[Drama 2017] Missing Nine 미씽나인

Go Seung Ji

Baek Jin-hee courted to play lead in castaway drama Missing 9

by chickachunga | October 7, 2016 | No Comments

bjh1.jpg

And the Missing 9 casting saga continues. Because this drama has undergone so many changes (seriously, so many!), I guess it makes sense that even casting is still up in the air.

Missing 9 (formerly known as Picnic, formerly known as Gaia) went from being a tale about a group of idols stuck on an island in what sounded like Lost lite to a story about a washed-up k-pop star turned reporter (Jung Kyung-ho) and his stylist who have to fend for themselves after their plane crashes. The change in narrative occurred as a result of the scribe switcheroo when the Angry Mom writer was replaced with the more seasoned writer of Police Unit 38. EXO’s Chanyeol and Lee Sun-bin (Police Unit 38) have withstood all the project changes thus far and have confirmed supporting roles in Missing 9.

read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/baek-jin-hee-courted-to-play-lead-in-castaway-drama-missing-9/

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yang Dong-geun in contention to join Missing 9

by javabeans | October 10, 2016 | 3 Comments

yangdonggeun_15.jpg

Missing 9 casting continues, with Yang Dong-geun (Three Musketeers, Hero) currently in the mix to take a role in the MBC drama about a former K-pop star and a stylist who crash-land on an island (formerly titled Picnic and Gaia). Last we heard, Jung Kyung-ho (One More Happy Ending) and Baek Jin-hee (Pride and Prejudice) were in contention to headline, with Exo’s Chanyeol and Lee Sun-bin (Police Unit 38) onboard in supporting roles.

My first thought upon hearing this casting possibility was that maybe Yang Dong-geun would be using his rap-star background to join the pop-star lead, but it turns out the role he’s considering is of a good, warm-hearted prosecutor who hides his identity in order to get to the bottom of his little brother’s death. I have to admit I’m a teensy bit disappointed that the role isn’t weirder, funnier, or more badass, not because he’s not great at playing good and warm, but because I think he really shines in quirky characters. Who else could make nose-picking so hilarious?

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/yang-dong-geun-in-contention-to-join-missing-9/

• 2 weeks later...

What's this?. A 'Gilligand Island' remake?. With Gilligand, the captain, the professor, husband and wife millionaires, the farm girl, and a movie star, that's 7. Who are the 2 new characters?. I don't mind this remake as long as they have a lot of bikini sun bathing scenes in it. I hope the audience is ready for a lot of flesh bouncing on the beach,....if you know what I mean?. :blush:

[NB] Chanyeol and more cast in SM produced drama 'Missing Nine'

2016111408333854634_1_99_20161114101009.
screenshot-entertain.naver.com%2B2016-11

ArticleEXO Chanyeol, Lee Sun Bin, Choi Tae Joon, Ryu Won confirmed for 'Missing Nine'

Source: Star News via Naver

1. [+853, -150] First time in a while I've been so unattracted to a drama

2. [+524, -88] Ha... Sun Bin has been on the rise lately but all the choices have been wrong from starring in MC Mong's music video to this drama..

3. [+451, -149] I personally like Chanyeol but I find his acting cringeworthy...

4. [+160, -12] 'Jealousy Incarnate' is SM's drama too ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+88, -21] Isn't SM the production company for this drama????

6. [+17, -2] Really looking forward to Choi Tae Joon after seeing him on 'WGM'... I've been liking Lee Sun Bin too after 'I Live Alone', can't wait for this drama

7. [+11, -2] Why is Lee Sun Bin everywhere now though??? I see her everywhere

8. [+46, -14] A drama that takes place on a lost island, seems like a fresh plot for once! Can't wait for the pilot!

source

• 2 weeks later...

Meet the plane crash survivors of MBC’s Missing 9

by tineybeanie | December 2, 2016 | 39 Comments

http://1d8hp2rplsf3sp5too74go3z.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/missing9.jpg

Jung Kyung-ho, Oh Jung-se, Choi Tae-joon, Chanyeol, Baek Jin-hee, Lee Sun-bin, Ryu Won, Kim Sang-ho, Tae Hang-ho

Remember the castaway drama Gaia, which turned into the idol-filled Picnic, and then into mid-life crisis story Missing 9? Well after multiple cast overhauls, two name changes, and one writer switch, it looks like things are moving forward for the upcoming MBC drama. Finalized background descriptions for the main nine characters have been released, along with the first stills of our castaways in character.

The plot of Missing 9 starts with an unexpected plane crash that causes a widespread panic in Korea due to the disappearance of nine people, including some influential figures in the entertainment industry. The following are the characters who make up the Missing 9:

Jung Kyung-ho (One More Happy Ending) is set to play a washed-up top star who has landed on hard times. Once the leader of a popular idol band, his public image was ruined, and he is now reduced to being a D-list fringe celeb. Playing Jung Kyung-ho’s kind manager who has been loyal to him throughout the years is actor Oh Jung-se (Beautiful Mind).

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/meet-the-plane-crash-survivors-of-mbcs-missing-9/

Archived