[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, wingki13 said:

father"What is happening...........

First time I could be at home in time for livestream and this episode left me lost at words.........

Reveal hidden contents

Did DM already know who the real CP is and who commoner LS is? And that commoner LS is faking the real CP?????

So now the CP has to leave the palace (even though he was about to) and DM will control commoner LS like he did with the King????

In the beginning of the episode, Gaeun lost her family, now at the end, it's CP who lost his...

This pace ......

looks like he knew!! the real CP called the King "Father" so he does know now who the real CP is!! :confounded:

37 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

OMG!!!!!..the phase of the story are so fast...u cant even blink..n then someone else might die. The start of the episode they killed GE's dad. By the end of the episode the CP loses his father the King and his mother. How more tragic can u go...

If the CP's mother manage to inform GE about CP real identity, why is there a revenge plot by GE toward the CP?

I think she told her why her father died when he did nothing wrong but didn't manage to tell her it wasn't really our CP who killed him!! 

and really they even killed his parents?!! come on, go a little easy on the young man!! how more death can he take?!! :heartbreak: 

18 minutes ago, RanM said:

YSH, the CP can't seem to take a break. First, because of his righteousness, his untimely decision, innocent people were killed - the stonemason, his dopplegangers, his eunuch, LS's father and lastly GE's father. Then, he found out about his father's dealing with DM. And if that was not enough DM is hunting him down. Now, when he finally found the courage to stand against DM, he witness his family, especially his father getting massacred by DM. And correct me if I'm wrong but the girl his interested in wants to avenge her father.  The CP has a long, winding, rough road ahead. And I can't wait to see the comeuppance he'll deliver to those who wronged him. 

Ps: i have a new bias. Hello Yoo seung ho. You're such a great actor. :wub:

PPSS: I can't wait to see what GE next course of action would be. :D

toatally agree with you!! I'm wondering when we'll see his smile if he'll ever be able to after all that happend and the rough path ahead of him!! :heartbreak: 

TOTALLY!! :thumbsup::wub:

I know she'll torture me with her seeking revenge against our CP when he already has enough pain and ennemies!! :confounded:

@Ly Khánh 1/ no, I think CP mother told Ga Eun about Pyunsoohwe's hand in killing her father but didn't manage to tell her about our CP not being the one doing the exacution!!

2/ that's devastating!! and I can see even his gurd dying by the end!! awesome isn't it!! :heartbreak: 

I hoping against hope that its getting better for the CP's team in the next episode. Its practically just 4 episode but they already throw the sink at us...

Regarding the scene when the CP kiss GE forehead...I do find it sweet in an awkward kind of way. I do think that YSH is taller than KSH but to make it more comfortable n beautiful, he have to tiptoe to kiss her forehead.

I'm also very curious where the writer want the story to go...DM already seen the real CP's face. The reason for the CP to wear the mask is gone. unless the writer want to give the power to DM. Hide the real CP and use the commoner LS as puppet.   

Easing the frustration of a very sad episode. Here's the full section tv interview. Not sure if it was posted yet...

https://vimeo.com/217358212

After watching this ep, it's confirmed for me that Yoo Seung Ho imo is the handsomest korean male actor I have seen. His features put together is just stunning. Those incredibly expressive eyes, perfect pursed lips, hint of 5 o'clock shadows that makes him so manly yet boyish. No wonder the writer had to add the killer line about his looks in the script. Keke

The two leads are killing it tonight. We were treated to top acting chops from two of the best child actors in Korea. P.s - L is still cringey. Sigh... but I still give him props for trying. 

Intense..intense..intense.... I was reading your live recaps with such intensity that I forgot to click like, and had to go back and make sure I did so. LOL. Thank you to all recappers!

Indeed this drama is moving at a very fast pace that makes you wonder what will be left to show in the remaining 8 weeks. Not only the storyline is moving fast, our couple is moving fast too :D Already a kiss on forehead? I don't remember seeing/hearing/reading any scene where they both acknowledge their special feelings for each other. Or was that forehead kiss scene the one? Btw, the hanja of GE literally means "add grace", beautiful name.

For now, it really really helped to read recaps and watch clips here and there before I dive into the whole episode in its entirety. At least I can temper my emotions a bit and not go ballistic at the turn of events.

So I just watched ep.5/6 moments ago before coming here to read recaps of ep.7/8. I must say events in ep.5/6 were powerful and much needed for the growth of our CP. Despite all the anguish, I love many moments in it (still hate the smirk of HG on horseback). The exchanges between King and CP, between King and Magistrate Han, between CP and Magistrate Han, all reflects the importance of the death/sacrifice by Magistrate Han. I can see King loves Magistrate Han and it kills him too to have him executed. They have had a good relationship with deep understanding. To me, he is a good king, well, at least he realized his past mistake of submitting to the PSH and is trying to make serious amends. Yes, it seems that he cruelly pushed all the blame on CP, but what I see is him teaching CP very important lessons, toughening him up for future harder battle. He loves CP so much, and putting the hope of the nation on him. It is true that sometimes you have to lose a few battles in order to win the war. The King is looking to win the war against the PSH. As such, he cannot afford to let anything happen to CP, the future commander, before he is ready.

Still don't know how to read HG's character. Why did she cry seeing CP grieved over the death of eunuch CS? (That scene earned most of my tears btw). Was she feeling pity for CP? Is that really true love she is feeling for him? (He cries, I cry. He dies, I die) She is a smart one, to ask DM for Gon to be her subject/servant. At first I wonder where Gon's loyalty will lie, with DM, or with HG. I guess ep.7/8 answered that. Which means, Gon loves HG, that he is willing to disregard DM's instruction to report everything back to him. I wouldn't be surprised if Gon gave up his life for HG in future episodes.

I am still hoping LS will not turn to the dark side. He heard a lot of CP's cries of injustice and helplessness while in the palace. He, of all people, should know better where the heart of CP lies. They really need to work together in order to bring the PSH down. CP does not need another enemy to fight off. And please don't let LS die in the process.

Some comments from live recaps of ep.7/8:

1) We're having OTP separation already? Why?? Will HG be spending more time with the CP then? Since she keeps tabs of him wherever he goes and whatever he does?

2) If DM knows that LS isn't the real CP, and he knows that CP is that other handsome guy, what will he do next?

3) Why was GE still angry at CP if she has been told that it wasn't CP who killed her father? How traumatic for her to have to witness her father beheaded. That assistant of magistrate is doing a poor job shielding her from that horrible sight. More like he is the one avoiding the sight.

Waiting for subs......

Hi all, I'm new here.

I finished the raw and just come here to say I'm totally speechless with this show. The acting is so amazing and the story is really seriously UNPREDICTABLE... and I feel it confusing too. Yes, since everyone just dies in just 1 night.

That's a tragedy and unpredictable... this drama is killing me week by week T_____________T

Gaeun still dont have much major scence but the way she returned the necklace make me fall for her. (yes, I fall for Kim So Hyun, but not yet for Ga Eun). Like the love between GE and CP have just started, nothing to call it a true love, and nothing for guarantee, but the predestined debt between them is growing huge. That's what destiny created to tie them together. *sob*

For Hwa Gun... ok, last night I think I like this girl and how her character develop, but now, sorry, now is NO. One person has just died and all she asked CP is to remember her name... Haizzzzzzzzzzz

And what annoys me most is there's no bodyguard left in the palace to protect the king!! And after the whole thing Lee Sun and the king suffered to protect the real CP, the real CP just jumped to the scene and called out "Oramama"... :confounded: No sub so I dont understand why the CP ran out of the palace (since they were informed GE coming in to the palace)

The WORST thing is: no preview!!! All the still cut and teaser are abt the first 8 eps... and we have to wait.

So here my THEORY :ph34r:: Since Daemok believes Lee Sun is the CP, and there's another one is the king's son. So I guess, they will lie to the whole nation the king has TWO sons. The king dies, the fake CP will be the next king which is believed under DaeMok control, and the real CP still the CP, take his time to investigate and revenge.

Well, we all see L wearing red and YSH wearing blue, right?

One more thing: Please give my Sohyunie morrrrreee scenesssss

Watched clips without subs... so no wonder King must find someone with same name LS because at the initiation, the poison will make you spill the truth. And also, it seems like DM got his "enlightenment" to become evil because of some advice from WB? Is that why WB is choosing to live the quiet life in small town?

Seriously this drama is one of the best historical drama (eventhough only 8ep aired). YSH acting is DAEBAK! you can feel the way he acts and touches your heart(esp the sadness moments). I know KSH acts very well but her character is still processing throughout 8ep(she still doesn't come out that much). but YSH reallly improve his acting and helps to make the drama even better

30 minutes ago, valNK said:

And what annoys me most is after the whole thing Lee Sun and the king suffered to protect the real CP, the real CP just ran in and call out "Oramama"... :confounded: No sub so I dont understand why the CP ran out of the palace (since they were informed GE coming in to the palace)

IKR!! I mean can't he just shout "Juhn-ha" or "Pye-ha"... well, I guess they do have a close father-son relationship.

With all the good guys dead, who will be on CP's side? How is he going to gather support/power to win over the PSH? I dread if CP accepts a deal from HG to be with her in order for her to help him...

This drama is really so unpredictable that it left me speculating. I know for the next few days, okay, till the next episode, my mind will be speculating a lot about where the story will develop.

Argh, and next week I will be away out of town visiting relatives. Not sure about internet connection, but will probably constantly at other people's company as well. How am I going to read new recaps and watch new episodes.... :unsure:

2 hours ago, maskros said:

I'm sorry for my stupid question but what does turenim mean please? XD

It means something like "SIR" in a formal/polite way. same as agasshi but for a guy (agasshi is for woman)

3 minutes ago, mili1234 said:

It means something like "SIR" in a formal/polite way. same as agasshi but for a guy (agasshi is for woman)

Oh thank you for explaining :D. I wish I knew Korean XD.

25 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Wait. Chung Woon died too? I must have missed that part on the RAW. Everyone was fighting and my eyes could not keep up with the pace.

If you're responding to my post earlier, I apologize for making it unclear. I was being hyperbolic when I said all the good guys -- I mean apparently WB and GE are still alive. LS is still a question mark whether he is good guy or bad guy.

I saw CW is the one pulling CP out of the fighting scene.

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

If you're responding to my post earlier, I apologize for making it unclear. I was being hyperbolic when I said all the good guys -- I mean apparently WB and GE are still alive. LS is still a question mark whether he is good guy or bad guy.

I saw CW is the one pulling CP out of the fighting scene.

Lol no worry i understand. This episode was very fast paced. I almost couldn't keep up. I literally thought i missed CW getting killed or something and went back to watch RAW again, making sure my eyes scanned with every sword slices haha. Then i was like "hm, I don't see CW getting killed" lol

Yes u r right. CW is the one pulling him out. I think this scene was shown in the trailer too. 

Archived