[Drama/Show 2016] Iron Lady / After The Show Ends - Waiting for engsub

quockhanh45

@quockhanh45, Thank you for starting the thread.  
Waves to other friends here,, @valsava, @jongski, and everyone else here.    depositphotos_20944371-Funny-cat-with-he

Thank you also for all the updates

I am also not into variety, but the concept here intrigued me.

On 7/2/2016 at 1:12 PM, jongski said:

@quockhanh45 is this sub?

On 7/2/2016 at 8:15 PM, quockhanh45 said:

Too bad. No sub.  :bawling:

On 7/16/2016 at 2:01 PM, reyna0804 said:

really??? no one is subbing this? or recap atleast? :bawling:

i want to know what they're saying!

It may be too late, but I just found out that Viki actually has a channel for it, but under the name "After the Play Ends."

https://www.viki.com/tv/31850c-after-the-play-ends

Lets try to get it licensed by clicking on + sign to follow the channel and submitting title request forms (multiple)

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Lets hope it does get licensed. Better late than never...

So sad to see the ratings for this show is getting lower and lower. I like this show very much. It's interesting. 

I'm shipping Yoon So hee & Ha Suk Jin to death. They look so cute together and they are both super brainy. But I find HSJ seems cold towards YSH sometimes.  MH is extremely adorable and he is wearing his heart on his sleeve with his super big crush on SH. 

Can't understand what SukJin talked about on latest episode. Have to wait for mandarin sub but I can read Chinese characters well. :(

I know Soo hee has a crush on Suk Jin but do you think Suk Jin likes her too? I know he was interested in her during her guest appearance in Problematic Men where she showed the boys how smart she is. 

Hope to see SukJin & Soohee  do a drama together as main leads. They are both very good actors.

17 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

So sad to see the ratings for this show is getting lower and lower. I like this show very much. It's interesting. 

I'm shipping Yoon So hee & Ha Suk Jin to death. They look so cute together and they are both super brainy. But I find HSJ seems cold towards YSH sometimes.  MH is extremely adorable and he is wearing his heart on his sleeve with his super big crush on SH. 

Can't understand what SukJin talked about on latest episode. Have to wait for mandarin sub but I can read Chinese characters well. :(

I know Soo hee has a crush on Suk Jin but do you think Suk Jin likes her too? I know he was interested in her during her guest appearance in Problematic Men where she showed the boys how smart she is. 

Hope to see SukJin & Soohee  do a drama together as main leads. They are both very good actors.

I'm also slightly shipping YSH & HSJ too. I saw her appearance on Problematic Men, and they both were a bit flirty. However, it seems to be that YSH has a bigger crush on HSJ. It seems at times that HSJ seems interested in YSH, but I don't know if he's holding back because 1) he's 11 years older or 2) he doesn't want to reveal too much to the cameras (the variety part of the show). This show in the beginning had me confused with the drama in a variety concept. Now that I've gotten used to it, I'm rooting for YSH & HSJ. Yura is just too bubbly for me, but it seems that Ahn bo-Hyun has a crush on her as well. 

Saw the latest with Chinese sub so some bits I don't quite understand the Chinese characters.

Yes at times it sees HSJ likes YSH but he can be so cold towards her that hurts her feelings. He confused her by blowing hot & cold. She tries to get to know him and to better understand him but at times he rebuffs her. Sometimes I feel like he only sees YSH as little girl but Yura more spicy for him.  However I feel that Yura is quite fake with her laughing all the time. She doesn't show her true self. 

I'm not sure if I understood correctly that ABH said he would have chosen YSH over Yura. If HSJ continues to be so cold towards YSH, she might choose to go with MinHyuk in the end who is so sweet to her and looks after her well.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw ep 8 raw. Didn't know what they were talking about. YSH choose Minhyuk and he got the ending with Iron Lady which I think should be right as he rooted and supported Iron Lady from beginning to end. However between the casts, don't know what happened. Minhyuk did made a great effort to please YSH ... bought her gifts and bring her to a fun place like aquarium. Then took lots of pictures of her and them together.  He sure knows how to chase a girl. HSJ is too cool & cold with YSH. Not sure he is doing it because he is not interested in her or didn't want to show to camera what he really feels. A girl can only take this much coolness, after awhile a girl will loose interest if she gets the signal too many times that the guy is not reciprocating her interest in him and move on. 

Still waiting for English sub. 

On 8/21/2016 at 6:45 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Saw ep 8 raw. Didn't know what they were talking about. YSH choose Minhyuk and he got the ending with Iron Lady which I think should be right as he rooted and supported Iron Lady from beginning to end. However between the casts, don't know what happened. Minhyuk did made a great effort to please YSH ... bought her gifts and bring her to a fun place like aquarium. Then took lots of pictures of her and them together.  He sure knows how to chase a girl. HSJ is too cool & cold with YSH. Not sure he is doing it because he is not interested in her or didn't want to show to camera what he really feels. A girl can only take this much coolness, after awhile a girl will loose interest if she gets the signal too many times that the guy is not reciprocating her interest in him and move on. 

Still waiting for English sub. 

same here sis. at the first 4 eps, i was rooting for HSJ and YSH even if, he was indeed too cool and reserved at times that

one can only perceived as "not caring at all" or at times, he acts to stiff which borders to indifferent and or unconcerned.

though at times he shows Sohee his flirty and playful side, but nahh me thinks its enough and yes, he's too camera conscious

to show his real self...where as here's  super funny , lovable and squizzable cutie oppa Minhyuk , whose always by her side

and always on hand to do her bidding, i mean come on! girl gotta do what a girl gotta do :) cant blame Sohee for

choosing the easy loving Minhyuk. ...

I've missed quite a few eps (can't find), and only guessing cuz there aren't subs.  I think HSJ knows there's a significant generation gap.  When they ended up at the arcade, you could tell that the young ones were into it, and even YSH has cheering those who could play.  HSJ just barely engaged in gaming.  When they were overseas, he'd be laying around resting and all the 'kids" be playing with the swing.  He must have thought they would click on Problematic Men because they are both geniuses (school wise); however, YSH is a girly girl at heart, and HSJ likely wants "MORE" - maybe adult or woman wise since he's in his 30s, right?  So maybe now he's acting to stay "hot" sometimes in the "love triangle" cuz it's in his filming contract. He still needs to do his "job".   I don't find him interested anymore in any girl.   YSH is too young and Yura is too into herself.   Yura's always had that annoying laugh even since WGM.  All the commenters on soompi would say, Yura was so into HHJ (her tv"hubby") and he was a cold fish, but all I ever remember is that crazy laugh and I'd have to flip to another section of the show.  Who knows if she likes anyone for real? Or if that's the real her?  That laugh drives me crazy.

Yura is too into herself and I feel her laugh is so fake. She's not into any guys. 

Minhyuk finally won YSH over. He notices things that she likes so he brings her to the aquarium which he knows will delight her. He bought her stuff toys & the sneaky bracelet. YSH has give HSJ more than enough opportunitis to warm up to her. He always gave her the hot & cold vibes that she tried & tried to understand him but he isn't giving her a chance to. So she gave up. 

In the BTS, she told HSJ "when you had the chance, you should have treated me better." 

Somehow ... I find the show ended quite abruptly. Not the Iron lady but the after show. To me, it didn't quite end the theme of the show. 

• 2 months later...

What a gem of a show!!!!!!! really, very very good one.  The subbing sites should realise how good this show is and has to sub this drama.  With my little korean knowledge i managed to finish all the 8 episodes in one shot.  HA SUK JIN, THUMBS UP.  Yoon so hee even though she is a maknae, really she has given her best and has matched up a little extent to HSJ.  I like her so much from My love Eundong and respect her for her academic caliber.  I appreciate tVN for taking up very unique projects and presenting it to the viewers.  I dont like Yura from her good old WGM days with HJY.  But she has really acted well in this show.  I cringe whenever she laughs.  But she is very good in this show.  The other two boys Lee Min Hyuk and Ahn Bo hyun, they have also acted very well.  I did not realise that ABH has played a minor role in DoTS.  Overall i liked all the actors and theme of the story and the realities behind those scenes.  tVN fighting for giving such a good show.  I will write my thoughts on each character when i find time in my next post.

• 6 months later...

Archived