[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Novoland: The Castle In Sky 九州·天空城

sugarplum892

2 minutes ago, carmolita said:

So is the regent protecting her because she is the flower or because FTY loves her? Does he want FTY to marry her **hoping that will release her from her fate** or does he want her sacrificed for the spores?

the regent wanted to protect her (i.e. Share the curse) because he didn't want FTY to share the curse in case it went bad and both of them would remain comatose or died. I am not sure yet what needs to be done for the spores to be released - does she need to die specifically or give something up?  I am not sure. It hasn't been really said and if it was it was lost in translation for me. He did however want FTY to choose between the 2 so there must be some sacrifice involved. Also ties in with what her father told BTJ in that he must destroy the jinx who would bring death to YFL. But the Regent definitely does not hope for her to be released from her fate as in his mind, Yu Kingdom is of priority. 

When I saw that witch look young and the princess look old I just knew she had taken her vitality but thought that maybe the princess would turn young again when she was killed.  But it didn't happen so I felt sad for her.  In episode 20 she dances for FTY, Is she dying  of her old age now or is there a way to save her?

as at ep 20, it seems that there is no way to save her. Which is probably why she insinuated to YFL that FTY slept with her as she had lost her virginity mark on her hand leading to that slap and more misunderstanding as I think the secret that FTY wanted to tell YFL was about her flower reincarnation fate but she thinks was that he slept with Fei Shuang!  

When I saw his uncles eyes bulge as YFL was being cursed it looked as if he knew what had happened to her. Do you think that he wanted to share the effects of the curse with her because she tried to save him earlier?  

Not in my mind no :) 

Do you know what FTY said to YFL when she bit his shoulder?  sorry for asking so many questions but really want to know your thoughts and everyone elses who may be reading, as this drama is way too good:rolleyes:  The best part of FTY character is that he is not stuped, he knows what's happening.around him and what people are thinking but leaves everyone else in oblivion as to his thoughts.. The emotional part of this  can really grab  you like a drug or someting leaving you intoxicated~~ Can't get enough and can't wait for episode 21

something to the effect that bite me if that helps to alleviate the pain. Will need to rewatch the scene to get the actual words! Totally agree re FTY - I can appreciate a multi layered character much better than a straight as an arrow one! 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lizzieyen Did the regent have some sort of history with that witch since she was trying to seduce him in bed? And could  the jinx be that girl that killed herself for BTJ (threw herself off the cliff) ? because she said that in order for YFL to live that she needed to die and that if she didn't  die YFL could not live.  I'm wondering if YFL's father found a way for her to survive all of this... 

I love what you wrote,  " I can appreciate a multi layered character much better than a straight as an arrow one!"  and agree 200% about his character development

6 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Regent Uncle knows that she is important to their tribe and he asked FTY if how would he choose between her and the flower which can give wings to his kind (and also the humans). He knows that FTY loves her (judging by how upset he got in ep19/20 - spoiler alert!) so he warns him to know his position as King and what needs to be done (I may have gotten the exact language inaccurately but that is the gist). FTY had known a long time ago but pretended he didn't know when confronted by his uncle. I guess it must be a difficult position as she would likely need to be sacrificed for all those spores :(

Thanks! I had been wondering why FTY after seeing the mark on her neck in a much earlier episode did nothing.

I'd been hoping FS would redeem herself after the incident but didn't realize she created more misunderstanding (w/ the forced kiss and now the lie). And the one other person who can counter the lie is dead.

1 hour ago, creidesca said:

Thanks! I had been wondering why FTY after seeing the mark on her neck in a much earlier episode did nothing.

I'd been hoping FS would redeem herself after the incident but didn't realize she created more misunderstanding (w/ the forced kiss and now the lie). And the one other person who can counter the lie is dead.

me too! I was wondering why FTY didn't do anything or rather how much he knew about the  flower because it was suspicious that he kept silent and kept her with him.  Her birth also seems even more conspicuous, like did her father know that she would be born with that destiny. Because her dad said that only some of the wingdom could fly and he used the prince to protect her, so he had some plans of his own. And the strangest thing, in the story that they told about the flower the guy she fell in love with who died was human. YFL is in love with a wingdom.....I'm wondering if this changes things.  *:-? thinking  i must rewatch that episode again..

I too was hoping that FS would redeem herself and thought she came to terms with her place in his life when FTY met with her after the curse was broken. Now we can only hope that YFL will start questioning his actions and believe in him or that FTY will swallow his pride and seek her out and tell her the truth  *8-> day dreaming Because I  really don't want YFL + FTY to be apart for a moment ... I love seeing them together in their love-hate moments because you never know what's going to happen next *>:) devil

1 hour ago, carmolita said:

me too! I was wondering why FTY didn't do anything or rather how much he knew about the  flower because it was suspicious that he kept silent and kept her with him.  Her birth also seems even more conspicuous, like did her father know that she would be born with that destiny. Because her dad said that only some of the wingdom could fly and he used the prince to protect her, so he had some plans of his own. And the strangest thing, in the story that they told about the flower the guy she fell in love with who died was human. YFL is in love with a wingdom.....I'm wondering if this changes things.  *:-? thinking  i must rewatch that episode again..

I swear there was a scene between FTY and his Uncle where FTY made it clear that the person he likes is YFL and not YFL as the reincarnation of the flower girl?

If I'm not mistaken, in a clip I've seen somewhere there's a scene BTJ was "dressed" in the reincarnation of the human who fell in love w/ the flower girl? He's holding hands starring at YFL as the flower girl reincarnation.

Zhang Ruoyun on his weibo acct, posted a pic of FTY and YFL where YFL is in a red dress.

8 hours ago, carmolita said:

@lizzieyen Did the regent have some sort of history with that witch since she was trying to seduce him in bed? And could  the jinx be that girl that killed herself for BTJ (threw herself off the cliff) ? because she said that in order for YFL to live that she needed to die and that if she didn't  die YFL could not live.  I'm wondering if YFL's father found a way for her to survive all of this... 

I love what you wrote,  " I can appreciate a multi layered character much better than a straight as an arrow one!"  and agree 200% about his character development

The witch was just pleased that she had regained youth and vitality and wanted to seduce men because they seldom come to her lair :) 

the girl who threw herself off the clif for BTJ did so to enable the yang flower (the pattern on her shoulder) to emerge and crystallize into that red token which BTJ now carries. That yang flower red token is meant to point to whomever the jinx is meant to be. YFL's father thinks that the token will point to BTJ himself (because he is the Prince of humankind and most likely to need / sacrifice YFL for the spores which is the same reason why his crazy mother wanted him to marry YFL) and because BTJ loves YFL, he hopes BTJ will kill himself. It's the same reason why he put that thing into BTJ Palm to prevent him from having romantic feelings towards YFL. After BTJ went through the walk of hell to escape him mum's clutches, he cut something out of himself - it was not stated clearly but I think it maybe he thing YFL's dad implanted into him. YFL's dad is also a selfish man (similar to the queen, his ex) and has no qualms sacrificing another person for his daughter while the queen has no sacrificing anybody to meet her dream of having a kingdom that flies. Poor BTJ is truly stuck between 2 selfish people and suffered for it. He is a second male lead that I can empathize with but am still Team FTY!! :) 

3 hours ago, carmolita said:

I too was hoping that FS would redeem herself and thought she came to terms with her place in his life when FTY met with her after the curse was broken. Now we can only hope that YFL will start questioning his actions and believe in him or that FTY will swallow his pride and seek her out and tell her the truth  *8-> day dreaming Because I  really don't want YFL + FTY to be apart for a moment ... I love seeing them together in their love-hate moments because you never know what's going to happen next *>:) devil

Totally! And YFL / FTY are miserable apart :) i love how this drama has logical characters and the story line progresses along without being too "dog blood". It makes sense that FTY would cause YFL to doubt him because he is a guy who has many hidden agenda and can do things for the overall big picture even if it means hurting people along the way - doesn't help that he did try to kiss her on ep1 which makes him look like a playa ! YFL is not written to doubt FTY's love for her (clearly he does and she knows it) but to doubt whether she will be the only woman for him. Like that YFL is not your typical Mary Sue character who would just accept everything "because she loves him" or go completely ballistic because of one incident because clearly she still has doubts when she starts to talk to Chisu. She just feels hurt (completely understandable) and miserable and betrayed (because he said she was the only girl he kissed like that)! 

3 hours ago, creidesca said:

I swear there was a scene between FTY and his Uncle where FTY made it clear that the person he likes is YFL and not YFL as the reincarnation of the flower girl?

If I'm not mistaken, in a clip I've seen somewhere there's a scene BTJ was "dressed" in the reincarnation of the human who fell in love w/ the flower girl? He's holding hands starring at YFL as the flower girl reincarnation.

Zhang Ruoyun on his weibo acct, posted a pic of FTY and YFL where YFL is in a red dress.

Yep! There is a scene where FTY made it clear to his uncle that the person he likes is YFL and not flower girl reincarnated. Haven't seen that clip - poor BTJ. Would love to see that pic of FTY and YFL in their wedding outfit !! 

Yesterday at a celebration for Novoland: Castle in the Sky (1.11 billion traffic/clicks/views to the drama), VIP Tencent members had close interaction w/ Zhang Ruoyun, Chen Ruoxuan, and Zhao Jian. There was also an announcement of a season 2 in the works.

photo 8ffee069jw1f6tbpmu7pgj21jk111hdt.jpg

On 8/14/2016 at 7:04 PM, creidesca said:

Yesterday at a celebration for Novoland: Castle in the Sky (1.11 billion traffic/clicks/views to the drama), VIP Tencent members had close interaction w/ Zhang Ruoyun, Chen Ruoxuan, and Zhao Jian. There was also an announcement of a season 2 in the works.

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

ZRY is not traditionally handsome but oh-so-charismatic. Glad it's doing well as there are many other idol dramas airing at the same time too (Ice Fantasy / Chusen). Would be a pity if this show goes unrecognized as tmi really think the cast did a great job! 

35 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

ZRY is not traditionally handsome but oh-so-charismatic.

I showed a pic of him to a co-worker once, and she felt he looked more flower boy; I didn't agree with her.  Definitely concur on how charismatic he is. I remember my first drama of his, Black Fox. I tuned into the drama after seeing the preview clip.

I first saw him in Wuxin and despite being a supporting character, he was quite riveting. It's good that he can switch between good and bad roles and the gray ones in between. He was also v good in 15 years and could carry off that youthful vibe! 

Despite barely much interaction b/w FTY & YHZ after the first episodes, there's been so many videos made/posted shipping the two. Here's an MV, using a song from Go Princess Go: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av5835725/ If you watch closely, there are some scenes that are yet to air (taken out of context of course)

And a photo of the two actors, where they switched "roles" for a reenactment at the celebration event 2 days ago:

photo 8ffee069jw1f6tbp9wcqdj21jk1117i3.jpg

P.S. episode 15 is fully e-subbed on VIKI now!

On 8/15/2016 at 0:24 PM, creidesca said:

Despite barely much interaction b/w FTY & YHZ after the first episodes, there's been so many videos made/posted shipping the two. Here's an MV, using a song from Go Princess Go: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av5835725/ If you watch closely, there are some scenes that are yet to air (taken out of context of course)

And a photo of the two actors, where they switched "roles" for a reenactment at the celebration event 2 days ago:

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

P.S. episode 15 is fully e-subbed on VIKI now!

:)

Wow, I come back and there's already a second page. I am so happy that other people are enjoying this show. I swear, I love evrything about this drama except any secondary character that tries to come between the wing emperor and his human lady. 

I Too WAS hoping that the princess would redeem herself but no. Anyway I just want the otp to have an happy ending. 

Also thank you drama for having main leads who are smart and strong. And cudo to the actor for making FTY such a compelling,  charismatic,  and attractive character

Archived