@titania1000 I agree with your sentiments regarding DS. I have also felt that he tries just too hard sometimes and there has been a lot of focus on him. Again this might be the writer pulling our leg (at least those of us who are suspicious of DS). However I do hope that I am wrong, because I cannot imagine the pain and sense of betrayal JH would feel if this was the case.

Another thought that crossed my mind, and this is a bit far-fetched, but here goes. The first anonymous message that KGJ received put JH's wife in a bad light. Supposing DS sent the message (for those of us who suspect him), maybe he thought there was more to JH's wife and the homeless man that she was looking for, and that she might have actually been cheating on JH. This may have caused him to become an accomplice in her death and whatever else that followed. He definately shows care and concern for JH, that there is no doubt about. It is just I do not feel he cares much for anyone else around JH.

How and why he would be connected to MTG I have no idea. :lol: Let us see what the show has in store :wink:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRAMA RECAPS

Voice: Episode 12

by odilettante | March 1, 2017 | 2 Comments

E24FDHO.jpg

Once again, the Golden Time Team races to save lives when they realize that the true culprit is one they originally overlooked. As they do, they stumble on information that leads to more discoveries about what happened the night Jin-hyuk’s wife was murdered. Sang-tae tries to outsmart Tae-gu, but he’d probably be better off making a deal with the devil — although, who’s to say Tae-gu isn’t the devil?

Chapter 12: “A Call From the Fiery Pit Part 1"

fijTRHU.jpg  

Sang-tae calls Tae-gu, revealing that his bag of evidence is now in the hands of the police — and something in there ties him to Tae-gu. Annoyed, Tae-gu asks if Sang-tae wants him to cut his other Achilles’ tendon (ohhh, so that explains his odd gait).

But Sang-tae knew he’d eventually be cast aside by Tae-gu and CEO Mo, so he made sure to have some insurance against them. If Tae-gu doesn’t want that information released, he’d better protect Sang-tae. Tae-gu does not look amused. 

Kwon-joo is concerned about Jin-goo, the schizophrenia patient that’s just been taken to the hospital, since she could hear the men in the ambulance and how they mocked Jin-goo. Worried for his life, she orders Jin-hyuk and Dae-shik to go after the ambulance and try to stop it before it reaches the hospital. She also order Hyun-ho and Eun-soo to look further into the welfare center and see how they treat their patients.

As they zoom down the road leading to the hospital, the ever-skeptical Dae-shik thinks that the doctors and orderlies were just trying to get Jin-goo to calm down, but Jin-hyuk thinks there’s something odd going on, since he saw some scars on Jin-goo’s body that look liked he’d been tied up and cut by someone.

read more:: http://www.dramabean...ice-episode-12/

On 28/02/2017 at 11:20 PM, triplem said:

I just watched subbed eps 12 and the 1st half an hour made me nervous, angry and sad. In the back of my mind I knew they would save Baek , but  when they started to cut him up (ok, for this scene in particular I'm grateful they blurred it a bit, since I'm not fond of surgeries) , I had this thought that they may actually be unable to save him esp since Moo & Dae Sik were in the wrong place. I was so furious that the director felt that he had the right to carry out the test on those homeless people. And the thought of him molesting all the kids in the previous home & possibly the lil girl just really got to me.(It hit a raw nerve coz I have a few nieces around her age and I would murder anyone who touched them.) Moo should have just shot him. And when they were talking to the lil girl, that just broke my heart.

In the second half I noticed that they are trying to hint at  a potential love line btwn our young pair. So those who are anticipating one can rejoice!  And I chuckled when Subway made an appearance (memories of DOTS and Goblin flooded me). Jokes aside, I'm quite certain Dae Sik ( no, not that pretty face please) is not the mole. Seems like neither is Chief Jang. And MTG - what a psycho. But he is definitely succeeding  in casting doubts & and distrust btwn Moo and Kang. I felt for Moo when Kang implied (very subtly)  that his wife could be cheating on him; damn it that man has already gone through so much. I really hope Kang does not go and see MTG alone. But look at their  expressions...what is this? 

Anyway enjoyed reading everyone's theories above and also the parallelisms to Batman and Gotham City. Suwung city sure feels like Gotham. 

@Blizzardistkaputt I hope you have enough fuel for your car, coz  in this circuit , there's no pit stop. :tongue: Happy watching.

I think with their expressions it is saying that they are at a point where they are divided! But it is hard to tell, because there is both shock and horror in their expressions! 

I think the look of shock on both of their faces saying two different things

JH: that maybe what KJ told him is true, and that his marriage or first meeting with his wife was pre-arranged from the beginning. This is interesting. Mayhap they targetted him solely cos he was known for being very committed in solving crime cases that he set his eyes on. His wife words about marrying him cos he's a cop thus can assist her in her mission (whatever it might be, either to look for her missing friend or brother Cheol Han), is worth to ponder about...

KJ: that the ceo moo is contacting her. She may have had her suspicion that he is the killer n the fact that he offers the invitation without both of them having had any proper prior acquaintance, seal it.

3 hours ago, titania1000 said:

The preview for ep 13 is taking ages to come out: does OCN  not care about promoting its original show?  You'd think that with the money they put on their original fictions, they'd be more attentive to the ratings and the social network activity to attract viewers but we're two days from the air date and still nothing...:(

I dont think it has to do with OCN not caring about their show. This is a live-filmed drama, meaning they were just shooting eps 13-14 a few days ago. Apparently one of the outdoor scenes was delayed due to bad weather so my guess is the preview is not ready yet. It should be out today. 

Article from The Korea Times:

Crime drama 'Voice' leans on fear factor

By Park Jin-hai

OCN's crime drama "Voice" is like a hard-boiled horror movie. You may feel sick more than once, but once you start watching, you won't be able to take your eyes away.

Nail-biting scenes which come one after another induce viewers to become deeply immersed in the situation of a victim being chased by a serial killer and running away in the nick of time.

The Saturday-Sunday night drama, starring Jang Hyuk and Lee Ha-na, takes best advantage of the sound effects in a drama. By tracking down the smallest sound of a crime scene heard through the phone calls made to the 112 emergency call center, Kang Kwon-joo, (played by actress Lee), a tough policewoman who is gifted with perfect psycho-acoustics skills, tightens the nerves of viewers to the extreme. 

Moo Jin-hyuk, played by Jang, is a "mad dog" detective who becomes guilt-ridden after his wife was murdered three years earlier while he was at work.

The Moon and Kang duo teams up as the "Golden Time" team and solves cases together, chasing after serial killers who murdered their loved ones.

Despite controversy about its overly violent and visual expressions of cruel crime scenes, viewers seem hooked on the drama. The drama had to up its movie ratings to age 19 and older for the last two episodes from the initial age of 15 and above.

The 12th episode that aired on Sunday told the story of a welfare center head's secret experiment on homeless people and organ selling to China, garnering 5.1 percent, topping the viewership list for cable shows broadcast on the day _ no easy feat for a cable crime drama.

Experts and viewers have shown concern that the drama leans heavily on fear and shock to bring the viewers to the small screen.

"I couldn't look away from the screen. As a mother, when it showed the stepmother killing a child in an episode, the motive after the real crime Shin Won-young, a 7-year-old boy who died at the hands of his stepmother and father who starve and abuse him, it was especially hard to watch," said Kim Ji-young. "The scene where the stepmother stabbed the child when she found the boy hiding inside the washing machine under the laundry was really hard to see. I was in tension and pain for the whole hour. Other detailed crime scenes also distress me, as I thought it can happen to me as well."

"Voice" had scenes such as an iron ball crushing people, a victim's organs are kept in a refrigerator, the police tipster was crucified and found in a closet and a psychopathic villain makes a path full of blood.

In the Content Power Index, tallied by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, "Voice" ranked fifth place, from previous 20th place, in the third week of February from Feb. 13- Feb. 19. In the category of most searched TV series, based on viewers' portal search words, it ranked in the top five. 

Culture critic Jung Duk-hyun says the drama has succeeded in getting attention from viewers, but its expression has been too brutal.

"The drama has been given high marks in giving chills. But its storytelling has been too loose. For instance, the scenes where the police release an acid terror suspect, naively buying his story, and a stalker overhearing police officers' conversation at the police station doesn't look believable," said Jung. "The cruel crime scenes shock viewers with visual and auditory sensations, which make viewers less affected by the loosely connected plot."

"Voice" has four more episodes to air. Given the hot responses from the viewers, a special show, including actor interviews, will be broadcast on March. 18.

Credit : http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2017/03/688_224926.html

Article from Korea Portal : 

Actor Jang Hyuk Shared Chilling Behind The Scenes of Crime Drama 'Voice'

You may feel sick while watching "Voice", but when you start watching the horror series, you will not be able to take your eyes away from it. The scenes when the victim who was being chased by a serial killer is horrifying. Nail-biting scenes deeply indulge viewers to the dramatic experience.

The main lead of the drama "Voice" Jang Hyuk and Lee Ha-na share their experience of behind the scene. The series featured Jang as the mad dog detective who became guilt-ridden after his wife was murdered three years back. While Lee Ha-na played the role of a tough policewoman who has perfect psycho-acoustics skills to arrest the culprits.

Both the leads teamed up as the "Golden Time" team and solve the murder cases together. The team disclosed that the secret of the massive hit of the "Voice" is the sound effects. The makers were able to retain the interest of the viewers by composing numerous sounds of the crime scene.

The experts agreed that the drama represents detailed fear and shock to amaze the viewers through small screens. The fear is heavy and so does the controversy. The "Voice" even suffered a heavy controversy because of its violent expression of gruesome crime scenes. Because of the controversy, the makers have to up its ratings to age 19 and older. The eminent culture critic Jung Duk-hyun says, the drama has succeeded in getting attention from viewers, but its expression has been too brutal.

The drama featured scenes which can easily disturb the viewers. Scenes like iron ball crushing people, the police tipster was crucified, a victim's organs are kept in a refrigerator, and a path full of blood are the most distressing things viewers can experience throughout the drama.  The scene where the stepmother stabbed the child after she found the boy hiding in a machine is the most chilling scene of the series. According to the Content Power Index, "Voice" grabbed the 5th place in the third week of February. The drama even grabbed the category of most searched TV series.

source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/28056/20170302/actor-jang-hyuk-shared-chilling-behind-the-scenes-of-crime-drama-voice.htm

Archived