[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

Guest AlexMao

Really need to figure out how to embed a audio clip here, because all I can hear is "What?" from Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo reading @TheMschelsea91 . recap.

We all knew that Ki Pyo's mother was going to be a handful and someone as meek as Yoon Shil would have a hard time about standing up for herself. I'm glad she did this and essentially took a step forward in ensuring her own happiness and future with Dong Jin however short lived it may be. Now that the cat's out of the bag regarding the little agreement between Ki Pyo and Hyo Sang how is the story going to change for Yoon Shil? We already know from the recap that Hyo Joo is going to try to reconcile with Dong Jin (not sure why the writers are beating a dead horse here but DRAMA!!! DRAMA!!! DRAMA!!! it is, nothing we can do about except ride it out like the bad dramalcoholics we are. 

Re-winding slightly based on the re-cap we've still not seen any progress in Man Sool telling the family of his illness, I don't want this to be one day he can see and the next WHAM!!! he can't, this really isn't the best method of dealing with it. 

Spent the night together ... no matter how you spin it Eun Sook is going nuclear here, I'm expecting nothing short of Zar-Bombe here, so it'll be interesting to see where things go once the two come back from seeing Tae Yang's mother. I'll have to wait and watch the actually episode to comment further on their little moments but based on the re-cap the two had some much needed time to themselves (though nothing as fun as the piggy-back ride scene IMO).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @TheMschelsea91 .  For both episodes recaps, Read your comment of Dj and Ys first kiss as you said it wasn't akward but this is to be expected considering this could be YS first kiss with someone she really likes and whatever approaches Dj makes towards her always takes her off guard being that she can be kind of a skatterbrain in the romantic department.. This is also why I feel like this relationship is being forced down my throat.. Ys just don't seem that brght to me at all..

Now I have to ask how would the paper she was forced to sign affect her and DJ relationship being that it was done under duress but I doubt the writer has any legal techicallities to help her and DJ out because this is also apart of the story to have  thug boyfriend mom and frends harass tailor shop crew.. Not only them but we will also have the Ex BL teamng up wth hs past thug and probably DJ Ex wife.. Ys seems to be the weakest lnk and subhect to just give in to them all because she's afraid of thug and the rich..

1 hour ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

Preview:
- DS-SJ still trying to get Gookji's approval.

- HJ goes to the Lee's household, DS asks what she's doing there.

- HJ asks DJ if they can get back together.

I had expected this to happen she never treated her husband like her husband nor a man now she mss what she had after he's gone by her demands.. It wouldn't be long before she revet back to her old ways and treating hm like he's a servant and certanly hold some kind of grudge aganst him that he actually found happiness with someone else besides her.. Now she realizes she needs him if she plans to snatch that company and position up from her brother..  I see her shopping sprees hasn't stop at all. 

2 hours ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

Preview:
- DS-SJ still trying to get Gookji's approval.

- HJ goes to the Lee's household, DS asks what she's doing there.

- HJ asks DJ if they can get back together.

The rest I can't remember coz the preview was really quick.

Thank you so much chingu for the live recapping :wub:

I will help with the preview a little bit because i saw the raw has come out already. but since i don't understand korean, i just say what i see :)

- GP's mom is calling somebody on the phone

- YS kiss DJ on the cheek (look like they are sitting on the bench in the park)

- DJ and DS still asking for Gookji's approval

- DJ meets Manseol and smiles (perhaps he gets his approval?)

- DJ and YS are talking in YS's house

- HJ goes to DJ's house and meets DS 

- YS in the kitchen is thinking about something 

- HJ meets DJ in front of the house 

14 hours ago, AlexMao said:

How would you even broach the subject of Ji Yoon being Tae Yang's ex and now Hyo Sang girlfriend/fiancee and not feel as if you're tiptoeing in a minefield? I get that Hyo Won cares about Tae Yang and he is warming up to her but I can't imagine there being an easy conversation here, trust or not there's going to be hurt feelings. What I'm surprised about honestly is that Hyo Sang hasn't let anything slip out either by accident or given then last few episodes to somehow better his chances with his mother agreeing to the relationship.

I know it is not going to be an easy conversation to have but it does have to be said. I just can't see TY not telling her when he realizes he's beginning to fall for her. Sure she's going to be upset but I'm sure at a certain point her anger will be directed at JY.   

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it also makes me think that one reason she will oppose the relationship is also the past. she might see hyowon's rebellion as a bit of slap in her face or rejection of her decisions/actions and herself as a mother.. same with hyosang. I can see him taking it personally that she is rejecting him as a brother.....so am curious to see how mother and brother come around to this relationship and not see hyowon's love as a rejection of themselves....

That's interesting. I can see your point w/Mrs Ko since I think she also wants her children to not want to go through what she did. I'm very interested to see how this is resolved too with Hyo Sang. I see how this will feel like a rejection on Mrs Ko's part but to me HS will feel entitled to marry JY and expect HY to back down since he is her brother.

5 hours ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

And yeah, when DJ mentions opening a branch at a departmental store and hiring new workers, I think of TY immediately. let's hope he gets to work at the tailor shop (as expected since I've always thought that all four men will work for Wolgyesu) and be so successful like being the branch manager of something and show up to ES + HS. Maybe TY's short experience working at Meesa won't go to waste as he'll get to use it when/if working at Wolgyesu. 

I thought the same thing too when this show started.  Thanks for the recaps.:wub: I was wondering what happened to HJ? Now I know :crazy:

I just watched yesterday's episode okay let me start by saying I loved the lead up to the kiss. It was adorable their conversation and her insistence about not catching the cold. The way they tilted their heads and they way they both moved in for the kiss when her eyes were open then the kiss itself was not like the usual no lip movement fare. YS had her lips parted and she moved them and they actually locked their lips. I felt with all the awkwardness it would be cringe worthy but instead because of the lead up it ended up really sweet. Although she should move her arms next time.Then his teasing her afterwards about her eagerness and the way he gave the rings and chain was so well done with such good meaning about solving their problems. It indicated his determination and path to his claiming of her. I really love this couple.

If you guys haven't watched with the subs and don't want to be spoiled please don't look!

Spoiler

Based on the preview for episode 31, I can't believe Ms. Ko thinks that HW stayed with TY in his room and that she actually might believe that they've been sleeping together (her freaking out when the maid said "what if she gets pregnant"). HW should just tell her that she rented a room in the goshiwon so her mother stops getting so mad at TY.

I just viewed ep. 29 and there seems to be plenty of "chemistry" between DJ and YS. 

YS certainly doesn't blaze red hot, but she visibly smolders.

Wouldn't you agree that in a relationship "smolder" is more sustainable?

@Lmangla  I am enjoying Father, I'll Take Care of You so far because of the second pairs of leads who are a mix of Lee Dong Jin-Na Yun Shil and Kang Tae Yang-Min Hyo Won sweetness.  They are definitely progressing faster than these Wolgyesu couples I think.  The makjang part might come from the first lead's revenge, but I'm hoping for it not to be.

@TheMschelsea91 .  I like your thoughts!  Min Hyo Sang & Choi Ji Yun getting married & being miserable together.  Muahaha!  Can you imagine the Min household having this pair along with Min Hyo Won & Kang Tae Yang & Ms Ko & the snarky Min Hyo Joo & the housekeeper & driver?  Drama all year round.  I guess you're right about Kang Tae Yang not knowing his feelings yet to man enough.  Please make it soon!  It's already episode 30.  Gah!  I like Ms Ko because she makes me laugh at her drama queen antics, and despite her stepmom aura, she still shows her concern for Min Hyo Joo & Lee Dong Jin plus she thinks the world of her own two kids.

@AlexMao  Yes!  Father, I'll Take Care of You has more characters that I want to punch in the face compared to Wolgyesu!  I'm also waiting for Oh Dong Hee to show her girl power soon!

2 hours ago, jimb said:

I just viewed ep. 29 and there seems to be plenty of "chemistry" between DJ and YS. 

YS certainly doesn't blaze red hot, but she visibly smolders.

Wouldn't you agree that in a relationship "smolder" is more sustainable?

Agree! And I'm so proud of her in this episode to speak her mind to the almost mother-in-law. I was moved to tears when I first saw the raw of her yelling back at the tailor shop. Dong Jin (and us here who understand her character) know how challenging it is for her to get to this point.

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

dong jin really made a mistake -- whatever this thing is, it is her marriage/non-marriage and he should have consulted with her and let her break it off. he should have encouraged her but he needed to do it from the background. but by acting like an arrogant boyfriend showing off, he has just made things worse... yikes! such a stupid move dong jin.... :huh:

I don't know if what DJ did is right or wrong, but I'm certainly glad that he did it before GP's mom showed up and saw them together. I'm not sure if she was sent by GP to visit YS in this case, but it doesn't mean she wouldn't show up randomly at another time. I don't know how to explain it, but by DJ making his stance first (that he and YS are not cheating and in the wrong) before GP's mom makes the claim, it gives the couple the upper hand. I'm actually worried by GP's threats, but DJ has the confidence that confidence itself is what it takes to overcome this obstacle. Hopefully it's true, but to start with confidence from the beginning is necessary. Him being confident has in turn made YS confident, as we can see in the ep. 30. I'll hold off from judging HJ for now (I was kind of feeling sorry for her) because she probably believes that DJ is actually having an affair with someone's wife and that she could get him out of the situation.

Other things about this episode: A big congratulations to DS and TP (guess it's time to let go of Sung Jun)! The way DS initiated the proposal was really touching. And she looks really pretty with her hair down in the previews too. As for TY and HW, I'm actually tired of their repetitive dynamics. Really hope that TY either 1) sets boundaries and they can develop their own selves or grow as a couple normally, or 2) realize he likes her, confess, and become an equal in the relationship. HW is pretty and cute so her stalkerish behaviour hasn't been chastised, but if it was someone scarier (for example, GP towards YS) we'd be thinking differently.

Thanks @TheMschelsea91 . for the recaps. It's hard and time consuming too, so thanks again! So u are a fan of Sung Hoon. The character he played in Five Enough was very different to Oh My Venus, i dont like him at first, he was so arrogant, but when he met Shin Hye Sun, i began to like him. The chemistry really sizzled between these two. I love the way he chased after Shin Hye Sun. Maybe that's why my fave couple in Wolgyesu is Tae Yang and Hyo Won. i love how Hyo Won pursues Tae Yang, i think their story is just like Sung Hoon and Shin Hye Sun, (although the other way round) only Hyo Won shows more daring moves than Sang Min. 

@hyall and @evie7 i have to agree, Five Enough is one of the best weekend drama i watched this year and i really hope it will win some good awards. When it ended, i thought there cant be any good dramas for a while, but KBS weekend drama are always good.  So i am stuck again with this Wolgyesu drama. Haha.  

I cant wait to see what will happen when Hyo Won meets Tae Yang mother. I dont think she plan to tell his mother that she is his chingu like she said when he ask her. @natkat hyo won is so naughty to tell her mom she spent the night with him. What made Miss Ko think of Tae Tang then? I dont really like this too. I think alike @pinkdicentra , Hyo Won had done enough, it is time to Tae Yang open his heart to her sincereties. 

Based on the preview it seems that HJ is asking DJ for another chance to work out their marriage.  I am curious and looking forward to see how DJ is going to reply her. 

Mama Lee is now stressed out over DS and TP marriage plans so if DJ is going to reveal his, I think she will faint haha.

On a side note, loving their interactions more and more, am also glad that YS is now more comfortable with her skinship with DJ.  Loving the scene where YS is giving a kiss on DJ cheek, can't wait to see what is the built up to this scene :wub:

I need to comment on DS and TP first kiss as well.. This is the best kiss among all couples for this show.  It is actually befitting of their characters and situations where both are matured adults and sufficient love experience. 

It is also fun to see how TP threatened DJ into approving their marriage haha.. so it seems that all gukbap sworn brothers are aware of DJ and YS relationship and are all supportive.  The most supportive is still TY and I would like to See them back DJ up when he tells the family about YS. 

I actually can't believe that Mama Lee actually said that she is afraid that DJ can't find another wife as good background as HJ.  I am also wondering if HJ will use this as her reason to get back with DJ.  HJ may approach Mama Lee and she will defy support her instead of YS. We shall see then.... 

I oso hope that YS doesn't receive any more verbal or physical abuse as there is so much a sane person can take it before giving up.

Hi! Im loving this drama too.. especially like the spontaneous dates & walks of DJ-YS. They pull off all their lines well.

Some scenes that were especially great for me (1) seafood meal where DJ asked to be fed (not cringey at all, I want a date like that!); (2) lullaby sang by TY to HW (melts, who didn't smile watching that??); (3) DJ and YS having different versions of how that box of seafood came about and Mama Lee (heart in mouth) finding out any minute now; (4) DS-TP's wonderful kiss scene with the rock song in the background (I was abt to fast forward this but that song and the kiss was well-done, bravo); (5) TP guessing that DJ & Ys are dating (this happens in real life when ppl are perceptive, so sharp).. wolgyesu's writing is superior, so many heart-racing moments.. finally Gipyo's mum'/ piercing scream was great coz the couple get to be exposed quickly. That plus her whip slap - poor YS/ Jo Yoon Hee (how many takes?!) and DJ shouting back. This ep was a great stress reliever! Drama goodness. And yes one final scene I liked--- DJ walking out of the house later at night to finish what he didn't get to do with the rings. Romantic and the swiftness is realistic of a man madly in love. On a personal note, I'm happy that LDG still has it after all these years. And happy that Jo Yoon Hee is the actress he's paired with.

I am actually looking forward to seeing how Min Hyo Joo wants to make it work again with Lee Dong Jin!  This should be really interesting.  She already has Mrs Lee's support who thinks that no one can match up to his ex-wife.  Makes me wonder if Mrs Lee has forgotten how Min Hyo Joo said that Lee Dong Jin was a useless lottery ticket.  It's a lost cause because he has no feelings for her to begin with, but still I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Sung Tae Pyung & Lee Dong Sook really took it up to the next level!  I love their proposal.  This is a couple who has nothing, but is earnest in wanting to make it work.  I hope to see more of Kim Da Jung as she's really cute & she brought them together.

@pinkdicentra  I echo what you wrote about Kang Tae Yang & Min Hyo Won.  I'm actually enjoying Ms Ko's fangirling over Kang Tae Yang more than the actual couple now.  Plus, it's weird to see how Min Hyo Won readily approves of Choi Ji Yun as her sister in-law just because she helped her escape from her room to see Kang Tae Yang.  Does she have no stand whatsoever when it comes to Kang Tae Yang??  

I am feeling really sorry for Bok Sun Nyeo.  I hope Bae Sam Do's first love won't come between them too much.  All her recent scenes are making me teary.  

Ahhhh!  Having to wait another week for new episodes..

Archived