Go Seung Ji

@evie7 yea I agree with you, sometimes I wonder why that drama was so popular but the story/directing was not that good. Some dramas sometimes made me watch until the end because of the actors and the hopes that the story will get better, but that happens too often to selected genres. .. Politics in SK is a hot topic right now, I hope this drama will benefit from it since it's related to prosecutors, laws etc. . Sometimes being an international fan is great when you don't have to pick which drama to watch in the same timeslot but most int'l viewers need to wait for subs TT  . Meanwhile Defendant on the other hand ... million won production ..

SIGNAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP SBS drama 'The defendant' production

Input: 2016-12-07 13:45:25 l modified: 2016-12-07 13:45:25

[News reporter tomato simsujin]  ssigeuneol entertainment that (099 830) Group has disclosed that it has contracted to produce the SBS drama 'the defendant (tentative)> 7.

The contract period is 5,032 million won, equivalent to 19.9% of the 2015 consolidated sales.

The contract period is from this day until March 31, 2017. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, xxbitter_divinexx said:

Politics in SK is a hot topic right now, I hope this drama will benefit from it since it's related to prosecutors, laws etc. . Sometimes being an international fan is great when you don't have to pick which drama to watch in the same timeslot but most int'l viewers need to wait for subs TT  . Meanwhile Defendant on the other hand ... million won production ..

I'm so happy they are investing some money in this one. I have seen  a few things in passing about SK politics. TBH after this years election in my country I'm just ignoring them for the time being. It is just too upsetting for me to think about them:angry: We are lucky that we can watch several dramas at a time. Hopefully one of the int'l sites will sub this one.  

• 2 weeks later...

For Ji Sung and his always brilliant acting and  the story. This is one drama I'm waiting for! SBS. January 2017 After Romantic Doctor.

Park Jung-Woo is a prosecutor at Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office. One day, he wakes up and finds himself in locked up at the police station. He has temporary amnesia. Park Jung-Woo is falsely accused and is sentenced to death. He must struggle to prove his innocence. (cr: asianwiki)

OMG!  Ji Sung!

Cy0lpQWUUAAWzi2.jpg

Cy0lpQXUkAA6Ys2.jpg
Cy0lpQYUsAAz4Df.jpg
BTS filming/ cr: to owners.

I'm actually quite contented with the teaser 1 but I'll not expect much on the drama in order for me to be not disappointed ...  I actually feel like Jisung's hair and get up is I think what prosecutors usually look .. I mean clean cut, the way he dress and a bit serious face .. looking forward to his acting ۹⌤_⌤۹ 

13mPNO6fCtc36g.gif 

...Uhm Ki Joon .. villain.. again .. I cry TAT  .. his face is not normally for villain style and he portrays them differently like what villains in kdramas do (maybe bcoz of the face/acting style) but he somehow played his villainous roles well ... ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯ 

L12uB8X9HQR20.gif

looking forward to this drama~!!! defendant fighting~!!!

(translated)naver article : 

SBS 'Defendant', Ji-sung VS Eum Ki-joon 'teaser video' first teaser video release

The drama "Defendant", one of the most anticipated films in the first half of 2017, took off a veil on the first teaser video today (29th). The film shows the perfect transformation of two men, Ji Sung (Park Jung Woo), who wrote a murderer who murdered his daughter and wife for a moment, and Eum Ki-jun (Cha Seung Ho / Cha Min Ho), who will freeze the tube by ruthless evils .

At first, Ji-sung showed the face of variously disassembled with the tragic heroine 'Park Jung-woo', and proved once again the power of the 'believing and seeing actor'. Ji-sung's charismatic eyes, heart-pounding screaming, mad crying tears in a wide range of characters, 'Jeongwoo Park' realistic, unlimited actor's intelligence to show off the transformation of the expectations of exhilarating.
In addition, Um Ji-jun, who challenges two singles in the role of 'Cha Min-ho', 'twin brother' who is a polar and polar character, has overwhelmed the scene with each one of his creepy expressions. Eum Ki-jun, who appeared as the face of the absolute 'Cha Min Ho', captivated his eyes with a stunning smile, living with an ambiguous eye and an unfamiliar eye, and convinced him of his birth. 

It is no exaggeration to say that the meeting between Ji Sung and Um Ki Jun, representative actors of Korea, is the biggest reason that viewers await and expect the "defendant". In response to this, Ji-sung and Um Ki-joon are raising the interest and expectation of this broadcast by anticipating the hot match-up that is chased after being pursued from the first teaser. 

SBS New Moonwal, a scathing struggle to write down a four-month time lost by Park Jung-woo, a scandal that killed his daughter and his wife, and an intense revenge against a shocking wicked "Cha Minh" The drama "Defendant" will be broadcast on January 23, 2017, following "Romantic Doctor Kim Sabu". 

/ Less than or press sestar@sedaily.com 

11 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Teaser is a bit disapponted. It's seems like they filming too fast and a bit careless. The hair cut make Ji Sung older but match with prison scenes.

I'm okay with hair cut.  The look is age appropriate for his character. Late 30's early 40's prosecutor.

1 hour ago, Berou said:

it's the prosecutor haircut. People who work in legal field need to pay attention to their appearance and have a clean look. it's a pretty strict workplace. no  long hair ( for men), visible tatoos, piercings, etc. are tolerated. 

Yup I agree. Hair is fine and..  we get to see his excellent acting again. I didn't watch his last drama so looking for ward to this.

@xxbitter_divinexx Agree with you. And UKJ... gonna see this guy again.. Doesn't look like a villain. Thanks for gifs

Yes please. Ji Sung and his brilliance! Ji Sung ( and Yoo Seung Ho) best actors of their age group.

RT January 23rd. Get ready for Defendant drama on SBS. It has Ji Sung, Uhm Ki Joon and crazy thrills!

C008SKYUkAEC_0L.jpg
C008S5SUoAADFQu.jpg
C008Ti3UkAAdzul.jpg
C008UNkUQAEtgF8.jpg

I'm excited for this!!!

161229 Oh Changsuk's IG update.. id : ohchangseokk

C00kS8pWEAAGFX_.jpg

13 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Teaser is a bit disapponted. It's seems like they filming too fast and a bit careless. The hair cut make Ji Sung older but match with prison scenes.

Why? Chingu? 

Personally I am okay and satified with the teaser and Ji sung hair cut. Heehee.... Though I don't know precisely what they said (please someone do translation), the teaser pretty thrilling. We see the glimpse of Ji sung/Park Jung Woo's transformation from righteous prosecutor, wise husband and father to helpless defendant. And I just have to shout.... ITS JI SUNG.... His charisma in potraying a role undoubtely amazing as always.

And of course don't forget the villain role played by - Uhm Ki joon. The first time I saw him was in Dream High. Then next year in Ghost/Phantom. I completely dumbfounded by his acting skill. Funny and bright teacher in Dream High, but cold blooded killer in Ghost/Phantom. After watching the teaser I get the feeling of his role in Ghost/Phantom - has a lot of secrets and mysterious. And he will play double roles as twins in Defendant.

See you on the next teaser and still cuts...

Hi everyone,

I´m a big fan of Ji Sung and I´m looking forward to this drama :w00t:. After the last drama that flopped big time..I hope that this one will do well. crazy-monkey-emoticon-057.gif

I love his haircut, he always looks handsome no matter the hairstyle.crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif

7 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Hi everyone,

I´m a big fan of Ji Sung and I´m looking forward to this drama :w00t:. After the last drama that flopped big time..I hope that this one will do well. crazy-monkey-emoticon-057.gif

I love his haircut, he always looks handsome no matter the hairstyle.crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif

Hello chingujcdragon_hi.gifGood to see ya! I'm hoping that this drama does well for Ji Sung too. I have to admit that I gave up on his last drama but this one looks like it's going to be good. That teaser is great.

8 hours ago, evie7 said:

Hello chingujcdragon_hi.gifGood to see ya! I'm hoping that this drama does well for Ji Sung too. I have to admit that I gave up on his last drama but this one looks like it's going to be good. That teaser is great.

annyeong chingu hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif. I somehow knew that you would be here too lol. Wherever Ji Sung is  that´s where we go hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif.

I gave up on his last drama too. Yeah this one looks good. I hope the female lead will do a good job too.

On 12/31/2016 at 10:05 AM, xxbitter_divinexx said:

this somehow crush my imagination regarding UKJ playing dual role ... so the other twin may not be shown much??

UKJ's performance in that teaser was chilling, I'm so excited to watch him and Ji Sung acting in this drama. We are in for a treat.

Archived