[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

Just watched episode 34, and whoa i dont know if it's possible for me to cut the whole episode into strips. SO MANY GOOD MOMENTS! Hahaha! I especially liked the wedding scene of course. Might do the comic strip later this week though.

p/s: thanks guys for liking my comic strips!  Sometimes I wonder if others share my sentiments when I write the dialogues in haha!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ys and DJ could play the wannabe MIL act off by saying that she and DJ is faking a relationship to get rid of GP mom and his thug gang mom will agree and help also but they can actually tell his father the truth since he likes YS and understand her more.. But I also think when mom learns of dad condition she's going to also need YS around to help with running things in that house because she knows how Ms Lee like things done better then her on daughter do.. She will come around she'll just need time to adust to the idea of DJ and YS as a couple after she vent her anger.. DJ has the upperhand over this situation because all he has to do is tell her married rich like she liked and through out all those years of marriage he was never happy he tried to make his marriage work for her sake as she know it didn't.. So if he finds his happiness in YS then so be it.. 

2 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

Just watched episode 34, and whoa i dont know if it's possible for me to cut the whole episode into strips. SO MANY GOOD MOMENTS! Hahaha! I especially liked the wedding scene of course. Might do the comic strip later this week though.

p/s: thanks guys for liking my comic strips!  Sometimes I wonder if others share my sentiments when I write the dialogues in haha!

@wizuwizu..yes chinggu..i've been saving your strips on my desktop and keep on replaying them..keep them coming chinggu...hehe

And I agree yes, there are so many moments in this episode

December 18, 2016

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" Hyeon Woo and Lee Se-yeong, will they get married?

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo797360.jpg

Will Hyeon Woo and Lee Se-yeong get married?

On the recent episode of the KBS 2TV drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop", Choi Ji-yeon (Cha Joo-yeong) and Min Hyo-sang (Park Eun-seok) are about to interfere with Kang Tae-yang (Hyeon Woo) and Min Hyo-won's (Lee Se-yeong) love for each other.

Announcer Ji-yeon was blinded by love and abandoned Tae-yang, who had nothing, for Hyo-sang, the son of a major company. Tae-yang suffered from a trauma because of Ji-yeon but opened up his heart to Hyo-won.

However, there was another obstacle. Hyo-sang is Hyo-won's brother. Tae-yang was worried that his brother-in-law's wife was going to be his ex-girlfriend. He decided to talk to Hyo-won about it.

He started to tell her, "There is someone I met before I met you and I am going to tell you about her". Hyo-won asked if they were getting back together but Tae-yang said she was the only one in his life.

"You're the only one for me. But I feel like am fooling you so I need to tell you about her".

Hyo-won said, "I don't want to know. It's in the past and I don't think I need to know it. I don't want to think about what's one".

In the meanwhile, Ji-yeon was relieved to hear Hyo-sang say, "Let's get married quickly and don't let those two get married".

I just finish watching the subbed version of ep 34, and here are my additional thoughts to the one I post before:

1. I have always love TY's way of putting his foot down on his decisions. So, I really looovvveeee it when he told off JY to mind her own business and he would never succumb to her ridiculous requests anymore. And when he said that he loves HW, OMG!! I feel like hugging him (with th song A choo in the background),,,hahaha

2. I love  when DJ slept on YS's lap..OMG!! I totally missed the scene yesterday due to the lagged. LDG never fail to surprise me. And I like that he "replies' to YS's thoughts..

3. I do agree with some of you chinggu's who said that YS should finally put her foot down and be at par with DJ in terms of affection. I wish to see more than just pecks on the cheeks or the innocent smiles. Back hugs, affectionate hugging and, of course, kisses will be on top of my list..hehehe

4. I think the ultimate obstacle not GP nor GP's mom (actually she was about to back off judging her conversation with GP but she spoilt GP too much,,and she is still annoying) or even HJ but DJ's mom. She keep on pushing the idea it is not possible that YS can be with DJ. She already lost once when she finally give in to TP and DS, I think she would definitely go all out in opposing DJ and YS. But I am confident that DJ would not back out and I am so sure he will get all the supports from everyone else. Just that, to watch yet another drama where a parent opposing the choices the children make can be quite 'painful' like most Korean makjang drama.

5. I loooveee Ms Ko. Her no-nonsense and sarcastic way of putting her points out are so cute. I even thought that, in the last scene when she came out the car with "Pretty Woman" in the background, that TY might fall for her too..hahahaha.. I wish there is another man character for Ms Ko...

1 hour ago, inna75 said:

I just finish watching the subbed version of ep 34, and here are my additional thoughts to the one I post before:

1. I have always love TY's way of putting his foot down on his decisions. So, I really looovvveeee it when he told off JY to mind her own business and he would never succumb to her ridiculous requests anymore. And when he said that he loves HW, OMG!! I feel like hugging him (with th song A choo in the background),,,hahaha

2. I love  when DJ slept on YS's lap..OMG!! I totally missed the scene yesterday due to the lagged. LDG never fail to surprise me. And I like that he "replies' to YS's thoughts..

3. I do agree with some of you chinggu's who said that YS should finally put her foot down and be at par with DJ in terms of affection. I wish to see more than just pecks on the cheeks or the innocent smiles. Back hugs, affectionate hugging and, of course, kisses will be on top of my list..hehehe

4. I think the ultimate obstacle not GP nor GP's mom (actually she was about to back off judging her conversation with GP but she spoilt GP too much,,and she is still annoying) or even HJ but DJ's mom. She keep on pushing the idea it is not possible that YS can be with DJ. She already lost once when she finally give in to TP and DS, I think she would definitely go all out in opposing DJ and YS. But I am confident that DJ would not back out and I am so sure he will get all the supports from everyone else. Just that, to watch yet another drama where a parent opposing the choices the children make can be quite 'painful' like most Korean makjang drama.

5. I loooveee Ms Ko. Her no-nonsense and sarcastic way of putting her points out are so cute. I even thought that, in the last scene when she came out the car with "Pretty Woman" in the background, that TY might fall for her too..hahahaha.. I wish there is another man character for Ms Ko...

Hi, @inna75  

1. I have also love this about TY no nonsense character he's right why should he sacrafice for her now HW brother will try and rush a marriage with him and the golddigger but once mom finds out it's a no go no matter how much he claims he will disown and give up talking to her it's not going to work.. Also he's going to be facing a lot of problems with the company and everything also let's not forget what he promised GP.. Mom isn't going to like the facts that he tried to hide the golddiggers past from her so I;m looking forward to seeing mom tells her to kick cans and being the tyoe of person HW is she's subject to runoff and marry TY on her on if he allows it.. Love how he check the stupid son in episode 34 by telling him he won't be polite.. He will also try and get  involved in TY work when he can't get out of the mess he's in already with the company he's just going to make things worst and show how incompetent he is to TY.. 

3.4.  Restraining Order Restraining  Order

These are the words I have for YS, Before GP leaves the slammer have him served also serve crazy mama and GP goons they shouldn't be in no facinity she's in.. I don't get GP crazy mama is she afraid of her son or what she don't like YS but yet she's willing to do his bidding.. She knows for a fact that the so called marriage between YS and GP isn't legal but yet she's running around like a monkey with her head cut off doing whjat son wants.. I guess it's because once he's out he's YS or the next woman problem and no longer hers.. LOL SMH.. 

DJ mom will be a problem I do see she opposing DJ and YS but DJ is a grown man and has been for a while mom probably knows she's not going to win over her son because DJ don't seem like the mamas boy so she will play on YS intellegence.. 

6 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Hi, @inna75  

1. I have also love this about TY no nonsense character he's right why should he sacrafice for her now HW brother will try and rush a marriage with him and the golddigger but once mom finds out it's a no go no matter how much he claims he will disown and give up talking to her it's not going to work.. Also he's going to be facing a lot of problems with the company and everything also let's not forget what he promised GP.. Mom isn't going to like the facts that he tried to hide the golddiggers past from her so I;m looking forward to seeing mom tells her to kick cans and being the tyoe of person HW is she's subject to runoff and marry TY on her on if he allows it.. Love how he check the stupid son in episode 34 by telling him he won't be polite.. He will also try and get  involved in TY work when he can't get out of the mess he's in already with the company he's just going to make things worst and show how incompetent he is to TY.. 

These are the words I have for YS, Before GP leaves the slammer have him served also serve crazy mama and GP goons they shouldn't be in no facinity she's in.. I don't get GP crazy mama is she afraid of her son or what she don't like YS but yet she's willing to do his bidding.. She knows for a fact that the so called marriage between YS and GP isn't legal but yet she's running around like a monkey with her head cut off doing whjat son wants.. I guess it's because once he's out he's YS or the next woman problem and no longer hers.. LOL SMH.. 

DJ mom will be a problem I do see she opposing DJ and YS but DJ is a grown man and has been for a while mom probably knows she's not going to win over her son because DJ don't seem like the mamas boy so she will play on YS intellegence.. 

@sava2sava chinggu..yess..that's why I was annoyed. It's like she is trying to make a 7 year old boy from stop crying because his doll was taken away...hahahaha..

I also think DJ will wise up...just like his Dad mentioned in one of the scenes

11 minutes ago, pinkdicentra said:

@inna75 It's Kim Dong Kyu's "A Wonderful Day in October." Didn't they change the lyrics to December in the drama?

Actually, Lee Dong Gun had preformed the song before in a military event with Kim Jeong Hoon and Park Hwan.

OMG!! @pinkdicentra..u made my day chinggu...now I found new love for LDG..hehehe..he is so awesome..and the original song was daebakk..

I just wish I can see LDG's face clearly in the second video..hehehe..but. @pinkdicentra  chinggu...kamsahanida..saranghae..now I can sleep peacefully...hehehe

no wonder LDG was comfortable singing the harmony. And yes they change it to December. Really beautiful...

53 minutes ago, caranthir_idril said:

woohoooo exactly babe..... this is soooo her heheheeee

@caranthir_idril and @peggygordon..agreee chinggus...and she deserve to  suddenly change to dusts (eventually) just like this one...hehehe

Had just replayed ep 33 and 34 to check my translations :wub: and not surprised that the rating climbed up to 33%! Congratulations! Will they hold a fan-meeting or press-conference again if the rating sets new record? We would love to see the casts now, since they already interacts more than 4 months now, their chemistry must be better:wub:

Almost beats Descendant of The Sun final episode (34.5%) i wonder if this drama will score more than 35% on its final episode, how i wish!

Few things i really love from ep 33 and 34:

1. Kudos to DJ! In regular K-dramas, usually the lead actor will be "too kind" to ex-wives, because of guilt he still have pity on her, willing to take her home, accompany her drinking, etc and often causing misunderstandings...BUT in DJ's case, daebak! No compromise, sorry HJ:phew: He even say things like "it's not easy to reheat feelings that has been cold" and "you really have no clue, people who love each other won't abandon each other. Oh, you have never been in love before, so you won't get it" hahaha i was laughing so hard, you go DJ! (Writer Nim, you have my heart). And also DJ loving gaze to Yunshil, sleeping on her lap, squeeze her hands when DS&SJ are announced husband & wife...DJ teasing YS of planning to not propose to her since she already said "yes" :w00t: and how DJ showed that YS is his priority, booked a suite room and even 'make' one room in his house. Will we get to see their married life? I hope Mr Lee get to see one grandchild before he lose his sight...

2. SJ really has grown up! I love how he thinks about saving money for Da Jeong wedding, and even mention Da Jeong in his wedding vow...and how Dae Jong affectionately hug SJ before handed DS hands to him....

3. The four gentlemen really takes care of each other as sworn brothers. How DJ covers up for SD when he got home so late, SD backed DJ up in front of his parents, SJ helps SD escape from SY tailing him, and TY calls DJ to tell him that YS is sleeping in the sauna. This is just my thought, but maybe the title is not explicitly saying the four of them will work in the tailor shop? Because i think TY and SJ won't work there, well maybe as a model yes, but not sewing etc. I was wondering if the title means the four gentlemen start their relationship there, in the tailor shop...

4. How i love Mrs.Ko!!! Can't wait to see her in ep 35, as TY road manager...

5. You go, TY! My fav line is "If that bother you, you can just break up with Min Hyo Sang". JY attitude is intolerable....She really is an ingrate. If I'm not mistaken it is TY who paid her college tuition so she could become who she is now.

6. How Mr.Lee Man Sool understands DJ-YS relationship and supporting them. He is the one who decide that YS should stay at his home and greet YS in her new room. I personally think that he will be on DJ-YS side and confront Mrs.Choi...

7. HW!!! She is so cute...you know so many cute actress but they couldn't act well. But HW...her smiles, her eyes, she really put everything on this. She acts so good when she said "So shall we talk about the contract?" to the advertising producer

Still 16 episodes to go and I still couldn't predict anything...

- Is SY really sick? She is getting headache all the time, and complaining of sleep disorders...I really don't want something bad happened to her...and in ep 34 we saw that SD love is one sided, YE was leaving him with another man and went to study abroad...

- What will GP do when he is released from prison? Will he really do harm to DJ-YS and even the family? My biggest fear is YS will give up and get back with GP in order to save everybody else...Well this will degrade this drama to "standard-drama" though. Pls don't...

- I think the little boy is not SD's right? The last time SD met YE was way back before then...but when SD is asking YE about her husband, she said nothing...

- When will HJ be sober enough to realize that she is rejected and out of DJ heart....Will there be any clips in the next episodes showing the beginning of their relationship? How DJ agreed to marry her in the first place? Maybe they put knife on his throat so he reluctantly agreed anyway? LOL

- When will Mr Lee lose his eyesight? Or maybe Mrs.Choi will be so stubborn and not permitting DJ-YS relationship until the end when Mr Lee almost blind and beg her to agree? Oh my....

Let us hope next two episodes will put smiles in our face...

This forum really made my day:heart: thank you everyone for making the next 5 days...less miserable :wub:

1 hour ago, rubie said:

Source: Newsen

Mission Is Impossible dontcare.gif

Hahaha...this is one of the reason why i watch Wolgyesu Tailor Shop. And this is the first time i am willingly interested to watch more than 20 episodes of k-drama. They bring so much joy to the viewers according to me :blush: thank you for the pics chingu...

After watching the latest episodes I am going to avoid talking about the pairings much.  They were enjoyable, however I am likely to fall in the minority of being somewhat getting annoyed & tired with the TY/HW pairing though seemingly cute in the start for me now its becoming a complete turn off.  Why (1) they have yet to be on a proper date & already marriage talks courtesy of HW - what's the rush you are not even 25 & don't even know how to properly take care of self with exception to spending (2) HW being around TY which includes phone calls etc for 24/7 with exception to the wedding to me is claustrophobic where is the breathing room - I'm getting the ewwww vibes here (3) though I want HW to get a life it should be away from TY, she claim to have friends etc when she talked to TY it is very obvious to us that she has none otherwise why is she constantly around the man.  I am not saying that they should not care for/love each other but be real, have a life outside of TY &  home - am I wrong in thinking like this?  What I did like was TY giving both HS & JY a reality check where he is concerned, this couple is so full of it.

What episode 33 & 34 really did was made me think that one of the best things that happened in this drama was the establishment of the brotherhood with the 4 men. Once set, they make it a point to look out for each other and in the best interests of the other half for that person. In episode 33 - DJ covering for SD; TY telling DJ about YS's situation; in episode 34 - SJ & SD covering for DJ on his relationship with YS reveal to the parents via HJ; SJ covering SD when he was being followed by SN; SJ praising YS at the dinner stating what a great person she is; the love song/dedication made to DS at the wedding.  These brothers have lives and really look out for each other.  My mini concern is what would the brothers think about HW being TY's girlfriend; will she fit in; DJ knows her but that's it. I also like the fact that DJ looks at SJ as a father figure as he has shown his sincere care for both women.

YS has come a long way and as stated in a previous post its all due to DJ, faux MIL has blinders regarding GP who gives obsession a new name in relation to YS who has for years stated that she has no interest whatsoever in you and you are still forcing your way in more so when you know that she has a man who cares for her.  The fact that even faux MIL has accepted that fact, told GP so that its time to give up and you still insist on having her makes him the pathetic & obsessive one.  Speaking of pathetic, the one character that clearly shows of being one that is HJ - DJ's total rejection of her to her face and to the family stating clearly that he is not going back to her & that they are not to accept/accommodate her presence in their or his life; YS in the first part of ep 33 stating to HJ what her true position is - ex wife who has no business in their lives.  HJ has a nasty personality so its no surprise to us that she is completely alone to have DJ state that she does not know what love is and has never been in love is a burn; but she actually does not get it, she is that thick skinned & full of a superiority complex that is being crushed right now.

The wedding was nice, though I wish there were more people to fill out the coffee shop, yes it was small but more than 10 people would have been better.

Gone for now, hoping you have a happy holidays.

9 hours ago, sk0317 said:

Hi @valzki. In an earlier episode, DJ mentioned the company will need more staff if the approval to open a shop in Jeil department store gets the green light. And now that TP has married DS, do you think it is possible that Mr. Lee or DJ might ask TP to work in the new shop:)?

Hmm...this one didn't come in my mind before. Because i don't think there is suitable position for him in the shop or department store except being a model like TY. But if he succeed in the singing career, they won't have any idea to ask him to work in the new shop. Who knows he will become more famous after appearing in KBS music stage. Hehe.. I prefer he just continue what he is achieving for in life, that is his singing career. He is great in that too (but please not that Suzanna song all the time. Lol...). Yet he can still help Wolgyesu to promote the business. As i know every gentleman in the story has their own task, right? SD is the master in making suits, DJ is the owner/boss, TY becomes a model and TP for sure has another different task from all. But above all this is just my thought chingu :) let's wait and see another coming episodes.. 

1 hour ago, delphinium8593 said:

Had just replayed ep 33 and 34 to check my translations :wub: and not surprised that the rating climbed up to 33%! Congratulations! Will they hold a fan-meeting or press-conference again if the rating sets new record? We would love to see the casts now, since they already interacts more than 4 months now, their chemistry must be better:wub:

Almost beats Descendant of The Sun final episode (34.5%) i wonder if this drama will score more than 35% on its final episode, how i wish!

Few things i really love from ep 33 and 34:

2. SJ really has grown up! I love how he thinks about saving money for Da Jeong wedding, and even mention Da Jeong in his wedding vow...and how Dae Jong affectionately hug SJ before handed DS hands to him....

3. The four gentlemen really takes care of each other as sworn brothers. How DJ covers up for SD when he got home so late, SD backed DJ up in front of his parents, SJ helps SD escape from SY tailing him, and TY calls DJ to tell him that YS is sleeping in the sauna. This is just my thought, but maybe the title is not explicitly saying the four of them will work in the tailor shop? Because i think TY and SJ won't work there, well maybe as a model yes, but not sewing etc. I was wondering if the title means the four gentlemen start their relationship there, in the tailor shop...

4. How i love Mrs.Ko!!! Can't wait to see her in ep 35, as TY road manager...

5. You go, TY! My fav line is "If that bother you, you can just break up with Min Hyo Sang". JY attitude is intolerable....She really is an ingrate. If I'm not mistaken it is TY who paid her college tuition so she could become who she is now.

6. How Mr.Lee Man Sool understands DJ-YS relationship and supporting them. He is the one who decide that YS should stay at his home and greet YS in her new room. I personally think that he will be on DJ-YS side and confront Mrs.Choi...

7. HW!!! She is so cute...you know so many cute actress but they couldn't act well. But HW...her smiles, her eyes, she really put everything on this. She acts so good when she said "So shall we talk about the contract?" to the advertising producer

- I think the little boy is not SD's right? The last time SD met YE was way back before then...but when SD is asking YE about her husband, she said nothing...

- When will HJ be sober enough to realize that she is rejected and out of DJ heart....Will there be any clips in the next episodes showing the beginning of their relationship? How DJ agreed to marry her in the first place? Maybe they put knife on his throat so he reluctantly agreed anyway? LOL

Sorry for cutting your post chingu :) But I agree with all the points above. Regarding YE's son, I'm pretty sure it's NOT SD's. I think it's safe to conclude that she did marry that guy she introduced to SD all those years ago because the guy DID say that he intended to marry YE and have her follow him to the US, or something like that. As shown in previous eps before YE reappeared, SD was told that YE was finally leaving the US to move back to Korea. My best guess is they've divorced. Oh, also, her son has the guy's surname - Han. Forgot their name already though. As for HJ and DJ's beginnings, there was a clip of their wedding photo shoot a few eps back and clearly neither got into the marriage out of love. Possibly the marriage was a business decision as the late Chairman Min highly regarded DJ's business abilities and HJ was desperate to find someone who could give her back what belonged to her as she disliked her stepmom + stepbrother.

As for the ratings, I think it's not very suitable to compare it with a non-weekend family drama like DoTS. Generally weekend dramas, especially KBS's ones do rather well with their ratings. In fact, 33% really isn't anything as I've seen more than one KBS weekend dramas going into the 40% ratings area and ended up getting few eps extensions like Wang's Family, What Happens to My Family, and My Daughter Seo Young. For me, the mark of a really successful weekend drama would be reaching a 40% viewership ratings, although this doesn't have to be the case as long as the drama leads among the weekend dramas of all the other networks. Like Five Enough, the drama before this drama. I don't think it reached that 40% ratings but it was famous enough to get 4 eps extensions. In the case of Wolgyesu, I'm crossing my fingers to see this drama go into that 40% ratings and get that few eps extension. 

7 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

@wizuwizu: looking forward for the next comic strips! And you made your avatar as your profile pic? Yeah, looks good! 

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Hi, @inna75  

@sava2sava: We all cheered when TY stood up for himself in front of JY. And yeah, HS is really nothing but incompetent. I can't wait for the day where he'll single-handedly destroy the company that his father worked so hard to build. I want to see how ES will react too,

As for YS-GP-DJ triangle, yeah, she should really consider a restraining order against that lunatic mother and son, after he's released of course  as for your question on GP's mom, it's not because she's afraid of him, it's more like blind love. She loves her son too much she doesn't see him as a bad person at all. Come on, a good person would never pursue a career of violence. So what GP wants, he gets. That's why YS always bears the brunt of this. All the sacrifices must come from her side alone. She doesn't like YS but she's willing to accept YS because GP is adamant that only YS is the one for him. Like I said, blind love. 

As for Dj's mom, yes, I believe she will be a big issue for DJ and YS from now on  She's really superficial in a way. She wants her son to go back to HJ who is rich despite being super bratty rather than sweet YS who is kind but poor. 

Archived