[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the translation, @faye406 and shirleylsf0716.

Tracing after Seja wanting to kill him, Dae Mok finally bury the death Seja (...)

:blink::blink:

Em...

:blink:

Guess this is just a translation mistake or a metaphor (Dae-mok will forget about Crown Prince). If not, are they gonna bury him alive à la Kill Bill/Moon Embracing the Sun? Good news to claustrophobics...

Can't stop laughing with the comic strip. A curt and serious warrior like Commander Lee, yelling "Bro! Your son is stupid!" :lol:

9 hours ago, clamptsu said:

Dear chingu,  

This is just my opinion.

I remember DM said that he would kill CP (in this case, CP is Commoner LS) and became King. So that, I guess, the stupid of Seja at least saved LS's life. DM don't need to kill fake CP and make him into a puppet King.

I really look forward to the next episodes ^^

Dea Mok's plans were:

• kill real Crown Prince if he doesn't join Pyunsoohwe's group 
  • kill fake Crown Prince if the King tried to fool him using one

killing fake Crown Prince was Dea Mok's 1st plan but that changed after knowing the King's plan in sanding him a fake Crown Prince and trying to kill him at the initiation ceremoney, Dea Mok's new plan turned into killing the King, the Crown Prince's mother and the real Crown Prince to be the real King while using the fake Crown Prince as his puppet behind the mask knowing that he won't be able to turn the real Crown Prince into his puppet!! 

PS: don't say my Seja is stupid, he's a smart young man!! *pouty face*  things goes wrong yes, but that's not my Crown Prince's fault, it's his useless father's!! if he's to do nothing and wait like his father said people will keep dying for no reason and nothing will change but worst Pyunsoohwe group will get more and more stronger crushing the people under their feet. people are dying now, yes, it's sad but needed. that's the price for the coming change and to destroy Pyunsoohwe!! 

one more day for our new episode!! :D 

8 hours ago, faye406 said:

This is brief for episode 9 & 10

EP 9 - will focus on LS as it all about wear a mask,be the puppet and become the king of Joseon

While

EP 10 - due to all tragedies that happen , CP is depressed and escape from DM.

LS becomes a king

GE become poor... Stay in poverty area and meet new crisis...

thank you so uch for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

I'm going to get depressed, am I not?!! *sigh* 

and what does it mean Dea Mok wants the new fake King to give him the rights for casting coins?!! now he wants to contole the money as well not only the water?!! :huh::blink: 

6 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Thanks for the translation, @faye406 and shirleylsf0716.

:blink::blink:

Em...

:blink:

Guess this is just a translation mistake or a metaphor (Dae-mok will forget about Crown Prince). If not, are they gonna bury him alive à la Kill Bill/Moon Embracing the Sun? Good news to claustrophobics...

Can't stop laughing with the comic strip. A curt and serious warrior like Commander Lee, yelling "Bro! Your son is stupid!" :lol:

I don't see Dea Mok letting go of going after real Crown Prince and get rid of him, though he may give his priority for now into dealing with the new puppet King he's going to use!! 

hhhhhhhhhh how could've they found a comic side to that scene is surprising!! :lol: 

Honestly all of those things are very common tropes in both sageuks and Western epic fantasy. So far I don't really see Ruler being more similar to Game of Thrones than your average sageuk is similar to your average fantasy/historical epic. And most of those parallels are very strained (Cersei wants the throne while Hwagun wants to help the person she loves, Westeros doesn't really have one group that has consolidated power but is in a state of almost anarchy, Jon Snow wasn't raised as a prince, &c. &c.). Have we been given any indication that Ruler is a fantasy drama? If not, I would say they are unlikely to introduce fantasy elements if they haven't done so from the beginning.

@Gwinna

I think aja-villa blog was taking a cheeky swipe at the director and his saying that he was taking inspiration for Ruler from Game of Thrones............... anyone who has seen the two would know this to be a vast stretch of the imagination....  

http://www.starzpost.com/articles/3003/20170511/Ruler-Master-of-the-Mask-Yoo-Seung-Ho-Kim-So-Hyun-Game-of-Thrones

tumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo2_400.giftumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo1_400.gif
Spoiler

tumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo3_400.giftumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo4_400.gif
tumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo5_400.giftumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo6_400.gif
tumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo7_400.giftumblr_oq7xun1n4s1qk6zmeo8_400.gif

“[…] It will be hard… but will you remember? That I am always at your side? That you are not alone.”

Cr: Kdramagif

Hwang Chi Yeol praises INFINITE's L for his superb acting in 'Monarch - Owner of the Mask'

L-hwang-chi-yeol.jpg

On a Naver 'V Live' broadcast this May 23, singer Hwang Chi Yeol chatted about his latest OST collaboration with MBC drama 'Monarch- Owner of the Mask', titled "Even A Little While".

Set for release on May 24, the singer said, "I've been listening to the song every day. The song is finally being released tomorrow; please look forward to it."

Hwang Chi Yeol continued, "I tried my best to sound manly while recording it. The music video also turned out well so I'm happy."

He also gave a shoutout to INFINITE's L for his superb acting in 'Monarch - Owner of the Mask,' saying, "I was so surprised by how handsome and how fine he is as an actor. It was a new sight for me indeed, seeing how much they've progressed since I was INFINITE's vocal trainer."

Hwang Chi Yeol didn't leave out the rest of the INFINITE members, also complimenting them on their singing skills.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/05/hwang-chi-yeol-praises-infinites-l-for-his-superb-acting-in-monarch-owner-of-the-mask

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OST Part 03

PS17052400062.jpg

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=2017052

Oh Han Ga Eun in cross-dressed?! I wonder what plot twist they have in store today? Anyway So Hyun looks cute in male look, and handsome to a certain level. Wonder if Chunsoo nim will see Ga Eun in this style?

Archived