[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Novoland: The Castle In Sky 九州·天空城

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Check out maplestage.com. I think it's funny me but haven't had the time to watch yet! 

I'm looking for a downloadable source. Currently watching it now on dailymotion.

And OMG!!!

Spoiler

The yang amulet/flower went into FTY! So he's supposed to be the Shooting Star Flower Deity's lover?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:
  Hide contents

Oh no! The yang amulet signifies her jinx !! 

It's supposed to bring her destruction right, when the two amulets are reunited?

Spoiler

Now both she and FTY have the flower mark on their necks.

correction:

Spoiler

The flower that is similar to YFL's from the yang amulet went into FTY. However the Yang amulet didn't disappear. But when YHZ brought the Yang amulet to his YFL's father's home, the amulet reunited with the other amulet?

7 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

Haven't watched up to there yet :) only at ep 21 

Hide contents

Feel bad for BTJ when YFL confused him for FTY in her drunkenness ....

But

Spoiler

FTY mistook YFL in that scene. He's a better man I thought, being able to walk away. And continue to protect and help her thinking that she still loves BTJ.

And 2nd OMG:

Spoiler

You know the traitor from the beginning epis that FTY didn't kill but removed for BTJ? He's back...think he's going to help BTJ turn to the darker side.

Spoiler

Yeah - FTY is such a cool dude. He is basically giving his blessings to YFL and BTJ - particularly since now he knows that BTJ didn't kill her dad. If not for that, she wouldn't have followed him to his city and spent that time with him. I love this character. 

Spoiler

Oh no - FTY needs those spores to fly; he is one of those that can't grow wings himself. Yikes

13 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh no - FTY needs those spores to fly; he is one of those that can't grow wings himself. Yikes

Does that mean Regent knew all along?

Spoiler

The two were going to marry but dang those from the Star Court. FTY had to overhear what would become of the Shooting Star Flower Deity and I'm guessing he doesn't want that to happen to her.

I love the characters in this show ( up to half of ep 22 at least :)), consistent and not dog blood like

1. YFL - once she is in love with FTY, she doesn't waver and either between the two men . Even if it means that she has to be cruel to BTJ, she is resolute. Otherwise just more pain for everyone. That's why I hate love triangle dramas badly done. Sometimes we make mistakes in love and fall for the wrong person at the wrong time but dragging it out and being undecided just makes things worse for everyone ultimately 

2. Fei Shuang princess - she didn't suddenly turn good before she died. I always roll my eyes at characters like that's she loves FTY and is a proud person - she remained that way to the end.

3. BTJ - such a tragic character. Even if he turn bad, I would still not be upset with him. I can understand why he would be so bitter and believe that FTY / YFL would too. Although Fei Shuang may have hurt them both, in the end they are both not angry with her. Would be the same with him. Understand that the actor is new (he is a model?) - such good acting. 

4. FTY - ahh such a good character. He is the most experienced amongst them all and he does anchor the show well. Well done ZRY and scriptwriter !

i think both FTY and YFL are destined to be able to feel each other but not be together as they are the opposite of each other. :( 

OMG this show!! So clever - I love it! 

Spoiler

Up to Ep 24 now and:-

1. Actually the yang pendant does not point to YFL's jinx (as what her dad told BTJ). But rather, points to her destined one . However, once the two of them consummate their relatiOnship (I think it's gotta be that as the mandarin was a bit flowery but explains why BTJ's mum was so insistent on marrying him off to YFL), the reincarnated flower deity (i.e. YFL) will break into spores. :( 

2. That explains why her dad didn't want her to fall in love with anyone and also tricked BTJ. He always thought that BTJ was the destined one and should he be selected by the yang flower , he would kill himself as he would think that he is the jinx! 

3. FTY and his uncle always knew that he didn't inherently have those spores to fly because his mother was a human. That's why FTY went to so much trouble to find the yin pendant to search for the reincarnated flower deity and also did all those flying mechanisms. This also gives background as to why FTY is so guarded against other people as that is his super big secret which could bring his downfall and something his uncle didn't want him to tell YFL. Also explains why his uncle is so paranoid against the Xue family because he knows although his nephew is the designated emperor, he will not be respected as he cannot fly. This gives the Xue clan more reason to overthrow their empire and why he had to remove all of them in one go. Love how they tie up all the loose ends and gives credence to the characters' actions. 

4. Loving Feng Ren and the actor who plays him. Need to see more of these entire cast! 

5. I need to go rewatch the tragedy of the earlier reincarnation of the flower deity and her loved one and why it became all such a mess.

6. Love the whole destiny vs fate in our own hands story - so well done and not overwrought 

7. Can I also say that I liked how they dealt with the rape of Fei Shuang ? She didn't come to terms with it and married/fell in love with  the guy who did the deed. Rape is rape y'all . 

8. And finally shout out to those fabulous headgear of YFL. I want them!!!!

would need to rewatch with subs on some of the nuances but the last 4 episodes are gonna be gripping !!! 

13 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

OMG this show!! So clever - I love it! 

Reveal hidden contents

Up to Ep 24 now and:-

1. Actually the yang pendant does not point to YFL's jinx (as what her dad told BTJ). But rather, points to her destined one . However, once the two of them consummate their relatiOnship (I think it's gotta be that as the mandarin was a bit flowery but explains why BTJ's mum was so insistent on marrying him off to YFL), the reincarnated flower deity (i.e. YFL) will break into spores. :( 

2. That explains why her dad didn't want her to fall in love with anyone and also tricked BTJ. He always thought that BTJ was the destined one and should he be selected by the yang flower , he would kill himself as he would think that he is the jinx! 

3. FTY and his uncle always knew that he didn't inherently have those spores to fly because his mother was a human. That's why FTY went to so much trouble to find the yin pendant to search for the reincarnated flower deity and also did all those flying mechanisms. This also gives background as to why FTY is so guarded against other people as that is his super big secret which could bring his downfall and something his uncle didn't want him to tell YFL. Also explains why his uncle is so paranoid against the Xue family because he knows although his nephew is the designated emperor, he will not be respected as he cannot fly. This gives the Xue clan more reason to overthrow their empire and why he had to remove all of them in one go. Love how they tie up all the loose ends and gives credence to the characters' actions. 

4. Loving Feng Ren and the actor who plays him. Need to see more of these entire cast! 

5. I need to go rewatch the tragedy of the earlier reincarnation of the flower deity and her loved one and why it became all such a mess.

6. Love the whole destiny vs fate in our own hands story - so well done and not overwrought 

7. Can I also say that I liked how they dealt with the rape of Fei Shuang ? She didn't come to terms with it and married/fell in love with  the guy who did the deed. Rape is rape y'all . 

8. And finally shout out to those fabulous headgear of YFL. I want them!!!!

would need to rewatch with subs on some of the nuances but the last 4 episodes are gonna be gripping !!! 

Thanks so much for clarifying, lizzieyen! It's all coming together.

Forgot to mention how surprised I was to see that

Spoiler

FTY knows how to play the zither.

Saw a 2min preview for EP25...

Spoiler

the Queen's female bodyguard gets killed--her neck gets snapped by magic from that one dark sorcerer who knew Bi An Hua as she pleads w/ BTJ to reconsider something.

I wonder how the drama will end in 4 epis, unless it's a setup for season 2. In the upcoming months, Zhang Ruoyun will be working on a new drama 霍去病 (supposedly an epic online historical drama w/ more than 70 epis)

For this fantasy drama i think 28 eps is short but i do prefer "get to the point with not a lot of filler" is good.  This drama is worth it.  The cast is awesome, the clothing is beautiful especially the men. LOL.  The head piece is beautiful too.  I love their hair.  That length on men and women.  WOW.

Over the three drama i'm watching right now between legend of Chusen, Ice fantasy and castle in the sky.  I'm away waiting for this drama to come out.  It's so good that i'm watching it raw before eng subs. LOL.  I couldn't resist.

Thunderman1, you waited this long, mine as well wait till next week when it end to just watch it all. LOL. It's worth it, i feel 40 minutes per episode is sooooo short.

@thunderman1 Totally recommended! Because it's only 28 episodes, the pacing is good. Characters are logical and not dog-blood like while every actor and actress can act! Kudos all around. Oh yes, pretty pretty dresses and everyone is cute too! I was abit put off by the blue contact lenses initially but once I got over it, what a great little gem. Am watching Chusen too but I feel this is better - maybe Chusen will improve but the first 10 episodes were such a yawn (watching for ZLY only literally and I like QQJ from Legend of Qin) and LYF is no match at all for ZRY! 

10 hours ago, creidesca said:

Thanks so much for clarifying, lizzieyen! It's all coming together.

Forgot to mention how surprised I was to see that

Reveal hidden contents

FTY knows how to play the zither.

Saw a 2min preview for EP25...

Reveal hidden contents

the Queen's female bodyguard gets killed--her neck gets snapped by magic from that one dark sorcerer who knew Bi An Hua as she pleads w/ BTJ to reconsider something.

I wonder how the drama will end in 4 epis, unless it's a setup for season 2. In the upcoming months, Zhang Ruoyun will be working on a new drama 霍去病 (supposedly an epic online historical drama w/ more than 70 epis)

I think it's gonna be a sad ending - steeling myself for it! ZRY is also in Sparrow (2nd lead)  but LYF has yet to impress me. Will watch Sparrow if there is a good ending for ZRY! 

2 hours ago, meenia1_1 said:

For this fantasy drama i think 28 eps is short but i do prefer "get to the point with not a lot of filler" is good.  This drama is worth it.  The cast is awesome, the clothing is beautiful especially the men. LOL.  The head piece is beautiful too.  I love their hair.  That length on men and women.  WOW.

Over the three drama i'm watching right now between legend of Chusen, Ice fantasy and castle in the sky.  I'm away waiting for this drama to come out.  It's so good that i'm watching it raw before eng subs. LOL.  I couldn't resist.

Thunderman1, you waited this long, mine as well wait till next week when it end to just watch it all. LOL. It's worth it, i feel 40 minutes per episode is sooooo short.

For a fantasy drama, too short but yet I will watch it. I understand it raw fyi but there's just so many good c-dramas out lately that I am behind. Also waiting for a cheesy drama this upcoming week. :D

7 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

For a fantasy drama, too short but yet I will watch it. I understand it raw fyi but there's just so many good c-dramas out lately that I am behind. Also waiting for a cheesy drama this upcoming week. :D

020? I am allergic to Zheng Shuang so I am spared :) watching Mystic Nine now too! team FoYe!! 

11 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

I think it's gonna be a sad ending - steeling myself for it! ZRY is also in Sparrow (2nd lead)  but LYF has yet to impress me. Will watch Sparrow if there is a good ending for ZRY! 

I feel the same, especially after trying to rearrange the scenes that I've seen that have yet to air in my mind. Cross fingers that the drama team will be able to follow through with a second season (same cast of course) if the ending does allow it.

I don't think Zhang will have a good ending in Sparrow, basing off of the little we are allowed to see of him in the clips from Sparrow so far. Will be anticipating his Medical Examiner Qin Ming (supposedly in October?). And wish they would broadcast his other completed drama, 暴风骤雨, where he's a country bumpkin.

18 hours ago, creidesca said:

I feel the same, especially after trying to rearrange the scenes that I've seen that have yet to air in my mind. Cross fingers that the drama team will be able to follow through with a second season (same cast of course) if the ending does allow it.

I don't think Zhang will have a good ending in Sparrow, basing off of the little we are allowed to see of him in the clips from Sparrow so far. Will be anticipating his Medical Examiner Qin Ming (supposedly in October?). And wish they would broadcast his other completed drama, 暴风骤雨, where he's a country bumpkin.

Ooh - medical examiner movie is set in olden times? I hope it gets subbed !! 

I honestly do not get why is LYF so popular - not that cute and can't even dance or sing like those k-pop dudes

8 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Ooh - medical examiner movie is set in olden times? I hope it gets subbed !! 

I honestly do not get why is LYF so popular - not that cute and can't even dance or sing like those k-pop dudes

Medical Examiner Qin Ming is a modern drama, based on the novels written by a real medical examiner. Qin Ming is the name of the title character.

I also have to agree on LYF. I tried watching The Lost Tomb was but unimpressed--by him and by the CGI.

I wish I could read Chinese--Zhang Ruoyun composed a long weibo post earlier today on the 3 years it took him to decide to take on the role of Huo Qu Bing for the drama that will start filming soon.

And yikes, I didn't realize the precarious position the Wingkind were after watching EP 21 subbed. Figures why Uncle is pushing FTY.

Archived