[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

The new couple? Gong Myung and Hyesung? Think they weren't nominated for this yr's MBC best couple...maybe just missed the deadline. Even Sleepy couple was nominated.

Ya, they would probably be at an disadvantage....b'cos typically current couples last 30 +/- episodes only....maybe by mid 2017. 

• Like 2

Here we have, as promised. 

ddongi%20playlist_zpse8ncdjsk.jpg

[listen here]

1. The One by Carly Rae Jepsen

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

Truth is I never thought of us together / you’re just a friend of mine.

*WGM Note 1: “I’m sorry I wasn’t the one you wanted!” - Eric, episode 3 preview.

We should know better / this can’t last forever / but kiss me one more time. / … /

*WGM Note 2: “When we started at first, we already knew there would be an end.” - Solar, episode 33

Romance is fine / pour me some wine / tell me it’s just for the fun of it / … /

*WGM Note 3: “To be honest, I wish it was you. I thought it would be fun. I thought our personalities would match very well.” - Eric, episode 2

Reason For Choosing: Okay, so back in between Jeju and Chuseok when I was still all messed up about whether or not I shipped them but I knew that there was something pulling me back week after week (besides Solar, of course) this song got stuck in my head. I remember just feeling like this song kind of sums up We Got Married relationships as a whole: they’re messy and weird and full of doing a lot of things together that make it feel like you’re not in a relationship when you are in one. It’s a good opener for a playlist that slowly gets more romantic.

Also, the bridge’s chorus of “Don’t fall in love, fall in love, fall in love” feels like the CRJ is reminding herself not to, as if she’s already started falling. That feels very ddongie too.

2. 7 Hours Ago by Honeywater

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

I’d like to think you’ll take it well / free me from my prison cell / … /

*WGM Note 1: “There are many secrets in this cell. Hurry up and escape from here.” - writing on the cell wall, episode 1

‘Cause I’m still in love with an angel /

*WGM Note 2: “I’m not an angel / I’m not a person like that” - Solar, Angel by Mamamoo’s Angel Line

She won’t let me in her head or her heart  / now so far away / from the place that we were seven hours ago

*WGM Note 3: “[The moment I started seeing you as a woman and not a friend] was when you started opening your mind to me. You were very shy in the beginning.” - Eric, episode 26

Reason For Choosing: Well, first there’s the obvious. Angel. And then the following “she won’t let me in her head or her heart.” This feels like a song that encapsulates how Eric was feeling during the early episodes. I also like the fact that it’s (kind of) a duet. It makes me think this is the kind of song Eric might record a cover of.

3. Walk For Two by Jack and White

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

Do you really wanna walk home all alone? / Sure you wouldn’t rather have me tag along? / … /

*WGM Note 1: “I’ve never walked this road with someone… So I’ve always walked this street by myself. It’s my first time to walk with someone” - Solar, episode 7

Let me light the way when the sun goes down / I’ll take you by the hand when you get turned around / All I’m asking you is a walk for two /

*WGM Note 2:

Reason For Choosing: It reminded me of their night walk. Enough said.

4. Loving Someone by the 1975

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

My heart is telling me the telly isn’t telling me anything / I need but it needs you to keep selling me / … /

I never did understand / The duality of art and reality / Living life and treating it as such / There’s a certain disconnect to touch

Reason For Choosing: Well, first of all I made a vine to this song for them when I was still falling in love with them. Like The One, I think it talks a lot about the kind of things people would go through while being on WGM. There aren’t any WGM notes for it because I don’t have any direct quotes from them about the whole virtual/real marriage thing. I encourage you to look up the full lyrics, though, because there are a lot of them and I’ve only put a few here.

5. Is There Somewhere by Halsey

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

And I promised myself I wouldn’t let you complete me /

I’m trying not to let it show / That I don’t wanna let this go / Is there somewhere you can meet me?

*WGM Note 1: “Hold on. We don’t know each other’s phone numbers,” - Eric, episode 7

You’re writing lines about me / Romantic poetry

I’m sorry, but I fell in love tonight / I didn’t mean to fall in love tonight / You’re looking like you fell in love tonight / Can we pretend that we’re in love?

Reason For Choosing: I kind of had to, didn’t I? It’s the perfect song about falling for someone when you don’t mean to. I especially like the “can we pretend that we’re in love?” In the timeline I put this somewhere between Jeju and Chuseok, depending on whether I’m looking at Solar or Eric.

6. I Didn’t Just Come Here To Dance by Carly Rae Jepsen

(yep, there’s a lot of her on this playlist. it’s bc eric likes her music and i do too)

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

I didn’t just come here to dance / If you know what I mean / Do you know what I mean / If you’d just give me a chance / You’d see what I see / Do you see what I see

Walk me home / ‘Cause I love every single thing about you

*WGM Note 1: Both Solar and Eric said that their favorite thing they’ve been told by the other person is that Solar “can do anything” and Eric “has no flaws”

Reason For Choosing: My Ear’s Candy is a Thing that Exists and Keeps Me Up At Night.

7. As Long As You Love Me (as covered) by Sleeping At Last

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

Loneliness has always been a friend of mine / I’m leavin my life in your hands

*WGM Note 1: Solar - The Enigmatic Yeba by enko20

Don’t care what is written in your history / As long as you’re here with me

*WGM Note 2: “I don’t have many good memories about Christmas. But this year, I like that I can spend Christmas with Eric.” - Solar, episode 25

Doesn’t really matter if we’re on the run / It seems like we’re meant to be

*WGM Note 3: “They say you can see the true you when you travel. There’s a saying that not getting along when you travel means you’re not supposed to be together. We don’t have to worry about that. That was really nice.” - Eric, episode 31

I’ve tried to hide it so that no one knows / But I guess it shows / When you look into my eyes

Reason For Choosing: If you haven’t gathered from my last two videos, Sleeping At Last’s covers make me emotional. This one made me particularly emotional about Solar, and the message behind it reminded me of their snow date. I think it also goes along with the idea that Solar kind of threw away her ideal type as she started falling for Eric; “I don’t care who you are, where you’re from, what you did, as long as you love me.”

8. Run Away With Me by Carly Rae Jepsen

(you all knew this was coming)

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

*the whole song. just. the whole thing. not convinced? here’s the video i made for it*

Reason For Choosing: Well, Eric covered it right after he found out they were ending, the night before they filmed their snow date/pool convo episode. Also, he brought it up again recently, during their suspected Itaewon date, so… It’s an important song for this couple.

9. Chasing Cars (as covered) by Sleeping At Last

This is another song I made a video for, so instead of going over lyrics and explanations, I’m just going to link you to that, since it kind of explains itself.

10. Tell Her You Love Her by Echosmith

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

You treat her better / Make sure to see it through / Don’t be just everything she wants / Be everything she needs

When she says she loves you / Tell her you love her too

*WGM Note 1:

HEART-EYES_zpsxssphsgz.gif

But don’t you run away, run away when you get tired / ‘Cause this will slip away, slip away / And start a fire / That can never be put out / Oh, hurry time is running out / But don’t you run away, run away before you tell her you love her

Reason For Choosing: This song encapsulates everything I, as a Solar stan first and foremost, wanted to say to Eric after seeing her serenade him in the first Dubai episode. It’s a blessing, in a way, as I felt things get real. Also, I almost titled my first Ddongie fic “Oh, hurry time is running out” but I changed it to a different lyric from a different song instead because I thought it fit better.

11. Wildest Dreams/Video Games by The Queen & King

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

She said “Let’s get out of this town / Drive out of the city / Away from the crowd

*see: Run Away With Me

Say you’ll see me again / Even if it’s just in your / Wildest dreams / Heaven is a place on earth with you / Tell me all the things you want to do

*WGM Note 1: “I’ll come out in your dreams in the traditional clothing.” “Please come, Arab princess.” “Wait for me.” - Solar and Eric, episode 30

He holds me in his pretty arms / Drunk and I am seeing stars / This is all I think of

*WGM Note 2:

Reason For Choosing: Well, first it was on my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify. I think Wildest Dreams and Is There Somewhere are both songs that are fairly obvious for WGM couples, but, as you can see, there are a few specific lines that really connected with me. Also, it’s a duet, so it reminds me of them in that aspect too.

12. I Wish You Love by Nancy Wilson

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics: the whole song. My analysis for it can be found here.

Reason For Choosing: Solar played it for a full month between Dubai and their next filming. It’s super duper duper sad. Also, she played it for Eric on the yacht. Because she wants me dead.

13. Already Gone (as covered) by Sleeping At Last

(remember what i said about those covers…)

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

Remember all the things we wanted / Now all our memories, they’re haunted / We were always meant to say goodbye

*WGM Note 1: see WGM Note 2 for The One

And I want you to know / You couldn’t have loved me better / But I want you to move on / So I’m already gone

*WGM Note 2: see analysis of I Wish You Love

It started with a perfect kiss then / We could feel the poison set in / “Perfect” couldn’t keep this love alive / You know that I love you so / I love you enough to let you go

*WGM Note 3:

oh-nooo_zpsgcrnay8v.gif

Reason For Choosing: I’m an angst person. I like crying a lot. Also it fits with Solar’s post-Dubai mindset. I almost made my video for their final episode to this song, but I figured Chasing Cars fit the “bittersweet” theme more than this song did. This song is just sad.

14. One Night Only - Disco Version by Beyonce

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

I have no doubt that I could love you forever / The only trouble is / I really don’t have the time

*WGM Note 1: “We fit for each other very well.” - Eric, episode 32

You and I are really running out of time

Reason For Choosing: Mamamoo covered it awhile back (ironically enough, it was at the KBS gayo two years ago) and, because of that, I titled my first ddongi fic after one of the lyrics: you and i are really running out of time.

15. P.D.A. (We Just Don’t Care) by John Legend

(blame Eric for this one, guys)

Spoiler

Let’s go to the park /

*WGM Note 1:

I wanna kiss you underneath the stars / Maybe we’ll go too far / We just don’t care /

*WGM Note 2: see: Dubai

You know I love you when you loving me / Sometimes it’s better if it’s publicly / I’m not ashamed, I don’t care who sees /

If we keep up on this fooling around / We’ll be the talk of the town / I’ll tell the world I’m in love anytime / … /

*WGM Note 4:

Oh I don’t care about propriety / Let’s break the rules and ignore society

Reason For Choosing: Eric covered it a few days before their Hongdae park date. Uploaded it as a V-Live with no comments/explanation/etc. Just him singing the song. Also, it fits with what I feel is a sort of… rebellion? coming from him during/after the filming of the last episodes. That half-done cover up of his supporting Mamamoo, uploading Solar’s photo, and also, just wishing WGM didn’t have to end, even if it meant their relationship was being broadcast to the public.

16. Memory (Draw Draw Draw) by Mamamoo

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

The nervous feelings of our first encounter / The fluttering moment, draw, draw

*WGM Note 1:

Qv8x54w.png

Every day, every night / The bus stop on the opposite side

*WGM Note 2:

rnJ8eBIOnaCF-iZMOOQjzXHhed8Pcm7vTRJQ5xdC

Draw, draw (and then listen) / Day by day fill up my ear / With your comforting voice

*WGM Note 3: “You know you can call me anytime if you feel depressed or lonely.” - Eric, episode 33

Reason For Choosing: Well, Solar helped write it, didn’t she? The first and last set of lyrics are the ones she sings (which means they’re probably ones she helped write since Byul is the other member credited for writing this and she wrote the rap).

17. Let’s Get Lost by Carly Rae Jepsen

(it’s the sequel song to both run away with me and the one… okay… i mean i do love this album with my entire heart and soul but that’s not the only reason it’s on this list)

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

I was never one to want to / Put my trust in someone else completely

But you / You could be the one / You could be the one

*WGM Note 1: see The One

Baybe let’s go get lost /

*WGM Note 2: see Run Away With Me

I like the way you’re driving slow /

*WGM Note 3: Eric said, when Solar fell asleep while he was driving the car on Jeju Island, that it reminded him of his song, Good For You:

You’re probably tired / You can doze off / There’s traffic here anyway / I’ll wake you up when we’re there

Keeping my fingers crossed / That maybe you’ll take the long way home

*WGM Note 4: “Eric Nam and Solar, who went by the name ‘Ddongi Couple,’ made the hearts of the viewers flutter through their realistic and romantic virtual marriage,” - MBC Awards Ceremony

Reason For Choosing: Like I said above, CRJ wrote it as a follow up to both The One and Run Away With Me. It feels like a suitable follow up to how both of those related to them as well, so I couldn’t not have it on the list. This is another song whose lyrics I used to title a fic.

18. Money and the Ego by Carly Rae Jepsen

(i swear i swear this is the last one she just has really good lyrics okay)

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

Make my house of bricks / And I’ll stick here when the world comes crashing down around me

Sometimes it’s hard to see / Anything lovely / All the people around me going for / Money and the money and the egoes

*WGM Note 1: Are You On My Side? - A Test of Trust, Wit, and Temper by enko20

Keep your eyes on me / And i’ll look to you so I can see / What I am here for /

*WGM Note 2: “You want someone who is on your side. “Yes. My ideal type is someone who is sympathetic. I like that kind of person.” “Okay. I’m on your side.” - Solar and Eric, episode 5

Pull the wool over my eyes / Please kiss this day goodbye / Only you can get me going

*WGM Note 3: “I want to maintain my friendship with [Solar], calling each other whenever a good or bad thing happens

*WGM Note 4: Eric posted his support message for Mamamoo the same day that Solar’s Decalcomanie kiss scandal happened. Many of us think it was in an attempt to cheer her up after hearing that she was upset.

Reason For Choosing: As I was writing the aforementioned fic, I thought a lot about the things that might impede ddongi’s progress at establishing a relationship (as I am prone to do when writing angst). In the end, things work out because Solar recognizes that Eric loves her beyond who she is as “Solar.” Also, I’d been reading a lot of industry meta fics, so this came about.

On top of that, this song really is, at it’s core, about two people developing a relationship despite the push and pull of general celebrity-ness. I see this as Ddongi’s future, if things work out well…

19. Body by Eric Nam

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

Baby just give me a call / Listen to you all night long / Only one that’s locking me down

*WGM Note 1: Eric was the one to ask for her phone number, Eric was the one to say to call him anytime she feels down, Eric was the one saying he wanted them to call each other whenever something good or bad happened. It’s pretty obvious this is about Solar.

(there are others, but, um… i prefer to stay sane, thank you very much)

Reason For Choosing: He wrote it while he was on WGM. The call lyric makes it seem like it’s maybe about Solar. Also… other reasons. Other My Ear’s Candy related reasons.

20. Countdowns by Sleeping At Last

(my taste in music is becoming really clear here… isn’t it?)

Spoiler

Notable Lyrics:

I am happy, I am thankful, and I am proud / Said with a smile for the cameras at the countdown

*WGM Note 1: “First of all, I’d like to thank everyone who gave love to “Ddongi couple.” I think this year was filled with so many dream like events, I… Just recieving this award in front of all the seniors I admire and respect seems like a dream. I’ll work harder in the future too. Thank you.” - Solar, MBC Entertainment Awards

*WGM Note 2: “Thank you for giving us this Couple Award. It’s an honor. Thank you to Solar, who received this with me. I’m also thankful to all the staff members. Our producers, writers, and to all the camera directors who you don’t see but are always working hard. Thank you for loving “Ddongi couple.” I’ll work hard to show you a better side of me next year. Thank you!” - Eric, MBC Entertainment Awards

I’ll be starry eyed for you

*WGM Note 3:

CyocorDUcAAfDJA.jpg

I curse the heavens for pulling you away from me / At the same time / I pray that you find everything you seek

Our blaze of glory turns ordinary overnight

Reason For Choosing: Um. I made a video to it the other day, and then suddenly the song was there, in the playlist. I guess this means I’ll keep updating the playlist as things happen, so let’s all just stay hopeful that things will.

I hope you all enjoy listening to it. Feel free to share your own playlists/songs (I know captain was talking about his...). Happy listening and happy shipping!

• Like 12

Most of my list is in Korean, hope you guys don't mind if I give you a shortened list. Sorry if I'm not as diligent as @cinnaminskies in organizing my playlist. :dissapointed_relieved:

Most of them are in Hangeul so I don't know their actual titles, and I had to manually sort out the tracklists. :bawling: I couldn't include the lyrics because I'll be late for work if I edit that in, hope you understand. Most of them are available online if you search the English translated titles. These are just the acoustic/R&B tracks though. I'll include the full list when I have time. Enjoy! :grin:

Couple - Sechskies (both versions)

너를 좋아하니까 (Because I like you) Acoustic Ver. - 뷰티핸섬 (Beauty Handsome)

Love Song - Eric Nam

Duet - Lee Ji Hyung (이지형) & Kwon Jin Ah (권진아)

Number 1 - Togeworl (투개월)

Cheering - Acoustic Collabo

걷자, 집앞이야 (Come Out, Let's Walk) - 스무살 (20 Years of Age)

Besweet - Can't Stop

끝나지 않은 노래(Unfinished Song) - No Reply

Kang Gary & Jung In - YOUR SCENT (사람냄새)

Raspberry Field - Can You (Duet with Hosomi Takeshi) There are two versions, I hotlinked the English duet. You can find the Korean version in Suggested.

If It's You - Alex

Jang Jae In (장재인) - 다른 누구도 아닌 너에게

10cm - Love in the Milky Way Cafe

Dream - Loveholic

Some of them might sound familiar. A few of them are WGM bgm tracks. :blush:

• Like 10

Eric update his ig....i just watch the red carpet of wgm cp on mbc ent, i know i'm late but i play ddongie best cp award several times today

Yang and Nam show engsub with wjsn i watch the video on dailymotion 

Yang and Nam show with seventeen engsub on you tube

• Like 3

I just check mbc gayo and see fan acc make gif mamamoo playing/fighting with the confetti at the back when the other artist sing at the end of the show....it's really hard for the girls to just stand calmly especially for new year eve :w00t:

• Like 1

Woah....engsub for immortal song 'king of the king' is out on ikshow....can't believe this, tei become the winner after beat everyone 

Something i notice the female singers not get win even just one, all the male singers get the round

Tei win with score 437 still not broke the record (ali - 447), i laugh a lot in this part 2 specially with that mic joke, lynn use white mic (her own property) and the other singers want to know how much the price and how to make the white colour, tae woo and kcm said it's get painted (can't write it well here) but their jokes so funny for me :grin:

And son junho wife kim sohyun ask heejun what his wish for new year and everyone get scream/heart fluttered. I like his wife cos the way she laugh after talk similar with solar, me like some of you take tablo and her wife as model for ddongie and now i add this musical cp junho-sohyun 

• Like 1

Been inactive on the forum lately.. i'm sorry because i don't really have time to update here :(

Let me compile and post Ddongi's photos from the MBC Etertainment Awards here. It has not been posted all, isn't it? :)

From MBC website

2016mbc_photo161230003739entertain1.jpg

2016mbc_photo161230003739entertain0.jpg

2016mbc_photo161230003906entertain2.jpg

2016mbc_photo161230003906entertain1.jpg

2016mbc_photo161230003906entertain0.jpg

Spoiler

2OUP0ghCNFj6636186609494660843.jpg

307bedbe-9ce1-46e7-b8e6-3aa61362ba13.jpg

2016mbc_photo161230004613entertain0.jpg

2016mbc_photo161230004613entertain1.jpg

2016mbc_photo161230013456entertain0.jpg

2016mbc_photo161229220747entertain0.jpg

2016mbc_photo161229220747entertain3.jpg

From MBC facebook

15697549_1445265062173203_49840726523642

15380715_1445264975506545_85520052308469

15747864_1445264982173211_55234791364656

Spoiler

15726434_1445264998839876_80252789893224

15747421_1445265098839866_20911512075608

15726923_1445265082173201_59569771082146

15740969_1445265025506540_59690056218337

15747426_1445265045506538_49738537289645

15697361_1445265122173197_57099942214856

15727103_1445265168839859_14712080281301

15697314_1445144152185294_88851914536967

15780728_1445144078851968_52652792925172

15781150_1445144118851964_17911934641091

From news article/press

201612301459551810_1.jpg

Spoiler

st_1483012984443_125619_0.jpg

1483015322_1196800.jpg

2016122922142239132_1.jpg

2016122901002931600201851.jpg

201693981483016355.jpg

201627721483016356.jpg

201637131483016356.jpg

201620591483016266.jpg

201621841483016361.jpg

2016122901221247533_M.jpg

20161229230348307651.jpg

C02liqTVQAAoVEm.jpg

st_1483014244323_623476_0.jpg

2315397_article.jpg

C015-uTUoAAmp-t.jpg

C0158FYVIAA8A7N.jpg

C015-KQUUAE4D-P.jpg

C02lkDKUAAAJ0E2.jpg

From fantaken

C02FoHKUAAAxT6j.jpg

Spoiler

C02FoHPUoAAyq71.jpg

C02FoHKVEAEiH-8.jpg

Red carpet videos

Spoiler

• Like 5

sorry for the heavy posts, but i need to keep it going to prevent it got left behind..

Eric's 161229 SNOW update

Eric on 161227 Cultwoshow

161230 Eric attended private event (Friends Night by Bodyfriend) at JW Marriott Hotel

15801932_222830751458835_297023384098911

viewimage.php?id=28afd925ebd335&no=29bcc

Spoiler

Good for you

CHMS

Heaven's door

Love song

Eric's 161231 IG update

---

extra: Eddie Nam's love for Ddongi

1. Eddie liked few tweets mentioning Solar

IMG_20170102_103855_zpselwbylbg.jpg

IMG_20170102_103840_zpsvdmduvmh.jpg?w=48

2. Eddie liked IG posts with Eric and Solar in MBC entertainment Awards

IMG_20170102_104006_zpshtu2ekbl.jpg

3. Eddie's 170101 IG post (mentioning Eric and WGM)

• Like 7