[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@CarolynH - Thanks for the questions! Will reply once I finish re-watching whole series (I am at Episode 16 now!) 

I think it's my fifth or sixth re-watch from Episodes 1 to 11!

@minekas and @Chellsee - Thank you for the lovely pics & gifs!

@mythicalove - Thanks for posting LMH's IG update! Yup, hopefully he's watching LOTBS and reading our posts on this forum too, my dear Chingu!! Hahaha!! He better not tell Suzy how many girls are wishing THEY are Suzy now - after THAT KISS!! I am also thinking he might get back to playing his computer games!! He gave them up entirely during the filming of LOTBS!

PLEASE continue to re-post gifs of THE KISS on every page of this forum!!! 

• Like 11

I'm going to start mine as well.

1) This is a very hard one. They've said many lines that are worth remembering. @CarolynH I love the two lines you chose for KDR/HJJ. I'll offer two other lines that I fell in love with.

"That boy loved the mermaid, so he heard her voice. Even if she erased and re-erased his memories, even if he was reborn in another world, it was the boy's fate to love the mermaid again. In the end, he came to hear the mermaid's voice again. He was... None other than me." 

This was said by both KDR and HJJ during episode 11. I love how it draws the two of them closer and meshes them into one. They suddenly became in sync, their hearts beating harmoniously for one mermaid and they realized that because they loved her, they could hear her voice. 

I'm greedy so I'm stealing this line also.

"Wherever we went, whatever we did, whatever we ate, whatever you said, whenever you laughed, however pretty you were... You may have been able to erase those kinds of things, but you could not erase you from me. You are just remembered by my body and engraved in my heart, so there was nothing you could do." 

I can't even begin to explain how deeply touched I was by these lines. I sat there and cried a bucket of tears. His sweetness kills me. 

I had a hard time narrowing down some of my favorite lines from SC as well. There were many but in the end, I chose this one. 

"Among the many words I've come to learn after coming here, the best words are "happy ending." Im sure that this very moment is a happy ending. But the hope and despair that life gives you is that time keeps flowing and the moment passes. Behind that moment of brilliant happiness, what kind of moments await, no one knows."

These lines are absolutely beautiful and true in every way. If life goes on, and it does, then there is really no happy ending. There are happy moments in life that we cherish, and that's the closest and most tangible we can get to a "happy ending." Instead, life is full of chapters. One chapter may have ended happily, but we don't know what lies ahead, as we are the authors of our lives and we live and write it at the same time. 

Again, I'm being greedy here so I'm going to sneak in one more.

"HJJ, I was scared you were going to protect me again, but I'm so happy the ending has changed. This time, I protected you. You probably also know this by now, that even though I'm not by your side, I'll keep loving you. So be happy in all the moments I'm not in. Laugh a lot and receive a lot of love. I wish you'll live comfortably like how normal people, for a long, long time. I don't wish to become your scar or some type of nightmare. I love you." 

I love these lines. Knowing the full picture now, I understand SC's decision to erase his memories even more. The disadvantage of watching it while it's airing is that we get that week in between and sometimes, things that were said is forgotten. Receiving a high dosage of it all at once makes the story more complete. 

-----------------

@babyval22 HJJ, for me, is everything I ask for in a character. I've become so attached to him that I cannot let go. The last time I was attached to LMH's character in this way was during Faith. So I agree, HJJ is one of my favorite characters. 

I've always said it, and I say it again, if there's one thing LOTBS nailed, it is by showing how love transcends time and space. Like you, their love story to me is one of the best. During the run of the show, I think a lot of people asked for intensity and thriller factors. I may have asked for it along the way as well. In the end, when I look back, I somehow believe I would have been perfectly satisfied with just seeing the love story between him and her without side conflicts.

@Alice Mendoza chingu, you are quick! I am still stuck rerunning episode 20. I'm trying to allow the end to sink in and I fear marathoning the whole drama will enhance my SepAnx. I'm going to refrain from doing that until I get over this serious withdrawal. 

-------------

How was everyone's new year? I forgot to wish you all a very happy new year. I hope you guys had a great time!

Unforunately, I'm not on PC and can't post the kiss. Anyone after me mind doing it? Hahahaha. 

• Like 13

9.  Fav scene dramatic and funny for LMH (Soooo many to choose from.):

When his memories come flooding back and he runs down the street searching for Cheongie.

tumblr_okhuhrBjcu1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Soon thereafter, he realizes the "dumb jerk, pretty playboy" is non other than himself.

tumblr_okhuhrBjcu1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_okhuhrBjcu1w2zf0ho3_540.png

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Alice Mendoza said:

PLEASE continue to re-post gifs of THE KISS on every page of this forum!!! 

39 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

Unforunately, I'm not on PC and can't post the kiss. Anyone after me mind doing it? Hahahaha. 

With pleasure, but I'll post a different part for further analysis.  (Feel free to augment with another gif post, anyone else.)  :)

tumblr_okcnase5v81sw8ut9o6_250.gif&key=d

@mythicalove (I'm saving your "favorites" posts to read later.) 

• Like 11

@1ouise his dimple, his jawline, the veins on his neck, his Adam's Apple, the way he kisses her then smiles, the way she kisses him then smiles, the way he caresses her hair. and the way she holds onto his arms... Why are they so sweet?! *dies*

You named two of my favorite HJJ scenes! :wub:

@TrucB hahahaha, I, too, was impressed by the dumb salesman. I wish we would have seen him more. 

• Like 11

Hello Lobsters!

i want to play the game once I've rewatched the series. I have so many favorites I don't know which one to pick. 

In the meantime... I posted this Facebook live poll from Chuutalk happening right now. Please vote for LOTBS if you can. Thanks and Happy Lunar New Year to all!

https://www.facebook.com/CHUUTALK/videos/1299215293498590/?pnref=story

• Like 12

As requested...

Actually I can answer one of the questions now. 

3. Favorite Kiss

Altho I love the romantic goodbye kiss, the 'dirty love' kiss is hands down my favorite kiss. Aside from the french kiss, i find the whole dirty love scene so sweet ! I was grinning during this scene the whole time. 

26xBEH0gHwW94Yzfi.gif&key=331177fa21a822

• Like 16
  • Awesome 1

You guys are doing great at the favorite moments game! I had forgotten some of the scenes, particularly the early episodes so this is bringing back sweet memories for me.

you don't have to limit yourselves to one choice because I know some are more difficult e.g. Favorite line.  

@1ouise: I love your choice for fav words of wisdom from yoona.  So true.

• Like 11

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:
Spoiler

1.  Favorite (fav) line (a) HJJ/KDR  (b)  SC/SW

2.  Fav cameo

3.  Fav kiss (I think we know which is best

4.  Fav bromance

5.  Fav HJJ Impersonation

6.  Fav OST:

7.  Fav epilogue (wish we had more to chose from)

8.  Fav supporting character (a) male (b) female

9.  Fav scene (a) dramatic/sad (b) funny

10. Fav sound effect

11.  Fav SC nickname:

12.  Fav words of wisdom (a) Yoo Na (b)  Homeless Fashionista

13.  fav bromance line:

14.  Best fashion style of (a) HJJ  (b) SC

15.  Fav cute expression of  (a) HJJ  (b) SC

16. Fav stunt

17.  fav loving moment

1) a. "Where we went, what we did, what we ate, what you said, when you laughed, how pretty you were. You may have been able to erase those kind of things, but you can't erase you from me" - HJJ

b. "Heo Joon Jae is my Joon Jae. Don't mess with him" - SC

2) Of course Jo Jung Seok. 

3) tumblr_oj24llbdcs1tkkiq7o3_r1_400.gif

4) Three con-men and detective mimi B)

5) In 1st episode, when he acted as the prosecutor. He looked so freakin handsome.

tumblr_oj24llbdcs1tkkiq7o4_r1_400.gif

6) Lyn - Love Story is still my favorite

7) HJJ and merman had a talk.

8) a) Tae Oh

b. Homeless Fashionista

9) a. Scene where DR and SH died together was definitely heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. Definitely a favourite.

b. So many funny moments to choose, but, I think sauna scenes were my top favourite.

10) The lightning sound effect when HJJ remembered about the "jerk" that was actually him and when SC was told that she needs to fast.

11) Him-Cheong

12) a-b. I think I need to rewatch the drama :D

13) "She saved uri Joon Jae" -JND to HJJ

14) a. I like HJJ's style when he was trying to con CSA family. I like his slightly parted hairstyle.

b. I like SC's outfit when she pinned HJJ to wall and tried to erase his memories.

15) a. When he was jealous of TO taking pictures of SC

b. When SC tried to eat pasta with a fork for the first time.

16) When KDR saved SH.

17) So many loving moments and I love them all. If I need to pick one, I think I'll pick the last scene where HJJ and SC walked together to their house near the ocean, watched tv together, and sat on the bench at the beach. I also love KDR and SH's moment when HJJ tried to re-create happy ending for their story. Just watched DR and SH had their happy ending made me sad and happy at the same time (I just want them to be happy :bawling:

Edited by MadraRua
Inserted spoiler tags for quoted long post
  • Like 11

10.  Fav sound effect:

The sound of electricity shooting from Tao-oh's eyes when he glares jealously at Joon-jae.

tumblr_okhzuwVeMh1w2zf0ho1_540.png

11.  Fav SC nickname:

위 방 -- wi bang -- upper room  (I'm proud of myself for understanding what he was saying without subs, but I really like this one.)

tumblr_okhzvmBNkA1w2zf0ho1_540.png

• Like 12

Guest Moonrain
16 hours ago, TrucB said:

I am sorry to read that some of you are sick, and mostly because of crying when watching the last episode. Please take good care and hope you get well soon.

@Moonrain while I don't want you and me to get sick, I really want to be alone, all by myself now, free from any responsibility or commitment, so  I can re-watch the drama from the beginning in one go, and to laugh and cry all along . At the end of the story, I suddenly feel like there might be a lot of details and beautiful scenes I didn't notice before. But I haven't found a legit excuse to marathon it. <_<

To All who celebrate Luna New Year, Happy New Year to you and your family!!!!

Thanks, i didnt finish the marathon as i got too drowsy from the medication. Yeah re-watching it is a good idea coz there might be some scenes that were overlooked. i want to answer @CarolynH too once im done with all the episodes :) 

4 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

Happy Lunar New Year. 

Now marathoning LOTBS on my cable TV. Already ep 8. 

I'm also marathoning the show on one TV Asia. They're running live broadcast marathon of LOTBS of 10 ep each today and Tmr. Hahahs. Too bad there's CNY visiting to do so can't really watch it in its entirety but I'm broadcasting it whenever I go. 

3 hours ago, mythicalove said:

In the end, when I look back, I somehow believe I would have been perfectly satisfied with just seeing the love story between him and her without side conflicts.

*swoons* I know right! I'm loving the show because of the main story line. Some people are talking about how the show shld show more focus on the sub line, for eg the conflict, family portion and focus less on the main couple. I beg to differ. I'm glad we have our focus on the main couple. They're the reason why I watched it after all!

You guys are awesome bringing back all the fave moments and lines from the show. Goodness! Reading all these brings back sweet memories man! Lucky we dun have Chungie amongst us who wants to erase this beautiful memory. Heh. #beinglame 

Anyway,  I want to check if anyone know where I can find 1080 HD Eng subbed nicely episodes to download? Can't wait for the DVD to come out though! Hope it comes out with all those extra goodies! Will definitely purchase one! 

On another note, I know I shouldn't let this affect me but I really have to get it off my chest. I really really hate it when people compare this show to MLFAS. Apart from similar writer and actors, there are nothing similar between the story line. Yes, while I agree that MLFAS is a better drama in terms of actions, mystery, thrillers and etc, if you take away all those, just base on the love plot, I still think this show wins hands down. 

And to comment on JJH and LMH chemistry is somewhat disappointing, I truly didn't think so. I honestly thought that they do have the chemistry. It might not be the sizzling kind but it's a different kind of chemistry and I believe, also because of the plot of the drama. Their chemistry is about eternal love, along the line of being sweet and heartwarming. This feeling this show gives is more towards the sweet, cute and eternal love kind and not those kind of hot sizzling love although they did go there in the end. Hahahs. I think they just prolly look too damn good visually together that people can't think of anything else but that. Gah. 

• Like 12

On 1/5/2017 at 8:38 AM, alleram95 said:

HJJ: All right. I didn’t hate you nor afraid of you. I just knew that you are someone who is a little bit special / different / strange from our first meeting, so I just think like that

tumblr_oki1kdAIs51w2zf0ho1_540.png

1.  Fav line from HJJ:

When SC learned that HJJ had been hearing her thoughts and realized he knew she was a mermaid, she asked what he thought.  The words themselves are pretty ordinary, but I LOVE what he is saying here.

14.  Best fashion style of HJJ:

The "boyfriend" look at the end. 

tumblr_oki2c9Y3CL1w2zf0ho1_540.png

• Like 11

Guest Moonrain
1 hour ago, babyval22 said:

Anyway,  I want to check if anyone know where I can find 1080 HD Eng subbed nicely episodes to download? Can't wait for the DVD to come out though! Hope it comes out with all those extra goodies! Will definitely purchase one! 

Reveal hidden contents

On another note, I know I shouldn't let this affect me but I really have to get it off my chest. I really really hate it when people compare this show to MLFAS. Apart from similar writer and actors, there are nothing similar between the story line. Yes, while I agree that MLFAS is a better drama in terms of actions, mystery, thrillers and etc, if you take away all those, just base on the love plot, I still think this show wins hands down. 

And to comment on JJH and LMH chemistry is somewhat disappointing, I truly didn't think so. I honestly thought that they do have the chemistry. It might not be the sizzling kind but it's a different kind of chemistry and I believe, also because of the plot of the drama. Their chemistry is about eternal love, along the line of being sweet and heartwarming. This feeling this show gives is more towards the sweet, cute and eternal love kind and not those kind of hot sizzling love although they did go there in the end. Hahahs. I think they just prolly look too damn good visually together that people can't think of anything else but that. Gah. 

i downloaded from 2 sites but drama**** seems to have the most quality...

Edited by Moonrain
Please no illegal streaming sites

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

1.  Fav line from HJJ:

When SC learned that HJJ had been hearing her thoughts and realized he knew she was a mermaid, she asked what he thought.  The words themselves are pretty ordinary, but I LOVE what he is saying here.

14.  Best fashion style of HJJ:

The "boyfriend" look at the end. 

Wow. Such a simple line but I agree, it's one of the sweetest. To him, the fact that she is a mermaid, doesn't make him her see any different. SC really found herself the perfect man to love her. 

Hehehe, I love how you named it the "boyfriend" look. What about the "husband" look? I think it can be either or. :wub:

I also love love love love your choice of nickname! God, remembering him call her that makes me miss the days they used to bicker in his room. 

• Like 9

13 hours ago, babyval22 said:

Hahahs. The important point is even if she did swim away.. She will always return back to him. Hahahahs. :D

Hope so :D...for JJ sake :wink:

You know..it would be nice to have her ability to erase things from memory...hubby:  don't think i saw these shoes before...wifey: no honey you r wrong :wink:

Its easy to joke now leaving our OTP happy together :)

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Hope so :D...for JJ sake :wink:

You know..it would be nice to have her ability to erase things from memory...hubby:  don't think i saw these shoes before...wifey: no honey you r wrong :wink:

Its easy to joke now leaving our OTP happy together :)

Hahahahaha and if she ever did anything wrong to get him angry in any way, she can just easily erase it. :lol: It's nice to be SC. Lol. 

To be fair, he can hear her voice. So the downfall is, she can never hide anything from him. It's not that nice to be her after all. Lol. 

Except, HJJ is the most considerate man in this world. He never once did take advantage of her. Whenever she would be angry and asked him to step away, he'd do for her and he would wear headphones and blast the volume. Awwwwhhh, this is why I can't get over him, he is too sweet.

• Like 11

@CarolynH let's play:) I have picked the easy ones first

Best HJJ impersonation-William Choi -son of hospital's director:heart:

64441a2fjw1fabyc3amv7g209q0afhdz_zpskbze

Best Cameo Jo Jong Suk

Fav SC nickname  Swag Chung

Fav. Bromance -Con artist trio and detective Mimi

Best bromance line -in ep 16, when the con artist trio head out to JJ's father's house, disguised as exterminators, detective says "don't do anything illegal and be careful" and his partner asks "are you sending off your son" :lol:

Best OST-Wind Flower by Lee Sun Hee- Just by listening to this song, I could visualize how KDR and SH died together and tears start rolling down my cheeks. :cold_sweat:

Fav scene-dramatic /sad  : When KDR and SH died together. He sacrificed his life to save the mermaid he loved and she made a choice to die with him. It was heart breaking to see KDR smiling at her even while he was drawing his last breath. :bawling:The OST " Wind Flower"and my most memorable scene go hand in hand.

did I make you chingudeul sad?? 

okay I'll do another one:) 

Best fashion style of SC -She was absolutely beautiful in that party dress, at night club :heart: . Copied this from @bebe1989 post on page 354

IMG_9029.gif

cr Purple_Candy/ICE Mino Beyond/Momo

• Like 12