Quantcast

Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

An article said that JJH will be going to China on the 29th of November for 2 nights 3 days to promote Perhaps Love. :)

And he'll be going to Hong Kong again on the 6th of December :D

And the filming for his new movie "old garden" will start from tomorrow...(even though JJH may not start from tomorrow since it depends on which scene they're starting from..)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'I Have a Lover' (behind the scenes)  cr. jinheesky

'I Have a Lover' (behind the scenes) cr. baidu

Guest minamijaa

I LOVE him..He's such a cool actor :wub: ..Very good at facial expression..

Here's some more pics of him n KHJ in Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest..I totally fancy this drama :lol:

11706563363986l.jpg

1170648214989l.jpg

Guest rainz*gurl

i found dis article in the local newspaper dis morning....

Looks and more

By LI EE KEE

Just like his character Min Jong-ho in last year’s South Korean hit drama Jewel in the Palace, Ji Jin-hee is a man of few words. During a recent 15-minute phone interview with the good-looking actor, every question was met with a concise (and almost trite) answer.

The only time during the humdrum interview where he surprised us with his sense of humour was when he was asked who between co-star Takeshi Kaneshiro and he was better looking.

“I am,” answered the father-to-be (his wife is expecting their first child soon). “I am manlier than he is.” Everyone burst out laughing.

Ji was calling from Hong Kong where he was promoting Perhaps Love. Ji, who is also the story’s narrator, portrays a modern day Cupid, descended on Earth to explore the meaning of love, and in the process mends the estranged relationship between two long-separated lovers.

Asked if he believes in angels (seeing that he plays one), Ji admitted that he is a believer “although I don’t think their power is great because the world has many sick and unhappy people.”

Is he happy then? “Yes, I am. There are moments when I am sad but I try to keep an optimistic outlook on things,” Ji said, adding that one of the things that makes him happy is when his work as an actor receives good comments.

Well, this 34-year-old mechanical engineering major will be delighted to know that he has been getting glowing feedback from director Peter Chan and co-star Jacky Cheung.

Chan commended on his professionalism while Cheung praised his singing skills. Ji, who learned Mandarin from scratch, delivers several Chinese numbers in the movie.

“Well, he (Cheung) couldn’t possibly have said otherwise, can he?” quipped Ji.

“I had the opportunity to hear him sing and he is fantastic.”

Ji’s role was initially offered to Andy Lau, who turned it down due to his busy schedule. Chan then contacted Ji, who flew to Hong Kong three days later for auditions.

“It was an interesting character and I got to work with a good director and cast,” explained Ji on his reasons for accepting the part.

“I had a happy experience working with everyone and learned a lot, especially how the other actors analysed and prepared for their roles.”

credits http://www.star-ecentral.com/

An article said that JJH will be going to China on the 29th of November for 2 nights 3 days to promote Perhaps Love. :)

And he'll be going to Hong Kong again on the 6th of December :D

And the filming for his new movie "old garden" will start from tomorrow...(even though JJH may not start from tomorrow since it depends on which scene they're starting from..)

He's one busy man right now....

that's a good sign! :)

Guest rainz*gurl

the article even spotted a pic of ji jin hee wearing a tall hat n suit... (makes me think of johnny depp in charlie n the chocolate factory ^^)

cant wait to hear JJH singing in chinese ^^

Layers of love in Perhaps Love

By MICHAEL CHEANG

When he was in Kuala Lumpur recently to promote Perhaps Love, the first Chinese musical film in 30 years; director Peter Chan Ho-sun took every opportunity to remind everyone of one very important thing – that the movie is NOT a musical.

“Perhaps Love is a love story, not a musical. It’s not even being promoted as a musical,” the long-haired, bespectacled director kept stressing over and over again. “It is not a musical in the conventional sense. My characters don’t break out into song.

“Initially, it was a challenge to balance the over-the-top element in musicals and the subtleties of a movie. In the end, the method I used to overcome that was to make a movie-within-a-movie.”

In the movie, Takeshi Kaneshiro plays actor Lin Jian Dong, the star in a new musical helmed by renowned director, Nie Wen (Jacky Cheung). Coincidentally, Lin’s co-star, Sun Na (Zhou Xun), is a former lover who left him a decade earlier for Nie who made her a star.

Taiwanese heartthrob Takeshi Kaneshiro plays actor Lin Jian Dong in Peter Chan Ho-sun’s (pic below) new flick, Perhaps Love.

Ironically, the musical they are starring in centres on a love triangle which features Lin and Sun in leading roles, with director Nie (playing the role of the circus owner) as the third part of the triangle. In it, an amnesiac woman who has forgotten everything (even her lover) is saved from the streets by a generous circus owner, whom she later falls in love with. However, when she recovers her memory, she finds herself torn between her past and present.

At the same time, an angel called Montage (played by Korean actor Ji Jin-hee) appears in Shanghai yearning for a taste of genuine human emotions, and is drawn towards the jealousy, hatred and passion that ensue within the love triangle.

According to Chan, the movie musical that Perhaps Love resembles the most would be 1972’s Cabaret, starring Liza Minnelli and Michael York.

“Cabaret is not a classic musical-type musical. It is very realistic. That was what I was trying to achieve with this movie,” he explained during an interview at GSC Midvalley Golden Lounge in Kuala Lumpur recently.

As he stresses over and over again, Perhaps Love is all about love, a subject that he is very familiar with, having made his name with critically acclaimed love stories such as 1994’s He’s A Woman, She’s A Man (which was awarded the Best Film of the Year by the Directors Guild of Hong Kong), and 1997’s Comrades: Almost a Love Story, which won an unprecedented nine awards at the Hong Kong Film Awards that year, including Best Film and Best Director.

Perhaps Love is a film that defines every single aspect of love in a single film, said Chan. “Everything I could think of in terms of love and relationships is in that movie. It depicts different levels of maturity in love, and everyone who watches it will have a different view of it, depending on how old you are.”

To pull off a multi-layered love story movie-cum-musical like this, choosing the proper cast was immensely important. Fortunately, Chan managed to get all three of his first choice actors for the three main roles – Taiwanese heartthrob actor Takeshi Kaneshiro, Hong Kong’s veteran actor/singer Jacky Cheung and established actress-singer Zhou Xun from China. Rounding up the multi-national cast is Korean star Ji Jin-hee (Jewel in the Palace).

Chan described Zhou Xun as a “very likeable and emotionally effecting girl who can make you cry”. “The character of Sun Na is that of a girl who has to give up something very precious to her. For that, I needed a real actress, and Zhou Xun was my first choice for the role,” said Chan.

“In Takeshi’s case, he was the only actor I knew who looks naive enough to love someone for 10 years,” Chan laughed. “It was also important that he was not young enough to look too naive, and at the same time, he also didn’t look so old that he just looks stupid.

“As for Jacky, there is really no one else in the region who can sing and act as well as he can. We also needed someone who was old and mature enough for the role, and yet still exude a different type of charm that can compete with someone like Takeshi for the girl’s heart.”

Another leading cast member who was Chan’s first choice was Korean actor Ji Jin-hee, who was roped in after Andy Lau was forced to pull out due to contractual problems. “Initially, we had planned for Lau to be a talk-show-host-like narrator who introduces the film and the characters, but when he pulled out, we changed the intro into a slower one and cast Ji Jin-hee as an angel who rekindles memories in the lead characters instead.”

Chan said that Perhaps Love was one of the most stressful movies he’d ever made.

“I think I aged five years in last 10 weeks I was making the film! It was a very scary process, and it was the most stressful (movie) set I’ve ever been on. Every day was a gamble to see if we could finish filming what we’d set out to film, and I felt very uneasy at the end of each day,” he recalled. “Furthermore, the fact that I had not shot a single full-length Chinese film in the last 10 years gave me even more pressure.”

As for the future, Chan doubts he would be attempting something as elaborate and complex as Perhaps Love. In fact, he admits to be a little bit sick of filming love stories for now.

One thing is for sure though, we won’t be seeing any action movies from this director. “I have no interest at all in action movies. Even when I am watching them on a VCD, I tend to fast-forward all the action bits where there is no one talking.”

One of his dream projects would be to make a realistic Chinese period film.

“Many period films today do not have an element of realism. There is always the feeling that what you see on-screen is all made-up and fake,” he lamented.

“I want to make a film that will give you the realism of that particular age, and show the real way of life back then, and make you feel as though you’ve gone back in time.”

Perhaps Love was funded by Astro Shaw, with worldwide distribution by Celestial Pictures. The movie will open on Dec 7.

cant seem to find the perhaps love thread... so hope u guys dun mind me postin these here.... ^^

A mature role

By MICHAEL CHEANG

When director Peter Chan was looking for an actress from China who could sing, dance and act to star in his new musical Perhaps Love, one name stood out at the top of his list – Zhou Xun.

With a background in folk dance training at the Hangzhou arts school, award-winning performances in various Chinese TV series, a best newcomer award by the Brand Ingrid Millet Paris for her role in The Little Chinese Seamstress, and a hit music record under her belt, Zhou would appear to be over-qualified for the role, and her enthusiasm for the role as the icy Sun Na was evident during a phone interview from China.

“I was very excited when I found out that Perhaps Love had a lot of singing and dancing. When I arrived on location and saw the beautiful set, I was even happier!” she enthused.

The character she plays is a drastic departure for the 27-year-old, who is better known for playing docile young women in her previous TV roles.

Chinese actress Zhou Xun is Sun Na in Perhaps Love.

“It’s true that Sun Na is very different from all my previous roles, and a lot more mature too. She is a very pragmatic person who is willing to give up that which she loves most. She doesn’t want love, she just wants to be famous,” said Zhou. “After this, I don’t think I can go back to doing the ‘innocent girl’ type of role, because my perception of life and my feelings have changed now.”

Zhou is no stranger to Peter Chan’s work, having watched and loved his award-winning film Comrades: Almost a Love Story.

“I loved the way he handles emotions with such detail,” she said. “On set, he is very open, and would always take suggestions from the cast and add them to the movie. It was also the first time I’d worked with a director who was so serious about the post-production that he did it all himself.

“I remember one time when we were filming a scene by the swimming pool. I was feeling very nervous and scared, so I told Peter. He advised me to take it easy and don’t be too anxious because ‘it’s just a movie’. I was no longer nervous after that,” she recalled.

She also had nothing but praise for her fellow male leads. “Jacky (Cheung) is a very humble and down-to-earth person, who is very experienced and serious about his work. I used to think I was already professionally very mature and experienced, but when I saw him in action, I realised that I had a long way to go and that there was so much more I could learn from him.”

As for Takeshi Kaneshiro, Zhou described the Taiwanese heartthrob as a “very quiet person”. “He has a very low-profile and quiet personality, which is very rare among actors these days,” she said. “I also admire (Korean actor) Ji Jin-hee, because he was willing to take a risk to do a movie that is not in his mother tongue.”

*all articles taken fr http://www.star-ecentral.com/*

Thanks for the articles rainz*gurl :D

I heard that Perhaps Love won the 'best foreign film' award at the New York Queens International Film Festival. :D

Here's another part of an article about the director explaining about JJH: :)

Ji Jin-Hee

"Although he only came on board later to replace the original person I had in mind (Andy Lau), I feel I could not find someone else to play the role of the muse better than Ji Jin Hee.

"With his mellow and reliable disposition, he balances the extreme characters of Takeshi and Zhou Xun and he fits this remote character perfectly."

Guest minamijaa

Have u guys got the chance to watch a video clip in which Ji Jin Hee starring together with SHK n another guy (Song Seung Hun). It entitled 'Once Upon A Day' if I'm not mistaken..unfortunately, I dun know who was the singer...I cried everytime I watch it... :unsure:

Thanks Ha Tinh Nhi! :lol:

Have u guys got the chance to watch a video clip in which Ji Jin Hee starring together with SHK n another guy (Song Seung Hun). It entitled 'Once Upon A Day' if I'm not mistaken..unfortunately, I dun know who was the singer...I cried everytime I watch it... :unsure:

Yeah I've seen the music video you're talking about :D It was so sad... :(

The singer was Kim Bum Soo... :)

Oh....the other guy was him??

I have that MV n i was so into SSH at that time...

**run to rewatch** :D

Oh....the other guy was him??

I have that MV n i was so into SSH at that time...

**run to rewatch** :D

lol....azura, i dint notice him in that MV too..until someone pointed it out to me.. :lol:

lol....azura, i dint notice him in that MV too..until someone pointed it out to me.. :lol:

You too??

can't blame us cos that MV was out right after Autumn in My Heart....

everybody was crazy for SHK n SSH then, in a way or two JJH has been neglected....

haha..me too.. :P when I first saw the MV I didn't know who JJH was...I only watched it because the MV was quite a big issue at the time because of the SSH-SHG pairing (as Azura said)... and then after I became a JJH fan I watched it again, even though by that time I forgot I had already watched it before..while I was watching I thought this MV was very familiar... :lol: I think the MV must have been the first time I saw JJH.. :)

Anyway, JJH wrote on his fan site back then that he had a good time in Canada while they were filming this MV. :D

azura, i d/l it coz of shk, ssh ..... it was a sad ending for jjh tho..i wish he dint have to die :(

jen, me too!! i tink that MV is the first time i saw JJH..but i dint know him them... :lol: i'm glad i've kept a copy of that MV in my computer. :lol:

azura, i d/l it coz of shk, ssh ..... it was a sad ending for jjh tho..i wish he dint have to die :(

jen, me too!! i tink that MV is the first time i saw JJH..but i dint know him them... :lol: i'm glad i've kept a copy of that MV in my computer. :lol:

never seen the MV before, do you think you can send me the MV? Send to conniestgoh@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks!

never seen the MV before, do you think you can send me the MV? Send to conniestgoh@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks!

i'll try if it can be attached to the email..if not, i'll YSI it or clubbox it.

• Jillia changed the title to Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover