[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, syer_87 said:

@isabelly hi dear, each episode divide by 2 part. Each episode around 30 minutes. Total sum about 1 hour per episode (part 1 + part 2).

I you watch online, some will put

EP 1 - (ep 1, ep 2) 

EP 2 - (ep 3 and ep 4 )

I know it a bit confusing, but this is new format introduce by TV channel nowdays.

ooh thank u so much!! now i understand..is confusing..but is a good drama so i can accept it:lol:

“Ruler: Master Of The Mask” Experiences Even More Success With Second Day Of Premiere Episodes

ruler.jpg

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” experienced an increase in viewer ratings for episodes three and four last night.

On May 12, ratings research firm Nielsen Korea revealed that MBC’s new historical drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask,” which stars Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun, took first place amongst dramas in its Wednesday-Thursday time slot again.

The drama raked in 10.5 percent and 12.6 percent for episodes three and four, respectively. This marks an almost 1 percent increase for both episodes from yesterday’s premiere episodes.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s “Mystery Queen” brought in 9.2 percent while SBS’s “Suspicious Partner” brought in 6.1 percent and 7.2 percent for episodes three and four respectively.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/11/ruler-master-mask-experiences-even-success-second-day-premiere-episodes/

I haven't watched episode 4 yet, but I wonder if Lee Sun the commoner is going to turn out to be the King's son that was killed to make way for Crown Prince Lee Sun's father?  Why do the water leader want Lee Sun the commoner killed? What's the connection? Commoner lee son has a photogenic memory, can't wait to see how it's used in this drama. I hope the two Lee Suns become deep friends to conquer the water problem.

Im so busy with my work today. Just manage to watch ep 3 and 4 with sub just now..

Omg!!! Sooo heartbroken.. I never thought that I can shed my tears early in the drama.

I list some of best moment for this episode.

1. The way ga eun and prince bickering or playfull together. YSH look more and more boyish when he pout. Soo cute.

2. When they in the forest. The fireflies around them. I love how the drama show L look at Ga eun..Gaeun look at prince and prince towards Ga eun.. (love triangle start here)

3. The most nervous part when L father going to be punish. Seriously I hold my breath.

4. The guard dialog when he meet Prince when the prince ask how he know he is the prince. "I choose the most clueless people in the crowd"..haha..such a savage friend.

5. Part when the Prince defend L father like Hero!! Omg! Im melting like Ga Eun.

6. Lastly I cry so much when L father dead. Omg!! The emotion.

* And from many other review..I seriously impress with L acting in this drama. Sad at the end he will become bad people.

* And I think I going to b**** slap the 2nd lead girl...eiiggghhhh

Hello guys. Just finished watching ep 3 and 4. And honestly I'm starting to be annoyed with Hwa Goon(Yoo so-hee). I find her antics borderline creepy/obsessive/crazy. And in a drama that's a bad combination. I still can't get over that the CP met HG first (yes, I know I'm being petty. Lol). Anyway, the scene that i like the most in yesterday's episode was when the three of them are looking on the fireflies. When LS witness GE and CP staring at each other --I'm starting to pity LS. :(

Btw, i'm impress with L's acting especially on the last scene. I'm not expecting that he would improve a lot. Keep it up L!!

Now I have a question. What do you think will happen? Will  Ga Eun (kim so hyun) find out about (yoo seung ho) Crown Prince/lee sun's real identity before seeking her revenge. Or will she seek her revenge to the CP without knowing who is the real person behind the mask --her childhood friend peasant lee sun(L) or the real CP?  Cause i think in the next episode, the CP will let LS to take his place in the palace. I'm hoping for the latter because I would like to see more interaction between GE and CP so when they separate it would be more heartbreaking. Hahaha. I'm a sucker for a well done angst. :D

Hmm..i dont think Ga eun will know who real CP early in the story but I think CP will try as much as he can to runaway from GaEun becose he feel guilty. But Gaein somehow learn to love CP.

I predict.. L is the one that told Ga Eun about who the real CP when Ga Eun come to him to take revenge for her father death.

I just finished ep.3, gosh, I can't bring myself to continue watching ep.4. Really hate the most seeing oppression of the poor and weak people by those in power. I'm not sure, I might end up just reading recaps. But then I won't be able to see the acting of KSH And YSH.... :unsure:

I super dislike HG also. It will be hard for me to like her even if she were to redeem herself later on. What she did was really so petty and mean. There are other ways to get to the CP than ordering the arrest of Sun's father. If she is smart. Well, seems like she is smart, just not kind-hearted to consider other people. Selfish inconsiderate gal.

I'm guessing that Sun may go the dark way for a period of time, but eventually turn back to be on CP's side again. But yeah, otherwise, I really wonder how CP is going to be able to fight against the Pyunsoohwe (PSH). Or unless HG turn to CP's side, which I doubt, because what she has for him isn't true love, just a possessive crush. Crush doesn't transform a person's heart, only true love does and will. Or maybe, Sun will always be on CP side, never turning away from CP?

I really think I should just wait for recaps. Or maybe I should just wait till it is finished airing and find out whether it has happy ending or not. And please don't kill Sun. My heart really can't take it if the show is going the melo or vengeful tragic way. I thought it was fun to have some light-hearted moments in ep.1-3, but seems like the tone is taking a sharp turn starting ep.4. Poor CP, going frantic all the time seeing the injustice going on around him. And not being able to do a thing. Maybe at least not now. But who will be his mentor? Doesn't look like he knows any fighting skills? No one is guiding him. How is he going to win against the PSH? Will WB be his guide/mentor? Take the case of Wang So in Scarlet Heart, at least he was prepared by a General. So many questions...

Another thing I wonder about, which I hope will be addressed. What exactly changed the King to become the person he is now, wanting his son to be able to rule the nation properly, compared to the person in ep.1, selling himself just to get on the throne?

30 minutes ago, syer_87 said:

Hmm..i dont think Ga eun will know who real CP early in the story but I think CP will try as much as he can to runaway from GaEun becose he feel guilty. But Gaein somehow learn to love CP.

I predict.. L is the one that told Ga Eun about who the real CP when Ga Eun come to him to take revenge for her father death.

@syer_87 so you think GE will fall for "chun soo" the name CP intoduced as to GE? 

@nonski Many thanks again for your clear instructions on how to register on MBC site. However, I need more help ... I think I've registered but once I go to this page, how do I proceed? Thanks very much.

http://member.imbc.com/Login/Login.aspx

mbc%20site%20registration_zpsgkqbkpsz.jp

HCY held a Vlive session today but didn't mention when his OST would be released (he probably doesn't know himself). He said that he was shocked when a bit of his OST was played so he probably didn't expect it to be played so soon :)

Here he is singing a little of the OST :

and here from 05:20 he talks about the OST, eg composer/producer

Spoiler

http://www.vlive.tv/video/29852

@nonskii thanks again for your great help since I wish to watch MBC live not just for Ruler, but because there is a possibility HCY will be appearing on King of Mask Singer this Sunday. :) If he does appear, I hope he'll win one round at least and not have to reveal his identity too early.

@RanM "Chun Soo" ah that name brings back memories

Spoiler

it's the name of the character played by my fave actor Bae Soo Bin in Dong Yi.  Is it too much to hope that BSB will have a cameo role in Ruler? He's already had a cameo as KSH's teacher in School 2015.

22 minutes ago, mili1234 said:

any of you guys noticed master woo bon knows, YSH was actually the crown prince?

I just can't wait how the storyline's gonna be

Yes, only the CP will really ask question about that persuasively  He is the brilliant "teacher" :blush:

Archived