Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

Guest ys_jen

I read an article about a happening at one of the premieres of "Perhaps Love".. :)

After JJH said a few words to all the audience (who were just 'normal' people..not movie stars or reporters) before the movie started, he sat down to watch the movie too. Then, he said to all the people around him one by one individually, "Please enjoy the movie, and don't laugh when I sing". Many people, surprised and very happy that a famous star spoke to them so personally, said things like "oh my gosh! wow!"... :lol:

That's why I like JJH so much, he's so different from the other stars.. :D

By the way, the whole filming for "old garden" has been delayed to January 5th... JJH said he's having a hard time trying to lose weight for the movie..I think I heard that he lost 4 kgs so far? The director told him to lose as much weight as possible.. Hope he takes care in the cold weather!

Also, this is a short making film clip of Perhaps Love with just JJH in it..you can see that his shirt is totally wet with sweat after practicing dancing so hard...

Here's the link:

mms://media1.maxmovie.com/av/Maxjinhee_making.wmv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ys_jen

I saw JJH's new year greeting clip at his homepage...I wasn't allowed to bring the clip here, so I translated what he said instead: :)

Hello, this is Ji Jin Hee.

The year 2006 has now come.

I will try my best again this year.

First, the movie "perhaps love" will release on January the 5th.

It's a beautiful love story, so please enjoy watching it.

And during the middle or end of February, the movie "the secret charm of the female professor", which is a different genre of comedy, will be released.

It's a very funny movie, so please enjoy watching it too.

Now, I'm filming a movie called "Old Garden" with Yeom Jung Hwa.

Starting with this movie, I have many plans (to act) for the first half of this year.

So it seems that I will be very busy, but I'll take care and stay healthy.

I hope you take care and be healthy too, and that whatever you do will turn out well.

Be happy, and I wish you all the best for the new year.

Hmm...from what he says in the clip, I have a feeling that maybe his next movie/drama is chosen too...I wonder what it is?

Actually, I'm not sure..but from listening to his voice in his most recent interview clips, I think that he has a slight cold... :( I don't blame him, I heard that it's so cold in Korea!

I hope he really stays healthy, especially since he is filming in the countryside!

Guest ANJEE<3

Well said. With the sweetest smile too.

02.jpg

DEFINATELY!!

i ADORE him... his smiles is filled with warmth ^^"

i think he looks better with the beard though in Dae Jang Guem XD

Guest ys_jen

JJH's Pictures from Men's Uno magazine Jan 2006 issue: :)

The cover

hp01p.jpg

v06pa.jpg

v06pb.jpg

v06p.jpg

Also, I found out that the first scene that was filmed for JJH's new movie "old garden" was JJH's scene. :D The scene was about JJH finally meeting his family after serving his long sentence in jail..

In the book, the way "Hyun Woo" (his character) feels after being finally freed is described in great detail, and I really loved the way the writer put it..it made me think a lot..I hope that JJH can portray it well...

And now he's filming the part where he spends time with (and loves) the female main character in the countryside.. :)

Ji Jin Hee stamps will be released in Japan on the 31st of January.. :)

and JJH will be going to Japan to meet his fans on the 18th of February.. :)

Here is a picture of the stamp

200601170644491110_1.jpg

In KBS (Korean broadcasting station) there's a 30 minute program called "Photo Docu" (short for Photo documentary), and it focuses on one famous star each week. It's a program that started only recently, so they pick the greatest star who is one of the biggest issue at the time (I guess at least until they run out of stars to focus on.. :P ). So far they have done stars such as Song Hye Kyo, Lee Byung Hun, etc...

On the 31st of January, they will broadcast the documentary on Ji Jin Hee. :D

The program interviews the star's friends, shows the actors filming, and reveals many hidden information(? or episodes) about the stars. :) I'm very looking forward to it..

• 2 weeks later...

Preview for JJH's "Photo Docu":

(broadcasted on the 31st of Jan)

The actor with a friendly charisma, Ji Jin Hee!

He is an actor that is in the middle of the "Korean Wave", as one of the most popular Korean actors in Asia.

He has warm eyes and a warm smile,

and his soft and calm voice makes him

a truthful actor who can capture a person's heart.

In this episode, we reveal his miniature models (I'm not sure..but I think they mean the miniature models he made of trains, ships, planes, etc..it's one of his favourite hobbies :D ) for the first time on television, and the things he personally made to give to people as a gift, and his dream portfolio that he made when he was dreaming to be a photographer...

Ji Jin Hee in his 'normal' life is a person who has great talent in art and making things.

The truth of the rumour "Ji Jin Hee is a woman (auntie) killer", and also a new side of him, "The close relationship of Ji Jin Hee and a street gangster..." will be revealed.

Actors such as Takeshi Kaneshiro, Zhou Xun, Cho Seung Woo, Soo Ae, Jo Hyun Jae, Lee Hee Do (he's the older brother of Lady Choi in DJG) , and 'Dae Jang Geum''s Director Lee, 'Juliet's man''s director Oh, 'Love Letter''s Director Kim, and opinion leaders such as Photographer Park Ki Sook and Park Hoo Man, Reporter Bae Gook Nam and Baek Hyun Joo, and translator Uhm Yoon Sun will talk about actor Ji Jin Hee's 'usual' life and his warmth inside.

really really looking forward to it! :lol:

Ji Jin Hee stamps will be released in Japan on the 31st of January.. :)

and JJH will be going to Japan to meet his fans on the 18th of February.. :)

Here is a picture of the stamp

200601170644491110_1.jpg

In KBS (Korean broadcasting station) there's a 30 minute program called "Photo Docu" (short for Photo documentary), and it focuses on one famous star each week. It's a program that started only recently, so they pick the greatest star who is one of the biggest issue at the time (I guess at least until they run out of stars to focus on.. :P ). So far they have done stars such as Song Hye Kyo, Lee Byung Hun, etc...

On the 31st of January, they will broadcast the documentary on Ji Jin Hee. :D

The program interviews the star's friends, shows the actors filming, and reveals many hidden information(? or episodes) about the stars. :) I'm very looking forward to it..

wow.....the stamps look good... :)

[KBS] Photo Documentary on Ji Ji Jee

a8ki.jpg

avail @ my CB: http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

thanks so much creidesca! :D (but.. you wrote his name wrong..it's Ji JIN hee... :P)

I was trying to download it from another site but it was taking too long...I think I'll download it from your clubbox...it will definitely be much faster!

He was really good in H.

H had such a eering opening theme song. haha

I really like him in H too.. :) Looking forward to his new movie since he's acting again with Yeom Jung Hwa (the leading actress in H)..both of them have improved their acting skills tremendously since then.. :D

The official Korean homepage of the movie "The secret charm of the female professor" (or "Bewitching Attraction" seems to be the English title for it.. ) is finally open :D

This is the address: www.mkpictures.co.kr/hotlady

The home page is like in a pop-up window, so make sure you allow pop ups on your computer..If you still can't get in, I think this is the direct address..

http://www.mkpictures.co.kr/mkb_movie/hotlady/swf/main.htm

In the home page you can see the trailer, posters, movie images etc...the menus are all in English so foreign people can see it too..

Most of all, I hope that you can go to the "free board" (inside "board" menu) and write a message supporting JJH! :lol:

(I think you need to have the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player to visit the site, I'm not sure..)

I think...the movie will be released on 9th of March. :) (I'm not really sure if it's confirmed though..)

A brief translation for JJH's "Photo Docu" (only the important parts, usually just the interviews of his friends) for those who have downloaded it from creidesca's clubbox, or if not you can also download it from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4E46JA8E

04:12 (4 minutes 12 seconds)

Narrator: "Chinese, and dancing. He wasn't familiar with any of this, but he had to complete all this in one week. Many people told him it will be an impossible task, but he worked believing what he had all his life - The value of his sweat." (Notice the sweat on his shirt)

04:43

Interview with his Chinese translator: "Ji Jin Hee came one day to the Perhaps Love filming and told me that "I dreamt all night in Chinese!!"

He practiced Chinese with me dividing all the syllables into Korean words, and practiced whenever he opened his eyes."

05:56

Narrator: "This is the studio he planned his life as a photographer before he became an actor. He never knew that he would be more infront of the camera than he was behind it.

The sketch books are drawings and photos that he spent all night with. He dreamt his life cutting, making, and drawing things. From the sketch books you can see that he was an extremely hardworking person."

"But suddenly and unexpectedly, his life changed one day."

06:52

Interview with Photographer Park: "He was the substitute for Takeshi Kaneshiro" (the actor from Perhaps love).

"In 1998, Takeshi kaneshiro contracted to film for a coffee commercial in korea. But we had to refilm some parts, but Takeshi kaneshiro said he won't film anymore because his contract time finished. Ji Jin Hee at that time (1998) was a photographer then, and he looked very similar to Takeshi kaneshiro. So he became the substitute for the refilming."

Narrator: "It was Ji Jin Hee who was the substitute for the side view of Takeshi kaneshiro in that commercial. After that, he was asked for one year to be an actor."

08:04

(This is just an interview with Juliet's Man's director...he's just talking about how it was a gamble to cast JJH in his drama because at that time he was just starting to be an actor, with no acting skills)

08:56

Interview with Director Lee, of Dae jang geum:

"The gangsters were Ji Jin Hee's fans."

"Some gangsters invaded the DJG filming place. The staff were all worried just in case something went wrong. But afterwards, Ji Jin Hee came, and we found out that they were JJH's fans! So they suddenly they changed the mood and started being extremely nice to us, because they were so happy to see Ji Jin Hee."

10:30

Interview with a detective: "He was more real than a real detective"

(This is just saying that JJH and Yeom Jung Ah worked with real detectives for preparation for the movie "H", and he soon became like a real detective)

Narrator: "He had to speak words that he never spoke before for this movie (swear words). So he practiced writing a diary even like his character Detective kang."

12:11

Interview with Director Kim of Love Letter: "He always wears the same black jacket"

"I think it was 1988..he was wearing this black jacket. And even when I met him a few weeks ago, he was wearing the same jacket! So much that I even asked "do you even wash that?"

12:45

Interview with Soo Ae, (she said that JJH is a very honest person)

13:28

Interview with Jo Seung Woo: "JJH can't staty still. He always does the work..if we go travelling, he sets up the barbecue, goes around looking for good quality meat, etc.."

13:53

Narrator: This is the restaurant that JJH goes most often. As you can see, he's a person who goes for the content rather than looks. (from the fact that he eats delicious food not expensive food)

14:40

Interview with the cook: "He eats well anything that we give him. When he comes to our restaurant, he brings snacks and even homemade blueberry wine for us to eat and drink. It was very delicious"

15:15

(narrator saying that he likes collecting these robot models, and that he can even make them)

15:26

Jo Hyun Jae: "I went to JJH's house before, and he has a whole line of miniature models..of everything. Guns, ship, trains, robots..he makes them, and colours (paints) them all himself one by one.

15:51

Narrator: He's very talented and detailed. He not only makes toys, but also sews up one by one small bags to put his most valuable possession - his cameras. And he draws on his scenario (or drama lines that he says) book to make it a unique scenario book that exists in the world. It's something that his fans want most.

16:24

Jo Seung Woo: Once he drew a drawing of me..and it was exactly the same as me! I was so surprised..he spent a few days just drawing that for me..so I was really happy that he thinks of me so much.

17:05

Yeom Jung Ah: "He always says to me.."Jung Ah, You're the best! You can do it!" He's a person that gives people around him confidence."

17:23

Director Lee: "The good image that you see on TV...it is because it's the actor, or the human Ji Jin Hee is really like that. That's why he can portray this kind of character better than others. He's a good actor".

End narration: He was a late starting actor. But now he is a national actor and an Asian star. Whatever he is, wherever he is, he always remains truthful, honest, and serious about his work.The future of Ji Jin Hee is bright because he has made the present with truth.

hope you enjoy it! :D

I just read a lot of articles on his visit to Japan .. :lol:

The articles said that many many fans came to visit JJH at the airport... :)

and that on the day he arrived, he did many interviews, and on the 17th (which is today) he is having his "postage stamp" event. On this event, there was originally supposed to be 200 reporters..but 400 reporters wanted to come..and the article said that this shows his popularity and the interest that the Japanese have on JJH..

On the 18th, he's going to have a fan meeting with his Japanese fans, and all 3400 tickets to his fan meetings were sold. :)

Also, NHK is planning to broadcast a one hour "Ji Jin Hee special" program. :D

Here's a photo of JJH at the airport:

20060217084008.175.0.jpg

Here are some more photos from his interviews with the Japanese media.. :) In the interviews, he said that he can give up everything for love. :D

chijini.jpg

20060217162009.852.0.jpg

qrel217.jpg

qrel2170.jpg

Archived