♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

10 hours ago, ferily said:

Yess Park Hyung Sik reached 1 million followers on Instagram :wub: I remember when he only had 300-500k followers and now he has 1 million! Proud of him for coming this far with his popularity and acting skills~

He is so handsome in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and I absolutely love his character, Ahn Min Hyuk, in that drama! :D His acting is really good now, well I mean I always believed in him and thought he is an amazing actor~

I first saw Park Hyung Sik in What Happens to my Family and I immediately fell in love with him when I saw in that drama. His acting is really good in that drama and does a great job portraying Cha Dal Bong :) Also he was acting with all his sunbae in that drama too.

After I saw him in his drama, I was hoping he would be a lead role in a drama, but he was casted in High Society and then Hwarang. He finally got his first lead role with Strong Woman Do Bong Soon :wub: I'm so proud of him for coming this far ^^ He is such a talented actor and very good at expressing himself, especially as an idol actor!

precisely my thoughts... when you see him act... it's mesmerizing..:wub: 

even more impressive when you know that is not his day job... him being a singer first, actor second.. :wub:

• Like 4

from their wikipedia page ZE:A 

ZE:A (Hangul: 제국의 아이들), also known as Children of Empire, was a South Korean boy group formed by Star Empire Entertainment in 2010. The group was composed of nine members: Kevin, Kwanghee, Siwan, Lee Hoo, Taeheon, Heechul, Minwoo, Hyungsik and Dongjun. The group released their debut single album Nativity with lead single "Mazeltov" on January 7, 2010,[1] alongside their showcase performance five days later. The group debuted on KBS's Music Bank on January 15, 2010. On February 9, 2017, it was announced that ZE:A disbanded.

:oi don't know if there is an official annocement:)

• Like 3

On 3/5/2017 at 6:30 AM, Ainee Etp said:

Got this from DB cause someone is proving that PHS's eyelashes are originals.

Young Hyung Sik:

Hehe, yes~ Also in his baby photos, you can see his ears still look the same from when he was a kid and even now. Park Hyung Sik just has a unique ear shape, which makes him more charming right? :wub: 

Personally, I don't think Park Hyung Sik got any plastic surgery because first he doesn't have double eyelids, second I don't think he got any nose surgery... The only thing I know is that he used to have a mole on his right chin when he was young (you can see it in his baby photo when he comes out in The Return of Superman) and you can see the bump on his chin even now (Although you don't see it in Hwarang but it's noticeable in High Society, What Happens to My Family, and a little bit in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon). I think he is pretty much all natural, but you never know what other people may say... :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ferily said:

Hehe, yes~ Also in his baby photos, you can see his ears still look the same from when he was a kid and even now. Park Hyung Sik just has a unique ear shape, which makes him more charming right? :wub: 

Personally, I don't think Park Hyung Sik got any plastic surgery because first he doesn't have double eyelids, second I don't think he got any nose surgery... The only thing I know is that he used to have a mole on his right chin when he was young (you can see it in his baby photo when he comes out in The Return of Superman) and you can see the bump on his chin even now (Although you don't see it in Hwarang but it's noticeable in High Society, What Happens to My Family, and a little bit in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon). I think he is pretty much all natural, but you never know what other people may say... :sweatingbullets: 

I agree, the first picture is totally what he looks like right now. He's natural as his nose is not the type you get through plastic surgery. And the elvish ear :wub:

I sometimes wonder if the mole is not totally removed? His latest photo with V, he puts his finger in front the mole area. I thought it's coincidence but both photo from him and V has the same area covered. But he's still good looking, nonetheless..

Other than the mole, the only thing that changed were the teeth. Two sharp edges on left and right were removed before he starts filming for High Society. But teeth correction is definitely not plastic surgery.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

Newest rumour is he might sign contract with United Artists Agency, home to Song Hye Gyo & Yoo Ah In. UAA responded that they had one talk but no decision has been made. Plum did not have talk with Hyungsik but Plum mentioned that many agencies are talking to Siwan and Hyungsik now. I think Hyungsik will make his decision after filming his drama. 

His dad is a member of board of director of Korea BMW 

Thanks for the info. Siwan is joining Plum?

It's a great thing that SWDBS is doing good now so he might has better offer. I thought Keyeast denied having ever discuss with him. I wonder why Blossom did not approach him. Just please.. don't join YG or SM.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Thanks for the info. Siwan is joining Plum?

It's a great thing that SWDBS is doing good now so he might has better offer. I thought Keyeast denied having ever discuss with him. I wonder why Blossom did not approach him. Just please.. don't join YG or SM.

Siwan had a meeting with Plum but Plum said they did not have any specific discussions about a possible exclusive contract nor have there been any decisions made. Plum just mentioned that these two are the hottest commodities in FA market. 

I doubt Blossom will be interested in getting Hyungsik. They had Park Bogum and Song Joong ki. Park Bogum and Hyungsik are similar in age group and might be vying for similar roles. If they have any good offers, I am sure Blossom will give to PBG so I am glad I don't hear any rumours of him going to Blossom Entertainment. 

Keyeast denied having discussions so I am glad. I used to like Keyeast but after their collaboration with SM, I prefer him to stay away from Keyeast. I don't think he will sign with YG. Just a feeling. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ainee Etp said:

The scene when Min Hyuk is asking Bong Soon about "character assassination" I thought of this:

can't help laughing at this... so apt and true... his jinheung was basically decimated in hwarang. i do wonder sometimes, had a different actor been playing his jinheung, would the character have gained the same number of supportes/symphatizers? probably not. he was just perfect for the role that he won a lot of hearts, even if, come to think of it, his character was kind of pathetic.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jjoy84 said:

can't help laughing at this... so apt and true... his jinheung was basically decimated in hwarang. i do wonder sometimes, had a different actor been playing his jinheung, would the character have gained the same number of supportes/symphatizers? probably not. he was just perfect for the role that he won a lot of hearts, even if, come to think of it, his character was kind of pathetic.

I am thinking no, unless the actor has the same ability in expressing emotions through eyes, speaks really good in sageuk and regal looking with long hair, SMJ character might probably lost supports halfway through the drama. Of course, there are good actors around, but Hwarang needed young actor (to portray young budding Hwarangs) so I will say PHS is one of the best in that age range.

I can't think of anyone other than PHS being King Jin Heung. Sighhh.. how long do we need to wait for another sageuk from him?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

Siwan had a meeting with Plum but Plum said they did not have any specific discussions about a possible exclusive contract nor have there been any decisions made. Plum just mentioned that these two are the hottest commodities in FA market. 

I doubt Blossom will be interested in getting Hyungsik. They had Park Bogum and Song Joong ki. Park Bogum and Hyungsik are similar in age group and might be vying for similar roles. If they have any good offers, I am sure Blossom will give to PBG so I am glad I don't hear any rumours of him going to Blossom Entertainment. 

Keyeast denied having discussions so I am glad. I used to like Keyeast but after their collaboration with SM, I prefer him to stay away from Keyeast. I don't think he will sign with YG. Just a feeling. 

You are right. I haven't thought of that, Song Joong Ki for mature role while Park Bo Gum for younger role. Basically, Blossom has enough cards in their hand so it will be competitive.

What type of collaboration between Keyeast and SM? I googled for the news but it's pretty vague how are they doing the shared partnership. Meaning if PHS (under Keyeast) is getting a role in drama, an idol from SM might probably get to tag along as part of the deal? If this is the case.. OH NO....:unsure:

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I am thinking no, unless the actor has the same ability in expressing emotions through eyes, speaks really good in sageuk and regal looking with long hair, SMJ character might probably lost supports halfway through the drama. Of course, there are good actors around, but Hwarang needed young actor (to portray young budding Hwarangs) so I will say PHS is one of the best in that age range.

I can't think of anyone other than PHS being King Jin Heung. Sighhh.. how long do we need to wait for another sageuk from him?

you're right, among the actors in his age group, the only one i think that may come close is Park Bo Gum, but i doubt he'd be able to pull it off as well as PHS. no offense to PBG, i love him to bits and he's an amazing actor, i'm just not sure if he can pull off SMJ as perfectly as PHS did. 

i also want to see him in a sageuk. sageuk roles really suit him. i'd like to see him with go ara, but this time, paired off together and not an unrequited love. i know i must sound like a broken record, but i really like the chemistry between the two of them. plus points that they make such a stunning pair even in stills alone. and hopefully, they'll have a decent script this time around, where he won't be such a pathetic and weak character, and she would not be the damsel in distress who always needs to be saved. please drama gods! let this happen! :)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

I agree, the first picture is totally what he looks like right now. He's natural as his nose is not the type you get through plastic surgery. And the elvish ear :wub:

I sometimes wonder if the mole is not totally removed? His latest photo with V, he puts his finger in front the mole area. I thought it's coincidence but both photo from him and V has the same area covered. But he's still good looking, nonetheless..

Other than the mole, the only thing that changed were the teeth. Two sharp edges on left and right were removed before he starts filming for High Society. But teeth correction is definitely not plastic surgery.

Haha yeah Park Hyung Sik definitely looks natural. I don't think he would really want to go through plastic surgery anyways~

i think maybe it wasn't just a regular mole where you could get it removed and it disappears immediately. Maybe it was more than a mole so once he got it removed, it left a mark hence you see the bump on his chin. This is just my take on this but nevertheless he still looks handsome with or without it :wub: (Like you said hehe)

8 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

Has Siwan not signed with any company yet either? I wonder where Siwan is going to go since he is a good actor as well (Although I personally never watched any of his dramas)...

that makes sense that Blossom wouldn't be interested in taking Park Hyung Sik since Park Bo Gum is 1993, two years younger than Hyung Sik. Plus Park Bo Gum and Song Joong Ki are both really good actors and are probably briinging a lot profit to the company already so maybe they wouldn't be interested in taking somebody else?

Isn't KeyEast where Park seo joon is by the way?

2 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

I think Park Hyung Sik did a really good job portraying Sam Maek Jong in Hwarang. Honestly I cannot imagine any other actor portraying SMJ because it was Park Hyung Sik who played him! :lol: For me I don't or can't really imagine other actors portraying a character because you just know that character as the actor who did play it (if that makes sense...). In this case PHS played SMJ so I see SMJ as PHS. I can't imagine somebody else portraying him..

2 hours ago, jjoy84 said:

you're right, among the actors in his age group, the only one i think that may come close is Park Bo Gum, but i doubt he'd be able to pull it off as well as PHS. no offense to PBG, i love him to bits and he's an amazing actor, i'm just not sure if he can pull off SMJ as perfectly as PHS did. 

i also want to see him in a sageuk. sageuk roles really suit him. i'd like to see him with go ara, but this time, paired off together and not an unrequited love. i know i must sound like a broken record, but i really like the chemistry between the two of them. plus points that they make such a stunning pair even in stills alone. and hopefully, they'll have a decent script this time around, where he won't be such a pathetic and weak character, and she would not be the damsel in distress who always needs to be saved. please drama gods! let this happen! :)

PBG is an amazing actor as well. He did awesome in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, and he's really good at facial expressions too. But like I said above with my comment in response to Ainee Etp, I can't imagine SMJ as being anybody else except PHS...

5 minutes ago, Era Ferawati said:

Found the bts

I was actually watching the Heirs BTS on YouTube last night :lol: I love the chemistry he has between all the actors and actresses. It seems that he was especially close to Minhyuk and Woobin :)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, whowhatwhere said:

Hyungsik and Uee did a photoshoot for Bang Bang.  There are more pictures of him in the catalogue: http://www.bangbang.co.kr/about/catalogue.asp.

(Also hi! I've been a long-time lurker on soompi forums and my love for Hyungsik spurred me to create an account.)

Yes!!! I saw the photos on Instagram, and I was like a High Society reunion as soon as I saw Uee!!! :lol:

Welcome to the thread and Hyungsik fan club by the way!

• Like 3

@whowhatwhere ,@WendyHo welcome to the thread,let's spazz together :lol:

@ferily I think he close with all esp woobin,PSH,LMH,but we see on video the one with woobin,we saw PD call him when he arrived,so he must close not only cast but staff also,and that's one of thousand reason I love him:wub:

Btw can I rant abt SMJ char?:D

SMJ is best char I ever watched in drama and movie before ep 19 airing(that ep make him pitties person in the world,and it's hurt me)so even I get good ep on ep 20,still hwarang make me little dissapoointed,thanks to SWDBS it's cure me:heart:

And @jjoy84 actually I skip all ah ro scene on that drama,even with SMJ:lol: I like her on the beginning but when the story make her love SW only,never look at SMJ,I just want SMJ to focus for his friend and people:lol:and most best thing abt SMJ char when he can accept ah ro love with SW,and happy for them,I think that's the greatest thing man can do:lol:but this is maybe just me.

Gosh he so handsome here:heart:

1488808646_zpsvkvx2pth.jpg

1488940422_zpsnz7t2jfu.gif

Sr.dc 

I want see him on movie this year...

• Like 6

@Era Ferawati, i actually liked Aro at the start of the drama, till the writer decided that she's better off as the pretty prop and turned her into a damsel in distress and we lost the feisty Aro from the start. i think part of the reason why i liked her with SMJ is that they understood each other perfectly. she pushes him to be a better version of himself and he in turn, brings out the feisty Aro. i usually see glimpses of the Aro that i liked whenever she's with SMJ. it also helped that Go Ara and PHS had great chemistry (for me at least), as opposed to the zero chemistry of PSJ and Go Ara. she even said as much in one of her interviews, which i still find ironic till now. i never really got the SW and Aro romance since they tend to pull each other down and maybe it's just me, i find their relationship unhealthy since both did not thrive in the relationship, they did not grow as individuals and as a couple. this is in direct contrast to the what could have been between SMJ and Aro since the foundation is already there, and they were already pushing each other to be better versions of themselves, but that's just me. sorry, if this post is a bit off topic. probably better suited in the hwarang thread. :)

anyway, hope PHS signs up with a new agency soon who'll be able to take care of him and his career. hope he gets the chance to rest after SWDBS though, before starting in a new project.

• Like 5

On 3/7/2017 at 10:57 PM, Ainee Etp said:

You are right. I haven't thought of that, Song Joong Ki for mature role while Park Bo Gum for younger role. Basically, Blossom has enough cards in their hand so it will be competitive.

What type of collaboration between Keyeast and SM? I googled for the news but it's pretty vague how are they doing the shared partnership. Meaning if PHS (under Keyeast) is getting a role in drama, an idol from SM might probably get to tag along as part of the deal? If this is the case.. OH NO....:unsure:

They share artists, staff, intellectual property, and resources. If possible, they do pair up Keyeast actor with SM actresses/idols. This is not always the case but the possibility is higher if the genre is light-hearted/rom-com rather than dramas with a more serious tone.  

Park Seo Joon(Keyeast) - Go Ara (SM)

Lee Hyun Woo(Keyeast) - Joy (SM)

I am not saying Joy or Go Ara is bad at acting, just stating Keyeast-SM collaboration. 

I love watching talented idol actors/actresses act but we all know SM has very few talented actresses now. 

• Like 5