[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope YSH gets a best actor for this drama! And when I say best actor I mean  with the merits of brilliant acting!  his expression, his emotions, even without dialogue shows acting brilliance! Waiting for the drama (even if I don't want historical/period genre). thanks all for updates.

Master of the Mask Yoo Seung-ho extends a hand to knife-wielding Kim So-hyun

by tineybeanie

km2.jpg

New posters have been released for the upcoming MBC drama Ruler–Master of the Mask, a historical melodrama that’s all about how water is the key to ultimate political power. After all, since water is one of life’s basic necessities, it follows that he who controls water controls life. Yoo Seung-ho (Remember–Son’s War) plays Joseon Crown Prince Lee Seon during a time when the power of the monarchy has declined due to a shadowy organization called Pyeonsoohwae. The prince fights to keep control of the nation’s water supply, as the corrupt Pyeonsoohwae seeks to privatize it for their own gain.

The first poster above features the prince kneeling down and extending a hand to Kim So-hyun (The Lonely Shining Goblin), who plays main love interest Ga-eun. She seeks out the crown prince in retribution for the death of her father, and in her hand she holds a knife, which he doesn’t appear to notice.

Even without that massive conflict getting it the way, winning the girl’s heart won’t be easy, because the crown prince’s stand-in, peasant Lee Seon, played by L (She’s So Lovable), also harbors a strong attachment to G-eun. Peasant Lee Seon is a genius whose intelligence is more of a burden than an asset, given that he was born to a lowly butcher. He only starts seeing a glimmer of hope after being taught to read by Ga-eun, who’s the first person to treat him as an individual with thoughts and dreams.

km3.jpg

Peasant Lee Seon ends up switching places with the crown prince, and perhaps the taste of power goes to his head, because he doesn’t look like he wants to step down anytime soon. In the second poster, Peasant Seon stands in the shadow of Prince Seon, and his shadow says: “I am the real the master of Joseon, Lee Seon.” However, other stills do show scenes of Yoo Seung-ho, L, and Kim So-hyun walking together and getting along, so maybe the bromance will endure? I don’t know, but all these beautiful promos have me on the edge of my chair because now, I can’t wait to find out!

The last poster features the main cast together, and also includes Heo Joon-ho (Beautiful Mind) as the crafty leader of Pyeonsoohwae, as well as his granddaughter, played by Yoon So-hee (Memory). The recently released stills capture her first meeting with the crown prince, whom she’s been told all her life is a weakling. But when she finally encounters him in real life, she finds this to be untrue and falls hard for his unintended charms.

More stills below show Kim So-hyun on horseback, looking as gorgeous as ever, apparently in her the first time shooting any extended scenes with horses. So Yoo Seung-ho, who has had numerous sageuk horse-riding experiences, swooped into the rescue and gave her a couple tips (do I see my OTP coming true in real life?).

Political-melodrama-sageuk Ruler–Master of the Mask will begin airing on Wednesday-Thursday after Radiant Office finishes its run, starting on May 10.

km1.jpg

Spoiler

km14.jpg

km7.jpg

km8.jpg

km9.jpg

km10.jpg

km11.jpg

km12.jpg

km4.jpg

km5.jpg

km6.jpg

km13.jpg

Via iMBC

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/master-of-the-mask-yoo-seung-ho-extends-a-hand-to-knife-wielding-kim-so-hyun/

Mrs. DeanxCrushxGray checking in. 

Annyeong, chingudeul. This show is dropping next week, so expect a lot of Soompiers camping in this thread. Please do take note of the following reminders to maintain an orderly and fun environment for discussion and spazzing.

> Avoid quoting images/videos/long posts. When replying to a long post, 1. quote just the line you'd like to react to (highlight the text and use Quote this function) or 2. just use the [@username] to tag the poster.

> Avoid bashing drama cast/crew, related personalities or any Soompier.  Violators will be sent to Sugar Daddy's basement. Eat ice cream to combat the heat (unless it's hotness emanating from YSH or L, from which there's no escape). If you find a post offensive or violating any Soompi rules, report it (click Report post).

> When posting more than three (3) images, hide the fourth and succeeding ones under a spoiler tag

> Avoid posting unrelated information. This thread is for drama-related stuff only. Actor shipping should be posted in the Shippers' Paradise forum, individual activities in the A&A, and fanfiction in the Fanfix.

> Avoid celebrating page milestones and birthdays, unless it's the birthday of the drama cast.

> Do read the Soompi forum rules and Kdramas & Movies section rules to keep yourselves informed and updated.

For any inquiries or help, PM the mods. We're cute and fluffy most of the time. 

#teamruler  #ongseungwooforcenter

@jeijei: Can you please explain about that "not shipping" rules? I mean, there are many viewers ship and wanna see cute moments of the couples (like posting and sharing some thoughts on those) and if we see that in BTS of Ruler can we share it here? Because from my point of view the information/facts that need to be posted in Shipper's Paradise is the information that has nothing related to this drama. Not everyone is hard-ship fans so I think if those things were posted in another thread Ruler fans wont see them. 

===== <3 <3 <3 ====

Another fanart for our OTP xDD I think this scene is when our Seja got jealous with Lee Seon :)) Yesterday they released so many BTS I just love it xDD Hope today we will have something too T^T 

owh Manse Manse ManManse! Hail to the king who is coming next week... hihihih

5 hours ago, jeijei said:

We're cute and fluffy most of the time.

On another note: I think generally we do  AGREE TO DISAGREE or vice versa. And everyone is rightful to their own opinion and no one if forced to like or agree with another's post, hence, I hope there would be peace and harmony here. We are born being different from each other

*peace* Spread love not hate. Spread love not war. And I like cute and fluffy too... Keep Calm and Eat Ice Cream&Cotton Candy :wub:

@junghana2104 i think they mean you could ship Han Ga Eun and prince Lee Seon or whatever drama character in this thread, but if you want to ship them in real life (ex: Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun or L and Yoo Seung Ho...) you should do it in Shipper paradise?  Am I right?

@junghana2104 

Short cut:  

character shipping -- Kdrama thread; actor shipping -- Shipping thread

tl;dr

The Soompi forum is divided into subforums, each catering to specific member needs. The Kdrama section is for drama content discussion. Soompiers come to drama threads not because they ship but because they want to know more about the drama and the characters. If anyone wishes to post drama BTS, it is all right, of course, because that's part of the production. If you want to ship the characters, whatever permutation you could come up with, go ahead! However, if you'd like to ship two of the actors, say YSH and KSH, it would be better to create a shipping thread in the Shippers' Paradise because that content is not about the drama itself. 

If in your mind you can't help but post an off-topic remark, hide it in the spoiler tag. 

It's good to see that they all get along with one another>< since the air date is so near, i can tell that this drama is going to get quite a lot of mixed opinions as I have read a few netizens comments and all of the ones i have come across are very positive:) 

Since I've been a fan of So Hyun for 4 years now, it hurts to read negative comments about her, but I hope through this drama, people see her in a new light as she is maturing into an adult actress and shredding her child actress image. I hope at the end, the whole cast gets rewarded nicely and that they are proud with the final outcome<3

Only 7 more days left!! 

Also, i have a fan account for this drama on instagram, hope you all can follow it^^  the username is Masterofthemask_ruler

tumblr_opbt6nOWoN1r1fzv0o5_r1_400.giftumblr_opbt6nOWoN1r1fzv0o2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_opbt6nOWoN1r1fzv0o3_400.giftumblr_opbt6nOWoN1r1fzv0o4_400.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

It will be a famous line:D

tumblr_ooikllLo851vqfmslo2_540.gif

tumblr_ooikllLo851vqfmslo4_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ooikllLo851vqfmslo5_540.gif

Spoiler

c Dramafever

5 hours ago, kimsohyun1201 said:

It's good to see that they all get along with one another>< since the air date is so near, i can tell that this drama is going to get quite a lot of mixed opinions as I have read a few netizens comments and all of the ones i have come across are very positive:) 

Since I've been a fan of So Hyun for 4 years now, it hurts to read negative comments about her, but I hope through this drama, people see her in a new light as she is maturing into an adult actress and shredding her child actress image. I hope at the end, the whole cast gets rewarded nicely and that they are proud with the final outcome<3

Only 7 more days left!! 

Also, i have a fan account for this drama on instagram, hope you all can follow it^^  the username is Masterofthemask_ruler

Sorry, but can you post the source where you read those negative comments about her? I want to see it with my own eyes. Also the ones about the "mixed" opinions about the drama...

Archived