Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some photos of JJH from an interview he did 2 days ago :)

20060225150613.403.0.jpg

20060225150613.403.1.jpg

In the interview, he said that when he is in his 40's he is planning to go back to university to study metalwork.. :)

This is because he wanted to study metalwork at university when he was younger, but the universities near his house didn't teach it so he had to study visual design at university instead..so this time he is planning to learn what he really likes and wants to do. :)

Guest kawaiiceres

finally finished reading the whole thread...

oh yeah.. during the previous pages, where he drew cartoons .. the two Japanese cartoons were from Studio Ghibli.. the first one was from Totoro and the other one I thnk from Spirited Away (one of my fave animated series of all time)..

also, perhaps love is HK's answer to Moulin Rouge. (Spectacular!SPectacular). will look forward in watching this movie (soon I hope.. i think it will never be shown in our country so i better wait for it on DVD). I think in this movie, they really assembled an ensemble cast.. a movie with Ji Jin Hee and Takeshi Kaneshiro..wow.. although of course, we would hope that Ji Jin Hee could have more exposure and a bigger role .. :D

anyway, got to be a new fan of Ji Jin Hee after watching him in Dae Jang geum.:D Looking forward to watching him in other series. Next stop, will gonna watch him in Love Letter (got this series a year back but still hadn't had the time to watch this)

Thanks for posting news about him. Hope he gets to work on another drama this year.

finally finished reading the whole thread...

oh yeah.. during the previous pages, where he drew cartoons .. the two Japanese cartoons were from Studio Ghibli.. the first one was from Totoro and the other one I thnk from Spirited Away (one of my fave animated series of all time)..

also, perhaps love is HK's answer to Moulin Rouge. (Spectacular!SPectacular). will look forward in watching this movie (soon I hope.. i think it will never be shown in our country so i better wait for it on DVD). I think in this movie, they really assembled an ensemble cast.. a movie with Ji Jin Hee and Takeshi Kaneshiro..wow.. although of course, we would hope that Ji Jin Hee could have more exposure and a bigger role .. :D

anyway, got to be a new fan of Ji Jin Hee after watching him in Dae Jang geum.:D Looking forward to watching him in other series. Next stop, will gonna watch him in Love Letter (got this series a year back but still hadn't had the time to watch this)

Thanks for posting news about him. Hope he gets to work on another drama this year.

Hi kawaiiceres... :D

Wow..you read the whole thread! :D

I loved him in Dae Jang Geum as well...hope you enjoy Love Letter too, I became a fan of him after watching Love Letter..I sympathisized with his character so much..also really loved his acting and his looks there :)

Hope he does another drama this year too, I guess he probably will...anyway, please support him in his new movie "The secret charm of the female professor" (released in march) and "old garden" (which he is filming now) :)

A new photo of JJH: :)

2006022708173610349_1.jpg

Guest kawaiiceres

from what movie are those pics?

I had this "a-ha" moment when i saw (just recently) the behind the scenes for the music video "The day by Kim Bum Soo" . I knew before that i somehow got hold (and viewed) of this music video( from way back) since it starred Song Hye Gyo and Song Seung Hun, it is only now that I came to realize that other guy was Ji Jin Hee.. haha.. he was kinda chubby and looked so young back then..

A new photo of JJH:

20060228090024.877.0.jpg

from what movie are those pics?

I had this "a-ha" moment when i saw (just recently) the behind the scenes for the music video "The day by Kim Bum Soo" . I knew before that i somehow got hold (and viewed) of this music video( from way back) since it starred Song Hye Gyo and Song Seung Hun, it is only now that I came to realize that other guy was Ji Jin Hee.. haha.. he was kinda chubby and looked so young back then..

kawaiiceres,

Those pics are from his first movie, "H" :)

Also, thanks for the Yashimmanman link, Moose! :)

hihi

just wondering anyone saw JJH's 100 brides? it's a joint effort drama with mainland china and i just watched the first 2 epis...he looked really good but being a mainland chinese production..it's not terribly exciting PLUS PLUS PLUS he's dubbed over! ARRGH!!!

so just wondering is this drama worth prodding on?

i've seen from koreanwiz that JJH has a wife already?He's already married?? What's the name of his wife?? That made me sad because I really like him and Young-Ae to be paired together..(hoping in real life too) but looks like it will remain as a dream =(

hihi

just wondering anyone saw JJH's 100 brides? it's a joint effort drama with mainland china and i just watched the first 2 epis...he looked really good but being a mainland chinese production..it's not terribly exciting PLUS PLUS PLUS he's dubbed over! ARRGH!!!

so just wondering is this drama worth prodding on?

I finished watching the drama recently... :) I had been desperate to see this drama since a very long time ago so I was really happy when I was watching it..

Thoughts on the drama..?

I'm a crazy fan of JJH..so I was happy just looking at him, regardless of the storyline etc...

Also, as you say, he looks really good..and his looks during the first 2 epis are not all, he looks great throughout the entire drama and I would choose this drama as one of the dramas he looks the best in... :)

I also liked the way the director filmed the drama...it made me want to visit Shanghai and also captured JJH's looks very well, as well as using various camera angles to film different situations.. Also, JJH and the main actress made a good couple.. :D Most of all, for me it was a good drama because I got to see lots of things that JJH would never have done in Korean dramas. :lol:

But as for the storyline...maybe it's because I'm used to Korean dramas...but the storyline wasn't very progressive, and there seemed to be quite a lot of editing done...some situations skipped to another abruptly..also it focused on too many 'characters'..it shows so many brides until it reaches the 100th bride....and also a rather abrupt ending after a somewhat draggy storyline before that...and there are also a few other flaws here and there...

But despite these flaws...

even if it wasn't for JJH, it's a drama that made me so addicted...I laughed and cried so much watching it...

It's bad that you can't hear his voice..but actually for me, the dubbing helped me totally concentrate into that character...otherwise I would've been too busy looking at JJH's face :P also, I think the dubbing helped me see a different side of him...which was also really good.

I'm not sure whether I would recommend you to keep watching it or not...it all depends on your taste..for me, I definitely don't regret watching it...I guess as long as you don't have great expectations for the drama, then it will be worth watching. :) (and liking JJH would help too :D )

i've seen from koreanwiz that JJH has a wife already?He's already married?? What's the name of his wife?? That made me sad because I really like him and Young-Ae to be paired together..(hoping in real life too) but looks like it will remain as a dream =(

JJH married in November 2004..

His wife's name is Lee Soo Yeon, and she is a graphics designer at a famous company in Korea..

They met even before JJH became an actor..and they married after 7 years of dating. :D

So yeah...JJH and LYA won't be able to get together...but they are beautiful enough as a couple in Dae Jang Geum, right? :D

Guest kawaiiceres

finally...was able to catch him on Love Letter (finished watching it after 5 days) so far.. i still like him on DaeJangGeum.. nothing beats his character there.

I don't feel any sympathy towards his character there (sometimes he's so pathetic... other times heroic - never giving up that easily.. ).. and i personally feel that the series ended quite quickly.. lots of loose ends not tied up.. It's really not his best series .. on Dae Jang Geum.. he really shines there.. am loooking forward to watching Ji JIn Hee in some romantic comedy series.. got easily tired with dramas..

Guest sojungiee~~**

대장금!!!! fell in love with him then....

http://www.happyhome2u.com/dir/news/sports...;애-9.jpg

saw 야심 만 만 today and he likes that song tooooo!!

서시 my favorite song ever~~

i was so sad when i found out he was getting married!! hehe... but it sound like the perfect love story.... and he sounds like he is so totally in love~~ aww....~~**

Guest pure_joy

whoot. dang~!! THank you all who have kept this thread going. I'm such a late boomer for Ji Jin Hee but kept out an eye for him over his cyworld. Yes, it was there where I realised. "whoot. he's such a good looker" and then i thought in my head. "i think this guy's married" arharhar. I remember his wedding photograph with his wife.

In his cyworld, it had quite a number of really interesting pictures of JJH oppa of course. arhrahar. Course he took really great pictures of scenic views, i thought it was this guy's hobby but i think it was due to the fact, which i learnt today, he was a designer! awesome.

well, i'm still chasing Dae Jang Geum in the video at home but what's keeping me going is of course, purely cause of this guy and hee. His on screen chemistry with Lee Young Ae. awesome. and he was definitely awesome in "H". harhar. [Cho Seung Woo's his good friend? arhhar. :D] JJH's soOo cute lar. coOL smile. warmth and aiyo. SooOo "true". in any case. i think perhaps love's main focus was on Ji Jin Hee. :D [dun kill me. i ain't a fan for Takeshi. he puts me off. Ji Jin Hee + Jacky Cheung = what i'm going for! :lol:]

Am downloading that photo documentary and i can't wait anymore. And aiyo. arharhar. who's giving him the "auntie" killer tag. He kills me :D and i'm not an auntie. arhhar. :lol: arharhar. Azura. I see u :D and what i really really respect and admire for JJH, his love for his work and for his family. i wouldn't be thinking about anyone who dares to play it in the entertainment industry first, being married and next. having a son. It really protrays his. hmm. "willing to give up anything for his family" attitude and yeap. I take my hats off man. This guys totally awesome. this smart guy. arhahar. totally cool dude. and arharhar. He's such an inspiration for a student like me. "go study what you really want to" which to him is metalworks. arhharhar. :D *faints* :)

Guest ys_jen

finally...was able to catch him on Love Letter (finished watching it after 5 days) so far.. i still like him on DaeJangGeum.. nothing beats his character there.

I don't feel any sympathy towards his character there (sometimes he's so pathetic... other times heroic - never giving up that easily.. ).. and i personally feel that the series ended quite quickly.. lots of loose ends not tied up.. It's really not his best series .. on Dae Jang Geum.. he really shines there.. am loooking forward to watching Ji JIn Hee in some romantic comedy series.. got easily tired with dramas..

Really? You didn't feel any sympathy for his character in Love Letter..?

For me, even though his character in Dae Jang Geum is really the ideal type of guy, I like his character in Love Letter better...I totally sympathised with the character of 'Woo Jin' so much..his acting there was great too (especially compared to the other actors there)..I guess people have different opinions..but many JJH fans love his character in Love Letter.. :sweatingbullets: What the character did in that drama was totally understandable..

The drama Love Letter has many fans until now, even though a few years have past since it broadcasted..it's a great work recognised by many people. :)

If you want to watch a romantic comedy series by JJH, have you watched "Miss Kim's million dollar quest"? It's his drama that he acted straight after acting in Dae Jang Geum... the series gets better and better as it goes, and it's also really funny :D

대장금!!!! fell in love with him then....

http://www.happyhome2u.com/dir/news/sports...;애-9.jpg

saw 야심 만 만 today and he likes that song tooooo!!

서시 my favorite song ever~~

i was so sad when i found out he was getting married!! hehe... but it sound like the perfect love story.... and he sounds like he is so totally in love~~ aww....~~**

Yeah he looked so sincere and it was so obvious he loves his wife so much~!! I envy his wife.. :D That 서시 song has been one of his favourite songs for a long time.. :)

does ji jin hee knows how to speak in mandarin?! coz he has few chinese movies...

He only knows little mandarin...but after practicing a lot of mandarin when he filmed "Perhaps Love", his improved a lot.. (even though of course not enough to engage in a full conversation)

whoot. dang~!! THank you all who have kept this thread going. I'm such a late boomer for Ji Jin Hee but kept out an eye for him over his cyworld. Yes, it was there where I realised. "whoot. he's such a good looker" and then i thought in my head. "i think this guy's married" arharhar. I remember his wedding photograph with his wife.

In his cyworld, it had quite a number of really interesting pictures of JJH oppa of course. arhrahar. Course he took really great pictures of scenic views, i thought it was this guy's hobby but i think it was due to the fact, which i learnt today, he was a designer! awesome.

well, i'm still chasing Dae Jang Geum in the video at home but what's keeping me going is of course, purely cause of this guy and hee. His on screen chemistry with Lee Young Ae. awesome. and he was definitely awesome in "H". harhar. [Cho Seung Woo's his good friend? arhhar. ] JJH's soOo cute lar. coOL smile. warmth and aiyo. SooOo "true". in any case. i think perhaps love's main focus was on Ji Jin Hee. [dun kill me. i ain't a fan for Takeshi. he puts me off. Ji Jin Hee + Jacky Cheung = what i'm going for! ]

Am downloading that photo documentary and i can't wait anymore. And aiyo. arharhar. who's giving him the "auntie" killer tag. He kills me and i'm not an auntie. arhhar. arharhar. Azura. I see u and what i really really respect and admire for JJH, his love for his work and for his family. i wouldn't be thinking about anyone who dares to play it in the entertainment industry first, being married and next. having a son. It really protrays his. hmm. "willing to give up anything for his family" attitude and yeap. I take my hats off man. This guys totally awesome. this smart guy. arhahar. totally cool dude. and arharhar. He's such an inspiration for a student like me. "go study what you really want to" which to him is metalworks. arhharhar. *faints*

Hi pure_joy..

I guess you wouldn't get enough of him at his cyworld..he doesn't update so often now since he's so busy...actually he had lots more photos before but after temporarily closing his homepage he now only shows a few of his photos..

Taking photographs is his hobby now because he is an actor, but the reason that he likes taking photographs is not only because he was a designer, but his job was actually a photographer before he became an actor.. :D He's so talented right? He said that drawing (design)..photographs..metalworks..and acting is something he wants to do for the rest of his life.

If you loved him in H and Dae Jang Geum, I'm sure you'll love him in any drama/ movie he's in.. :D (Since both characters are so different )..anyway, hope you enjoy watching that photo documentary.. you should watch "ya shim man man" as well! I really agree with you about that auntie killer thing, JJH already killed me a long time ago and I have been long dead..hehe but I'm not an auntie either! :D

and yeah..Azura was here..but I don't see her in this thread anymore... :(

It's definite that he thinks of his family so much..and I admire JJH for so many other reasons as well, after reading JJH's interviews, I learnt so much about life..

For me, I love all the characters that he's acted so far, but I love the human "Ji Jin Hee" much more and as a totally separate person.. As JJH always says, he's not like any of the characters that he's acted so far, he's just Ji Jin Hee. :D

Anyway, I ended up agreeing with everything that you said.. lol I'm really looking forward to his new movie , it's going to be released next week!

Just remembered an interview I read this morning..he said

"Even if I stop acting today, I'm going to follow the sound of my heart (do what my heart tells me) just as I have always done.."..

Archived