[THE OFFICIAL] BLΛƆKPIИK (블랙핑크) THREAD / BORN PINK World Tour

kimlees

BLACKPINK’s Lisa And Jeon Somi Hang Out + Play Animal Crossing Together

On the latest episode of “I Am Somi,” Jeon Somi had fun brewing alcohol and bonding with BLACKPINK’s Lisa!

On April 25, Jeon Somi’s reality show “I Am Somi” released its fifth episode.

The singer had previously told the show’s staff that she wanted to visit a brewery specializing in makgeolli (rice wine), and during the episode, she was delighted to find out that she would be learning how to make the rice wine as a one-day employee.

After learning about the entire process by participating firsthand, Jeon Somi got to bottle the makgeolli to take home and share with her loved ones.

A few days later, she met up with producer Teddy at The Black Label’s studio, where they discussed the popular video game Animal Crossing.

Jeon Somi remarked, “Everyone’s into this game these days. Everyday, I meet up with [BLACKPINK’s] Jisoo in Animal Crossing late at night.” She added that Jisoo gifted her virtual rent money, which she happily accepted.

BLACKPINK member Lisa then visited the studio and pulled out her own Nintendo Switch to show off her cute Animal Crossing character.

However, the two singers had a hard time sitting still as the smell of nearby fried chicken enticed them. After contemplating whether or not they should wait for Teddy, they decided to just do a taste test to “make sure” the chicken was yummy.

Jeon Somi told Lisa about her experience making makgeolli, and Lisa shared, “Jennie and Chaeyoung [Rosé’s Korean name] like rice wine a lot.” Jeon Somi then gifted Lisa four bottles of rice wine to share with her fellow members.

Later, Jeon Somi showed Lisa a video of the choreography for her upcoming title track.

The BLACKPINK member, who is currently appearing as a dance mentor on the Chinese survival show “Youth with You,” watched intently before giving advice.

BLACKPINK’s Jennie Talks About Being Influential, Working In The Fashion Industry, And More

BLACKPINK’s Jennie looks breathtaking in a photo shoot for Vogue magazine!

For the May pictorial, Jennie showcased her versatility as an artist and as a model with her captivating poses and alluring gaze.

In the interview that followed the photo shoot, Jennie drew out her path of becoming a musician. She shared, “I don’t exactly remember when I first sang and danced in front of people. I enjoyed singing and dancing since I was young. When I look back at photos from that time, there are a lot of pictures of me singing or dancing. My daily life was singing and dancing with friends.”

Already, Jennie has participated in three photo shoots for Vogue, and she has been taking an active part in the fashion industry as a global ambassador for Chanel. Jennie picked the 2019 Fall/Winter Chanel Show as a very memorable experience for her. She explained, “Being able to witness Karl Lagerfeld’s last collection was probably an honor for all the people present.” Jennie also revealed that although she initially thought it was a difficult burden to work with such a big brand, she now enjoys the work. She said, “When creating a new visual with a brand I like, I feel a different type of accomplishment and pride than when working on music.”

Jennie also talked about breaking boundaries as an artist. She explained that it still feels strange and unbelievable that she has worked so closely with the fashion industry despite being a musician. When asked if she has any hopes of launching her own fashion line like Rihanna, who she watched and listened to often as a trainee, Jennie shared, “I haven’t thought of it yet, but I would want to portray a comfortable and natural side of myself if I were to start my own fashion brand. A brand that people can wear easily and comfortably rather than an extravagant one.”

Besides her work in the fashion industry, Jennie also shared that she wants to continue to grow as an artist and learn about photography if the opportunity comes. She described the beautiful sky as the subject she wants to capture on film, elaborating that staring blankly at the sky makes her happy. Jennie also added that she enjoys using film cameras and listening to Chet Baker’s old LPs.

In addition to filming with her adorable dog Kuma, Jennie’s mother also visited the set to support her daughter during the middle of the photo shoot. Jennie explained that her family members are the people who made her who she is today with her mother being one of the biggest influences.

Jennie also touched upon her influence to people all over the world. She stated, “Since my job is to stand in front of the general public, there are many people who are influenced by me. Due to that reason, that much responsibility follows. Since I also nurtured my dreams by looking at artists I admired, I think I could also have an influence on someone’s life.”

Finally, Jennie wrapped up her thoughts by saying it is still difficult to believe how many people have sent love to BLACKPINK, resolving to work even harder for the fans. She shared, “My heart fills up with gratitude whenever fans give an immediate response. We get direct energy when we perform at concerts for tours. Strangely, when fans enthusiastically support me and love BLACKPINK’s music, I forget all about the difficult process of getting there.”