5 hours ago, triplem said:

Ahh men. They never learn, do they. It's the pretty ones that you should be most afraid of -_-

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. :lol:

6 hours ago, MiAmour said:

Yeah i agreed with you, i dont think PES can become a mole either :smirk:

--

i afraid hes going to fall playing that wheelchair :sweatingbullets:

EDIT:: Yesung liked his video post

SuperMoo with his wheelchair. LOL

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/8/2017 at 3:14 PM, yoeda said:

Did Dae Shik really a big mole here? I don't know coz I kinda suspicious with Eun Soo. She keep asking this and that in subtle way. :lol: Suspecting DS is an easy thing to do coz he's close with JH and with all his father thing. But, I still can't believe Eun Soo's big innocence eyes. 

Haha so I am not the only one who suspect Eun Soo is a mole too! She also knew about Jin hyuk's meeting with Nam Sang Tae at the resort.

I finally caught up with the four episodes of the series yesterday! *mind blown with intermittent wtf* 

I keep asking why don't we see more of Kim Jae Wook in dramaland?!! The man is brilliant... and let's not even get started on his looks. He is perfect opposite Jang Hyuk and Lee Ha Na!! Can they be just a bit brave and do a Hannibal-Clarice Starling moment between Tae Gu and KKJ. It would be epic if they could pull it off.

I have to post this insightful comment from the dramabean recap of ep 13 by PakalanaPikake about the Erl king reference.

Cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/voice-episode-13/#comment-2732331

Spoiler
PakalanaPikake March 8th, 2017 at 12:07 AM

Thanks for the recap and commentary, odilettante!

The literary references at the beginning of the episode blew my doors off. I cannot get over how Writer-nim tied in such a terrifying folktale. As soon as I saw the reference to “Der Erlkönig,” I shuddered at the implications regarding what might have made Tae-gu into a psycopathic killer (although I think he’s really the archetypal Bad Seed). Only later did his visit to Dong-wook in the hospital come to mind in a horrifying parallel to the poem.

To more fully appreciate the horror contained in the episode’s opening title, here’s a little background for those who don’t speak German. Wolfgang von Goethe’s famous poem is based on an old Scandinavian folktale that exists in many variations. Although it is often translated as “Elf-King,” the title character is actually the “Alder-King,” alder being a member of the birch family that, like its “queen,” the willow, prefers to grow in wet areas. More on the symbolism below.

Text and side-by-side translations of the poem:

Der Erlkönig, by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Erlk%C3%B6nig

I found the translations to be good. The original German by Goethe is straightforward and unadorned, but the urgency of the midnight horseback ride is conveyed by the rhythm.

The boy can see and hear the Alder King inexorably coming for him, but his desperate father discounts the child’s feverish perceptions. It reminds me of Jin-hyuk’s disbelief re: Kwon-joo’s hearing — as well as his desperation when he learns of the intruder at his son’s hospital. And then there’s that look Tae-gu gives the sleeping child. Dang.

In Irish folktales, faeries steal children and leave changelings in their place. So that’s where Tae-gu got his otherworldly cheekbones.

“Der Erlkönig” was famously set to music by Franz Schubert and Beethoven, among others, but that is not what’s playing in the background during the infamous bathtub scene that segues into the creeptastic visit Tae-gu pays to Profiler Kang’s apartment. It sounded to me like a requiem (Roman Catholic funeral Mass, at that time written in Latin). Bingo! It’s the “Lacrimosa” movement from Mozart’s “Requiem Mass in D Minor,” K. 626. The text comes from stanzas 18-19 of the ancient liturgical hymn “Dies Irae” (Day of Wrath). It ends with “Amen” as Tae-gu slides below the water — in what looks like some kind of infernal baptism. It is the musical equivalent of Tae-gu’s earlier bloody chapter-and-verse references to the New Testament.

Back to the Alder-King. At about 18:00, look at the illuminated branches of the tree outside the window just before Detective Moo pulls aside the drapes. They are reaching out like bony fingers grasping for the boy in the poem. (Note the parallel with Tae-gu pulling aside Kwon-joo’s drapes to reveal her research on his homicidal activities and his “kid in a candy store” response, versus Jin-hyuk’s shock at…

9.3 PakalanaPikake March 8th, 2017 at 1:40 AM

— continued —

Back to imagery of the Alder-King. At about 18:00, look at the illuminated branches of the tree outside the window just before Detective Moo pulls aside the drapes. They are reaching out like bony fingers grasping for the boy in the poem. (Note the parallel with Tae-gu pulling aside Kwon-joo’s drapes to reveal her research on his homicidal activities and his “kid in a candy store” response, versus Jin-hyuk’s shock at seeing Sang-tae’s corpse.)

Tae-gu hunts his prey the same way the Alder-King pursues the human child. He reminds me of the badger in THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY. He plays cat-and-mouse with his targets, but never gives up once he starts an attack. He’s become a master at picking deserted locations for doing his dirty work, but I honestly don’t understand how he can work so fast when it comes to removing bodies and staging them. As menacing as he was at the hospital, I did not think that he would actually harm Dong-woo, although now I’m not so sure. Sang-tae and Chairman Mo agreed that Tae-gu is now out of control.

How did he become such a monster? Was he traumatized when no one heard something bad happening to him as a kid? For some reason, Tae-gu is fascinated — even fixated — on Profiler Kang’s acute hearing. I wonder if his hearing is similarly acute. It would certainly be an advantage in practicing his hobby.

More on “Der Erlkönig” and the Alder-King:

In Celtic folklore it was believed that doorways to the fairy realm were concealed within the Alder’s trunk.

The esoteric aspects of alder are further discussed in The Spiritual Elements of Trees, with thanks to its author, Lotus:

http://spiritlodge.yuku.com/topic/1073/The-Spiritual-Element-of-Trees#.WLtRuPLavZ4

The water element also comes into play in relation to the site of Tae-gu’s body dumps, which his father mentions over lunch (thanks, Chairman Mo, for that appetizing topic!). Not to mention Tae-gu’s strange bathing habits.

16 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I'm going to get a lot of hate for posting.this vid... but It's Kim Jae Wook's perfect cheekbones that you should blame:bawling:

Totally understand you. cannot blame you when the psychopath is kinda hot. he is totally different from coffee prince era

41 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Please no,  not the end! I don't want to hear about it! :cry:

On a shallow note Jang Hyuk and Lee Hana looks very good, especially together.

I really wish to see this cast reunited (the main actors and the supporting cast)  in dramaland one day.. 

Sorry about that did not mean to upset you! :tongue:

They do look good togther! It certainly was not a pairing that I was expecting much from, but they have been superb!

The biggest surprise for me was Lee Hana. I have seen her in other dramas and she did act well in those dramas, however I guess the characters were not compelling enough so she never really stood out for me. The most I found fascinating thing about her was when she appeared on an episode of "Happy Together" and she talked about how she does blood circulation treament B) to keep her skin rejuvenated, or something to that effect.

But she now totally has my respect! JH, well we know he is awesome, nothing more to be said there.

Maybe they will be re-united...if OCN decides to have a 2nd season. Let us see how these last two episodes play out. 

I first became Lee hana's fan in her 2008 drama 'woman of the sun'. if you haven't watched it, go check it out! 

afterwards her dramas were mostly romantic or comedy, so this was a totally diff side of her and it worked out! (glad she also turned down that weekend drama gap soon lol) 

1 hour ago, MiAmour said:

BTS - C.Jang & the team seems having a talks with MTG's dad lol 

You sure it's BTS? :ph34r: Looks like a meeting of moles that receive instructions from Chairman Mo :D 

16 hours ago, lexicon said:

I guess they are trying to tell us the end is near :huh:

I just realised...Jang Hyuk and Choi Jin Hyuk worked together in Fated to Love You!

really ah! I don't rememberr her in Fated to love you. will try and watch fated to love you if I have free time after exam

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@MiAmour The luxury house is the house of chairman Mo! I remember it from the scene where MTG and NST met for the first time.

Is that so? i guess they will caught chairman Mo too since he also did a lot of crimes right?:D

---

IG w/ Jang Hyuk

Yesung's close friend in Super Junior' (Shindong) praised him

Archived