[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

LOL... The pre-emptive outpouring of grief made my morning. :lol:

The separation of the leads, though heart-breaking on some level because they have to go their separate ways even before they've even begun, is not the thing that worries me. It was inevitable to some degree because they have to choose to be with each other for the equality thing to be convincing. 

What I'm really concerned about now is how much of YWY we're going to get now. ^_^ After all the show is called The Legend of Chu Qiao and the camera will go where she goes. And now that she's been co-opted by the "other team", does this mean we'll see a reduction of YWY? I'm hoping not because right now he is the biggest reason why I'm watching the show. Not that I don't like CQ or the other guy but I want our hot-cold spy master to stay active on our screens.

I don't need or want spoilers... Just an assurance that he'll still have a big part to play in the geo-political happenings in the coming episodes. And maybe giving CQ a hand here and there without her knowledge. 

Yes @40somethingahjumma, totally agreed.. I would be devastated too if YWY screen time is reduced like you said.  Totally besotted with YWY...

Look at how YWY's looking at XE riding away with YX. (looking forward to seeing how LGX's YWY gonna express his hidden feelings of pain & longing like a sword piercing him) in the episodes to come...

6d40f7f4ly1fgsw3h00pzg20b4068e85.gif  6d40f7f4ly1fgsw3fv3kug20b4068e81.gif

credit as tagged

• Like 2

I do think that YWY's expression is not as devastating as when XE smashed the  bells n screaming at him. There is a possibility that he even feels relieved that XE get away with YX. At least he knows where to find her if needed. Plus XE can't stay with him anymore bcoz Crippled Grandpa want to kill her. That's why he asks his soldiers not to chase after them.

add. Besides the most important thing he knew why she left and he proved his points by testing her if she could kill him which she failed miserably.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cenching said:

I do think that YWY's expression is not as devastating as when XE smashed the  bells n screaming at him. There is a possibility that he even feels relieved that XE get away with YX. At least he knows where to find her if needed. Plus XE can't stay with him anymore bcoz Crippled Grandpa want to kill her. That's why he asks his soldiers not to chase after them.

add. Besides the most important thing he knew why she left and he proved his points by testing her if she could kill him which she failed miserably.

they are like lovers fighting lol. XE is clearly heartbroken while YWY almost stuttering to explain himself .. I think maybe this is the first time YWY is asking someone to listen to him. If it's his old self, he wouldn't care less if he is misunderstood but not by XE whom he never wants to lose.

YX is such a bright and affectionate young man. He with his dazzle smiles, though he knew that his family's fate is very shaky at this moment but XE is always his priority. I feel very sorry for him to undergo such an extreme ordeal and his revenge for his lost parents who are loyal yet mistreated subjects is somewhat justifiable. I just hope that he won't go too dark or else the first image of YX's radiant and loving man will be hard to restore.

By the way, I find myself feel sympathy for the young princess who loves YX, when she knew that he didn't love her, at first I expect she would act angrily but instead she just retreated herself to reflect and understand things quite well. Her character then appeared interesting coz I think she isn't a bad person just spoiled princess but she does love YX and she has a good judgement telling a difference between bad and good people. waiting to see her change rather than just an annoying princess who live cheerfully in a la la land ..

• Like 6

21 hours ago, cenching said:

I watched LGX in Happy Camp with HuGe etc during promo for XuanYuan Sword long time ago. My impression of him was he is a bit dumb n gullible :grin:. I hope he smartened up now....:grin:

Have you got a link for that? I do watch some of the Happy Camp but with Eng subs is a little easier! XD

19 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

It's soo heartbreaking! All I understood was she won't listen to his explanation and stated that she's not Xing'Er when he called her that. You can see it in his eyes that was doesn't want to hurt her, but she's soo angry, she won't listen to him. :bawling::bawling::heartbreak::heartbreak:

I wonder when he called Xing'er he thinks of someone else lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, annie0820 said:

Hello! I have been lurking around and decide to come out. I see familiar faces here from The Journey OF Flower thread :).

I love this series so much then decided to read the novel. Luckily, I have finished the novel in 2 days. Novel's beginning is darker the series. Like someone said earlier YWY is like a psychopath in the beginning of the novel. I just think that he is rather an odd individual who does not to associate with anyone and is very ruthless. Tv series changed his character a little bit in here.

The story is changed a little bit. I cannot wait for Deng Lun's character to appear. He is one of the most pitiful person in the novel who loves Xing'er unconditionally. 

FROM the novel, YWY did watch after XiaoBa and tortured her at the same time after Xing'er left. She does fall in love with YWY, but knowing he doesn't love her back. In the end, she married the 13th prince who also liked Xing'er.

Can you please tell me who is Deng Lun? I did see one familiar face from Journey of Flower. Such raw emotion, too bad Ma Ke ain't in it!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Friends 

i ask myself why ? Why did XE fall for YWY? I felt something really odd from their first scene together that they just fitted. He read her and she was an apt student from the start. When you think about it? Some romance are opposite are the perfect for each other but for XE and YWY , I felt they were a match made in heaven. It's like they fitted each other like a puzzle. She is observant and eager to learn. Even without her memories she was alwythe silent type like YWY. He loves his solitude like XE. Xiaboa told YWY when she first came to live with them  she was always distant.  Truth be told I felt YWY fell for her before he got the secret message from his grandfather telling him XE can't be contrôles because she is unpredictable. 

Because he bent over backwards and went beyond the normal parameters of the master-slave relationship. Even the CGI bird could tell that she was special to him. Practically everybody who could be bothered was telling her that he was acting "irrationally" for her sake. Sister 8, The Liang Princess, the antique/arms dealer were conveniently placed megaphones announcing to her that he was nuts about her. He was gifting her love tokens masquerading as weapons... Sure he's a practical guy but he sure knows how to look after his woman without looking like he's looking after his woman. (You can't take the spy out of the man)

I think she was beginning to convince herself that they were all correct in their assessment about his intentions but then to hear from Grandpa that it was all an act... well, that must have been devastating.

If you're asking about intrinsic qualities that both of them possess... I'd agree that they are a lot more similar than either of them would acknowledge. Even though they come from different worlds, they're both smart, determined people who get the job done. While he may be much more circumspect, she's good at thinking on her feet. They are very complementary.

I'm going to miss the bickering. :D

• Like 5

The drama does have some post production issues but I don't find them that bad. I just regret it since they could have been easily avoided with better producers. And I guess I am one of the few ones that likes the action scenes. I find them really cool, especially when YWY is being a badass =D I just wish they didn't give XE super-powers at times lol 

My two favorite things of this drama are the OTP and the whole spy mystery. I do think YWY will have less screen time now that XE is gone bc they have to tell the story of what happens with her and YX. However, I feel like YWY will have much more screen time than YX did when she was with YWY. 

I think he is just happy that she alive, look at his face he just wants to kiss her

9e83fdddly1fgt19099x0g209q05d7wh.gif

bts pics

a6949f40gy1fgt2v4aigkj23vc2kwkjp.jpg

a6949f40gy1fgt2utukatj21400qodqu.jpg

a6949f40gy1fgt2vograbj23vc2kw4qr.jpg

a6949f40gy1fgt2vg2b6tj21kw0yyqib.jpg

• Like 11

Actually i have a few questions but im too lazy to watch every episodes all over again. Huhu. So , i need everyone's help to clarify a few things for me. Please...

1) where XE/CQ got the bells at the first place? Are them from YWY? Is there any symbolization of the bells?

2) bad princess (liang princess) in the novel should fall in love with YX. But in drama, there is possibility they want to change it to YWY. Because she knows that YWY is her penpal.

But when i watch ep 19, the princess's bodyguard  asks her whether she has romantic feelings toward yuwen huai. N i also can see that yuwen huai seems to be interested towards princess. In the novel, is there any relation between YWH n princess rather than they're just simply comrades.

3) CQ will go back to YWY after she leaves YX. But i wonder how she can go back to him after she left him at the first place. Is any accident happen before that makes them meeting each other again. Or CQ goes to find YWY or YWY goes to find CQ and then, they unite again. 

P/s: sorry if im asking too much. Im really,really appreciate if someone can help me to ease the burden in my head.:cry:

• Like 1

@pimsucre LOL they do look like fighting lovers so unlike Master and slave.....huahahahaha....YWY looks so heartbroken mainly bcoz he sees XE so hysterical and devastated. If he still can't figure out how XE feels about him then he needs a sledgehammer too @40somethingahjumma

It broke my heart to pieces when I saw a still of YX in the prison with XE but they are divided by a wall with only a small hole then he is holding XE's hand with a grateful smile. Part of me feel glad he has XE.....:bawling: I think YWY is the one going to help them escape from prison, maybe.....

Princess YuanChun is not bad only spoiled. She does loves unconditionally. Even though she knew YX got no feeling for her but she still insisted to help him.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, heoesdanish90 said:

Actually i have a few questions but im too lazy to watch every episodes all over again. Huhu. So , i need everyone's help to clarify a few things for me. Please...

1) where XE/CQ got the bells at the first place? Are them from YWY? Is there any symbolization of the bells?

2) bad princess (liang princess) in the novel should fall in love with YX. But in drama, there is possibility they want to change it to YWY. Because she knows that YWY is her penpal.

But when i watch ep 19, the princess's bodyguard  asks her whether she has romantic feelings toward yuwen huai. N i also can see that yuwen huai seems to be interested towards princess. In the novel, is there any relation between YWH n princess rather than they're just simply comrades.

3) CQ will go back to YWY after she leaves YX. But i wonder how she can go back to him after she left him at the first place. Is any accident happen before that makes them meeting each other again. Or CQ goes to find YWY or YWY goes to find CQ and then, they unite again. 

P/s: sorry if im asking too much. Im really,really appreciate if someone can help me to ease the burden in my head.:cry:

1. She got them after she became his personal maid. A lot of special meaning since she was the lowest of the slaves, an iron bell, and he moved her up to the highest level. He stayed up all night personally making the bells. That moment where he puts on her new bells was really sweet, then he walks away and looks back with a small smile. 

2. bc they changed her penpal from YX to YWY in the drama, so there is that chance

I don't know about Yuwen Huai. I am curious about that too. 

3. She goes back to him after she falls in love with him. They will meet many times before she goes back to him, he has to win her over. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, heoesdanish90 said:

1. The bell is like an ID for a slave. Made from different materials to indicate the slave ranks. XE's silver bell is the highest rank(?) n hers was specially made by YWY personally.

2. Did she know YWY is her penpal? Maybe I missed it....no idea about YWH.

3. There will be a string of unfortunate events, I believe that were created by the writers to make them meet each other. 

• Like 3

_storage_emulated_0_sina_weibo_weibo_img18949832_117660692160563_231819684269051hqdefault.jpg

If you only knew how much I had wanted to be an active voice in this thread but sometimes life just doesn't allow it, no matter how much you want to. Have enjoyed this thread and your thoughts...

Chinese Drama's are on the rise and easy to see why!!!  Princess Agents is one of many this year that have not only captured my heart but have opened my eyes to some amazing stories full of so many different types of passion...  Taking me to places and thoughts I had never been where falling in love is the easy part it's the being able to be and stay together that seems so hard...

YWY & XE's love story is different it's a mixture of many things.  While it seemed YWY was torturing XE when in fact we all know he was teaching her and in a way loving her in the only way he knew how.  He is complex to say the least and stores everything within the safety of himself.  Where he is use to, that is until his arrow that saved XE through fate alone would come back to pierce his  very soul instead and shake up his whole world...

All the push and pull we have been given at times felt like a beautiful ballet.  A dance between two spirits whose lips never speak the words but your able to see it's beauty in every move and motion.  It's all those pictures of soft touches even glances that linger in our minds long after the episode is over...

It's not a love that is flashy, loud or out there.  Its subtle, quiet and kept close under the surface of their skin.  And the reason I love it even more!!!   That its pace of skinship and growth proves that it's often not what you see but what you don't that can more your heart the most.   Yet on the flip side of their hearts it's a relationship about protecting, sacrificing, and yes even yearning...

My last thought is of YWY and only in my mind, of how it would be to live in his closed off world dark and alone.  Only to one day have this beautiful light enter and wake up every thing inside of him.  Everything  he sees, feels and experiences things and feelings he never knew existed.  It would be like being blind and all of a sudden by some miracle being able to see... Breathing life and love in for the first time and filling up the very scent of this woman into every part of him.  Who for the first time made him want to really live...  Then realizing he can't keep her close no matter how much he wants her.  Where fate gives him no real choice except to let her go and be free of his presence.  Yet in his heart and mind she will forever be his... bonded through time...