[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

ZLY has so much experience that she is teaching him a lot.  

Check this out  

They have soo much fun together. 

But I have to agree with @mrsyooknit that a lot of Chinese drama doesn't have a lot of skinship. It's always just a hug or kiss on the forehead and smiling at each other. 

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

he is 

51914938d04d9b833eaa976e39a95daf.gif

Love his shy face. He is too cute when he's shy. :wub: 

• Like 1

I need to fly a fighter jet to catch up with this thread. It's moving sooo fast. I only quickly look through the posts to get an idea what's happening in the drama. With my usual snail pace, I only managed to finish the episode 28 (uncut version) :wink:.

There are some arguments that YX didn't treat XE as equal like YWY did. I disagree. Nobody in that fictional ancient time treats a slave as a person, including YWY and YX, it's a social norm. From their sociological perspective, casually killing a slave or even holding a human-hunt day are rather acceptable let alone to trade or exchange a slave with cattle, horse or certain commodities. Even in today's society, a lot of women are being treated as a lesser human as you may know ….

Like a few ladies here mentioned, should XE wasn't that extraordinarily skillful, she wouldn't have caught the eyes of YWY and YX. To judge who loves her more will be impossible because they are different .. very different. How they can be friends still perplexes me. In the prison scene, when YWY visited both YX and XE, YX bitterly responded and asked YWY that “All you can do is just only to imply?” (something along this line) that's what I was thinking. People say that YX didn't know YWY at all after 10 years of friendship, so did YWY. If he really knew YX well and with his la la land personality, he wouldn't only make those loose implications coz it won't work with YX, he should have told him more clearly about the imminent threat to be inflicted on his family. If YX really got the idea what was really coming, I don't think he would waste time for XE to go back with him. It's a miscalculation from YWY part. I wonder if he told YX the truth, the disaster might not be this huge or if the massacre was inevitable, at least YX would understand him and their friendship wouldn't be ended this way.

In my view, Shawn Dou representing YX in a fine way, I never watch his previous dramas/movies before (including everyone in PA hahaha In fact, this is the first Chinese drama I watch after the Condor Hero starred Gu Tian Le) his childlike personality at the beginning followed by the greatest horror he encountered then turning to a numb, vengeful young man is believably performed. Talking about his childlike traits, Yuan Song and Chun'er are also very naïve, they grew up together so more of less, they have few clues of how a politics and the outside world work. YX is confident of his father's loyalty (and who wouldn't .. he was indeed super loyal) so inconceivable of the betrayal from the Wei King .. Yeah I blamed this eyeliner Emperor again.

The drama has come to a half course, they still owe the audience about the past story of Chu Qiao and her forgotten kung fu power. Why I feel that the Liang Spy-Princess appeared insignificant as the story goes, her character seems random and now a new arrogant Princess was introduced so I hope we don't experience a quality dip towards the end of the show...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, heoesdanish90 said:

Wow i didnt even realize him. I used to watch this movie a month ago. He was doing great in the movie. So versatile actor. I'm prod of you LGX.

Here's a video of our YWY singing a duet for Love Of A LifeTime (Journey to the West - The Demons Strike Back 2017 OST) - Kenny Lin & Yao Chen.  LGX's got quite a voice.  Hope he sings more OST for his dramas as its brings greater impact to the show:

Guess everyone's missing YWY so much hah!  And looking forward to see YWY-XE romance up again next week.

credit to uploader

• Like 4

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Lin Gengxin was also a poor looking swordsman in Sword Master. Don't worry, he gets a makeover once he gets back to his rich family!

I don't remember much of the plot except he's the 3rd master of a prominent family but leaves everything behind to wander the martial world. He ends up working at a brothel where he befriends a kind hearted courtesan.

Poor Guy version:

Rich Guy version:

Awww....LGX looks hot rich or poor.  

12 hours ago, jolin_chan said:

How gorgeous he is here :wub:

cr : weibo

Can I just keep him until CQ realize how she feel about him? :tongue:

General Yue :wub: if I'm his roop, I think I can't concentrate to what he said / ordering me to do, your handsomeness is so distracting Mr Yue

cr : weibo

Super!!! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pimsucre said:

The drama has come to a half course, they still owe the audience about the past story of Chu Qiao and her forgotten kung fu power. Why I feel that the Liang Spy-Princess appeared insignificant as the story goes, her character seems random and now a new arrogant Princess was introduced so I hope we don't experience a quality dip towards the end of the show...

I couldn't agree more. It's true that the story is quite random. I'm not sure whether this is mainland style of drama. Though the acting is doing good so far.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cenching said:

Somehow I can't understand why YWY asks XE, "Do you still remember me?"......:crazy:

@cenching Exactly!!! I was thinking maybe it got lost  in translation(English). I mean even if XE misunderstood YWY, would you forget the person that you thought killed you? Not even that!! but the fact the SHE is he bedchamber servant, and Spy/Prodigy, and the fact that her Master is Hot as heck.:wub: Who on God's earth would ask "Do you remember me?" and who would be stupid enough to say.... NO, I Don't Remember You!!:tongue:

• Like 1

I really liked Yan Xun's theme so I did something I've never done before and translated the Chinese lyrics into English. I can't vouch for 100% accuracy but I think It's gorgeously sung set to a haunting melody. I've tried to replicate the rhythm (probably not very successfully). I am really grateful that the person who posted the video reproduced the lyrics on their site so that I could access my online dictionaries more readily. I've also converted them (thank you Google Translate) into the simplified script for my convenience.

It is quite a sad piece.

Thank you @joyousgal for posting it earlier.

Essentially the song is made up of these 6 stanzas that get repeated:

因为一个人放弃一座城 (Because someone/a man abandoned a city)

我想我是为找到爱的平衡 (I think it’s because I'm looking for love's balance)

因为一个人追寻了一生 (Because someone/a man chased a lifetime)

我还是我似未曾离开过 (It still seems that I had never left)

这座城困住孤独的灵魂 (This city trapped a lonely soul)

满地伤痕都是浴血的铭证 (Full of scars engraved as blood soaked proof)

那个人打开禁锢的城门 (That person/man opened the city gates that shackled)

融化冰冷伴我天地间驰骋 (The cold melting ice my companion as I gallop the world)

我想我是为留住你的眼神 (I think it's because I want to remain in your eyes)

因为一座城失去一个人 (Because a city lost someone/a man)

爱的尽头没有人获胜 (At the end of love no one wins)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Lin Gengxin was also a poor looking swordsman in Sword Master. Don't worry, he gets a makeover once he gets back to his rich family!

I don't remember much of the plot except he's the 3rd master of a prominent family but leaves everything behind to wander the martial world. He ends up working at a brothel where he befriends a kind hearted courtesan.

Poor Guy version:

IMG_1132_zpszh3heqsh.jpg

Rich Guy version:

IMG_1128_zpscfpilv9p.jpg

@frostflower14  I watched this movie (DVD) awhile back, and told my husband, that I like this actor but he doesn't appear in alot of movie, dramas etc. Last drama I saw of him was God of War, which i only could watch half way then quit, as much as I wanted to watch LGX and Godfrey Gao, I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Then I watched the DVD The Great Wall with Matt Damon, and lo and behold LGX  is in it, then soon after they started showing the PA trailers, and there is LGX again!! I was fated to stalk.....I mean watch him in PA. :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pimsucre said:

I need to fly a fighter jet to catch up with this thread. It's moving sooo fast. I only quickly look through the posts to get an idea what's happening in the drama. With my usual snail pace, I only managed to finish the episode 28 (uncut version) :wink:.

There are some arguments that YX didn't treat XE as equal like YWY did. I disagree. Nobody in that fictional ancient time treats a slave as a person, including YWY and YX, it's a social norm. From their sociological perspective, casually killing a slave or even holding a human-hunt day are rather acceptable let alone to trade or exchange a slave with cattle, horse or certain commodities. Even in today's society, a lot of women are being treated as a lesser human as you may know ….

Like a few ladies here mentioned, should XE wasn't that extraordinarily skillful, she wouldn't have caught the eyes of YWY and YX. To judge who loves her more will be impossible because they are different .. very different. How they can be friends still perplexes me. In the prison scene, when YWY visited both YX and XE, YX bitterly responded and asked YWY that “All you can do is just only to imply?” (something along this line) that's what I was thinking. People say that YX didn't know YWY at all after 10 years of friendship, so did YWY. If he really knew YX well and with his la la land personality, he wouldn't only make those loose implications coz it won't work with YX, he should have told him more clearly about the imminent threat to be inflicted on his family. If YX really got the idea what was really coming, I don't think he would waste time for XE to go back with him. It's a miscalculation from YWY part. I wonder if he told YX the truth, the disaster might not be this huge or if the massacre was inevitable, at least YX would understand him and their friendship wouldn't be ended this way.

In my view, Shawn Dou representing YX in a fine way, I never watch his previous dramas/movies before (including everyone in PA hahaha In fact, this is the first Chinese drama I watch after the Condor Hero starred Gu Tian Le) his childlike personality at the beginning followed by the greatest horror he encountered then turning to a numb, vengeful young man is believably performed. Talking about his childlike traits, Yuan Song and Chun'er are also very naïve, they grew up together so more of less, they have few clues of how a politics and the outside world work. YX is confident of his father's loyalty (and who wouldn't .. he was indeed super loyal) so inconceivable of the betrayal from the Wei King .. Yeah I blamed this eyeliner Emperor again.

@pimsucre actually YWY does know YX . I believe it was episode 13  but it was the episode that YX came and offered to buy XE, and Prince Yung Song took her on a horse ride. YWY and YQ had a private conversation, and YQ asked why Master doesn't tell YX about the Crazy Emperor spying on Yanbei because he is getting paranoid. YWY said that it wouldn't do any good cause YX would go running back to the CE to plead or make puppy eyes for the Empress Dowager, and if he failed than all YX would do is start to yell. YWY continued to say, if the YX showed any doubt the CE would will YX dad. Being the Eyes of God YWY hands are tied, because he cannot divulge all that he knows  even if he wants to help YX, then CE would think that YWY is trying to start a rebellion. YWY is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Poor YWY has to bare alot of the burdens, and misunderstandings. That's alot even for YWY's broad shoulders to bare.:(

• Like 7

2 hours ago, gentlelily12 said:

Here's a video of our YWY singing a duet for Love Of A LifeTime (Journey to the West - The Demons Strike Back 2017 OST) - Kenny Lin & Yao Chen.  LGX's got quite a voice.  Hope he sings more OST for his dramas as its brings greater impact to the show:

Guess everyone's missing YWY so much hah!  And looking forward to see YWY-XE romance up again next week.

credit to uploader

His voice is soo.. soothing. :lol: I hope he sings more, too. He has a nice voice. It's not to strong, but with practice, he'll improve. He's good. 

And yes, we are missing YWY that's all we're doing now is talking about LGX. Lol! I'm sure everyone is dying for Monday to come already, so we can see YWY and XE/CQ reunited, even though they aren't doing anything, as long as they meet. 

41 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I really liked Yan Xun's theme so I did something I've never done before and translated the Chinese lyrics into English. I can't vouch for 100% accuracy but I think It's gorgeously sung set to a haunting melody. I've tried to replicate the rhythm (probably not very successfully). I am really grateful that the person who posted the video reproduced the lyrics on their site so that I could access my online dictionaries more readily. I've also converted them (thank you Google Translate) into the simplified script for my convenience.

It is quite a sad piece.

Thank you @joyousgal for posting it earlier.

Essentially the song is made up of these 6 stanzas that get repeated:

我想我是为找到爱的平衡 (I think it’s because I'm looking for love's balance)

因为一个人追寻了一生 (Because someone/a man chased a lifetime)

我还是我似未曾离开过 (It still seems that I had never left)

这座城困住孤独的灵魂 (This city trapped a lonely soul)

满地伤痕都是浴血的铭证 (Full of scars engraved as blood soaked proof)

那个人打开禁锢的城门 (That person/man opened the city gates that shackled)

融化冰冷伴我天地间驰骋 (The cold melting ice my companion as I gallop the world)

我想我是为留住你的眼神 (I think it's because I want to remain in your eyes)

因为一座城失去一个人 (Because a city lost someone/a man)

爱的尽头没有人获胜 (At the end of love no one wins)

Thanks for the lyrics. It matches YX. Do you have the translation for the song for YWY?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is there a YWY theme?

I haven't seen it. 

Here's YWY's theme song...I think the lyrics very spot on what his character, willing to always protect and do anything for XE:wub:

• Like 1

Here's what Lin Gengxin looks like in the Great Wall. I wasn't very interested in the movie so did not notice he was in it.

IMG_1133_zpslh3idk6s.jpg

As 14th Prince in Scarlet Heart: 

IMG_1134_zpsfempegiw.jpg

Could not get into this drama because of sad ending,but Lin Gengxin sure looks handsome as Qing dynasty royalty!

He's also a supporting character in Xuan Yuan Sword: Scar of the Sky. In this drama his character's name is Zhang Lie, the king of some tribe. Didn't watch this drama when it was first released because fantasy dramas rarely get happy endings.

IMG_1135_zpsdnykjzvm.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, jolin_chan said:

Finally I can catch up with you girls. This thread is moving even faster than yesterday *throwing confetti*

I've been reading all of your posts and the more I read, the more I feel sad for YWY on ep 33 next week.

Can you imagine how he feel, how heartbroken he must be, mourning the only girl that he ever love for 3 years, guarding the border like he has no tomorrow (and the General-Prince somehow knew that the guarding thing is kinda a 'running away' act of YWY). And all of the sudden, he encounter someone with her scent, fighting with his unique martial-art style. He must think that can only be his XE, but XE was dead and he don't have a chance to see the face of the one he's been fighting in that tomb so there is no prove of his suspicion. Then he just realize his sword got exchange with the soulmate sword that can only meant that the love of his life is certainly alive. How happy he must be that she's alive but when he realize that XE is with YX for the last 3 years, he must think that she's not his anymore.

And when CQ arrive at the banquet, she is standing that close to him, yet so far, three years of misunderstanding came back lingering between them, the longer it remains the harder it resolved. He didn't even have a clue how he truly feel and how much he love her back then, not until it's too late, but now, he's like been given a second chance, to say how he truly feels, but yet, she is not his anymore for him to say anything freely to her like he used to. :bawling:

I just realized how pitiful is my...oooppppsss!!!...OUR YWY.....:bawling:

• Like 1

After finally watching ep 32 and re-watch the preview for ep 33-34, I'm really afraid of YX's transformations. He kinda look more and more like the Crazy Emperor. His transformations hasn't manifest full force (the eyeliner still not on yet) but I already afraid of him, like he capable of killing you if you ever cross him. I do think that his transformations toward the dark side still representing his old self in a more scary and dark kinda way. He's once a bubbly outgoing personality, he let his emotions showed, so now when he's on full vengeance mode, he gonna strike hard, no holding back and I kinda sense that he's gonna be the possessive kinda type toward the person that he love. And alas CQ I think is not the type of person that can be contain by someone that possessive. And I think this is gonna be one of the reason that they're gonna grow apart, even if the drama still follow the novel (CQ seems like love YX first and then switch her love toward YWY, although I think this is also debatable because when CQ later on tell YWY that she love him back, she also didn't know when this love begin) which is not, CQ still won't accept the type of man whose possessive over her and this is happens to be YWY's flaw in the past. It's kinda like after 3 years, YX becoming more like YWY old self, while YWY becoming more like YX old self.

YWY for me also growing into a more dark and deep personality, he had no one from the very beginning, and then a certain Star (XE) fall into his lap, and her shine breaking his icy wall little by litte and unbeknownst to him she become the love of his life, but before he realize all this, the misunderstanding put a distance between them and then she die indirectly by his own hand. After a shining bright star once occupying his cold lonely world, I think he certainly can't go back to his old self anymore, there is a certain hole in his heart that will never be mend and this represented by him putting his sword's soulmate upon XE's grave. I can't help feel devastated when YWY carefully diligently wiping Can Hong Sword before going to XE's funeral. So three years later, after CQ actually didn't die and is not his anymore, and YWY just looks like he just happy that she is alive and I'm certain he certainly is, and he can't and won't control her anymore, this actually will make CQ can finally see YWY with the new perspective, how he actually really care and love her. We all know that YWY is caring CQ in his own way, training her to defend herself, let her deal with the bullying in his household and stand out by her own, all in a facade of training her to become a top spy, so no wonder CQ will misundertand that YWY never truly cares for her, he just want her to become an ideal spy, he just control her and CQ don't have the chance to break free from these. 

So just say that it's a twist of fate or YWY and CQ was meant to be from the beginning. I don't know if YWY who is the one on YX positions, having all in his life and one day it all get reaped from you, will YWY becoming bitter and dark like YX or worse? But here, while the circumstances make YWY kinda putting a distance between him and CQ, and we all know that what's makes CQ finally see YWY as YWY, as a great, caring man that he is, not as her master, her trainer, her captor. And on the other hand, YX becoming the old YWY in CQ's perspective, possessive, demanding, controlling, cutting her every move. If we look at these, it's quite a certain whose the one CQ gonna choose base on her personality.

• Like 8