub:

• Like 13

2 hours ago, yayaling000 said:

About this kiss scene, not only ears but also his neck.

It might not that obvious in the picture but if you check the video..... he is burning.:D

6xp2P86.jpg

Even in this scene, it is just KS put necklace around ET, but GY is blush. His face is turing into red like he is drunk.

It is the scene triggers me to think about his feeling.

OzuNxL5.jpg

Actually there are many scenes that you can see his ears are red.. i am not sure if it is due to the weather is so cold. :tongue:

I put some over here if anyone is interesting, can open the spoiler here

Hide contents

pcDruGV.jpg

wxd72Ua.jpg

TlNQDya.jpg

Daebakkk,

Sorry for cutting your post chingu. But it's totally awesome. I never observed this lovebird when just hugging. I just recognize his ear turn RED only when they're kisses. Many poses for kissing, indoor or outdoor, yet still his ears burning like a fire. LOL.

Totally a good observer you are. And thankyouuu for made my day :tongue:

Now, i want trying to observe when GY acting in AMAW. Because they filming when winter too. So maybe to answer denial about weather which can make ears got red. Perhaps. B)

#teamhappytobedelulu

• Like 14

Guys thanks for accepting me here. I was happy and grateful to be part of GongGo's shipper. I just want to say that our teamwork was really superb, even we can win our OTP in http://www.hallyuvote.com. So let's keep praying together for them to be real couple . More prayers for them, the easier it is to become a reality.  The only thing we can do now is pray. God isn't blind and deaf. :wub:

• Like 12

OH! I forgot to add this little gem here:

Not sure if this video has been shared here, but I just saw this piece of gem and I love the parallels in both Kim Shin from Goblin and Seol-hee from Memories of the Sword. Now I wonder if it's the same buckwheat flower field in both projects. Hmm... either way, this is beautiful and of course Ailee's voice for the OST is the cherry on top! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the editing and how they made it look like Shin saw Eun-tak's past life and she's just as epic as he is.

• Like 16

Sorry to burst the bubble since I'm a shipper too but one of the reasons why his ears could have turned red during the hotel kissing scene could just be that it was hot under those jackets plus he was carrying GE... 

we should have a look at the scene in coffee prince where he carried YEH to see if his ears were red then too 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blumilk said:

Sorry to burst the bubble since I'm a shipper too but one of the reasons why his ears could have turned red during the hotel kissing scene could just be that it was hot under those jackets plus he was carrying GE... 

we should have a look at the scene in coffee prince where he carried YEH to see if his ears were red then too 

I actually watched his kissing scenes from BiG and CP and he never glowed red. Even his hands are red during the make out scene in the hotel in Dokebi. Was GY shy? Only he and GE would know lol! 

• Like 15