Episodes: 8 
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2016-July-02 to 2016-Aug-20
Air time: Saturday 21:45

Production Credits

Director: Heo Cha, Son Chang Woo
Screenwriter: Jo Sung gul

Synopsis

It’s about a 20+ female office worker who has nothing special to recommend her, and her non-ordinary double life.

Cast

Ha Suk Jin
Yoo Ra
Ahn Bo Hyun
Yoon So Hee
Lee Min Hyuk

Teasers

Relationship Chart
uLLfHW
Source:  Koreandrama.org

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Variety drama After the Play Ends up for July premiere on tvN

baeksunghyun_42.jpg

Hm, I’m still not entirely sure I know what dramaland means by “variety drama”—and that’s after seeing some, even—but they keep giving them a try, and a new one is in the works at tvN called After the Play Ends (working title). Two actors, Baek Sung-hyun(Hwajung, Beloved Eun-dong) and Minhyuk of idol group BtoB (and drama Sweet Savage Family), are currently in talks to star.

The one-line premise for After the Play Ends tells us it’s about a twentysomething female office worker who has nothing special to recommend her, and her non-ordinary double life. Baek Sung-hyun’s role would be of a fashionable branch director of a clothing brand, and Minhyuk is up to play a rookie employee at a large advertising agency.

That all sounds scripted and conventional so I’m curious to know where the variety element comes in—other than the fact that one of its producers will be PD Sohn Chang-woo of long-running MBC variety program Infinity Challenge (he was at MBC for many years, but has now moved over to tvN). Co-directing with him will be PD Lee Tae-kyung, who’s also contracted with tvN. The show promises to combine elements of reality into the program, though it doesn’t specify how. Will you sneak in backstage footage, or just make them ad-lib a lot? Does anybody know what a variety drama actually does?

Perhaps the most well-known one out there is KBS’s Producers, which is a bit ironic since that drama quickly yanked the variety part of the drama when the public had mixed response to it, making it a conventional drama in the end. (KBS is still giving the formatanother attempt, though.) The production for After the Play Ends stated the possibility of going for a season format if the project is successful.

The variety drama will air eight to ten episodes, and plans to premiere in July.

Via Osen, News1

Credit: 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/variety-drama-after-the-play-ends-up-for-july-premiere-on-tvn/

'After The Play Ends' reveals official poster full of mystery

Minhyuk-Minhyuk-Yura-yoon-so-hee-ha-suk-Upcoming tvN variety 'After The Play Ends' has released its official poster, and boy, it's full of mystery! 

Starring Ha Suk Jin, Yoon So Hee, Girl's Day's Yura, BTOB's Minhyuk, and Ahn Bo Hyun, 'After The Play Ends' is a fusion of drama x variety, capturing on camera the on-screen story of drama 'Iron Lady', as well as the actors' and actresses' stories off-screen. 

Catch the premiere this coming July 2! 

Cre :http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/after-the-play-ends-reveals-official-poster-full-of-mysteryha-suk-jin_1465523335_201606101025779518

@quockhanh45  Thanks for opening this thread I have a thing for Beak Sung Hung.. I read his biography and was very impress as one of the directors said if you ever need and actor that can nail a scene he's the man he's been in the filming industry since he was a kid. His resume is no joke.. I watch his daily the melody of love and liked him there but he really won me over in my love eundong as park hyun woo so I hope he get's the part or take the role.. I want to see some real acting and less of the idol stars.. I think my love eundong was a success because there was no idol stars in it.. 

After The Show Ends. TVN tomorrow!

Because I'm curious and HSJ is here and I like YSH..  she was cool iin her last drama is Memory-  my choice one of the best drama of 2016. Liking that poster! HSJ YSH.. So it's only episodes and  drama in reality show? and only 20 minutes per episode? It's all confusing. But I'll watch. The last time I watch a  short 8 episode drama with 15 minute 3 chapters per episode..was Because It's the First Time ( w/c turned out to be one of my fav for 2015). I'll be watching this tomorrow.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

After The Show Ends. TVN tomorrow!

Because I'm curious and HSJ is here and I like YSH..  she was cool iin her last drama is Memory-  my choice one of the best drama of 2016. Liking that poster! HSJ YSH.. So it's only episodes and  drama in reality show? and only 20 minutes per episode? It's all confusing. But I'll watch. The last time I watch a  short 8 episode drama with 15 minute 3 chapters per episode..was Because It's the First Time ( w/c turned out to be one of my fav for 2015). I'll be watching this tomorrow.

Each ep will have two parts: 20 minutes drama and 50 minutes show.

Nice show. Love the chemistry between Ha Suk Jin & Yoon So Hee. There's definitely mutual attraction sparks between these two brainy people. I wanna see them act in a drama together as lovers. It will be so explosive on screen.

Can't wait for ep 3 and all ep to be sub in English. So far only available in Mandarin :(

Rating 
Ep.2: 0.911 % (-0.184%)

Ep.3: 0.730 % (-0.181%)

After the Show Ends: Episode 1

by javabeans | July 4, 2016 | 27 Comments

aftertheshow1-00000b.jpg

The experimental hybrid reality-variety-drama project After the Show Ends premiered this weekend on tvN, and I was eager to check it out—mostly because I’ve been curious to see exactly how the show would pull off its genre-crossing format: There’s the show-within-the-show, Iron Lady, which is a fully produced mini-drama of its own, and then there’s the meta-narrative on top of that, which follows the making of the show with a focus on whether the actors feel romantic stirrings as a result of acting them out in the fictional storyline. Then there’s also the ad-libbed dialogue, the multiple lovelines, and the awkwardness of getting to know each other in real life as well as in the variety show format.

Basically, there’s a lot going on. I was eager to find out if it would come together in a cohesive package, and if I’d feel drawn to both sides of the show format—or if it would all fall flat in the wake of its ambitious setup.

THE FORMAT

aftertheshow1-00011.jpg aftertheshow1-00054.jpg

Is it reality? Variety? Documentary? Mockumentary? Regular ol’ romance drama? Well, it’s sort of all of those things in some form, but not any single one of those things. The show doesn’t quite take the angle I was hoping for, but it does have a pretty solid idea of its format and what it wants to be, which becomes clear once you start watching. (The pre-show descriptions, on the other hand, were all over the place.)

The simplest description might be: Behind-the-scenes footage plus We Got Married, with a drama sandwiched in between. After the Show Ends covers the 26 days of production onIron Lady, from first meeting to wrap, and comprises eight episodes. (Iron Lady also has eight episodes.)

aftertheshow1-00072.jpg aftertheshow1-00002.jpg aftertheshow1-00095.jpg

After the Show Ends’ reality show segments are constructed like a regular variety program, with the standard captions and story flow that will feel familiar to watchers of variety. The actors are given some guidance as to what to do (for instance, arrange one-on-one meetings to run lines), but by and large, the interactions are their own, in all their natural awkwardness.

The prospect of romance is the main draw of this show, since the question driving After the Show Ends is “Can acting like you’re falling in love cause actors to fall in love?” And it’s the trickiest part of the show, because if none of the actors were to have chemistry or show sparks or indulge in flirting over the course of filming Iron Lady, the whole thing would be a flop. So it’s a bit of a gamble, posing a question like that and then leaving it to the whims of fate and casting to make your show’s concept happen. (Well, and likely some behind-the-behind-the-scenes prodding by producers.)

aftertheshow1-00336.jpg

But of course you can’t order people to fall in love for real; all you can do is set the stage and hope for the best (and sure, tweak the editing and exaggerate scenes for dramatic effect). To the extent that a show can encourage romance, the producers have come up with their set of rules:

• We love and respect all of the actors.
  • We will neither force nor hinder any romance between actors. (“It feels a lot like forcing,” the cast laughs.)
  • We gratefully accept any natural skinship between the actors.
  • We also welcome romance between staff members.

aftertheshow1-00257.jpg

Read more: 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/after-the-show-ends-episode-1/

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:
Date Episode Nielsen Korea (%)
2016-07-02 01 1.095
2016-07-09 02 0.911
2016-07-16 03 0.730
2016-07-23 04 0.604
2016-07-30 05 0.678
2016-08-06 06 -
2016-08-13 07 -
2016-08-20 08 -
Average  %

Ratings are dropping with each episode (except for the last one) it seems. It's really a shame there's no eng sub so that those of us who don't know Korean can understand the drama better.

Archived