Go Seung Ji

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe  a post would help.  I hope Ji Sung chooses this one. I'd like to see that Ji Sung brilliance in gritty lawyer drama.

Some fans probably would prefer him in  the period drama but,  I'd rather he choose this. I like the story and the character.

On 10/25/2016 at 6:59 PM, evie7 said:

Hello @Go Seung Ji  Thank you as always for starting this thread:wub: I thought  Ji Sung had confirmed for this drama. I hope he says yes soon. This role sounds perfect for him. I'm excited that Kim Min Suk's going to be in it too. 

@Go Seung Ji  Thanks for the thread opening I also hope Ji Sung takes up the role @evie7  

To be honest I was looking forward for this drama since the news about Ji Sung being cast as the lead came out. This is the kind of redemption he needs after Ddandara. He deserves this kind of drama where he can fully showcase again his versatile traits as an actor. And then the female lead is Yuri? No offense for her fans but Im worried if she can manage to pull off her acting skills especially her role is the defender here. I was really aiming for Lee Bo Young to pick the role but there's no luck for it to come true because she clearly stated that she will not be working with Ji Sung anymore. 

If ever Yuri is really the lead, I will just pray to drama Gods that she had improved her acting and can be a match for Ji Sung's incredible performance :sweatingbullets:

14 minutes ago, Berou said:

@chelleshawol  nice to see you here ^^ . she confirmed it.

Haha. Nice to see you here too.

Woaw. No chance of declining it?? Haha :D

3 minutes ago, Berou said:

prison break + legal thriller + ji sung is the perfect combo. @chelleshawol many fans like you are waiting for them to work together on a drama. many hoped LBY would take the role. i guess they don't want to mix private life and professional matters. we have to also  take into account  that they have a child, who will baby-sit her if the two of them will be working ?? she won't be seeing her parents for 3-4 months. they should have asked Hwang Jung  Eum to be his leading lady again ><. they were so gooood in secret ,playing ennemies-to-lovers (:wub:), i prefer  more  Secret than KMHL, i'm more a melo drama person. moreover, HJE has starred in enough rom-com for the rest of her life, she should take a change in her acting career.

i haven't seen yuri's acting for a while, i watched her in Fashion King but she had a minor role. so i can't judge her.

knowing jisung, he will invest himself a 100%  with or without a good leading lady  and deliver a stellar performance. for this reason , i will watch it because i won't be disappointed by his acting

Yeah I understand that they have to babysit their daughter so LBY will surely not grab the role.

HJE and JS are my favorite kdrama OTP. I really really love their chemistry together. HJE is a great actress of her generation. She can do any genre including melo and romcom. I love to see them work together but I think it will be considered a miracle if it will happen because its very rare to pair up again with a former costar in korea. We got lucky in KMHM but I dont think we will get a miracle again for the third time. But who knows? :wub:

The thing i was ranting about is Ji Sung is back in the industry after the epic fail Ddandara so I was really looking forward for this. At first they casted Han Ye Seul and I was like okay I've seen her perfomances and I guess she can give justice to the role but then she declined. Then Yuri casting was announced. Why did they have a step backward here? Sorry if im a bit overboard and Im not judging her but pls did ji sung commit a crime? He deserves someone better. :tears:

I was thinking of posting below Tues 11/15 but  I refrained because..  I don't want wanna say anything until Ji Sung  confirms to star in  Defendant. And now that we have confirmation......

You see....I thought it was  the  Yoo ri. The actress . The one from drama  Heaven's Promise. cos I like her! But againi it's the other one.  I'm not gonna lie. I don't like the leading lady. I must say I'm deflated with choice of female lead.... I think if I'm not mistaken, this is the female lead from.... OCN drama Local Hero (which I drop halfway!). I'm not sold on her acting. I'm gong to watch this drama for Ji Sung brilliance and acting skills.  Female lead being  kpop girl idol doesn't have anything to do with me not  liking her. It's just.... This is gritty drama .. why not someone like..... Moon Chae Won? who can be feisty! But anyway....

I'm happy Ji Sung accepted Defendant. I've been keeping my fingers crossed that he accepts this more than the period drama  so Yes,  for him I'm in!  the chance to see acting skills!.

6 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

The thing i was ranting about is Ji Sung is back in the industry after the epic fail Ddandara so I was really looking forward for this. At first they casted Han Ye Seul and I was like okay I've seen her perfomances and I guess she can give justice to the role but then she declined. .....

Sorry for cutting your post. Yeh, Ddandara epic fail? Hahha... though i watched it till the end, i know the story just so so .... but Jisung performance was great... truthfully, in my eyes, Han Ye Seul is not good either (really mianhe)... but (maybe) better than the real female lead now....(once again, i am sorry)

Then Yuri casting was announced. Why did they have a step backward here? Sorry if im a bit overboard and Im not judging her but pls did ji sung commit a crime? He deserves someone better. :tears:

I also think about it? Why SBS always gives him not matching partner? It is so frustrating.... If they can't get "big" name, I even think some actress who usually play as second lead but with top notch acting - Seo Ji hye, Kim Yoo ri, Kim Min seo or why don't casting Kim So yeon ? Or Kim A-joong or everyone as long as is not her! Ah I am really sorry... I am too disappointed.... frankly i will said, except the female lead, i am okay with the rest of the casts - Uhm Ki joon, Kim Min suk, Uhm Hyung kyung ...

If ever Yuri is really the lead, I will just pray to drama Gods that she had improved her acting and can be a match for Ji Sung's incredible performance :sweatingbullets:

Woaw. No chance of declining it?? Haha :D

I will pray with you, please drama God.  For me, among SNSD member, Sooyoung has the best acting skill. But, just like Yoona, they said her acting much better in her last drama (the k2), So i hope something like this from Yuri. Lets pray! Amen!

Haha... Is it possible? They have announced the casting, so if not "something big" happen, i think it will be final decision. Though I will be very happy if they change it. Hahaaaaa....

6 hours ago, Berou said:

knowing jisung, he will invest himself a 100%  with or without a good leading lady  and deliver a stellar performance. for this reason , i will watch it because i won't be disappointed by his acting

Yes, I am too.... for Jisung, I have to check this drama... 2 months to go.....

I'm so excited that Ji Sung finally accepted this roleugly-chick-smiley-33.gifThis just seems like a role just made for him.  Nothing against Yuri but.......I have to admit the choice of female lead has me SMH. Are there no full time actress's available?

14 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

The thing i was ranting about is Ji Sung is back in the industry after the epic fail Ddandara so I was really looking forward for this. At first they casted Han Ye Seul and I was like okay I've seen her perfomances and I guess she can give justice to the role but then she declined. Then Yuri casting was announced. Why did they have a step backward here? Sorry if im a bit overboard and Im not judging her but pls did ji sung commit a crime? He deserves someone better. :tears:

I feel the same way chingu.:crazy: I don't think that's going overboard. I have to admit I'm very underwhelmed by the female leads casting also. He is such a brilliant actor. it would be nice if he could be matched with an actress who can keep up w/him talent wise. If he ever gets cast in a drama/movie w/ Soo Ae, I will be in heaven. But having said this I guess we will just have to focus on Ji Sung, he's going to be great in this role.

@jongski @Berou @Mayyes Hello  crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif

10 hours ago, Mayyes said:

Sorry for cutting your post. Yeh, Ddandara epic fail? Hahha... though i watched it till the end, i know the story just so so .... but Jisung performance was great... truthfully, in my eyes, Han Ye Seul is not good either (really mianhe)... but (maybe) better than the real female lead now....(once again, i am sorry)

I also think about it? Why SBS always gives him not matching partner? It is so frustrating.... If they can't get "big" name, I even think some actress who usually play as second lead but with top notch acting - Seo Ji hye, Kim Yoo ri, Kim Min seo or why don't casting Kim So yeon ? Or Kim A-joong or everyone as long as is not her! Ah I am really sorry... I am too disappointed.... frankly i will said, except the female lead, i am okay with the rest of the casts - Uhm Ki joon, Kim Min suk, Uhm Hyung kyung ...

I will pray with you, please drama God.  For me, among SNSD member, Sooyoung has the best acting skill. But, just like Yoona, they said her acting much better in her last drama (the k2), So i hope something like this from Yuri. Lets pray! Amen!

Haha... Is it possible? They have announced the casting, so if not "something big" happen, i think it will be final decision. Though I will be very happy if they change it. Hahaaaaa....

Yes, I am too.... for Jisung, I have to check this drama... 2 months to go.....

Ddandara was considered an epic fail drama of JS because of netizens reactions and its ratings. Han Ye Seul is a veteran actress and I bet she'll do good with the role if not as a match for JS, at least she's better than Yuri in acting beacuse she has much experience than her. So I was thinking its a waste that she declined the offer only to be given to Yuri.

Lets pray to drama Gods that Yuri will turn down the offer although she already confirmed. Nothing is impossible. But if ever the casting was final, I hope she can do better than her past performances and not let Ji Sung alone carry the drama.

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I'm so excited that Ji Sung finally accepted this roleugly-chick-smiley-33.gifThis just seems like a role just made for him.  Nothing against Yuri but.......I have to admit the choice of female lead has me SMH. Are there no full time actress's available?

I feel the same way chingu.:crazy: I don't think that's going overboard. I have to admit I'm very underwhelmed by the female leads casting also. He is such a brilliant actor. it would be nice if he could be matched with an actress who can keep up w/him talent wise. If he ever gets cast in a drama/movie w/ Soo Ae, I will be in heaven. But having said this I guess we will just have to focus on Ji Sung, he's going to be great in this role.

@jongski @Berou @Mayyes Hello  crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif

Hi @evie7! We meet again. We YSH fans really seems like have an eye for stellar actors. Same taste like @berou said :D

seems like many are up against the female lead kekeke .. While others are concerned about the FL, I'm more anxious how the story goes and the camera anglings/how it shot, coz I feel like it has an impact on how I'd like a drama. I don't want to drop this but I'm certain I won't if it's not 20+ episodes, coz I have this habit of dropping a drama even if its really good but sometimes I continue after a while..... .Let's just not expect that much and let us be surprised if Yuri will do a good job :)  *fingers crossed*

I'm looking forward to the drama and to this thread :):) 

7 minutes ago, xxbitter_divinexx said:

seems like many are up against the female lead kekeke .. While others are concerned about the FL, I'm more anxious how the story goes and the camera anglings/how it shot, coz I feel like it has an impact on how I'd like a drama. I don't want to drop this but I'm certain I won't if it's not 20+ episodes, coz I have this habit of dropping a drama even if its really good but sometimes I continue after a while..... .Let's just not expect that much and let us be surprised if Yuri will do a good job :)  *fingers crossed*

I'm looking forward to the drama and to this thread :):) 

This drama will take 16-20 eps. They will air 'Advance' after 'Defendant' ends.

I'm still not excited about the choice of female lead, but I've said already my piece on the previous page. A man on death row makes up for for gripping drama. I'll be watching this for Ji Sung, for the story for the acting. And just like chingu above, 16 episode drama is the most for me. I get bored afterwards. 20 is still ok. but I'd prolly marathon rest of episodes.  I'm so used to jdramas 12 episodes fast pace. Ji Sung's last drama. I didn't like.  Heh. 

8 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm still not excited about the choice of female lead, but I've said already my piece on the previous page. A man on death row makes up for for gripping drama. I'll be watching this for Ji Sung, for the story for the acting. And just like chingu above, 16 episode drama is the most for me. I get bored afterwards. 20 is still ok. but I'd prolly marathon rest of episodes.  I'm so used to jdramas 12 episodes fast pace. Ji Sung's last drama. I didn't like.  Heh. 

It's going to be 16 episodes so that's one less thing you have to worry about:

source: http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1064215(kr)

Archived