[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

Cannot wait on the release of all the Doctors' ost ~ I'm inlove already. Gonna make a playlist and play them all today :w00t: So far all songs truly represented the drama ~ warm,nostalgic and romantic.

Would it be great if park shin hye and lee sung kyung will have a duet for womance scenes later in the drama. Both have lovely voice:wub:

• Like 17

When will they be releasing the 2nd ost? 

Surprisingly they all sound amazing! I was instantly hooked to 'em all! 

Bicycle scene, and the end of ep 2. Can't wait till it's all released! 

• Like 15

Tnc9WRs.gif So many awesome updates. THANK YOU EVERYONE:wub: Keep on please ...:w00t:

14 hours ago, lc85 said:

@jadecloud keep the lists coming! My favorite HJH line is the last one on your list. It is truly profound! There are so many implications, indeed. I want to think that somehow these lines (and this particular one) will come back to haunt (not a good word for this) our JH and HJ (what is up with their palindromic initials? It's cute and fun) and us.

I'm not sure what to think about loving "through the brain". Does this have anything to do with loving someone even when you don't like them? Does it mean that loving someone is a choice, choosing to love someone? What does everyone else think?

To all of you who suggested KRW's past dramas to make the time go by faster, thank you! 

Haha I just may do that... keep listing the lines when I can :D. I hadn't noticed the palindromic initials till you brought it up. Good eye chingu!

Your questions... here are my 2 cents:D, 'loving through the brain', it sounds so mundane and boring, yet just as you've pondered, IMO, it does mean loving someone even when you don't like that person. Like an unreasonable parent who imposes extreme curfews and rules, you won't like that parent at that moment or for that matter, but you do still love, right? Like an abusive parent who abuses his/her kids, esp the young ones, yet in more cases than not, the abused kids would still love their abusive parents. Loving someone is a choice,  IMO. Although when one falls in love, that would be purely emotional and initially for many, will be unconsciously so.  

Keep pondering... till ep 3 comes around with new stuff to ponder over....:crazy:

11 hours ago, bogin79 said:

i like all the quotes @jadecloud but my personal favourite HJH line - do not be someone that people like , be someone that you like. aisshhh it is so true right? most of the time we try to get other people's approval be it at workplace or school .. eventually we sort of lost track of who we are and who we want to be... sad truth isn't it.. 

Love that line too. Yes, it is a sound advice from teacher Hong to SW. What a skillful and positive way to brush off unwanted attention. Bravo teacher Hong! And I agree with your take. . 

9 hours ago, leekyuphii said:

@jadecloud its just two episodes but your favorite quote already that long....keep the lists coming!!!!your quotes list makes me want to watch the two episodes of this drama again. I found many quotes too, some of them already on your lists, and all the quotes really great and give some impact to me who watch it...some of it give us warm embrace, some of it also give us the harsh of reality that ended up like slap my face too...mostly my favorites quotes comes from JH line (for now i cant choose which one is my favorite...i like it all and its difficult to choose)...yeah his role as teacher really give many advice quotes to me who still look like a student in this society...

Haha... go ahead and watch again. I think I've already watched two rounds of each in different languages, and then some. IKR, so many awesome lines LOL. 

11 hours ago, irilight said:

Will Kim Rae Won and his student Park Shin Hye's risky relationship get uncovered by the school?

On the K-drama "Doctors," episode 3, Park Shin Hye's house got on fire, and Kim Rae Won would leave her though he doesn't want to, according to the teaser video.

Note: I am pretty sure the article is mistaken about the fire, saying it was in HJ's house....

Chingu, I'm with you on that 'fire'. This article writer did not just misread the 'fire' incident, I don't agree with the way YHJ and HJH relationship is being termed as 'risky' and whether it will be 'uncovered by the school'. But well, everyone is entitled to their POV.   

7 hours ago, starb82 said:

Oh, so it's not a teaser but an online broadcast? Wow! I wonder how pack the story already is by excluding that important scenes of Hye Jung's dark childhood. I thought it would be in the broadcast so that the viewers could have deeper understanding of why Hye Jung becomes a troubled teenager, the story would have been a tear-jearker if it done properly.

But, on a good note, hopefully it means that Doctors will have the least amount of filler and packed with meaningful scene for the whole 20 episodes. And with the story gearing up to the adulthood already, I guess the title is fitting: it is about doctors instead of a student-teacher love story. 

@jadecloud I love reading your insightful thoughts of the best line in the drama.

Thank you everybody for the update, you guys are fast!!

It's Sunday! Tomorrow's monday!! Third Episode! Yaaay!! 

Haha thank you chingu. And I agree, this prequel is rare. In the other drama MLED that I love, the PD-nim also used prequels (5 of them) to introduce backstories. I think it's awesome! Just as you've posted, hopefully DOCTORS is packed with goodness for viewers. Can't wait for ep 3 too!   

5 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@jadecloud we have different sub interpretations again for this drama :P I guess your using Viki but sadli I cant view it through Viki so I rely on other sites. Look another difference that the site I used compared to yours... your one interprets HJH is referring to himself whereas mine is "doctors" in general :blink:

Interesting right?? but let's hope it doesnt confuse us again like it did last time.  :confounded:

When I hear the segment, it does sound like 'general' is right. The chi-subbed version also referred to doctors in general. No matter though. It's minor and the general meaning of that segment is kept intact. Translation is interesting, esp when dealing with languages that are hard to translate, hangul being one of them.

Are you ready for ep 3 sista? Paili....   :crazy:

Btw, breaks my heart to see young YHJ being abused by her awful step-mom. I agree with many of you, no child (in fact no one) should have to suffer such atrocity, esp NOT under one's roof and within the same family. On the other hand, blended/extended family and step-mom's image are taking another big hit. Thank goodness for awesome grandmas like Mal Soon. Live long and well, grandma:heart:

• Like 19

OK before I went to bed...I can't help to post this pic...This pic is new for me...I don't know with you guys....Both in their own world...I wonder why they're exchange smile and looking each other like that while PD making his speech

TqP9y3M.jpg

credit pic to the owner

On 6/26/2016 at 11:25 PM, missminami said:

caramelmacchiato@ice_macchiato

그 애(爱) is the OST song in the lab scene, sang by Jung Yup, the rating of that scene is 19.2% #Doctors cr. Rainlv小窝

there are lots of good scenes in ep2 but the lab scene stood out for me.:wub: i watched it over n over in YT. Their face was perfectly so close & can't helped but be mesmerized by one another. It was innocent yet electrifying moment rolled into 1. I really believed that both of them were affected, some feelings were awakened.  the music was on point. there's no way Seo woo won't see the attraction between those 2. 

if its any indication, i dont know how much more when JH openly court HJ:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

ill look up that song, its lovely. thnks for sharing.

impatienly waiting for Younha's song as well, im sure its beautiful.

• Like 20

6 hours ago, Agie said:

OK before I went to bed...I can't help to post this pic...This pic is new for me...I don't know with you guys....Both in their own world...I wonder why they're exchange smile and looking each other like that while PD making his speech

credit pic to the owner

Honestly, they looked very compatible in the show. The way that PSH looks at KRW gives off an oppa feel. 

• Like 19

On 25-6-2016 at 5:02 PM, starb82 said:

Ahahaha, now I'm imagining the manly ahjussi awkwardly dance with Shin Hye. From all the snippets of behind the scene, he's always look shy because of cheesiness and aegyo stuff, though we could not see it on screen since he's such a good actor. I think he's someone serious in his line of work, has a good sense of humor but with words not like a goofy one; a charismatic sunbae.

But dancing to a girlband? That would be epic.

now you got me hoping to see something that probably won't happen :) 

maybe this has been posted before, sorry I don't back read all, but is it custom to give chocolate if you confess your love? and what if you get rejected, is it OK to keep that box of chocolate for yourself to eat away your love sickness?

• Like 15

what i like about Doctors' 1st 2 eps are:

1) it reminded me of my beloved grandma. the way we sleep together, how she combed my hair with her fingers, embraced me & said loving words in my dreamy state, especially when i get scolded by my parents becoz of my stubbornness.

Someone who loved me, believed in me, cared for me, stand by me & corrected me. I'm blessed to have a grandma like that. I missed her big time becoz of this show.

2) My handsome highschool teacher whom every student in drafting class had a crush on him including me. like my day brightens more when he smiles at me & gets jealous when he gives attention to others:angry:

3) My mentor. Someone whom i highly respect & looked up to yet treat me like a friend. I wouldn't be in a better disposition right now without his guidance & valuable lessons :wub: I once had a crush on him too becoz he's matured and caring. But now, I can only show how much i appreciate him :)  

As predictable and cliche the story is, it managed to brought back good memories and it touched me on a personal level :) 

• Like 15

4 hours ago, peanuts281 said:

now you got me hoping to see something that probably won't happen :) 

maybe this has been posted before, sorry I don't back read all, but is it custom to give chocolate if you confess your love? and what if you get rejected, is it OK to keep that box of chocolate for yourself to eat away your love sickness?

well...you can say so. Koreans & Japanese practice this during Valentines day & White day. I guess if i get rejected, i better eat the chocolate or my money & effort would go to waste :lol:

On my side, we usually give chocolates or flowers to show our affection to someone we love.

3 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently KBS gonna have a rerun of BM before the new episodes. I really hope it doesn't effect Doctors' ratings. 

it's an advantage for them and test for Doctors actually. Viewers attention maybe swayed to their favor or may solidified to Doctors. We can only hope that Doctors had held enough the viewers hearts & minds to tune in again through its entire run :) Lets see what happens tonight.

• Like 9

Hello people! Hope you guys are doing great! :lol:

The premiere week of Doctors was quite impressive. I really like how the writer put an emphasis on Yoo Hye Jung's past for the first week.

It really demonstrates a good overview how she wanted to turn her life around and escape the cycle of hatred that surrounds her family.

The pacing of the show has been slow but it surprisingly builds up with the main character discovering Hong Ji Hong's second profession.

As for the actors and actresses, kudos for a great chemistry between the leads. :w00t: Park Shin Hye has really refined and improved her acting skills over the years. Kim Rae Won? No surprise here, he simply delivers!

I was a bit disappointed about the filming work behind the action scenes with Park Shin Hye. 

The shaky camera and poor editing montage just blur what Park Shin Hye is able to do from what she's learned in action school prior filming. I would really love to see her own stunts with a continuous full shot.

Anyways, looking forward for the third episode! :wub:

(PS: I want to know which type of dog was featured in grandma's house!)

• Like 18

Guest AlexMao

Probably something that has been answered, though I can't say I saw it, but does anyone happen to know the song playing starting at around 38:20 (walk to school) - 39:50 (end of test) in the second episode? 

6 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Your questions... here are my 2 cents:D, 'loving through the brain', it sounds so mundane and boring, yet just as you've pondered, IMO, it does mean loving someone even when you don't like that person. Like an unreasonable parent who imposes extreme curfews and rules, you won't like that parent at that moment or for that matter, but you do still love, right? Like an abusive parent who abuses his/her kids, esp the young ones, yet in more cases than not, the abused kids would still love their abusive parents. Loving someone is a choice,  IMO. Although when one falls in love, that would be purely emotional 

And this line is so befitting with JH's personality. He's not an idealistic, poetic kind of person. He's a nice guy who always keeps everything real. He doesn't encourage his student to study hard if they don't have any talent to get good grades, he told them not to be caught fighting instead of not to fight at all, plus he's a neurosurgeon. So it's only natural that he said those lines.

He sees love as scientific matter, something that can affected the brain as he said, "brain have emotions" while telling the son to hold his mother's hand. And I have a feeling that he also sees love as something that can be controlled by the brain, seeing how casual he is with women shows that he feeks secure to hang out with the opposite gender without worrying that either side would live the other.

But as you said, he forgot to factor the 'fall in love' part, that ocçur not by choice but rather something that happened to human instead of sth that humans do, and it's sth emotional. But the choice to act on that love is basically a battle between logic and emotion. 

This relates to the relationship between JH and HJ and people complaint about the teacher-student relationship. Because I think even if JH ackowledges his interest to HJ, he will not act on it and that waiting for 10 years is not sth impossible. Because he's a man of logic and as the character description said 'someone who loves with his brain instead of his heart'.

@Agie aaw, be still my shipper heart. I thought he's bit distant during the press con. So seeing this picture warms my heart. Seriously, someone needs to just start a thread for them so I could ogle them everytime I want. Tehehe...

@peanuts281 I think confessing with chocolate or food is a japan/korean thingy as we see often in manga or anime. And yeah, if the person who you confessed to accept your heart, he would take the chocolate. Otherwise you're rejected.

@rori0711 is your real name Yoo Hye Jung?:P

Happy Doctor's broadcast day everybody!! I decided to scratch monday, tuesday and wednesday from my calendar and change them into Doctor's broadcast day and Doctor's subbed day. :glasses:

We reached 147 pages already, I bet we'll reach more than 150 by the end of the day. So, 50 pages per week.It's pretty fast isn't it?

• Like 12

23 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Haha sista, love the gif set of HJH taking back the milk bottles from YHJ. Love that look on his face when YHJ says he's thoughtless LOL and that look on her face when he takes back the milk LOL. I love this writer-nim who has a very good sense of humor. Can't wait for our next, yup, DR APPT. LOL. 

Same here :D I loved that scene! I bet we're going to see something related to that in a later episode. Just casually, her bringing him milk while she forgets the straws. :D 

40 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

The shaky camera and poor editing montage just blur what Park Shin Hye is able to do from what she's learned in action school prior filming. I would really love to see her own stunts with a continuous full shot.

I read that she trained for a few weeks/months and gotten pretty good at it. Still, in that short period of time it's difficult to master anything, so I think that if they used a continuous shot, it would've shown her lack of mastery, eventhough she'd still be able to pull things off way better than, for instance, me.
So eventhough I agree with you and would've loved that scene, or any of the fighting scenes, without the shaky cam, I'm happy with what we got :) 

Ah, today is the day for episode 3! Let's go subs! I need you :D 

• Like 19

9 hours ago, thea2410 said:

yeap, i'm xFictionShadowMV.. ;) hahaha :lol: yeap, i wish Ji Soo will be kind of more important for the drama but yeahhh, sadly he's just a supporting cast.. tbh, he's my fantasy type of guy... cool,bad guy going around with motorbike.. damnnn! hot! hahaha xD but yeah.. we still got our Kyun Sang as the 2nd guy is also great! i'm such a JH x HJ shipper but i think my heart gonna sway a bit by Kyun Sang! i have a soft spot for him.. LOL (and..he's so tall too! xD)..

and yeah... all the guy in Doctors are super HOT and HANDSOME.. such an eye candy! hahaha... even the gangster guy that hurt in the beginning of ep1 so hot like..af!! :lol:

That was such a great vid! The song was perfect, it went together so well. This was my first time watching Ji Soo in a drama. He does fit that cool bad guy but still nice since he helped Hye Jung when that gang was chasing her. Thanks for making it.

This back reading and posting just mixes me up I think I should be on page 143 but I'm on 146:crazy:  

• Like 16

Guest myasally

Finally it's monday guys! Can't believe i love mondays now...

Are we going to get time jump today? I wish we could huhuhu

1 minute ago, myasally said:

Finally it's monday guys! Can't believe i love mondays now...

Are we going to get time jump today? I wish we could huhuhu

I wished too.. Can we time jump to September ? So that I can enjoy the whole drama at one go :( 

if only I had a handsome teacher, I might be a doctor now ;) 

• Like 15