[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Lee Min-ho looking at his script every chance he gets

photo800703.jpg

Lee Min-ho was spotted reading his script at every chance he gets.

With the thirteenth episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" coming up this week, stills of Heo Joon-jae (Lee Min-ho) were released by the production.

Lee Min-ho has his script in his hand and his eyes are sparkling with interest. At the same time, all of his concentration is on the script.

According to the productions, Lee Min-ho has used every chance he has to look at his script. He's so engrossed in his script that it's possible he is Heo Joon-jae by DNA.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" will be shown on the 28th at 10PM.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-lee-min-ho-looking-at-his-script-every-chance-he-gets-101910.html

• Like 9

4 hours ago, briseis said:

Meant for Each Other

“Wait. So, that bastard was me. Not some other guy. It was me all along.”

How awesome and heart-tugging is that after a revelation that the woman he has fallen in love with is a mermaid, Joon Jae is not only completely undaunted by it but his foremost thought is that he is the man Shim Chung loves? (JJ’s realization and embarrassment that he’s been actually cockblocking himself this whole time and his subsequent elation and bliss are gold!) He takes the fact that she is basically a different species as a mere afterthought, as if her origin was an inherent and inseparable part of her, just like her smile, simply just another part of her he loves. It’s ironic that Shim Chung biggest fear all this time has been that he would leave her for her mermaid nature.

Therefore it’s only fitting and symbolic that her mermaid nature, the fact  she’s so strange, so very different from the humans who would abandon their loved ones for something someone else IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS HE FELL FOR HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. Joon Jae has such a uncompromising and high standards about love that in the end it makes complete sense THAT THE ONLY WOMAN THAT HE COULD FALL IN LOVE WITH, THE ONLY ONE GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM, WOULD BE A MERMAID - a member of a different species who can love only once in their lifetime, who are growing extinct because they cannot change. IT’S BEEN HIS FATE ALL ALONG THAT HE WOULD FALL IN LOVE WITH A WOMAN WHO WOULD RISK IT ALL FOR LOVE AND DIE IF NOT LOVED BACK.

Just like mermaids, Joon Jae desires a love that would last a lifetime; perhaps he is a part mermaid himself or maybe it’s because HE IS MEANT FOR SHIM CHUNG JUST LIKE SHE IS MEANT FOR HIM.

Beautifully said, anything and everything you have to say! :wub:

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

Looking forward to Episode 13. @mythicaloveYou were right in guessing that KDR is forced by his arrest to get on the boat or ship. However, I think  the subtitles indicated that he is going to a penal settlement so instead of trial, I think he is being sent to prison. The picture above shows LMH filming with this horse with a hood and he is wearing a purple outfit. I don't think I saw him in this purple costume or riding this horse. I thought it might be in a future scene. However, episode 13 is probably the last of KDR on a ship so I don't think this scene will be shown. Am I mistaken? Did this scene already occur but I missed it somehow?

A lot will be happening tomorrow. CSA and HJJ mom realizing who HJJ really is. HJJ father had collapsed. Did he die? HJJ  realizing that the sad end is not only of KDR but also SW and he wants their modern day love story to end differently.

@CarolynH yup, you're most certainly correct, he was on his way to get punished more so than to go to trial. It was an unforunate and inevitable choice, he was forced to be on a ship he knew would sink. So he will die then, tomorrow? I will be sad but I have prepared my heart since the very beginning to let go of him, therefore, I should be ok. :bawling:

On another note, I am so happy to see that HJJ knows now. He is now fully in sync with KDR and realizes the obstacle ahead of them, and his love for SC will cause him to go until the end of this world to save her. It's most certainly sweet that he hugs her, as though it was a hug that he longed for since hundreds of years ago, because he is, after all, KDR. It's sweet that he is fulfilling his promise to reunite with her, to love her, to protect her, and to be with her. This is such a bittersweet love story. 

@Do An lol, I am uncertain if there is such an award but I definitely think they should win the best couple award. :) that would be nice. 

• Like 8

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Jeon Ji-hyeon meets Nah Yeong-hee, Lee Min-ho's mother

photo800719.jpg

Jeon Ji-hyeon is going to meet Nah Yeong-hee.

On the upcoming episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", Jeon Ji-hyeon and Nah Yeong-hee are going to run into each other in an extreme situation.

In the stills released, Nah Yeong-hee is on the ground with her groceries sprawled out on the ground. Her bag had been snatched by a thief.

Cheong witnesses this and runs after the thief in an attempt to get her bag back.

The chance of Joon-jae meeting his mother again has become highly possible. The episode is coming on the 28th at 10PM.

http://www.hancinema.net/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-jeon-ji-hyeon-meets-nah-yeong-hee-lee-min-ho-s-mother-101912.html

• Like 7

Special Episode of 'Legend of the Blue Sea' to Air Thursday

C0wHzbyUsAAmPQD.jpg

A special episode of the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" starring actors Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho will air this week, its broadcaster SBS TV said Wednesday. 

The special episode will air Thursday and be a summary of the plot so far. 

The fantasy romance is currently facing a storm of public criticism over its similar storyline with the 2013-14 hit drama "My Love from the Star" and its slow plot development.

Due to the upcoming episode, the 14th episode will be postponed to Jan. 4. 

"The special episode, which will be based on the romance between Shim Chung (played by Jun), the mermaid from the Joseon Dynasty, and Heo Joon Jae (played by Lee) will allow viewers to skim through the first half of the drama like watching a movie," SBS said. (Yonhap)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612281743077440499_2

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

The fantasy romance is currently facing a storm of public criticism over its similar storyline with the 2013-14 hit drama "My Love from the Star" and its slow plot development.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612281743077440499_2

Wait, am I missing something here? As far as I know, netizens have been enjoying the show and there's been no public criticism in terms of being "too similar" to MLFAS. Where are they siting their source from? I'm totally confused. 

Dear god, I hope none of that is true. In my opinion, the two dramas have very little in common, the biggest being that JJH is the female lead and the writer. But if those are the only two real similarities, it doesn't count. 

• Like 8

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Hints At Major Developments To Come

the legend of the blue sea lee min ho 00

“The Legend of the Blue Sea,” ahead of episode 13, has hinted at major developments in the story to come.

A drama source stated that the character relationships and events — both present and past — will become deeper and more intertwined as the show goes on. From Heo Jun Jae’s (Lee Min Ho‘s) story with his step brother and father to the danger posed to Shim Cheong (Jun Ji Hyun) from Ma Dae Young (Sung Dong Il), as well as characters’ connections and abilities to see bits of their past lives, the story is gaining more momentum as the end draws near.

Meanwhile, episode 14, originally scheduled for Thursday, December 29, has been rescheduled for next week. A special broadcast showing popular scenes from episodes 1-13 will air in its place.

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/28/legend-blue-sea-hints-major-developments-come/

• Like 7