[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

@bebebisous33 

I marathon the series yesterday and today. I finished watching ep. 6 today. I'm glad its not too late for me to catch up. Has Ting En fell in love before? Perhaps, he had a romantic affection with his sister because he cares so much for her and he didn't have any past relationship with other girls before. Also, she's attracted to Fenqing because they have similarities with his sister in terms of habits and characteristics. Could it be his falling in love with Fenqing because she resembles her in one way or another? 

On the other hand, I like it that Fenqing is making sense of her feelings for Ting En and Ah Wei. Being confuse, inquisitive and bothered at the same time help her distinguish bit by bit her true feelings for them romantically and emotionally. 

Btw, how many eps this series have? 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just finished episode 7...kinda filler and tangent feeling from this episode but im glad they both know each others story. Granted everyone knew about Wei's dad but the sister thing is finally out the bag. 

Sibling delusional much?? 

why does he have to have romantic feeling for his sister..there was speculations in the beginning of he drama when ppl thought she was a first love or something, but then we found ou it was his sister. sometimes ppl just care deeply for others with zero romance 

My heart is going Doki Doki Doki. New preview.

@ate Let's try this - Romantic Love = Physical Love + Emotional Love.Ting En is only sexually attracted or interested in Wei.@funnyhunny07 . I don't think Episode 07 was filler. We learned more about Ting En's family as well as we got much development from Wei. Wei being confused was not only hilarious but cute too. Ting En surely is a SLY Guy.

One earlier posted preview scene wasn't shown i think that scene belonged to camping. Editing or maybe in a next few episodes.

15 hours ago, catocat said:

My heart is going Doki Doki Doki. New preview.

@ate Let's try this - Romantic Love = Physical Love + Emotional Love.Ting En is only sexually attracted or interested in Wei.@funnyhunny07 . I don't think Episode 07 was filler. We learned more about Ting En's family as well as we got much development from Wei. Wei being confused was not only hilarious but cute too. Ting En surely is a SLY Guy.

One earlier posted preview scene wasn't shown i think that scene belonged to camping. Editing or maybe in a next few episodes.

That's true, maybe not a filler cause Wei getting a feeling that second lead might like her was great. I really hate when a character confesses and the person is totally oblivious and confused. I really like her direct personality. She speaks up when somethings bothering her, AND she said if she likes someone "why be coy" every drama watchers dream personality trait. And when she threw her leg up next to him :lol:!! She better stick to her words cause the time is coming for her to throw her leg up at Ting En and let him tie her shoe lace :wub:

I wonder if there's even more to the drunken night videos or memories. I mean we are still getting bits here and there. 

I need Ting En to openly reject Gina, that or date her cause she's not going away any time soon. And he can't ignore her. 

Waaah NEW PREVIEW - As usual these 15 seconds previews provide much more information

Ahem it says episode 09 but i think this Kiss scene will appear in episode 10. I expected just lips tease but here real Kiss Scene is happening. Heh Pg-13 Rating.

@funnyhunny07 . I thin there is still 1 scene left to show the audience. When Naked Ting En is diving on the bed and Wei is screaming.

Gina is some cosmetic brand name, isn't it? Ting En is quite diplomatic with Ru Xi. If Ru Xi gives signs of interest then at the same time Ting En gives signs of "Let only be friends". And after Xiao Bin, Ru Xi is the one that kind of help Ting En understand things. I think that's what is happening in above Preview too.

Wei will deal with lovely feelings her own way - So far Wei never thought anyone will be interested in her but i think she will show a bit  shy and awkward attitude because its all too new for her.

@catocat I don't think that Huo Tingen is just physically attracted to Wei. Like he said it to her, she reminds him of his little sister. So he likes her personality too. She is stubborn and strong, even stronger than his own sister. Moreover, she has talent for cooking as well and she takes care of him. pretty well. The way she tried to console him by talking about herself or by giving some advice about the heartache and pain revealed her true nature: she has a big heart. So far, no one has been able to comfort HTG. The episode 7 wasn't a filler in my opinion because Huo Tingen got to know Wei even much better. The latter is finally realising that men around her (Ah Wei and Huo Tingen) might have feelings for her. So her behaviour did change in the episode 7. I have still to watch the episode 8.

Heol! That was some preview. This is about the only thing or drama grabbing my interest at present. Can't wait for next week.

This is different from the rare TW I watch. As I can't standy cheesy lines. But I have followed Chris Wu on and off over the years. This must be the first TW I've watched where he is the lead. I am so thankful he is going to get the girl. I got upset and had a painful heart on his behalf when he was upset before. Don't know what's going to happen if and when they break up.

Good series. And at times like this am happy I don't need subs.

NOTE - Don't watch ep 08 with 92% translation - A lot of text is missing. I wasted an hour and will rewatch the episode tomorrow.

@0ly40 That's the same preview. Later part was updated 5 days ago and 1st part yesterday

So @ck1Oz  have joined us here @funnyhunny07 . @ate

@bebebisous33 When did i said that Ting En is just physically attracted to Wei? In page 2 comments i clearly said the Tine En build an emotional connection with Wei and then started to saw her as a girl. In my above comment in regards to Ate's comment -  i just defined romantic love. You are absolutely right that Wei is physically and mentally more stronger than his sister. I think even Ting En feels that Wei can understand him much better than others and so he opens up to her and Wei provides him the comfort and healing he needs.

As per drama Ru Xi is more attractive and aggressive yet Ting En's heart always looks for Wei.

I couldn't wait either i watched it at 90% subbed. I think the subbers got the main parts cause the parts that didnt help move the main couples story foreword weren't subbed...yet. I'll re-watch when i see 100%

@catocat You're right her name is Ruxi idk why i thought it was Gina :crazy:

@bebebisous33 I think he is physically attracted. Certain personality traits of Wei remind him of his sister; passion for cooking, working in the night market, tom-boy style, stubborn and fierce, and a big heart. But what attracted him was her genius cooking style, not quite like his sisters, her straight forwardness, her big heart, and her smile (at least the smile is what caught me:wub:) And i think the whole comparison was a another reason to bring her on his team. The second chance to earnestly teach someone who asked (like his sister did).. BUT the mention of his sister and Wei's comparison aren't brought up again..only when they had heir heart felt talk at the pond (thank god)...so i think its safe to say he is attracted but not because of his sister. 

I'm enjoying Wei finding her feelings, actually i'm just happy it's finally hitting her cause i'm falling pretty hard for this couple. Granted i tend to fall for the courting stages of couples more than when they are actually together. Ruxi has made her presence known! And i have to say i like it...yet i don't. I always bask in the sincerity of a female character who goes for what she wants. Writers who know how to appreciate a timid shy girl are always given a pat on the back but a writer who can bring a fandom behind a female character who says her piece and goes for what she wants is a standing ovation in my book...BUT Ruxi's last statement of "I always get what i want" was the red flag, like frfr. I was just about to like her when she had to go and say the spoiled girl line. Naw boo you not getting Ting En :naughty:

The preview for episode 9 is fire :scream: I won't make any predictions but i'm so ready for it..:glasses:

So ive been Googleing Chris Wu and i found out he has a beautiful girlfriend. she looks like a model but it says she an actress. I was thinking why hasn't someone scooped him up cause he is my ideal type, manly, gentleman and confident..so happy for him and kinda jealous of her ...no lie. 

just though id share that little bit of info.

AHEM AHEM AHEM - NEW PREVIEW and a pretty good Kiss scene. The kiss is reciprocated. This karoke scene shows summer is about to knock the door. Hot atmosphere right here

@funnyhunny07 . a lot of conversation of Wei and Ting En wasn't translated. Latest Update 99% translation done and i'm off to watch the episode again. Ru Xi and her brother have the same genes afterall. We have already seen Thier father but still I hope Ru Xi won't cause much trouble. But 10 episodes in hand so Drama will happen. A romantic drama always demands The cliche of Separation.

Also, no more scenes from that part night - The only remaining scene was shown in this episode. Ting En's family tree is quite confusing. In 2nd episode they showed 3 women with 3 kids. We know who the 3 kids are and we have met the 2 mothers and now we know who is the birth mother of Ting En and Tingli but still all this family drama is confusing. 1st mother divorced the father? or 2nd mother was more of a mistress. I will check the 2nd episode again for that pic. maybe the 3rd woman was Grandma.

Ting En is wrong here to allow 1st mother roll over his family because She is the 1st wife. The bad lady is getting all the wrong ideas here. She and Fiancee combo need some Reality Curry. Well, Ting En is more at fault for groveling and thankfully Grandma is on his side to advice him better.

Xiao Bin is the awesome character of the show. He is 1 dimensional but whatever he has is of top notch.

Check preview everyone - kiss is Mutual. @bebebisous33 @ate @thunderman1 @ck1Oz

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but the last episode in my opinion was the awakening of feelings for both of them. I think due to the fact that his sister was probably the person he was the closest to, since her passing, he has avoided getting to close to anyone. The person he is the closest to now is his assistant, and that has happened not only out of the two of them being similar, but due to work. That is one of the reasons, Ting En had not been interested in marriage, (that and the fact that marriage has been shown to him in an unhealthy way in his family). Ting En's current relationships all have to do with his restaurant, and his work.

Same with Wei, she is friends with all of the people that she works with at the night market. The only other person she seems to be close to is her brother, and even their relationship has suffered somewhat since he has gotten a girlfriend and she got busy at the night market. So here we have her and Ting En and through various circumstances that should all be related to cooking, they keep finding themselves in situations reserved for couples and people in relationships. I mean this girl has slept at his house, in his bed. They've camped overnight and slept in the same tent together. They have seen each other at their worst and at their very best. It is inevitable that they will end up together. I personally think they "hooked up" that night they got drunk. It just hasn't been revealed yet. And Ting En's drunken confession was real. He knows it. Wei knows it. He doesn't tell everyone that he loves them. What I want to know is if Wei drunkenly said, "I love you too", back at him? Ru Xi and her brother are necessary distractions and antagonist to further bring our OTP together. This drama has been pretty consistent. Nice chemistry between the leads.

@catocat What i dont understand from Ting En's confusing family is if the dad married his mother why was he first wife living in the same house? Where is the dad, i'm assuming he's dead cause he hasn't been mentioned at all and the women all run the company. But why live with both wives, that's a recipe for disaster, unless they're Mormons :no_mouth:. LMAO at the "reality curry" yes they do need to consume a huge helping of it, especially the girlfriend. She seems to have been brainwashed by the 1st mother. Yes i'm very happy the kiss was mutual my first thought after shock was i hope she kisses him back...what ive seen of his other projects Chris is an amazing kisser and i cant wait! 

@nubianlegalmind Honestly i dont think they hooked up. i know its a drama but a girl knows if shes done the deed, drunk or not..she knows. I think you need at least a bottle of vodka to be completely unaware of the deed but not the aftermath. They just had lots of good wine. 

@thunderman1:scream:Dont say that!! It's not a dream, It's not a dream...come on chant with me ...It's not a dream -_-

@thunderman1 You ruined all the happy atmosphere hehe - I'm chanting here - It's not a Dream. Though, You do have a strong point. Wei's Imagination is Hi-Tech. She should be a director instead of a street food chef.

@nubianlegalmind +1111 You are so on Point with both Main Characters Relationships and as @funnyhunny07 . I also don't think anything happened. I don't get the logic of Drunk 1 night stands. That's why i just accept them because scriptwriter said so. It take a lot of effort to do the deed and a people who can't even properly stand did it. yeah yeah yeah. Only in tv world that is possible. I wanted a confirmation and because they still had clothes on and now Scriptwriter has provided the explanation that nothing happened. This was cliche event and possible cliche answer is Something happened. Because that's what is served to audience. This time Scriptwriter played around it and i'm fine with it.

Mutual consent + Control over your own body and actions is a must for something to be a good and memorable. This is why I don't like or prefer Drunk 1 night stand scenarios much.

@funnyhunny07 . Fiancee is younger version of 1st wife aka Mother. We can't solely blame the mother. Thankfully Tian Zhi isn't as much mad about wealth and power as the both ladies are. I think dad is no more and who Yanis is under control of these 3 women - Grandma and 2 wives. I also want to know how come all 3 kids were living under the same roof and that time Dad was Alive. And now Tian Zhi lives with grandma and 2nd wife. 1st wife aka mother is enjoying her life somewhere else and acts like son's best well wisher. 2nd wife so far hasn't discriminated against Tian Zhi at all.

Product Placement - I thought Vacuum Cleaner was just a part of Opening Gboyswag's song but it is a PPL. La Gina is in Jia Jai's and song. I think some  wine brand  is a also sponsoring this show.

OST - Opening and Ending is on Youtube but i want to listen those 2 songs used in between the scenes. 1 is catchy Hawiian Music and other is gives the vibes of Bickering. Can't find anything on Youtube. Need right Keyword - Anyone found them?

@catocat@funnyhunny07 .@thunderman1@nubianlegalmind I have just watched the episode 8 and so far, I understood, Huo Tingen and his sister got adopted by the restaurant owner Huo. After their father's death, their mother remarried. I believe that the first wife is divorced but since she had a child with the restaurant owner, she kept her status as first wife and remained at home in order to raise her own child. The grandmother loved the children from the second wife therefore she has no problem to see them as her grandchildren, although they are not blood-related.

This episode was great because Wei is finally realising her feelings for Huo Tingen. Even if she didn't mention it as such, she is able to realise that he is affecting her. On the other hand, Huo Tingen is acting more and more like a boyfriend, although he is not really confessing to her. Sure, he explained the circumstances of the love confession, but he really wanted to know if she had feelings for him. Actually, he asked her twice about it:

- in the episode 7, when he commented that she must be the one who likes him. He was definitely looking for an answer.

- in the episode 8, when he asked her, what if it was not a misunderstanding, what would be an answer.

Each time, she avoided to answer to that question, but I believe the episode 9 will be a turning point in their relationship, since she asks him

- if Meng Ruxi is his girlfriend 

- if he has someone he likes

So these questions are showing an interest in his love life from her part so that Huo Tingen can get some clue about her feelings. However, I believe the trigger to confess to her will be at the karaoke bar, where HT witnesses how close Ah Wei and Wei Fenqin are to each other. Out of jealousy and fear, he will act on his feelings. I don't think, the kiss is a dream. Actually, we need them to be together first in order to face the adversity together:

- the first mother

- Ah Wei and Ruxi

- I have the impression that the grandmother might not like Wei Fenqin as she asks HT's friend to investigate her

Hey:) Have been lurking (if that's the right word) here a while and though it's time to join the discussion. 

I have watched to ep. 8 and BTS that is available (since I know Chinese well enough to understand without sub). Other from a good plot and chemistry between the actors, I also like how they put in funny/overdramatic moments here and there. I don't think I have laughed that hard of someone destroying their pants (ep. 3) or sleepwalking (ep. 7). Also the chemistry between Tingen and his friend (sorry, forgot his name) are so good. When I see them together, I'm kinda expecting something funny. 

Ep. 9 will be so busy with both Tingen and Ah Wei (and let's just hope that the kiss is not some imaginary dream Wei or Tingen<_<). And at the same day too! 

Ps. Did you guys know that is might the Chris Wu's last romcom? He said that age is one of the factors (he is only 34 thou), so he wanted to "end" things (for now) where he started (same TV station as Autumns concerto). Lets just hope that he gets roles that matches his age and preferences in the future. 

We all have seen the preview - Pass the exam - celebrate at a karoke bar - Ahe wei Traying to propose and then Ting En expressing the feelings. I think that;s what gonna happen in 9 but check a new preview too

Fight - and a big OH moment - Check the preview to know more

Saw ep. 9 earlier live today, so will put my thoughts as spoiler: 

Spoiler

Things went as we expected. I'm kinda impressed how professional Ting En is even though Wei Fenqing is just working/learning 7 days. Not everyone would say yes in teach some stranger your best known dish. 

Ting Ens' confession was as steamy and hot as seen in the preview (if not hotter). They actually filmed that scene 3 times which is quite impressive. My heart broke when I saw Ting Ens' face after the confession. The rejection (well, Wei Fenqing didn't say yes) and the fact that she is leaving must be too much. 

And poor Ah Wei... Confession on his birthday and after Ting Ens' confession is not a good combination. The worst thing is Wei Fenqings' reaction, which is just laughing it off. He did want he could do, but it was too much for Wei Fenqing to handle in just a few hours.... 

We also got more family drama. It's official that Ting Ens' stepmother surpassed Ru Xi as the most hated character in this drama. She is basically one of the person that killed Ting Ens' sister (indirectly). I can really feel how hard it is for Ting En to live in this family. We also saw that the grandmother checked Wei Fenqings' background. Please don't tell me the the death of Wei Fenings' father has to do this Ting Ens' family-.- It wouldn't surprise me, but please NOOO! 

A small (and not so good) translation of the preview: 

Fenqing: I found the guy that took your sister (probably her boyfriend at that time)

Ting En: Why are you meddling in other people's business? GO AWAY!

Fenqing: From now on, I will not come back to La Mure again

I'll be crying sooo hard next week:bawling:

Archived