[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jimb. OMG! You are getting funnier by the day, I was cracking up reading your post!!!! Keep the summaries coming, it's better than watching the show myself! I am having problems streaming my videos on my IPad lately....not sure if it's my IPad or the websites, so your recaps are awesome! Thank you so much!!!! :)

@valsava  @desertflower  and @auntyem  Thank you for the kind words.

@yamiyugi :

# Wonders where he said that Juran has redeeming qualities: Sorry that I was confusing. You wrote only that HR has redeeming qualities. In my reply I agreed and added that Juran does too. Over the last few episodes, though, I've forgotten what those redeeming qualities might be. So, never mind . . .

# Suggested that YJ's failure to warn DJ that Bonjour's mulberry broadcast had been cancelled was not entirely his fault: My recollection is that by the time YJ encountered DY the studio had already been set up for launching a different product, so YJ definitely knew that the mulberry broadcast would not occur that night. Yes, to his credit,YJ did make some attempts to reschedule the broadcast. No, to his discredit, YJ abandoned those efforts as soon as Juran made clear that one couldn't worry about cheating farmers and still be a rising star at Bonjour.

# Joked that Juran may, by virtue of her psychic powers, have foretold the earthquake in the southern tip of Korea and hoped to arrange for DY to be in Busan when it occurred: That's good!

# Theorized that the Village Representative hopes to hook the "woman from Seoul" up with the "man from Seoul," leaving SA for himself: That's a brilliant and comic plot twist. Writers, put a check in the mail to @yamiyugi right now!

3 hours ago, jimb said:

# HR storms into DY's office and tosses a list of products for review on her desk. What is this woman's job title, President's Daughter Without Portfolio? And where is her desk? That Bonjour's Board of Directors was disturbed by Juran's quiet separation from her husband but is all good with the rampant Sul family dysfunction on daily display in Bonjour's offices and corridors is a major plot anomaly.

They sure like to wash their dirty linen in public, don't they? HR's attitude towards DY in front of the Gossip Trio was downright rude, so rude she seems to be morphing into her mother, who should be her Cautionary Tale and not a fine example in character. At this rate, HR, the Petulant One, with all her bullying and mean demeanor, could be groomed to take over from JR should DT leave Bonjour with DY.

4 hours ago, jimb said:

# SW and HR meet for their now daily luncheon. Summary of conversation: "Kang Dan Yi, Kang Dan Yi, Kang Dan Yi . . ." HR receives an apparently unwelcome phone call. SW fishes briefly for details. HR departs.

Sandwiches for lunch? That's a refreshing change:). HR might be having indigestion from all that sulking and scheming on how to torment DY.

4 hours ago, jimb said:

# There is more thrashing about on the KC-GJ-Birth Mother front. Writers: How long must we continue to wander in this wilderness?

If this "wander in this wilderness" saga continues, KC's ex might just survive her whole ordeal and live past the three months she has been given...

4 hours ago, jimb said:

# DT storms into Juran's offce. A shouting match ensues. As DT storms out Juran opens her mouth for a Ha! and has difficulty closing it.

If JR keeps this up, she might need to visit her doctor/dentist to have a dislocated jaw fixed...

4 hours ago, jimb said:

# DT arrives and calls HR into another room for a Talk. Summary of conversation: "Kang Dan Yi, Kang Dan Yi, Kang Dan Yi . . ." HR becomes spiteful again and leaves the room.

DT uttered "Uri Dani...:wub:"!!!!  in front of YJ when he asked him to try and convince HR to drop her request to work with DY in HR's new product launch. 

@sk0317 noted that DT used the phrase "uri Dani" in speaking with YJ:  Interesting.  According to Google search results, "uri" translates as "our."  Needless to say, it was quite significant for DT to use the phrase "our Dani" in a conversation with his current brother in law and DY's ex-fiancé.  I don't believe that  the phrase "our Dani" appeared in DXT Drama's English-subbed version of the DT-DY conversation.

9 minutes ago, jimb said:

@sk0317 noted that DT used the phrase "uri Dani" in speaking with YJ:  Interesting.  According to Google search results, "uri" translates as "our."  Needless to say, it was quite significant for DT to use the phrase "our Dani" in a conversation with his current brother in law and DY's ex-fiancé.  I don't believe that  the phrase "our Dani" appeared in DXT Drama's English-subbed version of the DT-DY conversation.

Yes I noticed that "our Dani" did not appear in the DXT Drama's English-subbed version too. I believe it's the first time DT has used the phrase "uri Dani" and I also think it's DT's subliminal message/affirmation to YJ his relationship with DY has become really serious despite all the strong opposition and hardship they are made to face.

My stepdaughter tells me that the prejudice against marrying in laws stems from Confucian teachings against "mixing blood." In her view marrying in laws, formerly taboo, is no longer a "big deal" to most Koreans.

@sk0317  Do you think that DT was using the term uri to mean :"my Dani," or was he using the term to mean (with respect to himself and YJ) "our Dani," reminding YJ of his past relationship with DY and subtly shaming him for his abusive treatment of her?

21 minutes ago, jimb said:

@sk0317  Do you think that DT was using the term uri to mean :"my Dani," or was he using the term to mean (with respect to himself and YJ) "our Dani," reminding YJ of his past relationship with DY and subtly shaming him for his abusive treatment of her?

I am unsure in this context as well. Most likely he means "my Dani". Would "na DAni" be correct also? Cannot quite remember if I've heard any characters mention something similar.

uri seems to be used for our, we , us. Any native speaker here to shed some light? :)

4 minutes ago, jimb said:

The former; because DT seems to be at the end of his wits. It seems to be on everyone's agenda to get DY to leave Bonjour by hook or crook. In DT's conversation with YJ, he told him he understands YJ's position will be made unpleasant/difficult should DY continue to work in the same company. YJ was told DT/DY would not "run away" and they have promised each other and are prepared to face the consequences and battle the oncoming hardship together. Unlike other/past confrontations DT had with YJ, DT looked really earnest and pleaded with YJ to persuade HR to quit using DY as her MD in the product launch.  DT is trying really hard to get some support in his pursuit of happiness, first from MS and now YJ.

@jimb  

It’s so amazing to see what KD can bring out from us.  Thank you for such an entertaining post.  I really want the writernim to hire you as a sidekick assistant  to boost this sagging drama which seems like it’s heading into a no man’s land.  Please from now on do a summary with a raw episode.  It’s more fun to see your KD imaginary side of brain.  blmisiY.png  

**  I think DT said ‘uri DY’ (our DY).  It might be possible there could be some kind of change in relationship between DT and YJ?    Earlier in the episode,  YJ repeatedly told DY that he didn’t want to see DY get hurt by HR. YJ said that again to DT later.  So DT told YJ that “as your BIL (처남 :one’s/your wife’s brother) I’m asking a favor to you as (매제:one’s younger sister’s husband). Then DY said ‘uri DY’.  Maybe DT used ‘uri DY’ to touch the goodness in YJ’s heart if YJ has one??

Kim Jin Woo(YJ) posted this hair stylist team on his IG.  It must be that this team did YJ’s latest hair style. So there might be a possible change in YJ’s character with ( @sk0317 said) ‘his soft look’??       I guess I hadn’t paid much attention about YJ’s hair style in this drama. After reading the comments I went back  and checked out YJ’s hair before.   It seems YJ went through some hair transitions.  How about this hair YJ had during courting HR or HR's chase?? 

'The hair brat!!'

http://blog.naver.com/yooookkkky/220716935414

I1AghYI.jpg

Spoiler

vQg1aCv.jpg

s2AsjUj.jpg

On 2016/9/15 at 2:48 AM, jimb said:

@sk0317 noted that YJ's hair had been restyled to give him a "softer look.":

Thanks for pointing that out. I was vaguely aware that YJ didn't look as predatory but I couldn't puty my finger on the reason. It certainly goes with his defensive posture at home and work. Perhaps, if his hair is again restyled to "corporate brutal," that will be a sign that YJ is ready to "make his move."

You are most welcome:). I could be wrong though, as he might just be growing his hair out for a new role in a historical period drama...

On 2016/9/15 at 2:48 AM, jimb said:

Actually many aspects of actors' appearance on this show are interesting.

MS practically "let his hair down" the day he walked out of the "manor of doom".

On 2016/9/15 at 2:14 AM, sgfan said:

Btw, happy 100th episode guys! Its a feat we've watched this many episodes

@sgfanTo commemorate this special accomplishment, I hope you enjoy this piece from the Yoshida Brothers (might not be your cup of tea:sweatingbullets:):

Spoiler

Is DY putting up with all that abuse because of her love for DT? It's been a few months only since they met. Such strength!

I am darting in and out of flower in Prison and Love at midnight. You should see the number of pages of  posts. This show has almost 100 episodes and has 40+ pages. Are we masochists? B)

@sgfan @sk0317  Perhaps "pooh girl" has a sudden bout of indigestion that keeps her locked in the loo?  Except we know from the episode where DT spent the night that their loo is outdoors . . .

# This can't end well for Juran:  promoting SW as the daughter of a fine wealthy family while, unknowingly, denigrating SW's mother as poor trash or worse.

SA may yet pull down the pillars at Bonjour . . .

Can I just say that YJ is looking mighty handsome in his latest IG. Both he & DT can sing in real life. 

With this softer new look and if he goes back to being the nice bf he used to be .... can't blame DY for change of heart but wait a minute, DT is so adorably cute too and he has a heart of gold. Hmm ... Can DY have both guys pls ... hubby 1 & hubby 2. Leave the 2 richard simmons high & dry. And the MILs check themselves into psychiatric ward. Lol

I just hope DY doesn't ruin this moment for me at least by making up some stupid lame excuse for DT not to meet her niece. Can't wait for karma to catch up on SW.

# And since it's "Chuseok", the spirit of Mr. Kang Man Soo must appear to have a one-to-one, heart-to-heart talk with his only daughter he never got to meet.

1 hour ago, jimb said:

# This can't end well for Juran:  promoting SW as the daughter of a fine wealthy family while, unknowingly, denigrating SW's mother as poor trash or worse.

SA may yet pull down the pillars at Bonjour . . .

I'll be more than happy to join her...

@boohaThank you for posting YJ's pictures. I must say KJW is rather photogenic and has "screen presence". In addition, he is pretty good at acting too. Not forgetting he can sing too:lol:.

#I think you can add another "hair brat" to your list:). The HR's character is the one in this drama who has been constantly undergoing a series of changes to her hairstyle. I think the present one really suits her.

Have a nice day!

Archived