♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

1 hour ago, jechoi1 said:

It's the hair.  His hair in High Society changed everything.  OK, I kinda of take that back.  I think the transformation started towards the very end of What's With this Family.  If you see him in the Running Man episode, you see his hair is starting to take on what will eventually be his High Society hair.  It looks a bit more like an upside down bowl, but you can see where it's going.  And then High Society happened.  If you haven't seen his Celebrity Bromance, you should check out his hair there (which he was in the process of growing out for Hwarang).  Personally, I think it beats his High Society hair.

But aside from his hair, I think it's more than just the teeth.  He's mentioned in interviews that he gets a lot of skincare, and you can see that he's wearing soooooo much more makeup than before.  I'm almost a little worried for him because in Strong Woman, he's extremely made up, so much so that it sometimes detracts from his acting.  The eyeshadow and the eyebrows, on top of all the foundation and contouring.  It makes me fear that he has a new stylist and she's SJ's Ryewook's old stylist.  I'm not very familiar with Ryewook, but watching Celebrity Bromance, you see one beautiful PHS and one very plastic-looking Ryewook.

Running Man was his worst hair style, thick and like you said upside down bowl. But now you mentioned it, perhaps he was growing it while stylist still trying to make out what to do with his hair.  Even though Ahn Min Hyuk hairstyle is good, nothing beats his High Society's bed head (OK, exclude the sageuk long hair). It had an Edward Cullen feel.

I can't ascertain whether he's wearing a lot of makeup or not in SWDBS. Sometimes he looks natural sometimes not very (with pinkish lips). He seemed 'white' and 'pink' during the sunset scene, so you're right. I didn't notice eyeshadows, are there? The eyebrows, I think, are naturally thick and overly black. He trimmed them down in high society.

I wish he will be less self-conscious about his look. He avoided all the cameras in 2D1N in the morning, after the sleep in. Couldn't catch his face at all in there.

No no no.. please not Ryeowook's stylist. :bawling: He shouldn't have an idol-stylist for acting. These kind of stylists are CC cream worshippers.

35 minutes ago, Amanda_HS said:

Not angry but i doubt he is lying about his height. Hyungsik's official height in the past was 184 cm, sometimes even 185 cm. But during interviews, he repeatedly states he is 183 cm. If he is going to lie, I think he would have said 184 cm. In Real Men, there is an episode where they have to measure their height. Henry lied about his height and was caught. He mentioned to his army officers that he's 183 cm. 

Their height difference isn't that big in SWDBS when they are both wearing slippers. Both of them are slouching a little. 

Spoiler

tumblr_omtz96Ej4N1qdnbgao2_540.png

I am also curious why he doesn't appear tall at times but I guess him not standing straight is a problem and he never bothers with inserts. I think he appears much shorter in the event because of Jisoo's hairstyle and their shoes. Jisoo is 3cm taller than him and although Hyungsik's shoes has heels, it is still considered flat as compared to Jisoo's sports shoes.

I think it is quite weird that he is considered quite tall but he always got taller costars. Lee Minho 187cm, Kim Woobin 188cm, Sung Joon 188cm, Park Seo Joon 185 cm now Jisoo 186cm. :D Poor boy complained he is the tallest in his group but now he needs to look up when acting with his costars. 

I hope he will be able to sing an OST for SWDBS. 

Agree. I think 183cm is reasonably correct. Both are wearing room slippers in Min Hyuk mansion scene and there's not much gap between them. The hugging event, he's wearing the flat type leather shoes with only slight heel, while Ji Soo is wearing sport shoes with thicker bottom. Comparing both Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik in 2D1N when they took of their shoes, there's only slight difference in height. I remember in the Law of the Jungle, the camera caption kept saying 'superior height' because he's the tallest there. Although... 183cm is nothing nowadays among Korean male celebrities. What are they feeding themselves nowadays? :o

• Like 5

@Era Ferawati Some of those twitter accounts will list their urls in their profile. But not everyone owns a site.  Some used to update their sites very quickly but nowadays it takes a while for them to update. Just follow a few of the twitter accounts and you will discover others when they retweet new photos. 

@shapeofu1116  @estrella_sik also went to the events. You can follow their twitter accounts too.  

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Running Man was his worst hair style, thick and like you said upside down bowl. But now you mentioned it, perhaps he was growing it while stylist still trying to make out what to do with his hair.  Even though Ahn Min Hyuk hairstyle is good, nothing beats his High Society's bed head (OK, exclude the sageuk long hair). It had an Edward Cullen feel.

I can't ascertain whether he's wearing a lot of makeup or not in SWDBS. Sometimes he looks natural sometimes not very (with pinkish lips). He seemed 'white' and 'pink' during the sunset scene, so you're right. I didn't notice eyeshadows, are there? The eyebrows, I think, are naturally thick and overly black. He trimmed them down in high society.

I wish he will be less self-conscious about his look. He avoided all the cameras in 2D1N in the morning, after the sleep in. Couldn't catch his face at all in there.

No no no.. please not Ryeowook's stylist. :bawling: He shouldn't have an idol-stylist for acting. These kind of stylists are CC cream worshippers.

I noticed that too in his 1N2D appearance.  He was totally hiding his face in the morning and it was so obvious that he was doing that. Completely different from his Real Men appearances where there was no makeup and they caught him on camera just waking up in the middle of the night.

To me, the eyeshadow is pretty obvious.  At first it was focused on the outer corner of his eyes.  A darker taupe that was really noticeable.  Now, it seems to have moved over his entire eyelid.  As for the eyebrows, I think they colored it in a LOT.  I think he needs to be careful with how he makes up his face because of his nose.  To me, the angle of his nose is such that people may think he had plastic surgery.  Therefore, I think he should try to go a little more natural with his makeup.

• Like 6

This girl always takes videos of PHS for events, shootings, or even at the airport. I like to watch her videos, and I wonder if PHS recognizes her because she is literally everywhere... PHS looks in her camera a few times too... Here is PHS from the Free Hugs Event and of course he is super adorable and handsome :wub:

• Like 5

On 3/14/2017 at 2:55 AM, Ainee Etp said:

@sebastian27 I get a pang of heartache from looking at the free hug photos. Why can't I be there?? :bawling:

Is he losing weight again? He looks thin even in red.

I agree, I wish I could be there too.... :bawling: So jealous....

Hmm, about him losing weight, I think he looks thin because he doesn't really work out. If you look at him during High Society days, he definitely looked more muscular since his character required him to work out... I don't know, for me I do think he does look skinny but it's kind of normal for him to look like that? I don't know :sweatingbullets:

@Ainee Etp and @jechoi1, does it really look like Park Hyung Sik has thick makeup? I did notice that he does tend to have a lot of makeup in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, but maybe because it's for the drama? At the Free Hugs event it seems like he doesn't have that much makeup as he usually does in SWDBS, or am I wrong? I don't know, I'm not really good at pointing out when people have a lot of makeup on or not.... I hope PHS is also less conscious about his appearance because I think he looks perfect just the way he is, with or without makeup :lol:

Now that you guys mentioned Ryeowook's stylist became PHS stylist, I'm going to go back to celebrity bromance and see the difference between the two of them.... Does Ryeowook's stylist really put thick layered makeup on? (goes and check) Also now that you mentioned 1N2D, I did notice that PHS didn't really appeared on camera when everyone woke up :o And here I am wanting to see PHS's beautiful natural face but he didn't really appear :( (goes to check 1N2D again for his appearance)

• Like 5

@ferily To me, it looks like he wears a lot of makeup.  Even in the Free Hugs event, you can see that he has a thick layer of foundation or BB cream or whatever and heavily colored in eyebrows.  About Ryewook's stylist, I don't know if it's her/him or if it's perhaps Ryewook's personal preference to be so heavily made up.  To me, Ryewook is almost freakishly made up.  If you watch Celebrity Bromance, you can see that PHS is also made up--his hair is styled (beautifully), he has make up on because you know that it's just not natural (compare his face to that in Real Men).  But, compared to Ryewook, you can almost believe that PHS has no makeup on.  That's how much makeup Ryewook wears.

I agree that PHS' default weight tends to be on the thin side.  I don't think he's naturally bulky and I don't think he's all that interested in being muscular either.  He's always been very skinny and I think a part of him is a little self-conscious about that.  Not enough to bulk up, which I understand because I hate exercise, but self-conscious enough that he doesn't seem to enjoy taking off his shirt.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

@ferily To me, it looks like he wears a lot of makeup.  Even in the Free Hugs event, you can see that he has a thick layer of foundation or BB cream or whatever and heavily colored in eyebrows.  About Ryewook's stylist, I don't know if it's her/him or if it's perhaps Ryewook's personal preference to be so heavily made up.  To me, Ryewook is almost freakishly made up.  If you watch Celebrity Bromance, you can see that PHS is also made up--his hair is styled (beautifully), he has make up on because you know that it's just not natural (compare his face to that in Real Men).  But, compared to Ryewook, you can almost believe that PHS has no makeup on.  That's how much makeup Ryewook wears.

I agree that PHS' default weight tends to be on the thin side.  I don't think he's naturally bulky and I don't think he's all that interested in being muscular either.  He's always been very skinny and I think a part of him is a little self-conscious about that.  Not enough to bulk up, which I understand because I hate exercise, but self-conscious enough that he doesn't seem to enjoy taking off his shirt.

Ah I see~ I just don't really pay attention to all the makeup celebrities wear unless it's really really obvious and super thick that it stands out... I would most definitely prefer just seeing PHS's bare face, but not alot of people like showing their bare face....

Yep, definitely agree that PHS tends to be towards the skinny side. He definitely doesn't really care for having muscles or exercising. PHS mentioned that the only reason why he started to work out and eat chicken breasts and salad is because of his character in High Society. After the drama, he said he ate whatever he wanted and stopped working out. You can see in 1N2D that is isn't particular fond of taking off his shirt either, while PSJ and Minho were okay with it.. (Also he mentioned the the Hwarang Speical Episode that he wasn't really comfortable with filming the shower scene in Hwarang) I don't think it's necessary for guys to be muscular and bulky, hehe I like Park Hyung Sik just the way he is :wub: 

• Like 5

I agree the makeup is too thick and I don't see the need especially when Hyungsik has very good skin.

780f9b0cgy1fcc9sgwwheg20b40akqv6.gif

As for eye shadows, it seems to be quite common now ? 

006cidzAgy1fdnprm272mj31400qodjw.jpg

I don't think Ryeowook and Hyungsik use the same makeup artist. 

Ryeowook always put on a lot of makeup. He once mentioned that if he didn't put on makeup, no one could recognized him. His inferiority complex saddens me because I believe he looks good without makeup.  

Hyungsik never likes to show his body in front of the camera. He is self-conscious and I can understand why. Koreans love men with six pack abs. However I do like that he still doesn't bulk up and only does it when the role requires. 

• Like 5

@Amanda_HS many many thanks for the link,found some of their blog and website,will busy DL after this:lol:

1489574807_zpsegxnowkf.gif

Spoiler

:wub:

IMG_20170316_001110_zpstdmsqaaa.jpg

IMG_20170316_001757_zpsosufmsjk.jpg

@ferily eyelash again:lol:

1489567177_zpsndccug0d.gif

Spoiler

IMG_20170316_054731_zpsszo8van5.jpg

IMG_20170316_054728_zpsrujvkylr.jpg

IMG_20170316_054725_zpsxyspznar.jpg

IMG_20170316_054722_zpsdtrmckpl.jpg

IMG_20170316_054702_zpskjwxcxhw.jpg

IMG_20170316_054643_zpsz2ih8ikc.jpg

@ferily want ask abt this,can you read it? Many many thanks:heart:

1489485806_zpsuscwcczq.png

Spoiler

1489485806%201_zps6vlulh2n.jpeg

Sr.dc 

I think people will throw up bcos mypics:lol: I always addicted with fanpics,just loove the way they're all capture their bias.

• Like 5

@Era Ferawati I love the photos of Park Hyung Sik from the Free Hugs day :love: He looks so handsome~~

As for the photo, it looks like the staff from Strong Woman Do Bong Soon are looking for people who are willing to volunteer to help out with the Strong Woman Do Bong Soon Blueray & DVD. And they list what they are looking for and what people who volunteer will do~ It's only for people who are in Korea though in the capital cities, like Busan, Seoul, etc.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ferily said:

I agree, I wish I could be there too.... :bawling: So jealous....

Hmm, about him losing weight, I think he looks thin because he doesn't really work out. If you look at him during High Society days, he definitely looked more muscular since his character required him to work out... I don't know, for me I do think he does look skinny but it's kind of normal for him to look like that? I don't know :sweatingbullets:

@Ainee Etp and @jechoi1, does it really look like Park Hyung Sik has thick makeup? I did notice that he does tend to have a lot of makeup in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, but maybe because it's for the drama? At the Free Hugs event it seems like he doesn't have that much makeup as he usually does in SWDBS, or am I wrong? I don't know, I'm not really good at pointing out when people have a lot of makeup on or not.... I hope PHS is also less conscious about his appearance because I think he looks perfect just the way he is, with or without makeup :lol:

Now that you guys mentioned Ryeowook's stylist became PHS stylist, I'm going to go back to celebrity bromance and see the difference between the two of them.... Does Ryeowook's stylist really put thick layered makeup on? (goes and check) Also now that you mentioned 1N2D, I did notice that PHS didn't really appeared on camera when everyone woke up :o And here I am wanting to see PHS's beautiful natural face but he didn't really appear :( (goes to check 1N2D again for his appearance)

He's usually lanky, but recently, specially thin, compared to when he was in WHTMF, even the recent SWDBS, so he probably lose weight between Jan till now? :(

Re-watching some of the episode, yah, he definitely has foundation on. But Hwarang casts did mentioned that all of them got super tanned  and skin damage because of the summer filming. Maybe that's why he needs extra foundation.

But overall, all the cast in SWDBS are having makeup on the heavier side. PBY too. Her most natural face was when she was at home drying her hair, after she bolted from the hospital and Min Hyuk called her to return immediately. If we look closer at Ji Soo, sometimes you will see the contouring at the nose very clearly. Even Mama and Gyeongshim too.

I know how it feels to look less confident without makeup. Me too, I will put on foundation and concealor just to run an errand. :bawling:

All Park Hyung Sik needs to do is take care of his skin (since he has the resources to visit dermatologist on regular basis) and he will look dashing in the morning. 

@Amanda_HS The first gif you shared.. is :wub:. PHS glaring determined in rain.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

I agree the makeup is too thick and I don't see the need especially when Hyungsik has very good skin.

Yeah true he really has nice skin but if the reason as said by @Ainee Etp then i guess that might be possible why he is wearing so thick makeup. PHS really looked :wub:(can't get word to describe) in red during HUG event. I watched V live that night I was really impressed from how PHS takes into consideration of every fan. Like PBY said in the  Episode 0 "he is like bunny in energizer commercial. he has so much energy that he is like a beagle ,human beagle." 

tumblr_omweayombq1vqlkb3o1_540.gif

Anyway I will definitely lurk in the  both Forum threads @Era Ferawati Don't miss me too much

tumblr_omwe8abcMk1vqlkb3o1_540.gif

@jechoi1  mentioned about "skinship" of PHS here is an example....

Spoiler

tumblr_ohm3tjbJWE1rngqpbo1_400.gif tumblr_ohm3tjbJWE1rngqpbo3_400.gif 

tumblr_ohm3tjbJWE1rngqpbo2_400.giftumblr_ohm3tjbJWE1rngqpbo4_400.gif

PHS and Kim Taehyung (BTS V) seem to be close that is why they met up even after finishing the drama..(recent instagram photo of PHS)

Edited by athena22
  • Like 5

Just got to know that Park Hyung Sik co-composed this song. No MV for this song.

Love the happy rythmn!

Still have not update the Wikipedia with latest. Anyone has background info of him before debut especially how he gets into ZE:A? I know he was previously in another company and was brought over to Star Empire when a manager joined SE. He was previously in a youth band before being approached. So little information in Wikipedia.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, athena22 said:

Yeah true he really has nice skin but if the reason as said by @Ainee Etp then i guess that might be possible why he is wearing so thick makeup. PHS really looked :wub:(can't get word to describe) in red during HUG event. I watched V live that night I was really impressed from how PHS takes into consideration of every fan. Like PBY said in the  Episode 0 "he is like bunny in energizer commercial. he has so much energy that he is like a beagle ,human beagle." 

Anyway I will definitely lurk in the  both Forum threads @Era Ferawati Don't miss me too much

@jechoi1  mentioned about "skinship" of PHS here is an example....

Hide contents

PHS and Kim Taehyung (BTS V) seem to be close that is why they met up even after finishing the drama..(recent instagram photo of PHS)

That was so adorable when Hwarang was doing a interview, and after PHS was done with his photoshoot, he came and hugged Taehyung immediately :wub: I love how they have a good relationship and still met up~~

• Like 2