[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

Just wanna share another thing, things we like to discuss on Ktalk (and to be delu-ing about)

1. Solar might left MBC Entertainment Awards early that night. But she forgot her thropy, her thropy was still in their table until the show is finished

before: no thropies on the table

Spoiler

1483332260246_zpskut90kfr.jpg

after: they returned from receiving the award and put the trophies on the table later

Spoiler

1483330696150_zpsdavcii0s.png

eric left for backstage (probably prepared for the nomination reading). the thropies are seen (blue boxes behind solar)

Spoiler

1483330698248_zpswmhr1ihp.png?w=480&h=48

i believe eric brought the flowers to the backstage too, because on the final pict of the winners, eric didn't hold the flower like other winners

Spoiler

2016mbc_photo161230013456entertain0.jpg&

solar already left, but the trophies still there 

Spoiler

1483332261833_zpsksbsv2vw.jpg?w=480&h=48

maybe that's the reason why solar didn't upload a picture with her thropy that day. Typical yeba... clearly not surprised after the phone incident on ddongi road tho lmao

2. Eric's hair was full of dusts when they were saying the acceptance speech. After a while, they returned to their seat (from backstage) and eric's hair has been cleaned. I wonder what you two were doing huh. Plus notice eric's red ear lol

Spoiler

before

1483330717799_zpsgtqpzj5j.jpg?w=480&h=48

after

1483330721449_zpski9vujxh.jpg?w=480&h=48

• Like 7

@Ira Ajja gosh my mind suddenly went dark again hahaha it could be happen tho ok lets be delu~

---

just videos i think i need to share here

Eric SNOW LIVE selfcam in LA (by SNOW)

Spoiler

previous part

Eric's interview from Unforgettable Gala

---

i uploaded some Eric SNOW, Snapchat, IG stories updates on my youtube channel, you can check it out~ (but sorry for some sound problems)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ventj said:

where i can watch yang and nam show with eng sub? and best man (eric nam is MC(?) in this tv show) ? anyone know where i can watch it?

I can't find Eng Sub for Best Man, but Yang and Nam Show, to my knowledge, is fully subbed up to Ep.4 at this point. Since Eric doesn't have a trans team, we're relying on the idol groups' respective teams instead so it might take a while to get sub, and some eps might not even be subbed at all.

Spoiler

Ep.1 - I.O.I

Link

Ep.2 - Twice

Spoiler

Ep.3 - SHINee

Spoiler

Ep.4 - Red Velvet

Spoiler

Ep.7 - Seventeen (partial sub)

Spoiler

- - - - - - - 

A few more updates. Mamamoo was on Idol Party not long ago, and they revealed a lot of important things:

Spoiler

Solar Fancafe Memos:

Spoiler

• Like 5

Let's discuss something difficult and controversial, shall we?

(It feels appropriate to do this now considering like... timing and recent comments made. I've wanted to talk about it for a while but I waited until I had enough information on the subject that I felt like I could handle it correctly. Thanks as always to Emi for helping me. Thanks to the rest of you for putting up with this. Also, like I don't want to turn this forum into an anti-[insert thing here] forum so like, constructive criticism would be nice, but let's keep our high ground, okay?)

Moon and Sunrise :

what moonsun is, where it came from, and why we really honestly don't need to worry about it

Why Moonsun?: The forming of RBW’s Main Pairings

“The central figures of Mamamoo were Whee In and Hwa Sa. These two were the first to be chosen and the rest were added later. With Whee In and Hwa Sa as the center, I was making a base color for Mamamoo.” - Kim Do Hoon

Within Mamamoo, there are two pairings that are considered the most “real.” One is Moonsun. The other is Wheesa. Now, Wheesa, out of the two of them makes the most sense. They were best friends forever, skipped school together, auditioned together. They’re close in a way most trainee’s aren’t when they begin at a company. Not to mention, they already had a subunit (2 Young Girls) in the making before they were ever signed to RBW.

Moonsun, however, was… an accident. Byul and Solar were the last two to sign out of the four of them. Solar was a shy loner who wasn’t that great at dancing. Moonbyul was an ex-leader of another group (one she claims is now debuted and that we’d recognize…) who’d lost a ton of weight in a short period of time. Both of them saw RBW as their last chance.

From what the girls have said in interviews, two teams were made of the twelve RBW trainees, split into Group  A and Group B. “We were on Team A,” Moonbyul explained for DC Inside back during their Mr. Ambiguous era. “It was a survival [competition].” Despite the fact that these girls would eventually become Mamamoo, they had to fight tooth and nail for their spots.

Sometime in there, either before they were the final four, or afterwards, Solar taught Moonbyul how to rap. If it was before, that might’ve been the thing that pushed her over the edge and into Mamamoo. If it was after, it might’ve pushed her over the edge into something else, since we all know that MoonStar was really the first to have the “Girl Crush” label placed on her out of the group.

The original order of Mamamoo did just what Kim Do Hoon said Mamamoo was originally: it put Wheein and Hwasa in the center. Despite what the girls currently say about their order now, they originally were Solar > Hwasa > Wheein > Moonbyul. By Peppermint Chocolate, the order had shifted to where it is now, as Moonbyul > Solar > Wheein > Hwasa.

tumblr_nipp4fDIjf1u94vw0o1_1280.jpg

So, the question is, what happened?

It could’ve been a lot of things, to be honest. It could’ve been the names or the rapping or just the fact that Moonbyul was the first one to reach out and become closes to Solar. In the end, however, RBW’s attempt to “pair the spares” ended up with them discovering a pairing that they hadn’t fully considered before. Solar’s naming ideas finally went up the scale enough to create “SoLa,” they had a charismatic rapper whose parents literally named her MoonStar, and they had a powerful vocal duo who were childhood friends. Things were set for debut. And then one of those pairings, um, eclipsed the other.

Creating an Eclipse: Establishing a Main Pairing Within Mamamoo

So, you’d think, after debut, Wheein and Hwasa would be the main pairing,then? You know, childhood best friends, matching tattoos, been doing whatever this is together since they were in middle school…

Nope!

Despite the fact that RBW itself doesn’t call Moonsun Moonsun, they obviously know that the similarity comes from their connection to the planets.  That’s why, in one of Solar’s first interviews after debut, she says something she hadn’t said before: Solar also has the meaning of Sun so it connects with the “Sun” in my real name, as well.

The first notable “Moonsun-y” thing can be found in their shared fancafe memo from July 29, 2014. However, because it’s just a selfie of the two of them together, it’s what I’ll be calling a “genuine” moment - something that they would have done together/posted without RBW deciding to promote them as the main pairing of the group.

The second one, however isn’t a “genuine” moment, but rather a “fabricated” one. In early September of 2014, RBW was given the opportunity to send two of Mamamoo’s members to Hello Counselor (the first variety show the girls ever appeared on). In what now seems unsurprising, they chose to send Moonbyul and Solar. The two girls obviously weren’t ready for variety, and they kind of just sat there quietly the whole time, not knowing what to say. In fact, Solar would later say that she prefers variety shows like Showtime over Hello Counselor, because “If we do shows like that we won’t feel as restrained and can enjoy ourselves.

Despite how the girls felt, though, it was already clear what pairing RBW was going to milk for all it was worth. At the same time, they were also vamping up Moonbyul’s “Girl Crush” image as seen in this performance, where not only was she the only one in pants/suspenders, her adlib for the night also included her pointing at the audience and saying “My lover is… you!”

Meanwhile, Solar’s the only one of the group in a soft white dress and pearls, adding to the image that she’s the most “traditionally feminine” of the group. This is something I’ll get into later - closer to UOAY - but it’s one of the things I noticed first about the group when I was introduced to it (and then promptly introduced to Moonsun because that ship is unavoidable).

Byul continued flirting with the fans (although that might just be her naturally greasy personality at work) in a fancafe Q&A. A MooMoo asked Mamamoo what they thought of her at a fansign, and Moonbyul responded, saying “You were pretty~~~~ HooHooHoot +_+ (Something about my words and that face together seems kinda pervy…;; keke)”

And then, of course, the apex of this comes in the form of their unit group, name Moon and Sunrise as of this Moonbyul fancafe diary from October 2014. As of this point, RBW has what they want now: a leader pairing set to become a unit group anytime they need them to. Except, that’s not what they do with them....

Moon and Sunrise: Fanservice, Queerbaiting, and One Giant Mess

“A date with Solar kekekekekekekekekekeke (Moonbyul).Moon and~~ Sunrise. We’re official ><” Moonbyul’s fancafe memo, 140809

“Solar is sincere. She’s not the nitpicking type. When we ask her to do something, she’d completely understand and do it. And she’s very stable on stage.” Kim Do Hoon

This is where I start to throw around a lot of terms and talk about a lot of controversial things so I’d just like to preface this by stating I’ve done a lot of research (not just for this article) on the topic I’m about to cover, to the point of, like, reading thesis projects. And, if it turns out I’m wrong and this isn’t one giant RBW mess and they are dating, then like… good for them. I just want Solar to be happy. But I think you’ll agree with me at the end of this that that most likely isn’t the case.

Queerbaiting: a term used to describe the perceived attempt by canon creators (typically of television shows) to woo queer fans and/or slash fans, but with no intention of actually showing a gay relationship being consummated on screen.

Now, this isn’t new to K-Pop. There’s a whole lot of this stuff going on, and, while we’re obviously never going to know the truth about people’s relationships unless they give it to us, the companies that run the industry both know what it is and know how it works. The thing is, we like stories. And, while rags-to-riches stories are fantastic and wonderful and, in Solar’s case, can make me cry a little, they’re not something exciting that you can follow. Shipping, on the other hand, is. Just look at the past few weeks: Itaewon, the awards, Dubai photos. It’s all so exciting. It’s no wonder that love stories are the one people choose to cling to when they’re looking at idols - they’re easy and universal and also it’s fun to die a little bit every time a new picture comes out. Due to the nature of girl groups/boy groups, they also mostly happen to be same-gender pairings just because of the amount of contact people have with each other when they’re in the same group. And, well, skinship in Korea is different between people of the same gender than it is in say, like, America, where I live. Because of cultural differences, some things can be misunderstood due to that.

For actual LGBT+ people, however, queerbaiting is a taste without a promise. For those who do relate to that taste (not just people who ship it, but who actually full heartedly would love it if their idols were just like them) it’s kind of cruel. Also, it exists for one thing and one thing only: to make a profit.

You all remember the Blue Dragon awards, right? How Moonbyul “asked out” Jung Woo Sung, and suddenly Decalcomanie was at #1? How many of you know that it was her idea?

Yep, Byul knew it would work, because they’d done it before. Do me a quick favor, search “Mamamoo Solar Dating Scandal” on Google. Tell me what pops up.

PS15060300024.jpg

If that’s what you got, you may have an idea where I’m going with this.

So, a few weeks before UOAY was to be released, Dispatch suddenly caught hold of pictures of Solar and some mysterious guy on a date. Eating ice cream, walking arm in arm, and even, it seems, kissing.

Of course, the guy was then revealed to be Moonbyul, and RBW said that they were pictures taken of them filming the music video. Except, if you’ve even remotely seen UOAY, you know that none of that happens in the music video. It was, through and through, a plot to gain attention. And it worked. UOAY remains, to this day, Mamamoo’s most popular song. Sure, that has a lot to do with their amazing stages, the catchy lyrics, and their ad libs, but you can’t deny that this scandal, this story that RBW was presenting to the world, helped give the song a boost before it even came out.

Then there’s the fact of Solar’s image within the group. She’s the “girly” one, the “feminine” one. Except… she’s not. At least, not any more than Wheein or Hwasa. This is the woman who listens to rap music and chose Sexyback as her Moosical stage - she’s not exactly Mamamoo’s innocent flower. Wheein explained it pretty well today when she said “[Solar] looks really feminine and pretty, but her personality is really laid back and she’s just like an unnie that lives next door. She’s sometimes like a babo (fool) too. I think those are her charms.” Throughout UOAY, however, she was constantly dressed opposite to Moonbyul. For Byul, that’s just what she likes to wear. For Solar, however, well I think we all know she’s most comfortable in jeans and an oversized shirt/sweater. This makes it easy for Solar to become, well, the projection of anyone interested in/biased towards Moonbyul.

Spoiler

Aka no one really cares about her feelings, they just use her as a prop for their own stories and it upsets me on a daily basis.

Nevermind the fact that both Moonbyul and Solar were out here on the radio saying they wouldn’t date each other. In this interview from June 2015, even the interviewer is struck by how quickly Solar shot down the idea of them dating, and then her going so far as to explain that she wouldn’t because “Moonbyul is kind of greasy…”

(Moonbyul was also out here saying she’d date Wheein over Solar, but that’s a different conversation about a different pairing of mine, so we’ll just leave it there).

Spoiler

Wheein is… Wheein has lots of aegyo. She’s not admitting it herself but it just flows naturally. She makes people feel happy… by using aegyo. She shows ODA to me and it really melts my heart”

So… Solar hates grease. Moonbyul is greasy. Moonbyul loves when she’s shown aegyo. Solar hates doing aegyo. You can see where I’m going with this...

None of that mattered. RBW had created a pairing, baited the fans of it, and just kept the content coming. And, the fan opinion matters, because Kim Do Hoon himself calls Mamamoo’s new direction (as of You’re the Best) “a musician formed by the public.” The fan opinion matters to Mamamoo - it shapes who they are and what they do and, most importantly, how they are perceived. This is important for something I’ll discuss in a minute. For now, though, let’s jump into another reason why Solar and Byul obviously weren’t really dating during/after UOAY: Solar’s love life.

Sting: A Past Hurt, Mamamoo, and the Creation of Solar

But in the midst of meeting someone new / strangely I called for you / I really thought I had erased all memories of you - Sting

I’ve talked before about Solar’s first boyfriend. All we know about him comes in little snippets. He was ambiguous. She never ate alone with him. Things like that. Things that make it seem like he was a lot less serious about her than she was about him.

Judging by Eun Ah’s descriptions of Solar in high school, I’d say she dated him somewhere between the ages of 18 and 21 (21 being when she threw her life off course and decided to become a singer). Going by how attached to him she still seemed to be for years afterwards, I’d say it was on the latter end of that, probably around her switching her major, that he left far away.

@enko20has talked a bit about Solar’s past, and the hardships she went through with her parents. In an interview with MRJKPOP during the Piano Man era, Solar described it like this: “Before, I used to be a dark person and had to go through many bad things.” She then follows it up with, “But with the birth of the name and the group Mamamoo, good things happened. Things have changed. I have changed too. I like it.

Mamamoo, in a way, let Solar start over. No longer was she the “dark” Yongsun of her past, now RBW had given her something precious. In the same interview, Moonbyul said that their company “let us create ourselves.” Hwasa, too, notices the way becoming Mamamoo has impacted all of them. I think this quote of hers describes it best:

I think [Mamamoo] gives us new identities. Moments when we’re Hyejin, Byulyi, Wheein, Yongsun… And the moments when we’re Hwasa, Wheein, Solar… Now each of us has another identity. Doesn’t that make it even more meaningful to us?

It’s here that I feel the need to point out that our girl has said herself that sometimes she gets confused between “Solar” and “Yongsun” - meaning she sees them as two slightly different versions of herself. She has moments when she’s Solar, and moments when she’s Yongsun, and moments where she can’t quite tell the difference, and that’s okay.

The thing is, while Solar was caught up in all of the Moonsun chaos of Um Oh Ah Yeah, Yongsun received a special visit from someone from her past:

This is just speculation, based on her memos, her diaries, and the songs she was listening to during this era (believe me, I have combed through all of them), not to mention the fact that Mamamoo had suddenly skyrocketed in popularity, but I’m fairly sure she met back up with her ex around this time.

It would make sense; a similar thing happened to Moonbyul. She even said on ASC that that’s why she wrote their song “No, No, No”: “This song is about a guy who I liked but dumped me. But it’s a little bit about revenge and getting back at him.” Both Moonbyul and Solar went through a lot before becoming, well, Moonbyul and Solar, and there were people in their lives who seemed to appreciate them more afterwards.

Take everything under the cut with a grain of salt. It’s me reading too much into song lyrics and memos and stuff again. While I do feel the need to mention that these were the only songs Solar recommended throughout the year in which I’m discussing, they’re also, you know, song lyrics. And she might’ve connected with them for other reasons than the ones I’m guessing at. This section’s not super important to proving my point, as well, so if you’re not into my delusions you can just skip it. Maybe you’ll find it illuminating, though. I don’t know.

Spoiler

Her taste in music itself over the span of a year tells a story. She starts out in May (Ahh Oop! era) listening to Warwick Avenue by Duffy. The lyrics talk about “leaving you for the last time, baby.” The singer “want(s) to be free.” It feels like a moving on anthem. Like she’s let go of whatever this guy did to her - she doesn’t need him anymore; she has Mamamoo and the fans to get all the love she needs.

Then in July, she posts a short video dubbing “Grown Man” by Miss B. It’s weird, spontaneous, her only dub (that I’ve found, and I looked through all of her diaries and memos), and, if you look at the lyrics for the full song, it almost feels.... angry? You can see Solar in  the lyrics, in wishing for commitment that this guy isn’t going to give to her; “I’m looking for the one not a one night stand.” Someone has come back into Solar’s life now, someone who doesn’t seem to want commitment. I think it would have to be her ex, since she is affected very deeply by this for the rest of the year, and a run in after UOAY stops promoting with some random guy wouldn’t have done that to her.

By September she seems to be regretting pushing him away. On the 10th, she recommends two songs: “Before You Walk Out of My Life” by Monica and “Honestly” by Monsta X. The lyrics of both are conflicting and paint Solar as the one who blames herself for how their relationship turned out.

“I made the choice and you couldn’t decide / I made the choice, I was wrong you were right / Deep down inside, I apologize” - Warwick Avenue

“I don’t want to hurt you but I have to tell you now / It’s not easy to hide my heart / I know you feel decieved, I’m trying to end it / …/ should I be honest? / (You know that I feel nothing / When I see you?) / You were my spring but I pushed you away / I left you all alone when you were so kind” - Honestly

I’m not sure exactly what happened between them. If it was just a chance encounter in July or if something else developed out of it, but from here on out, Solar takes the actual steps in moving away from him. The most obvious step being her Emotions series, the first two parts of which come out in the fall and winter, detailing the story of living like a fool and being left by love.

And then, Solar returns from her January break with a series of memos indicating she feels a little lost. The captions all read things like “Smiling Byul, Blank Yong,” and “Who Am I?” and “Who Am I? Where Am I?” Her music taste in February starts out with “Already Winter” by Vromance (I cannot erase you and throw you away / Keep shedding tears of pain) and “Stronger Than Me” by Amy Winehouse (Cause I’ve forgotten all of young love’s joy / … / He said ‘the respect I made you earn - / Thought you had so many lessons to learn’ / I said ‘You don’t know what love is - get a grip - / Sounds as if you’re reading from some other tired script’). However, the  month ends with a different Amy Winehouse song: richard simmons Me Pumps (yes, you read that right). It’s a… weird choice of song, but it’s not quite heartbreakingly sad like all her other recommendations have been for the past year, and the song itself ends like this: “You should have known from the jump / That you always get dumped / So dust off your richard simmons me pumps.” It’s a statement of perseverance. Of trying again and again despite “always getting dumped,” of perseverance found in both Amy Winehouse and Solar herself. She finally feels ready to get back out there, to start dating again, despite thinking that it’s all just going to end in heartbreak.

And that’s good, because things are about to get interesting…

(Or maybe I’m just reading too much into song lyrics again. If that’s the case, smack me in the wrist, ignore this section, and move on).

TLDR: Moonsun couldn’t have been a thing, because Solar wasn’t ready for a new relationship until February of this year. And we all know what happened in April.

In My Dreams: We Got Married, Yongkong-Byulkong, and Where We Go From Here

“In a dream, in yesterday’s dream I saw / The anonymous you I cannot forget / Never having seen you before and not knowing your name / The person that passed by in my dream” - In My Dreams

“[To get to the place where we are right now] we had to sacrifice things people our age do… However, we can do what we love, so we also gained a lot.” - Hwasa

If I’m being honest here, I was introduced to Mamamoo through Moonsun. I have a friend who’s really into Moonbyul and one day she just pulled my whole group together on Skype and was like “Come on, we’re watching You’re the Best.” She then talked about Moonsun for a bit, and I was like okay… whatever… because, like I’ve said before, it takes a lot for me to ship real people, and also at that time I was favoring Hwasa so everything Moonsun was kind of at the back of my mind.

Then I watched Showtime, fell in love with Solar, and then promptly got caught up on We Got Married because I figured my relative disinterest in Moonsun meant it wouldn’t be too hard for me to watch and I’d get to learn more about Solar, and… well… I’m here now.

Solar starts out this chapter of our story joining We Got Married. It seems to be both her decision, and her company’s, since WGM - like Showtime - fits the type of variety Solar wanted to do, and also she’s a fan. RBW knew it would gain exposure for Mamamoo and so they agreed. The fans immediately retaliated, saying that it was a “cover up” or something for Moonsun.

Once again, Solar’s feelings are completely ignored here. Sure, let’s ignore the producer saying the people must first want to come on the show and the fact that Solar was a fan beforehand and all that. Let’s also ignore her newly expressed wish to start dating despite the fact that she doesn’t have any time to. Let’s just… ignore We Got Married.

They made it through the first few episodes, got bored and annoyed, and left it up to a few people like me who weren’t so turned off by the show to keep updated on what happened with Solar.

And, both Solar and RBW watched this happen. Solar’s always been open about her keeping up with the MooMoos and their opinions, saying “I search up Mamamoo performances, articles, even videos too. When I watch them, I see things that I wasn’t aware of at the time.” Beyond that, she’s been caught stalking Twitter a few times, so she knew that there was dislike of her presence on We Got Married. Still, it shouldn’t matter, right? Because everything was still flowing very smoothly in Moonsun land, going all the way to their concert, Moosical.

You all saw that Words Don’t Come Easy performance, right? There was a… lot going on there. What stood out to me the most, however, was how the fans lost their minds at this particular moment:

Spoiler

IE002004930_BIG.jpg

Now, I’m a dancer. Recreationally, not professionally. Still, I’ve seen Mamamoo perform. I know the difference between when they’re doing something choreographed and when they’re doing something just for fun. However, Moonbyul’s face in that moment told me it was choreographed. Here, I’ve even put it to the time stamp for you so you can watch it yourself. Her expression doesn’t change throughout the whole act, despite the fact that Mamamoo’s the type to smile at each other when they’re spontaneously playing onstage. It’s staged. Every bit of it. Still, the MooMoos went insane - as they were supposed to, because everything about that stage was meant for them to go insane. This is where I first started getting my suspicions that Moonsun in general was a little more fabricated than I’d originally thought.

There was also the fact that no one seemed to notice (or care) that this was obviously choreographed. Paired with the incessant screeching that We Got Married was “scripted! It’s all scripted!” after Chuseok and, well, you can see why I’d be a little more than amused.

We’ve all talked a lot about Solar’s feelings during WGM. I’m not going to do that anymore. Instead, I think we should look at what I’ve been referring to as “Damage Control” (or: why there seems to be a Yongkong-Byulkong after every big Ddongi moment). It’s weird, right, that Moonsun is the only pairing with like a thousand V-Apps. I’m usually not complaining because I like learning about Solar and she’s adorable when she makes crafts and things, but there is something strange about it. Especially the last one.

The pattern goes like this: something Ddongi happens, Moonsuns as a collective lose their minds, YK-BK comes on, they all get distracted by one little thing.

Jeju Island Makes things get real? YK-BK’s Worry Counseling wipes that away.

Solar ends WGM almost in tears? YK-BK’s Yaja Time tries to get her to say she’s happy the show is over.

Ddongi wins best couple? YK-BK’s Happy Early New Years gives Byul the chance to say she never really liked WGM in the first place.

It’s weird and still actually pretty smart from RBW’s end. This way, everyone’s happy. We’re happy because we got something. The Moonsuns are happy because they got something. Solar and Byul are happy because they get to talk to their fans and make cute little cards together.

At least, that’s the way it should work. The thing is, Solar is Yongsun too. She doesn’t always do things for the sake of her team or her group or her image. When Moonbyul asks if she’s happy WGM is over, she answers “not at all.” When the award is brought up, she calls Eric “oppa” like twice and calls out the fans who didn’t support her. She can no longer go along happily with everything because she is, after all, a real person under there.

That leaves Moonbyul as the one who is left to make something out of the mess of confusing statements that Solar puts forth. If you rewatch these past two Yongkong-Byulkongs (excluding Byul’s birthday one), you’ll notice (especially in the first one) that she tries to steer Solar along a pre-decided path. “You’re happy WGM is over, right?” she asks. “You’re happy, right,” until Solar says, out loud, that she is not at all, at which point Moonbyul drops her own wild card and seems opposed to it.

RBW recognizes this too. Kim Do Hoon said once in an interview that “[Moonbyul] would put [the other girls] in order. When the other members are fooling around, Moonbyul is the one who is the most calm. She would watch over them and control traffic.

And then today, in Japan, we get even more confirmation of this, with Byul saying that “there needs to be a decision maker to get through certain situations” and that she’s one of the members who wants to “play that role.” Solar is their leader, but Byul is their compass - guiding Mamamoo in the direction that their company wants them to go, “playing the role” despite anyone’s real feelings. The two of them will plow through almost anything for the sake of their members, their group, and their fans, and we shouldn’t ignore that despite the fact that we don’t ship them together. Moonbyul’s recent behavior is a result of RBW trying to keep the balance between the biggest thing in their fanservice arsenal and the actual feelings of the two people who make up that thing.

Delusions aside, let’s stick with the facts. Byul and Solar are best friends who hang out a lot. Solar has also proclaimed herself Eric’s best friend. Byul and Solar are in contact. Eric and Solar are in contact. She loves both of them to pieces and they both love her too, in their own ways. There is nothing any group of fans can do to change that. Not to mention, Moonbyul herself has praised Eric several times, and, from the few fancams I’ve seen of their interactions, looks friendly with him. There’s no reason to believe there’s any animosity between the three of them.

That being said, I will say this: We Got Married’s slightly scripted nature has given us something that the Moonsuns don’t have - a reality check. We’re not dumb (most of us have been through the WGM ringer before); things are scripted and things are staged and really you have to use your brain to figure out what’s real and what’s not. No one is doing that for the other side of this. No one. And that’s why one comment of Moonbyul going “eh I didn’t really like WGM” can rile up fans so much they ignore the fact that she was squealing and laughing about the award with Solar just a few moments before.

Because of the award she received, Solar now knows that there are two different groups of MooMoos, not just one: MooMoos who “watched us a lot and paid a lot of attention”, who are “the reason for me to receive the award,” and MooMoos who didn’t like them as a couple. Whatever she does now, she knows that there are people who are going to support her, and she also knows that the other side will mostly just ignore whatever they don’t like.

Solar once said that she’s not bothered by the comments that say Mamamoo looks old because “we are not old. And that is the truth.” As of right now, she's the only one who knows the truth about her life and her relationships and her feelings. And, whatever truth that is, she knows we’ll support her through it.

I think it’s also safe to say, though, judging by those very suspicious pictures the night that they won the award, Byul will too. Despite what she claims on camera

• Like 7

Catching up on Eric's activities. First off, a reminder that Cave Me In will be released on the 20th this month. Anyone pumped for more Eric music this year? Cause I definitely am! :glasses:

He had a showcase on the 5th at Gentle Monster in Gangnam  Hongdae (woops my bad :sweatingbullets:), which was recorded on his V-live.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Eric was also at Google Korea HQ, although I'm not quite sure what he was doing there.

This was taken from Ravi's REAL1ZE concert. Apparently Eric attended his concert (the 6th) and sent flowers to him:

Spoiler

If you guys don't know/remember who Ravi is, he's the VIXX member that accidentally photobombed Solar back in November during Decalcomanie promotion:

Also this is kind of old and unrelated, but here is a little known fact: Ravi's sister had/has a crush on Eric

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Ira Ajja said:

From sleepy/guk joo clip at waiting room....nice to see eric and they lead the conversation cos the others are younger, from the clip i don't see cao lu seho

here the video..lol eric...hahaha

watching the raw..eric must had feel so happy when solar did come because if i'm not mistaken he mention that solar will not attend..other than that i think they discuss something like mission to do for the couple who won the best couple awards..when ask to eric, he said something like i don't have, i can't do it anyways (might refer to because solar is not there)..then when they won, eric seem to ignore gook ju (kiss sign) while giving the speech..hahahaha..

ps: this is just based on my understanding, i could be wrong..:sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

@cinnaminskies moonsun and ddongi will become part of solar/yongsun now something i'm curious is this thing has made solar stresed out....let be a healthy shippers and don't cross the line cos the important thing is solar happiness

@enko20 i don't understand that 'google' too also with his last ig update :sweatingbullets:

@cnsdlover49 thanks for the translation, i'm really blank with their conversation lol

• Like 6

After watch sleepy/gukjoo part...i don't know if the other perform 'my ear candy' before sleepy/gukjoo perf....and eric avoid gukjoo sign for kissing hahaha (just know they talk about that at waiting room)

From law of the jungle in kota menado sulawesi there are some fans cheer gongmyung and sleepy and just see what behind sleepy fingers (on wgm he cover all his fingers)

• Like 5