[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@annie1234 to be honest I don't think Boracay is a good place to film. There are tons of people there whole year round so it'll be hard for the staff to control the crowd and let them film. That is why if ever they'll need to film near the sea then a different place is a better option.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, zerra24 said:

i want to ask u guys here....i remember JJH shoot scene underwater maybe in overseas she's in mermaidform n wearing shades ...and i think i never see that scene .....correct me if i'm wrong....:unsure: i hope the last ep next wik after the kissing ..they end up sleeping  together :wink: n HJJ send her off n saw her being a beautiful mermaid....:)Hoping the happy ending...to our lovely ..sweet couple..i'm so inlove with them...no one can beat this couple..:grin:

Agree @zerra24.  Perhaps they'll end up sleeping together as their love was too great for them to not to.  This is like parting, maybe forever (as SC sees it though am not hoping so) and loving each other as HJJ and SC do through centuries would render it too unrealistic for them not to be united in this way.  (Whereas for KDR and SH it was because of the Joseon era, I suppose, where people were restrained and reserved). 

Btw, I also wanted to add one of LMH's acting skills is he's always able to portray HJJ or KDR so realistically in all scenes.

• Like 5

I am crediting Rach from the Dramabeans comments for this:

Rach

20 Jan 2017

Finale Wish:

do the dirty love HJJ and SC.

separate so that SC can heal. 

forward to three years.

HJJ walks along the beach recalling their lovestory (yes, he retains his memories) and from the sea SC emerges, slowly walks towards the beach and HJJ runs towards her. 

Only to stop because he sees something else emerge behind SC. A small person, with shining eyes and a gap toothed grin. SC takes the young one’s hands and smiles. HJJ crouches down and gazes at his face.

SC: Hoo Jon Jae, meet your son. We’ve come home.

The End

Epilogue:
the merbaby being a product of a human and a mermaid can gain his legs even at a young age, hence he continued to flit back and forth from his two homes- land and sea.

And my reply to Rach below: (THANKS for the GREAT inspiration, Rach!! PLEASE read this, Writer Nim!! How do we send email petitions to Writer Nim?? Also, may need to translate into Korean ...)

•  

Alice Mendoza

20 Jan 2017

DAEBAK!! Absolutely LOVE this!! Yes, they should just proceed on to the UPPER ROOM to do the DIRTY love – then SC can say goodbye and then fast forward to 3 years’ time! 

There should be a pair of TWINS – the fish genes would be producing more than one offspring – a totally cute boy and an adorable and beautiful little girl! They don’t need to look like each other! HJJ can meet SC again in that Hercules Tower place in Spain and by then HJJ would have taken over his father’s real estate conglomerate and expand into building resorts in Spain and the rest of Europe – so they will all live in a magnificent and awesome resort-like castle near the sea!! Nam Doo, Tae Ho, Shi Ah & SA’s Brother and sis-in-law will all help to run the business – together with Homeless Fashionista.

And maybe, just maybe, Yoo Na got adopted by HJJ & Mum cos something happened to her Mum (I think her Mum was working in a finance related industry, so maybe her Mum got into trouble with the law and has to go to prison – but it’s okay because HJJ volunteered to take care of Yoona)!

Ok, so that wraps up the modern storyline – need to think about Joseon storyline – Cos I really wish to see KDR & SH again, one last time …

• Like 11

@Alice Mendoza  Saw this and loved it!  Thanks for sharing.

Besides showing the possibility of love between man and mermaid, mom’s story verified the possibility of “union” between man and mermaid.  If you were concerned, Heo Joon-jae, let the story put your mind at ease.  Haha  :)

As @gentlelily12 said, "loving each other as HJJ and SC do through centuries would render it too unrealistic for them not to be united in this way."

In my opinion, the most satisfying portrayal is to leave most of it to the imagination.  (My imagination is already in overdrive.)

Hope to see more rom-com cuteness too!

tumblr_ok4xm8RL6Q1w2zf0ho1_540.gif

• Like 10

Crediting DramaJunkie from comments at asianwiki.com:

DramajunkieJan 20 2017 12:02 amSo I watched Episode 19, and I was so gutted. Episode 19 was phenomenal. This is how the drama should've been all series. I agree with BMR39 below that the entire cast carried this drama and not really the plot. The quality of the acting was really great from everyone. Like literally every single cast member was good. Even those that I thought were weak at one point ended so strong. Everyone from the main leads to the friends to the villains to the moms to the detectives to the little girl and the homeless woman to the greedy couple. Everyone. I realize now that the problem was the writing. For example, I thought the villains were weak at the beginning but turns out it was just that they didn't have the words to really be menacing. The villains were redeemed in the end. Great acting.

LMH and JJH were also amazing together. They are like a pair of gloves. Not only do they look spectacular together, but they have such a good range as a couple. They're great when they're arguing and intense. They're great when they're goofing around with each other. They're great when they are just riding in a car and being quiet with each other. They're great when there is skinship. I just loved seeing them on screen together. There was a bit of modesty here and there around the middle that I think disappointed viewers, but honestly I believe the writing is to blame for that because this couple clearly has the power to heat things up. I think there were a lot of theories floating around like LMH trying to be respectful of a married woman. PD trying to be cautious because JJH was a new mom. JJH being cautious because her husband would get jealous. lol. While all of this is plausible, it is the PD and writer's responsibility to address that. Whoever made the executive decision to have them be cautious/modest with each other in some scenes made a poor decision. They really could have scorched the screen with their chemistry if given the opportunity to do so. I'm not saying they had to go crazy but there is a lot of ways to show passion through small gestures which could've been written in there. I just believe it is writing that is what dialed them down in the middle of the series. The PD is probably also to blame for not doing something about it.

Having said all this, this was my favorite drama for this year because of the cast as a whole. I wish this could've been absolutely epic. Don't get me wrong I loved it and will remember this drama and will miss it, but this could've been blockbuster material. Sorry if I'm being hard on the writer because clearly she's talented.

But yeah this episode was so great. LMH and JJH should honestly do a movie together and bring some of the supporting cast with them. I think LMH really matured as an actor and showed so many different sides to him in this drama. I hope the actors read through these forums to see that we appreciated their acting and that they did a fantastic job. Seriously great job, LMH and JJH!! Do a caper/mystery/thriller together!! It will be so fun to watch!!

Edited by Alice Mendoza
To highlight points
  • Like 15

@Alice Mendoza I could not have agreed more with the comment from dramajunkie. 

While l don't think that HJJ and SC's chemistry was sizzling and on fire when they kissed in the latest episode, I actually think the melo-down mood and the passion was perfect for that particular scene. Other times, when they argue, I feel their chemistry intensely. And at times, they are cute, as when they play around with each other and chase after one another or pin each other to the wall. Hahaha. And then of course, at times, like the kiss by the ladder, I feel their chemistry bursting! I find their chemistry makes a full circle. They're great at giving all feels. 

• Like 12

Lobsters!! Hi  :))

Do you remember on the day that LBS had press conference, a photo of Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun in water was shared around?? 

In the photo, Lee Min Ho was wearing a black long sleeves shirt and Jun ji Hyun was wearing a cream-color coat?? They were about kissing each other. I was trying 2 find in instagram but there is so many pictures and I couldn't find 

PS   I think the picture was spread around on the day of press conference

PSS   I found the picture :))))  We still haven't seen this.  Does anyone have any information about this picture??

Credit: as tagged

• Like 9

http://m.star.naver.com/minho/news/end?id=8819313&langCode=en

A clear reason why the role for ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ had to be Lee Min Ho

OSEN | 2017.01.20 10:11
last updated | 2017.01.20 16:10

201701200927773671_58815ee58a1f4_99_2017

[OSEN=Park Jin Young] “I think my love would be longer than my life. So my love won’t be ending in this life.”

Actor Lee Min Ho is fevering up ‘The Legends of the Blue Sea’ with his emotional acting. It was enough to prove why the character of Heo Joon-jae was supposed to be acted by Lee Min Ho. While the drama is ahead of airing the last episode, it is expected whether Lee Min Ho would make a happy ending and become the most influential “lover guy”.
Lee Min Ho is acting the role of Heo Joon-jae who falls in love with Shim Chung (Jun Ji-hyun) on SBS Wed-Thurs drama ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’. He had to act the role of Damryung in the past and Heo Joon-jae in the future, but his various charms attracted the hearts of the viewers.
Moreover, though the traits of Damryung and Heo Joon-jae were different, the two was in love with the same mermaid. Lee Min Ho had perfectly acted these two roles; receiving good comments from the viewers. In the recent episode, Joon-jae cried in sorrow due to the death of his father and to Shim Chung, who was shot by a gun while protecting for him.
During the 19th episode aired on Jan. 19, Joon-jae cried out while holding on to the hands of Shim Chung who was hospitalized after saving him. Joon-jae’s sadness and sorrow were perfectly express through the skilled acting of Lee Min Ho.

201701200927773671_58815eeb86d95_99_2017

Also, after Shim Chung woke up, he held her hands and confessed his love, “I think my love would be longer than my life. So my love won’t be ending in this life.” It was the scene that his love for Shim Chung was shown, which he didn’t have to hide it anymore. Lee Min Ho expressed the emotions of Heo Joon-jae through his heartrending eyes, facial expressions, and voice. This was enough to raise the viewers’ attention.
This also led to a sadder relationship. They had to part ways for the sake of each other and promised to love constantly and to meet again someday. This is why the viewers are expecting for a happy ending. The viewers rating this day also peaked. It had set 21% (based on national broadcasts), which was the highest among all episodes. It is highly expected whether their love will lead to a happy ending. /parkjy@osen.co.kr
[Picture] SBS, screenshot images of ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, nika94 said:

PS   I think the picture was spread around on the day of press conference

PSS   I found the picture :))))  We still haven't seen this.  Does anyone have any information about this picture??

I think it is this scene they are wearing same shirts 

tumblr_ohd6raF3sC1ttxe3mo3_400.gif

• Like 8

Hi Lobsters!  happy weekend!

Just a reminder to please hang around after the drama ends to participate in our best/favorite moments from LBS. I think it will be fun to reminisce about the drama and read what the favorite moments were from our group.    You don't need to have an answer for each category.   I have 13 now with some subparts.  If you have any more suggestions, please PM me.  I will probably post the list next Sat or Sun since I'm sure we will all be talking about the final episode for a couple of days and I don't want the list to get lost in the posts.  

Before I forget, thank you JJH fans for being so gracious and sharing your princess with us.  I think we learned more about JJH through your posts.  

@Alice Mendoza:  I think the Homeless Fashionista should be the CFO for the real estate company.  That would be hilarious given her current financial status.

MOre of my 2 cents later this weekend!

• Like 12

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I think it is this scene they are wearing same shirts 

This was already shown. They were being chased by the goons and SC pulled HJJ and jumped off the cliff. SC erased HJJ's memories of her while in Spain. Next episode scenes taken was HJJ heads back to Seoul.

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not quote images
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, zerra24 said:

i want to ask u guys here....i remember JJH shoot scene underwater maybe in overseas she's in mermaidform n wearing shades ...and i think i never see that scene .....correct me if i'm wrong....:unsure: i hope the last ep next wik after the kissing ..they end up sleeping  together :wink: n HJJ send her off n saw her being a beautiful mermaid....:)Hoping the happy ending...to our lovely ..sweet couple..i'm so inlove with them...no one can beat this couple..:grin:

First few episodes of LOTBS... It was when SC was headed to Seoul to find HJJ. 

Hoping for a happy ending as well. Can't wait to watch the final episode. Although I am having mixed emotions knowing that it'll be the last for LOTBS.  *sighs*:cold_sweat:

• Like 6

Hi Lobsters!

i just want to share this in case you want to participate. This is from Legend of the Blue Sea Kdrama facebook page. Thanks and have a nice weekend. 

--------------------------------------------------

Attention guys !!!!!!!

We are going to trend Legend Of The Blue Sea episode 20 which is the last episode on 25th, 01, 2017.

By using this hashtag #LOTBSFINALE

Please use this hashtag together in the post that relate to the end of LOTBS in order to support all the cast and esp the last episode of this wonderful drama... 

For those who own Twitter and Instagram accounts, please also trend every post with this hashtag... 

Share with your friends and don't forget to make it TREND 2764.png2764.png2764.png2764.png

• Like 9

Guest Moonrain

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I think the Homeless Fashionista should be the CFO for the real estate company.  That would be hilarious given her current financial status.

Lol :lol:

I have a feeling Namdoo is gonna take over Dad's company as i dont see Joon Jae doing it.

I wish there is no time jump. But given that the ending of ep19 is like ep8? where Se Hwa was sent back to sea to recuperate, a time jump is imminent. And it makes me sad :( 

Why cant Joon Jae just buy a house near the beach to make it easier for Chung? Then they can have all the dirty love that they, and we lobsters, want.

And why is Chung saying that she might not come back? I cant have another reincarnation for an ending please.

Cant wait for the preview on Monday. I hope SBS wont delay it again like last week.

@Alice Mendoza,thanks for sharing that post. I'd say I have to agree in terms of how some scenes appeared as if it was shot with caution. I did have the same observation especially during the first time that SC and HJJ kissed in this drama. I commented about how the scene looked like a still shot. No head nor an actual lip action. Actors, Directors and Writers plays a big part on how a certain scene should look like. The execution depends on the Actors. The instructions comes from the Directors. As for the Writers, they just want to see their works come alive. I guess the Cameramen could've been more playful with the shots especially during kissing scenes so it wouldn't look more like a still shot. Probably just like how DMJ kissed CSY at the red carpet event in MLFAS kind of thing. Just saying...  Although we already know that even without the kissing or "skinship" the chemistry of both Actors can be felt. How good Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho as Actors can be observed in the scene even without any lines being uttered was when SC revealed to HJJ through her thoughts that she is a mermaid not knowing that HJJ can hear her.  I believe that alone can already explain how good both Actors are in their craft. Their eyes and body language can speak for themselves.:wink:

Anyway, it's the beginning of a new week. A few more days left and we're about to see the final episode. Hang tight folks and get your boxes of kleenex ready. If only we can all gather around and watch ep 20. I'm pretty sure the room will be flooded with pink pearls and we'll be as rich as Jun Ji Hyun in real life.:D:D:D

• Like 12

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Before I forget, thank you JJH fans for being so gracious and sharing your princess with us.  I think we learned more about JJH through your posts.  

You're very much welcome @CarolynH! Thanks as well for sharing your Prince. You guys did help me in changing my perception of LMH as an actor. Thanks to LOTBS for giving LMH the chance to play the role alongside JJH.. it made me learn to appreciate him as an Actor. Looking forward to their next projects.:wink:

• Like 10