[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

10 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

Absolutely and I believe this is why JG looked genuinely happy when he received it and even after the awards. He didn't look like he was acting at all, he looked ecstatic about it. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be posting so much pictures of his awards. 

And the same goes for the Best Couple Award. Despite being added hours later as an afterthought by SBS, the K-Wave Star and Best Couple victories prove that JoonU and SHR were and are loved by audiences not only in Korea but all over the world. SBS, if they track their poll data that shows the number of people who signed up for accounts just so they could vote daily, should realize by now that although they do not exactly gain monetarily except for exclusive deals, SHR was indeed a tremendous success. This should be a wake-up call for them to learn to treat the stars and their shows well, especially with their plans to go global.

• Like 24

27 minutes ago, sublimelyheureuse said:

@akinahana89, your thoughts are so eloquently stated that reading them gave me goosebumps and a shiver, the kind that indicate that even your body knows it's encountered something incredibly true.

A post that deserves to be pinned, for sure.

The greatest compliment a writer can ever receive is one such as this. ^^ Thank you! :heart:

• Like 18

IF he kept the trophy for Best Couple, then he must have given their massage chair prize to Jieun to keep. The 2 massage chairs will be at her house. He can always come over with the trophy so she can hold it while they are getting a massage provided by the chairs, and their dogs can have a play-date too! It's a win-win situation.

• Like 24

2 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Actually, and I may be in the minority here, after giving it much thought... I'm happy uri Joon Gi won the Hallyu award instead of the Top Excellence. (Although it would have been great if he had won both!) If we stop to think about it... a Top Excellence award can be given to anyone by SBS.

Anyone that SBS likes. Anyone SBS thinks is popular enough. Anyone with no specific guidelines on what makes them TOP. We saw this. We also saw that they gave this award to TWO actors. Is this a true testament of an actor's ability then? Or a display of pointless popularity?

With the Hallyu award though, there was only one winner. This winner represents the one person that brought global phenomenon to Korean entertainment. The one person with skills, talent, charm, and ability to take one drama to extraordinary global popularity and increase exposure to Korean culture, tourism, and monetary success. It's one person's power and one person's ability to attain international unity. It is determined, not by a small group of mindless baboons that erroneously consider ratings to be the most important factor, but by global, international fans all over the world that focuses on actual skills, performance, and talent. It's not an award based on looks, inaccurate ratings, random surges in popularity, or a blatant show of favoritism.

We saw, with our own eyes, the phenomenon of SHR. The way it soared to international first place, the global attention it received, the ridiculous amount of money paid per episode for distribution rights, and the way fans went absolutely crazy for this precious piece of work.

The Hallyu award is won, fair and square, with nothing but that one person's hard work and perseverance.

And that one person... was uri Joon Gi. For it to be presented only before the Daesang is a true testament of its worth. That it is, in fact and indeed, a far grander award than Top Excellence. And none is as deserving of such an honor as Joon Gi.

You explain it so well captain:) wish I can write like you!

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Hi shippers! I've been lurking in this thread for quite a while but this is my first time posting. :w00t:

Notice how Ji Eun grips Joon Gi's arms whereas Hyun Jin's hand just kind of lays there on Yeon Seok's arms. :phew:

Welcome welcome!!! Good eye chingu! That's called the "My Oppa grip" on JG's arm vs the "Friendzoned grip" on YeonSeok's arm lol

• Like 20

21 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

IF he kept the trophy for Best Couple, then he must have given their massage chair prize to Jieun to keep. The 2 massage chairs will be at her house. He can always come over with the trophy so she can hold it while they are getting a massage provided by the chairs, and their dogs can have a play-date too! It's a win-win situation.

If I could super like this chinggu I would! They can have shared custody of their trophy and that includes puppy play dates and massage chair hangouts while holding hands

@Silvermaine Omo did we just have a reversal and JE turned into WangSo mode. That arm grip states  "You're mine!" You cannot leave me without my permission"

• Like 21

16 minutes ago, Erin45 said:

Hello chingus..been busy with real life this days and when I came back..I noted about the much debated 'friendzoned' thingy. I believe a lot if you had already provided your ideas and this is much appreciated.  I just want to say one thing, as a long time Jieun fan, why did it never come to my mind that she had 'friendzoned' LJG just because she had post their selca on her IG? Maybe because I really genuinely see in Jieun the happiness, adoration and giddiness?? that I never see from her when she is with what you called her 'friends' before. You really need to follow her from her earlier days up to now to pinpoint the difference. I have put some thoughts in spoiler just in case.

Hide contents

Her post in IG with LJG is an indication to me that she is proud to be associated with him, now or even in the future.  As a long time fan, I would not like anyone to believe she is dating him because even if my gut feeling tells me she is now single, technically without the break up confirmation, she is still associated with Voldy. So people thinking he is just a friend is ok, for now but who knows what will happen in the future?? But her reactions to LJG is pure unadulterated happiness, giddiness and adoration written all over her face, her letting him do a lot of skinship (she is not like this with her male friends, actually she is chatty with them but she maintains her distance) but with LJG, she is letting him lead in everything (from the start when they arrive from that VIP car in the red carpet until the end of the show), during the interviews and letting him get away with those skinships is not the Jieun that I know. I am really really happy as a fan, because Jieun like this is a sight to behold, she is enjoying everything and it is like she doesn't care about anything, if it is LJG magic, then I would want him to weave his magic more. Because if you really follow Jieun on her past activities, you will really see how she is overly conscious on her sorroundings that sometimes I just want her to enjoy herself. Actually, Yoo inna is correct is saying that Jieun does not lie, because what you see on her face and when she speaks is what you get. That is why after ML broadcast when all of her co-stars had been interviewed, she never did have one (which I find fishy because she is the main lead) maybe because she doesn't want to lie about something that will be asked about her relationship??? Excuse me for my delulu mind here. So yeah, I will believe what I want to believe and I will continue to chant with you chingus for the BBJX blessing to come true and I am boarding this ship til we arrive to our intended destination or we hit the iceberg. People may lie when they speak or when they want to hide something but unspoken  and unconscious behaviour does not lie. Jieun and LJG maybe friends or (very close friend indeed) for now but who knows what the future holds.  All the best relationship starts with friendship and mutual admiration with each other. Isn't that is the concept of destiny, not knowing what the future holds but anticipating it.  As MLSHR drama known, "Startling by each step", maybe we will be surprised day by day (isn't we all are when they give us crumbs day and day and when we think there is none, alas a miracle always happen when we least expect it) and before we knew it, we indeed reached our destination. Then we look back to this thread with happy memories and we tell the stories to our children and grandchildren with smile on our faces..letting them experience the fun and love that we did..hehe..keep the positivity going chingus.

Glad to read a Uaena's POV , now I want a Joongi diehard POV (am I being greedy) .  I really want to thank everyone in advance for their opinions, even though holiday is over you chingus gave me holiday cheer:)

@Erin45I highlighted the things that I love the most:wub:

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, dlwnsrl88 said:

I think JG manager still can't move on from sohae couple kkkk the picture its not related but hashtag its all about haesu and so :phew:

Alright, JoonU detectives! Put on your hats! What's the connection between the image of the sea and uri JoonU / SoHae? (Other than the obvious connection between Hae Soo and water.)

• Like 17