♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

*** More dramas coming in hot! This week’s drops are quite interesting ones — we have the first-ever drama production from Apple TV+ (all eyes on how that goes), and an apocalyptic infectious disease-themed drama that feels way too close to life to be entertainment. But I'll watch anyway. The good news is that "HAPPINESS" will be available on Viki US. It is also available on Iqiyi. :7555_attack:

Premiere Watch: Dr. Brain, Happiness

Happiness

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Thriller, fantasy, horror, action
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: Han Hyo-joo and Park Hyung-shik take the lead in tvN’s thriller Happiness. In the story, the two have know each other since high school, and are now in the police force as a squad member and a detective. And, important plot point, Hyung-shik has thing for her. However, their world is not a happy one (punny title reference intended) — infectious diseases are now common, and a new one threatens to shut down life as they know it. I feel it’s a little too soon to delve into the psychological, political, and economic mayhem that comes from an epidemic, but perhaps that’s actually the perfect time to deliver some catharsis? Either way, I think we can trust the story in the hands of PD Ahn Gil-ho, and I’m in.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/premiere-watch-dr-brain-happiness/

• Like 2

*** On November 5, “Happiness” premiered to promising viewership ratings: according to Nielsen Korea, the first episode scored an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent. The drama also took first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The drama's EP1 was pretty good. It's PHS's comeback drama... I'm happy for it. I hope it will increase as the story progresses.    :Woah:

202111060755060010_2_20211106075803521.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000507832

• Like 2

*** I love watching their teamwork and enjoyed moments of laughter. PHS laughs a lot while filming. I'm so glad he's back“. Only 2 episodes but it's really worth to watch. Happiness” airs every Friday and Saturday at 10:40 p.m. KST.

:shaq:

Behind The Scenes Of “Happiness”

Han-Hyo-Joo-Park-Hyung-Sik-1.jpg

Han-Hyo-Joo-Park-Hyung-Sik.jpg

credit : soompi news

*** "Happiness" has premiered. The drama came in with a decent 3.3 percent and managed to stay steady going into the next day. :Fist1:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 1-7, 2021

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-1-7-2021/

Friday, Nov. 5      
One the Woman 15 SBS 16.7%
Happiness 1 tvN 3.3%
Saturday, Nov. 6      
Young Lady and Gentleman 13 KBS 27.8%
One the Woman 16 SBS 17.8%
Inspector Koo 3 JTBC 2.0%
Chimera 3 OCN 0.9%
Happiness 2 tvN 3.2%
Jirisan 5 tvN 8.0%
  • Like 1

TOP 23 Most Popular K-Dramas Among International Fans

What was the first drama you got hooked on?

K-drama is loved and watched all over the world. We’ve all binge watched a K-drama or two, or three… or four. One does not simply watch one episode of a series, you binge watch them all.

15. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017)

A drama about a freakishly strong but sweet girl (played by Park Bo Young) caught between the love for her arrogant, yet gorgeous boss played by Park Hyung Sik, and her handsome but disinterested childhood crush played by Jisoo.

yaK1n9ZZ2ETrQnbVGCOW9Boz2DJTb78GRwD96FT5UQ8uG1G7nG6buEgjd3QdnZIYkIfFmqxo3PKmPIUX0QytNkiBONPnHkFkQg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Park Hyung Sik plays the role of a video game company CEO. He also is an avid gamer in real life too!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 1

Here’s The Real Truth Behind Park Hyung Sik And Part Bo Young’s Relationship

“I wanted to love you more but I’m sad it’s over.” — Park Hyung Sik

MYKywElNAJjzAD_ST_n8rrZAIdQCAUB-7ThU5hoB

Park Hyung Sik revealed that his love for Park Bo Young in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon was real, both on-screen and off-screen.

Bw9xqGtQaT9LWpcsfKXkz3m6HFt043WFSrUOiKlk

Park Bo Young noona, I really loved you. You were that lovable. You were truly Bong Soon. Because you were the perfect Bong Soon, it was so natural for me to love you. I wanted to love you more but I’m sad it’s over.

— Park Hyung Sik

Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik gained attention for their incredible chemistry while filming the drama in 2017, leading to dating rumors between the two.

58dfc6731e7b0.jpg

Spoiler

Park Hyung Sik later admitted he did have feelings for his co-star while filming and that she was the deciding factor in him taking the role of Ahn Min Hyuk.

0gQYkX80DrGi-mdaz8hTyfotTQ7eo0rJ9zfYQFBzpP1bQ8V3hsUby-_MLovfNYtltBqyNb3A8j6Rd6Mzmov3B_t6wDi3mKoEIg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

I thought I would be foolish to miss this opportunity, so I agreed to star. But later on I found out my partner would be Park Bo Young. That’s when I thought I definitely had to do this. Everyone around me was envious.

— Park Hyung Sik

He explained that he particularly loved his role in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon because he believes his genuine emotions made his performance his best yet.

piFBQxJmBmnES6aM9vJ1ttiPNSVg3ssf8-6zORLhIH7KI3tLVoh0V6afEYmR6AZtZJFJSdf8DUrJxrNoPCnyOY9-HJdBaidM=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Ahn Min Hyuk fell in love at first sight with Do Bong Soon, so I loved Do Bong Soon completely. Since I was adopting Ahn Min Hyuk’s emotions, our kiss scenes were really natural and nicely shot. I felt she was important and I cared for her. As their love became mutual, Ahn Min Hyuk’s genuine affection for her started showing. Of course, I think it was because Park Bo Young was so lovable.

— Park Hyung Sik

And Park Bo Young also admitted she easily could have fallen for his intense gaze. “Park Hyung Sik has a sweet gaze. If he had just looked at me like that, I would have swooned, but he even looked at the director in the same way.”

jPA7-anB2oYquMSLlGlY9_9UFfPfNRJeOeqAk6kRcMPWMX6JX0uts2mmomFyTYZJLfQWx2NfRTB8lOk8hut6gpbXKjiViREpQvg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Even though the two have moved on to new projects, the couple is still fiercely shipped by the series’ fans.

xL4GPADEXPSpC-ri6zpg3Zf1WhsPCLd4Yjk9kdaMsXesggOOvEIaZ_GNX68MdKFl8Tal6paqVWvSvwNKQrSdBaygCpgWoj_zwR4=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

They continued to show their friendship off-screen, sending each other congratulatory churros and coffee when they each started filming their new shows!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhv6jvOHs0n/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=2db43f65-8e4c-47f1-aa82-2e8b4784c00d

source : Koreaboo

*** I hope the promotional circuit really push this drama as hard. Early reviews are good but, I'm not hearing the usual raves. The ratings are actually good. It's just that the time slot is quite late in the night to pull viewers in numbers. We'll see how the next EP delivers. Hope it's a good one. The OST is very high quality and the pacing so far is good. I'm extremely excited for the next EP. This drama is quite well-done despite the lack of promotion, though. The drama is more fun than I thought. I'm enjoying the drama. Hoping the ratings will increase as it got good word of mouth. Or hopefully, ratings will be stable

and quality remains good.    :rubchin:

[K-Star’s Best Character] The Countless Emotions ‘Park Hyung Sik’ Is About to Show Beyond ‘Happiness’

Park Hyung Sik is widely known for his acting career, but he first debuted as a member of the boy group ZE:A in 2010. He is both good at singing and acting, as he served the main vocalist position in his group. Having appeared as a cameo in Prosecutor Princess (2010) and Gloria (2010), he expanded his career as an actor through the two-part one-act play I Remember You (2012). Since then, he consistently appeared in TV series in big and small roles and showed stable performances. However, he couldn’t break away from the ‘an idol-turned-actor’ image.

Park Hyung Sik took a step forward as an actor by playing Cha Dal Bong, the youngest of three siblings in the 2014 KBS weekend drama What’s With This Family. He polished his acting skills by working with older actors and received much love for being a cute young couple with his partner Nam Ji Hyun. Then, in the 2015 SBS drama High Society, he played a rich, evil guy, who also has a soft side to him, named Yoo Chang Soo, and broke away from his previous image.

Park Hyung Sik, who stayed active as a singer and actor at the same time, began to appear in various other fields such as dramas, movies, and musicals. In particular, he started focusing on actings when he changed his agency in 2017. In JTBC Strong Girl Bong Soon (2017), in which he starred with Park Bo Young, he played the role of Ahn Min Hyuk. Ahn is a quirky CEO of a game company who is charming and playful. The drama made him a Hallyu star as it grew popular among many Asian countries. After that, in the Korean remake of Suits aired on KBS, he was much loved for his bubbly and energetic role. The visual chemistry with Jang Dong Gun, with whom he co-starred the series, garnered a lot of interest. He brilliantly articulated a huge amount of lines with accurate diction.

Park Hyung Sik has been away from his fans for a while after wrapping up his movie Juror 8 and completing his military duties. He is now gearing up to meet his fans with new work. Happiness is an apocalyptic thriller series set in the near future where coronavirus has all died out. The drama takes place at a high-rise apartment that becomes sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges. Park Hyung Sik will show a new aspect of him as a homicide detective who tries to get through the situation with a strong sense of responsibility. Will he be able to deliver ‘happiness’ to viewers with this coming-up drama? I’m looking forward to experiencing the different emotions he will show in the future.

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/11/07/k-stars-best-character-beyond-happiness-the-countless-emotions-park-hyung-sik-will-show/

• Like 2

9 K-Drama Celebrities Who Came From Wealthy Families

Their affluent backgrounds didn't stop them from working hard!

There are Korean celebrities who are born with affluent backgrounds yet still choose to work hard to make a name for themselves. Curious as to who are they? Below is a list of K-drama actors and actresses from influential families and are real-life chaebols.

Korean Celebrities Who Were Born Rich

3. Park Hyung Sik

Just like Siwon, Park Hyung Sik is also a K-pop-idol-slash-K-drama-actor, and he, too, is born to a well-off family! In a TV show, he clarified that his father is not the CEO of an international car company (that starts with a B and *coughs* is followed by an M and *coughs again* ends with a W) but is a board member. Still...wow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK3SYaklrW2/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=7fbfd137-ec96-4c2e-86bf-d81f3b7b3d01

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-celebrities-born-rich-a4575-20201220?ref=home_featured_big

• Insightful 2

CONTEST: Movember Oppa event - win prizes!

Chingus, now is your chance to win prizes as we are launching our Movember oppa event. Let your creative juices flow as you transform your oppa into a mustache oppa or a beard oppa. Let other forum members admire your oppa with facial hair. :wub: 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Thanks 1

Park Hyung-sik, Rowoon, Nam Yoon-su: Who are the K-drama hunks hogging our screens (and hearts) now?

As the Netflix K-drama The King's Affection trends on the streaming platform, we've definitely taken notice of the three handsome male leads — Rowoon, Nam Yoon-su and Choi Byung-chan. 

Just in case these names sound slightly unfamiliar to some, here's a quick introduction to these young heartthrobs, as well as others who are on our screens recently. 

5. Park Hyung-sik 

After being discharged from his military duties in January, Park Hyung-sik is back in action playing a detective in the newly released drama Happiness, an apocalyptic thriller set in a time when infectious diseases have become the norm. 

Hyung-sik — who turns 30 on Nov 16 — is a member of the South Korean boy group ZE:A, and prior to his hiatus, had been acting in television shows since 2010. His last television series before enlistment was the Korean remake of Suits, a drama centred around the lives of lawyers. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/park-hyung-sik-rowoon-nam-yoon-su-kings-affection-k-drama-hunks-hogging-screens

• Like 1

3 Things We Loved And 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Happiness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

There’s nothing quite as satisfying as tuning in for a drama that features the return of your favorite actor or actress after they’ve been on a long hiatus. tvN’s “Happiness” features two highly-anticipated comebacks to the small screen: Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik. This thriller follows the story of Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) and Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik), two elite police officers who uncover the beginning of a new infectious disease. With promises of psychological battles, desperate struggles, and fights for survival, “Happiness” delivered on amping up the suspense and hooked viewers with its first two episodes. These are the parts we loved and hated.

Warning: Spoilers for the premiere episodes below.

Spoiler

LOVED: Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun’s relationship

The relationship between Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun is already gearing up to be the heart of the show.

While K-dramas are certainly no stranger to the childhood best friend trope, “Happiness” uses it to their advantage. There are many K-dramas where it takes ages for the characters to like each other, let alone show affection and concern that isn’t out of a jealous outburst. And to be honest, it would’ve been easy to make them enemies-to-lovers in this drama. After all, it is quite satisfying to watch two people teeter the line of love and hate come together to survive an apocalyptic situation. Unlikely friends, Sae Bom and Yi Hyun meet for the first time with the promise that they will find happiness (pun intended) in the future. It’s clear that they have become a team over the years although they work in separate departments. One scene in particular that stuck out is when they finally meet up at the disease center and check to see if the other is okay. Like any pair of friends, they tease each other often, but when it comes down to it, they aren’t afraid to show their affection. Friendship lays the best foundation for romance, so it will be fun to watch how these two grow together even more.

park-hyung-sik-happiness-01-e16364465443

han-hyo-joo-happiness-02-e1636446651713.

LOVED: Han Tae Suk’s mysterious past

It isn’t a thriller if there isn’t at least one shady main character, and Han Tae Suk (Jo Woo Jin) plays his role just right. The intrigue of his character lies in the fact that while it may seem like he has ulterior motives, you can’t quite pin down whether he’s going to be revealed as a villain or remain on the good side of things. Usually in K-dramas, when a lead is shady it usually means they’ll end up bad, but the second episode revealed that there’s more to Han Tae Suk than meets the eye. When Yi Hyun gets attacked by one of the infected, Han Tae Suk draws his gun to shoot the zombie-like human. Before he pulls the trigger, he closes his eyes and flashes back to an infected woman who’s chained to a bed and writhing around. It’s yet to be confirmed if it’s his wife, friend, or another family member… but it opens up a whole new direction and motivation for his character. I, for one, cannot wait to see how his character will unfold throughout the rest of the episodes.

Jo-Woo-Jin-happiness-e1636446788236.jpg

happiness2-e1636446876919.jpg

LOVED: Yoon Sae Bom becoming a role model to Park Seo Yoon

Even thrillers have cute and heartwarming scenes, and “Happiness” gives you a breather from the suspense when Sae Bom meets one of her neighbors, a young girl named Park Seo Yoon (Song Ji Woo). Much like Sae Bom when she was younger, Seo Yoon is ill and spends many days home alone. Sae Bom catches her leaving a thank you note for the rice cake she passed around, and then the two proceed to exercise together. Sae Bom promises Seo Yoon that she will end up stronger than she is once she’s all better. Their relationship is already endearing, and it will be interesting to see how things end up given the fact that there are other neighbors who are likely to have the infectious disease. Aside from the main characters, Seo Yoon is a character you will definitely find yourself hoping to stay alive.

han-hyo-joo-happiness-01-e1636446964921.

song-ji-woo-happiness-e1636447039171.jpg

han-hyo-joo-song-ji-woo-happiness-e16364

HATED: Lee Seung Young’s transformation

Finally, there’s the tragic transformation of Sae Bom’s partner Lee Seung Young (Lee Kyu Hyung). Scratched by the first victim they found, his character begins to spiral in the premiere episodes since he doesn’t know if he will die or not from the disease. He strikes up a deal with a reporter to get the scoop on what happens at the disease center where they treat the victims who have been infected. During his covert investigation, he is locked into a freezer with seemingly comatose patients who awaken and ultimately finish the transformation he had already been going under.

While it was certainly the turning point of the drama, it was still devastating to watch Sae Bom desperately look around for him only to realize that he couldn’t be saved. However, it will be exciting to see how this shapes the story going forward. Did he send the video of the patients to the reporter before he transformed? How will this affect Sae Bom? We’ll have to tune in next week to find out.

lee-kyu-hyung-happiness-e1636447394666.j

Watch the premiere episodes below:

Watch Now

*** “Happiness” has shared a sneak peek of a tense moment from its upcoming episode! In the photos, Jung Yi Hyun is keenly analyzing Baek Hyun Jin’s room. What is especially alarming is the blood-stained mirror of the bathroom. In the third episode, they  will find out what is causing the sound in the apartment above them. The infectious disease will end up in their haven, and how their lives will change because of it. The struggle for survival will now begin.  :emmm:

Episode 3 of “Happiness” will air on November 12 at 10:40 p.m. KST.  :Twerkdatbutt:

happiness-42.jpg

happiness-32.jpg

happiness-22.jpg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=215&aid=0000996191

• Like 1

*** This drama is generating a lot of response and positive feedback. I'm looking out & curious where the origin of this life-threatening infectious disease as the drama progresses. It develops and spreads continuously, from one person to another. Although there is a drug that helped to stop the virus, the severe side effects were proven to be more excruciating. The drugs are illegally distributed in the black market. It was said in the drama, "Just because you feel fine

today doesn't mean you'll live tomorrow." -     :crymeme:

"Happiness" third episode is slated to air on tvN tomorrow Friday, November 12 at 10:40 p.m. KST. :blush:

*** Song Hye Kyo has thanked Park Hyung Sik for his sweet display of support for her new drama! Yesterday November 12 she revealed on Instagram Stories that Park Hyung Sik had sent her flowers to celebrate the premiere of her latest drama Now We Are Breaking Up.  Sharing a photo of herself with the flowers he sent her, with a caption -  “Thank u!! [Park Hyung Sik] ‘Happiness’!!” The photo posted also reveals that in his card, Park Hyung Sik playfully brought up the fact that the air times of their new dramas happen to overlap. (“Now We Are Breaking Up” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST, while “Happiness” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10:40 p.m. KST.) His card reads, “Kyo noona, congratulating you sincerely on your premiere at 22:00~ From your dongsaeng on the next channel over at 22:40~” PHS is always so endearing! I hope they can do a series together in the future. Will definitely root for it. 

:Woah:

Song-Hye-Kyo3.jpg

• Like 1