Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

Guest ys_jen

Here are more photos of JJH from an interview yesterday:

20060310170508.423.0.jpg

20060310170508.423.1.jpg

Here are some things he said in the interview..

- He said that he was a little disappointed that many of the scenes where he showed his "acting/image transformation" in the movie were edited..

-He said that he drew all the cartoons in the movie (he's a cartoonist in the movie) by himself..

-The reporter felt that JJH was definitely a person who prepares his life as an actor in the long term rather than focus on temporary popularity..

and most of all...

-He said: "Right now, I'm filming "old garden". It's a traditional romance story, and I'm enjoying acting for it because there is a special style of filming by director Im. After I finish filming for "old garden", I'm probably going to act in one more work that I'm in negotiation with right now. And after that, I'm going to take a big break and study. I'm going to study foreign languages and also prepare lots of other things, and show people other sides of myself"

Hope his break is not too long..... :( And I wonder what that drama/movie (he didn't say) he is going to act in before he takes a break is..from what he said, it seems that his next work is pretty much already decided..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ys_jen

awww. it makes me sad that he said "big break" instead of just break. i hope he returns soon!

actually..I only translated it as "big break" because he definitely implied that his break will be longer than usual.. :( Anyway, it will still take a while for him to have his break, since he hasn't finished filming "old garden" yet and he still has to film that new drama/movie he said he will be in.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pure_joy

:ph34r: wowww. Ji Jin Hee in Dae Jang Geum arhahar. How bout Ji Jin Hee in hmm. Perhaps Love? Its from the final scenes of the show. i lurveee the way he smiles. arhahar. :blush:

jijinheeperhapslove4mc.jpg

Guest Sparkly_Chic

I love this guy! After watching DJG and Miss Kim's Million Dollar Project consecutively, I must say that he is such a versatile actor!

Looks like he's getting the popularity and recognition that he deserved finally!

Guest ys_jen

thanks pure_joy and sense for the pictures! :D

I love this guy! After watching DJG and Miss Kim's Million Dollar Project consecutively, I must say that he is such a versatile actor!

Looks like he's getting the popularity and recognition that he deserved finally!

I definitely agree that he's a very versatile actor. And JJH actually acted the two dramas consecutively as well..actually, he acted in Miss Kim as soon as he came back from filming Dae Jang Geum (I heard that the day he started acting for "Miss Kim.." was the day after he finished filming DJG!)

So I guess that really proves his acting skills.. :)

Anyway, here are some photos of his new movie, "Old Garden":

20060327181517.845.0.jpg

60060327094021[1].jpg

Guest ammiow

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the non-club box Miss Kim one million dollars project? I just finish watching DJG, and would like to see more of Ji Jin Hee. Thx

Guest HappyGirl

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the non-club box Miss Kim one million dollars project? I just finish watching DJG, and would like to see more of Ji Jin Hee. Thx

Try d-addicts.com :D

Guest k-craze

hi everyone~! noce to meet u guys!

came to no of JJH in DJG! i would haf to agree wif u guys that yeS! he's a superb actor! bt, think he looks like emil chua (zhou hua jian) in certain angles... =)

Guest wuzz_in

hi everyone~! noce to meet u guys!

came to no of JJH in DJG! i would haf to agree wif u guys that yeS! he's a superb actor! bt, think he looks like emil chua (zhou hua jian) in certain angles... =)

i agree with you k-craze he does look like Emil Chua but he is a million times cuter! :P

Guest ys_jen

JJH has finished filming his movie Old Garden, and is taking a short break before he does his new movie/drama..

these are the photos of their last shooting of Old Garden, when Hyun Woo leaves Yoon Hee to go to Seoul.

20060410181008.588.0.jpg

20060410182512.183.1.jpg

20060410182512.183.2.jpg

For those that haven't seen at the chicago board already, here's the translation that I did of what JJH said at Ya Shim Man Man a while ago. :)

For those that don't know, Ya Shim Man Man is a talk show that JJH was in, along with Moon So Ri (who acted with him for his movie "The secret charm of the female professor" or "Bewitching Attraction"), and 3 other people.

Translation 1: Ji Jin Hee and the incident of the "Dae Jang Geum" karoke room..

It's about Moon So Ri describing what JJH did after finishing the filming of his movie ("..female professor") for the day. :D

MSR: "Once we (the filming team) filmed at the countryside. After we finished filming, we had a drink (alcohol), and we were drunk but we also went to a karaoke room (singing room) after that. And the karaoke's name was "Dae Jang Geum" (Everyone laughs)

MSR: So, if you go there, there's the "Sir Min (Min Jung Ho)" room , "Jang Geum" room, "Yeon Saeng" room..there's all sorts of rooms with different names from DJG to it. And JJH insisted on going into the "Sir Min" room! ( The caption on the screen: Sir Min insists on going into the "Sir Min" room! ..and everyone cracks up laughing)

MSR: The owner of the karoke room thought this was a dream..she said "Is this a dream..? How could the real Sir Min be at my shop? "

and we asked JJH the next day about this incident but he couldn't remember anything (Caption: Next day even Sir Min doesn't remember )

JJH: (in response) I slept. I was drunk, so I went in there and slept.. (caption: He slept in Sir Min's room?)

MC1 (the host): "Oh..you slept and it was coincedentally Sir Min's room!" (everyone laugs again)

MC2: "Well of course..it was his house, so he slept!"

MC1: "hahaha..that makes sense..it was his own room (he slept in the "Sir Min" room, and JJH is Sir Min) so he slept comfortably.."

SJA (another actress from the movie, she's a new actress): "But MSR is even worse..when she does something.."

MSR: Don't say it! (Everyone laugs)

MC1: Ji Jin Hee, do you remember (MSR doing anything inappropriate?)

JJH: (looking innocent, and catching exactly the right timing ) "I was sleeping" (everyone laughed so much)

MC1 and MC2: wow..wow...JJH..you just said it at the right timing..wow..you're so witty..

Translation 2: Ji Jin Hee's stolen first kiss..

The guests were talking about their experience of holding hands, kissing.. with their boyfriend/girlfriend..

This is the story about JJH's "first kiss".

MC1: (To JJH) So when was your first kiss?

JJH: Actually my first kiss was stolen...

So I don't have a good memory about my first kiss..

It was when I was about 20 or 21 years old..

And the girl was a high school student..

She took me somewhere..and it was a bar.. (where you drink alcohol)

So I said "I don't think you should go in here... let's not go.."

But then she said to me "Why, don't you have any money?"

So I said "Well.. I do have money..but I don't think we should go in..shouldn't you be going home now?"

But she still took me there. And she said that we have to sit at a particular spot..

So I thought it was quite strange..but I sat down.

And she suddenly kissed me.

But at that moment I thought "This isn't love"..

And I said "Why are you doing this? Why.." and I pushed her away.

And afterwards I found out that... the man she really loved was actually sitting next to us, with a different woman!

So she tried to give him revenge by kissing me infront of him..

I asked her "So do you feel better now?"

and she said that she feels better, but she's still depressed..

So I told her that "If that makes you feel better, then that's good.." but

actually I was very depressed myself.. and I couldn't sleep at all that night...

Translation 3: JJH's REAL... romantic kiss

MC1: Then what's the kiss that you felt true love?

JJH: For my true love... I took 2 years just to hold her hand.. and it took me about 3 years before I kissed her...

(Everyone is surprised that someone can take so long to hold his girlfriend's hand and also kiss... )

JJH: That day.. it was raining.

And after spending some time with her, I walked her back to her house.

I never really had a chance (to kiss her)...

But that day it was raining..

And so I had an umbrella.

There were people outside her house but I could cover ourselves with the umbrella..

So.. I covered us with the umbrella and we kissed..

And after the kiss..I was walking to my house..

and I was so happy that I didn't know whether I was walking... or flying... :)

It was a kiss where I could feel that it was true love.

It was a short kiss, but I felt like I was flying with my umbrella during my trip back home.. :D

MC1: But don't you have that uncomfortable feeling when you meet with your girlfriend the next day? (because you're embarrassed..)

JJH: But even that feeling made me happy...

Because I knew for sure that feeling was love..so even that moment made me happy. :)

MC1: could you see the woman's eyes (on whether she also felt love?)

JJH: Of course. It was late at night, and it was raining and I was even covering with an umbrella..

But I could definitely feel her love..

MC1: Who is that woman..?

JJH: She's at home... :) (indirect way of saying she's my wife :lol: )

MC1: Do you still feel the same way as when you kissed her?

JJH: Yes... every time I see her my heart beats fast. (I get butterflies.. :D )

MC1: could you say something to your wife who will be watching this program?

JJH: Thank you.. Thank you very much for the warm feeling..the emotions that you give me..and for being so lovable. I hope I am the same way to you..and let's live together happily forever. :)

Caption: "The world's most romantic couple..." :)

Translation 4: How does JJH show his love?

JJH: I like hugging from the front.

Because then my heart becomes warm..

Since you can feel the temperature of each other...

So I feel very warm inside..

Translation 5: JJH's advice to Moon So Ri..and to all other people who are having a hard time after breaking up with his/her boy/girlfriend..

(What he said here became a big issue among Koreans..)

Moon So Ri was saying how she's having a very hard time after breaking up with her boyfriend...and she didn't know what to do.

JJH: But one thing for sure is that there is such thing as a "destined tie". (the man/woman you are destined to marry..)

If your heart is hurting so much...and if the person that you loved so much left you and you're having such a hard time..

Then think about this. How great.. how great can the guy that is waiting for me be that I'm having such a hard time now?

How great could the guy be! Don't you look forward to that man?

MC2: I think you should forget old love..

JJH: You can't. How can you erase the person that you loved so much?

That doesn't make sense. You just leave it deep in your heart.

You can't forget it just because you want to..

Just leave it, and other memories will pile on top of it as time passes.

And one day.. just when you are passing by, something may remind you of the time you spent with your girlfriend..

Then at that time, don't try to forget it, or not think about it.

Just think "Yeah.. there was a time like this.. it was a good memory"

And then leave it. The good memories... the good remembrances... why do you want to forget it..

That's why you're having such a hard time..

And I uploaded one of JJH's music videos..

The MV is called "The Last Letter", and it's sung by Lee Seung Hoon.

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TRECVZQ

Guest liezle

thanks jen for your translation. i had fun reading the above. the first kiss, romatic kiss and the hug gave me a a big smile on my face. huh?! but that long? i mean 2 years before he was able to hold her hands and 3 years before they kissed? i thought it's only in the movie :blush: whew! hhmm, i've this impression that jjh is the conservative type :D btw, i like the piece of advice that he gave towards the end.

oh btw, thanks for the mv link, i'm d/ling now :D

Guest ys_jen

thanks jen for your translation. i had fun reading the above. the first kiss, romatic kiss and the hug gave me a a big smile on my face. huh?! but that long? i mean 2 years before he was able to hold her hands and 3 years before they kissed? i thought it's only in the movie :blush: whew! hhmm, i've this impression that jjh is the conservative type btw, i like the piece of advice that he gave towards the end.

oh btw, thanks for the mv link, i'm d/ling now

Hi liezle :D

I haven't seen you for a long time.. the last time I saw you in this thread was when I first came to soompi and started writing on the JJH thread... hope to see you more often! :)

yeah.. on the second year he held her hand and on the third year he kissed... :D it's one of the reasons why I like him... he's so different from other men these days... :lol: (so.. innocent and pure.. lol :P:D ) hehe.. what you said was also what lots of other korean viewers said after watching the show... that his love story seems like what they only saw in movies... :lol:

I uploaded that MV for some fans at a JJH thread on another board, because that was the one they haven't seen yet...(as well as for soompiers of course :D) it's quite an old MV...personally I like that MV, but some people find the storyline(?) a bit.........

If you (or anyone) want to see another old MV by JJH, (that has a more typical storyline) I'll be happy to upload that too. :)

Guest liezle

hi there jen! i've been around the thread :D... as a lurker ;) jjh seems to be a true gentleman. have i told you that i first came to like him in loveletter?

the mv looks old but he sure looks good then and now :wub: i'll be seeing his movie with moon sori soon a friend of mine will be giving me a copy.

btw, are there details of the drama he will be starring in?

Guest strawberry-

hello... there!!!!

n to jen... thanks to all your posts about JJH...

starting like him coz of DJG... sooooo..... manly!!! hahahhaha....

n also coz he look like a family man for me....

Guest ys_jen

hi liezle and strawberry~! :D

liezle.. I became his fan after watching love letter too... :) Actually I'm watching love letter again now (for the 101st time.. :P ) and I cried every episode I've seen so far...

I'm not sure whether I can watch his new movie with moon so ri.. anyway, hope you don't become too shocked after watching it... I heard that it's a rather peculiar.....(?) movie.. also since the movie was a black comedy, many people didn't really get the jokes either... :sweatingbullets: even though for me, I want to watch anything that he's in whether or not the movie is good or bad.. :)

I'm not too sure about his next work.. whether it will be a movie or a drama.. for a long time I thought it was a movie.. but there's a rumour that it may be a drama... nothing has been confirmed yet.. (even though I'm quite sure it will be a movie, called "Double Casting") all the articles are just rumours... so I'll post any news up when it's confirmed. :)

I agree with you strawberry.. JJH is so manly.. :D lol

Guest strawberry-

jen... yep...yeppp.. we agree about his manly ryt? hehehheheh...

sense...thanks.... ive been looking for his forum....

coz, i have my own thread of JJH in my country....at television forum....

coz, Dae Jang Geum just aired...

Archived