[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

I am wondering why the boring girl dose not have past life in Joseon era. 
Thai Woo came from Japan, so maybe he didn't have much relation to HJJ, others related to HJJ are all related to KDR in Joseon era except boring girl and JJ's father. Who would JJ's father be in that time ????

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I am wondering why the boring girl dose not have past life in Joseon era. 
Thai Woo came from Japan, so maybe he didn't have much relation to HJJ, others related to HJJ are all related to KDR in Joseon era except boring girl and JJ's father. Who would JJ's father be in that time ????

It's very possible that they are not reincarnations of someone in the past. This may be their first life. 

To answer your question, HJJ's father present and past are the same actors. If you go back to watch episode 3, it'll show little KDR and his father. You will see that his father then is his father now. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

It's very possible that they are not reincarnations of someone in the past. This may be their first life. 

To answer your question, HJJ's father present and past are the same actors. If you go back to watch episode 3, it'll show little KDR and his father. You will see that his father then is his father now. 

Oh yes, HJJ's father and mother are same as KDR's father and mother, right ?  Thank you !!! :heart:

• Like 8

“Legend of the Blue Sea” Lee Min Ho, can he save his father from Hwang Shin Hye’s Black Hole - 12.01.2017

“Legend of the Blue Sea” Lee Min Ho, can he save his father from Hwang Shin Hye’s Black Hole - 12.01.2017 [SportsChosun.com; Reporter Jeong Yoo Na] SBS Wednesday-Thursday Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” has 4 more episodes left, and the male lead Lee...

[SportsChosun.com; Reporter Jeong Yoo Na] SBS Wednesday-Thursday Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” has 4 more episodes left, and the male lead Lee Min Ho is currently wondering whether he can save his fater Choi Jeong Woo from Hwang Shin Hye. Lee Min Ho finally found clues from Hwang Shin Hye and his father’s house after putting on a con as a bug-buster company worker, and unexpectedly find his father’s bedroom. At the same time, he has been curious on his father’s whereabouts and Hwang Shin Hye’s attitude. 

The Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) release their latest still cuts before the official broadcast of the 17th episode (today).The drama’s male lead Heo Jun Jae (Lee Min Ho) has always been curious of the relationship between Ma Dae Young (Seong Dong Il) and Kang Seo Hee (Hwang Shin Hye). In the process, Heo Jun Jae carefully pick up things that he consider could be used as a clue, and he ended up had to swallow his own feelings when he saw his father in a dark bedroom. The latest still cuts attract viewers and attention. On the previous episode, Heo Jun Jae set up a con scene to investigate his own father’s house, with the help of Detective Hong (Park Hae Soo). Especially then when Heo Jun Jae put a tapping device on the flower garden of Kang Seo Hee, viewers are watching with tension. Afterwards, Heo Jun Jae met with his own father who at first didn’t recognize him and still believing on Kang Seo Hee. His own father Heo Il Joong (Choi Jeong Woo) have always believe in Kang Seo Hee, and his body were shaking when Heo Jun Jae are trying to tell his father the truth. Jun Jae felt speechless also while looking to his now mostly blind father while holding his hands. On the previous episode as well, the viewers can see young Kang Seo Hee who murdered her husbands after killing her own father who had been harassing her. It has been revealed that President Heo Il Joong was her next goal, she had been deceiving him for more than 10 years and have cast a shadow of death on him. 

Heo Jun Jae who can’t hold his emotional side, tell his father that his step-mother Kang Seo Hee’s real name was Kang Ji Hyeon and tell him on all of her previous acts. “I would really feel happy, it will be really great if all of this happened coincidentally..but unfortunately, it is not! This whole situations was wrong!”, Heo Jun Jae scream to his father in desperation. However, Heo Il Joong still find it hard to believe his own son who he loved, even thought he was the one who abandon Heo Jun Jae. Heo Il Joong then shout back to Heo Jun Jae that he knew Heo Jun Jae was a con-artist (from Heo Chi Hyeon, portrayed by Lee Ji Hoon), and refused to join his son. However, the new Heo Jun Jae now determined to save and rescue his own father by establishing his own investigation team, even when his own father Heo Il Joong still completely blinded by his own believe to his second wife. Viewers are curious on how fate will bring for all of them. 

“Legend of the Blue Sea” representative stated “Heo Jun Jae has now know on his father’s condition, and determined to save him~” and “Please give us a lof of love and support, and whether Heo Jun Jae can save his father~”

Meanwhile, the next, 17th episode of SBS “Legend of the Blue Sea” will be broadcasted on Thursday, 12th of January on 10 PM KST.

Jyn2011@sportschosun.com

source: Naver/SportsChosun

English Translation: Monika Setiono

source: http://monikaleeminho.tumblr.com/post/155755263520/legend-of-the-blue-sea-lee-min-ho-can-he-save

• Like 6

As we have 4 more episode to wrap up the story. It makes sad when SC hug HJJ's mom and said "if one day something happen to her, please stay with JJ to support him". I am worried that SC will sacrifice herself to protect JJ at the end.

Its too sad to even thinking about it. Hope they will stick together and be strong. They can overcome everything and have a "happy ending"....

• Like 9

9 hours ago, heart_jjh said:

Just finish Ep 16 without subs and I have some theories that I want to share. Stepmother mentioned a twin sister. It could be JJs mum ...BUT remember SC flashback when she holds MDYs hand?! There was a woman who get killed?! Is it possible that evil stepmother told MDY to kill her twin?! The 4 villains ( stepmother, CH, JND and MDY) relationship make my mind goes wild. Can not stop thinking of LOTBS.

No, it was not her twin sister, but her relative. Remember, the detective mentioned that all her relatives died. As for MDY, he is now out of the picture as main villain. He lost his memories and he has no idea about his past. That's why he will ask CH what kind of a relationship he has with him. MDY's hell mentioned by SC will be to discover all his crimes by his quest to find his identity and past.

7 hours ago, mythicalove said:

I am 99.99% certain the writer will reveal their motives in the remaining episodes. It's a huge part of the plot so I assume she has thought it through. Where's the fun in it if she just hands it all to us in one go. I'm loving the pacing and revelation here. I realize that while watching this show, because I have to wait for each episode to air and there's more time to think about it, I keep asking questions and doubting. In the end, the writer did not fail me. That's why, I've decided to leave faith in the hands of the writer. I trust in her to fill in any missing pieces. 

Also, I actually love that HJJ lied to SC. To me, it reveals his determination to write their ending differently this time. I also appreciate that SC learned the truth by herself and that the truth isn't simply told to her. Rather, she remembers it and feels the depth of her past. Regaining her memories this way makes a stronger impact, as she realizes the full truth that she is SH and he is KDR, and that they ended tragically. It's one thing to hear about it but it's heartfelt on another level to remember it and feel it yourself. 

I have to disagree with you. I saw the scene differently. She took all MDY's memories (present life and past life) and that's how she discovered that HJJ had lied to her. It was not her own memories, but MDY's memories.

After watching the episode 16, I have to say that the writer's twist was good. By making MDY to lose all his memories, he becomes less dangerous and he can no longer be used by KJH so easily. From the memories SC gathered, she saw that MDY was involved in all the deaths KJH had been confronted: her father that she discovered one morning, her relative, her two husbands. So he helped her the entire time. Now, MDY will be looking into his past and his relationship to CH. The latter will be on edge.

Then I would like to point out something really important: how does CH know that HJJ is involved in cons? So far, the detectives never knew about HJJ's true identity and family as a Chaebol's son. This clue is important in my opinion because this might reveal that JND and CH were connected.

I am sure that CH and his mother will use HJJ's past in order to make him look bad. I guess, KJH is using her purple plant in order to poison her husband. I am also wondering if CH is really MDY's son.

A possible theory could be that KJH lied to MDY and used him and his true father is someone else: the doctor.

Then how could she know that she had a twin sister and the latter was adopted by a nice family? Her words revealed her greed. She envied her sister to have been more lucky. Since the doctor mentioned greed as factor, I am wondering if he is not the real mastermind behind this tragedy: to separate the mermaid from KDR/HJJ. Only him, he knew that past would repeat itself and it had to be prevented. This could explain why KJH appeared in HJJ's life.

I would be disappointed if SC disappeared because HJJ lied to her. Actually, SC also lied to him as well. She never told him that she was going to help him. I don't like the idea so much that SC decides to leave HJJ's side. Right now, HJJ needs her even more than before. SC's situation is different from SW's situation. Back then, SW had no friend on her own. Now, she has her own friends. By leaving HJJ, she would cut ties with all of them and that would be much more difficult to bear. 

• Like 8

SPOILER ! MA DAE YOUNG AND HIS WIFE SITTING AT JJ DAD HOUSE.

IMG_91482192d.png

LJH IG UPDATE! (I guess three of them will meet at one scene) 

Spoiler

IMG_9165.jpg

PD NOTE LOTBS:

IMG_9160.png

MORE LOVELY OTP:

Spoiler

IMG_9161.png
IMG_9167.png
IMG_9171.png
IMG_9173.png
IMG_9184.png
IMG_9185.png

IMG_9172.png

IMG_9166.png

LOTBS FAMILY PD NOTE

IMG_9154.png

MORE PD NOTE PHOTO UNDER SPOILER:

Spoiler

IMG_9155.png

IMG_9157.png

IMG_9164.png
IMG_9163.png
IMG_9162.png
IMG_9159.png
IMG_9158.png

Spoiler

IMG_9168.png
IMG_9169.png
IMG_9170.png
IMG_9174.png
IMG_9175.png
IMG_9176.png
IMG_9177.png
IMG_9178.png
IMG_9179.png
IMG_9180.png
IMG_9181.png
IMG_9182.png
IMG_9183.png
IMG_9186.png

@puppy8888 the ost sang by SJ was truly beautiful, i love song with magic, mysterious, and sad melody for drama..and this song fit for lotbs, it would be good if they release it on first episode. :D

• Like 17

this is just my theory. DO you guys remember that in josen era the fisherman told MDY that there was a guy Whose memory was erased by mermaid. I think thats JND. And in modern days doctor keep talking about Greed. And there is nobody greedier that JND

• Like 7

About HJJ's dad... so he believes his wife is innocent and would not hurt him. But in his will he wants HJJ to inherit everything and the loving and caring wife nothing? <_<

If the writers wants us to believe he's a trusting husband then it doesn't make sense why he's not leaving anything in his will for her and CH. And even from the first episodes we saw that he became suspicious of his surroundings. Maybe not directly suspicious of his wife but the fact he wants HJJ to inherit all his fortune speaks volumes to me and tells us what he really thinks about his current wife and CH.

But when his biological son tried to make him see the truth he completely rejects the idea that his wife is deceiving him. This doesn't make sense to me because if he trusts her so much why is he planning on leaving her with nothing? That's actually pretty cruel thing for a husband to do (even if the wife is no angel herself.)  

There's still a missing piece to how the original family was broken. I hope this is revealed soon and sheds some more light into the father's actions because as of now he just has no redeeming qualities. Bad father and bad husband to both his wives lol.  

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Rita86 said:

About HJJ's dad... so he believes his wife is innocent and would not hurt him. But in his will he wants HJJ to inherit everything and the loving and caring wife nothing? <_<

If the writers wants us to believe he's a trusting husband then it doesn't make sense why he's not leaving anything in his will for her and CH. And even from the first episodes we saw that he became suspicious of his surroundings. Maybe not directly suspicious of his wife but the fact he wants HJJ to inherit all his fortune speaks volumes to me and tells us what he really thinks about his current wife and CH.

But when his biological son tried to make him see the truth he completely rejects the idea that his wife is deceiving him. This doesn't make sense to me because if he trusts her so much why is he planning on leaving her with nothing? That's actually pretty cruel thing for a husband to do (even if the wife is no angel herself.)  

There's still a missing piece to how the original family was broken. I hope this is revealed soon and sheds some more light into the father's actions because as of now he just has no redeeming qualities. Bad father and bad husband to both his wives lol.  

I believe, this has something to do with KJH's comment: being powerless. She said that being powerless was the button that helped her. She never mentioned love and in my opinion, she must have used her situation as powerless to get empathy and gain people's trust:

- a poor girl without any relative to get married,

- a poor widow with a son to get a job and later to get married

Since she was so "poor" and "powerless", people didn't see her as a danger and a thread. They couldn't imagine how big her greed is.

In my opinion, KJH must have lied to HJJ's father about his first wife, like: your wife is mistreating me, looking down on me because of my situation. At some point, his first wife warned her husband but the latter thought, she was prejudiced against a single mother so that he couldn't trust his wife any longer. She must have arranged some incident so that HJJ's father "witnessed" that KJH was telling the truth, while it was all orchestrated. She must have manipulated him... he saw what he was supposed to see and got blinded by KJH. In fact, KJH played the empathy card the entire time so that she could get married. But the problem is that now, she is no longer powerless. She is married and her son works for the company. So the husband provided for her, while HJJ lost everything. The father thinks, he has to change a little the situation. I am sure that KJH has some shares in the company that's why HJJ's father mentioned that he wants to give everything to his son. He means, all his shares... yet I believe that KJH and her son must have some shares too. If he died, they would have something.  

• Like 11

@Rita86 I think HJJ's dad thinks that way because of his guilt. HJJ grew up alone and didn't get to enjoy the things and life he was supposed to have along with his parents. By just living the life they are living now, CH and his mom basically got their share of the fortune the dad has. They enjoyed everything HJJ was supposed to enjoy.

There are still unanswered questions in the story but I am glad that finally this drama is moving at full speed ahead. I'm excited to watch the episode later!

• Like 7