[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

sorry for the quickly made rough sketch to explain the beautifully made chart posted on Weibo. The aim was to familiarize with the characters and their relationships before the commencement of the drama. Hope it is of some use.

still not getting the hang of how the new system operates here on Soompi hence one post in three parts :(

it refuses to accept my edits....must be doing something wrong..

• Like 12

1. Park Shin Hye as Yoo Hye-Jung
Hye-jung is a helpless gangster who has never lost a fist fightBecause Hye-jung had suffered from abuses in her upbringing, she has a tough personality and ready-to-fight mentality. She was a bully in school with a tough personality and always goes wayward. She had many scars from her childhood and through self-perservation, Hye-jung keeps her heart shut away from other people.

With Ji-hong's help mentoring she undergoes dramatic transformation into a better person and a neurosurgeon by showing the errors of her way.

2. Kim Rae Won as Hong Ji Hong
Hong Ji-hong is a gifted surgeon well known in the medical profession...with good brains, congeniality and popularity. This makes people and colleagues have faith and trust in him.
He becomes a mentor to Hye-jung; therefore, she slowly transforms into a doctor through his guidance and help.

3. Yoon Kyun Sang as Jung Yoon Do
Yoon Do is the elder son of one of the country's leading conglomerate families. In order to escape from his father's expectations from him to take over the company, he becomes a doctor (neurosurgeon) .He Wishes for a relaxed trouble free life and an exciting love. He falls for the gangster-turned-doctor Hye-jung.

4. Lee Sung Kyung as Jin Seo Woo
Seo-woo is a former high-school friend of Hye-jung, and a fellow neurosurgeon. Born in a rich family full of doctors, Seo-woo develops a "princess" character. After Hye-Jung seemingly takes away the love of her love and close friends in high school, she is overcome with jealousy and their rivalry continues to their adult careers as doctors

5. Kim Min Soek as Chol Kang Joo

Kang Ju is a neurosurgeon who graduated from a top University, and competes with Hye-jung for the title of "Best Neurosurgeon". He is also a popular blogger who writes about the story of Hye-jung's transformation from a gangster to a doctor, and later develops a crush on her.

1D. Ji Soo as Soo Chul

Hye-jung's first love, who leaves a big impact on her life.

• Like 16

@inshara2000......Thanks :PNo, I am not Chinese but know few....I got the chart posted on Twitter and was in total awe of the perfection. Unfortunately, my lack of Chinese language and tech know how made me make the chart free hand. One good point of the effort was that I know it well now.......all set to watch the drama. :D

@NileRose.........Thanks Chingu! It's good to see you more often now. Waiting does become more bearable visiting the forum and exchanging views.....reminds me of good old days. :D

There is so much dearth of news coming out . I was looking forward to few pictures of the script reading but they seem to have it under strict prohibition. That would have increased some traffic in the forum. :P Maybe they will share them nearer the drama as part of the publicity. It's going to be a quiet weekend in regards to any drama news.....

have a great weekend everyone!

PS: due to inability in posting anything Edited....was unable to post the credit for the pencil sketch of the characters above.....credit: Wikipedia ....thought it would go well with the chart even if read before.

• Like 12

On 4/1/2016 at 5:18 PM, suchadiva42 said:

@valsava Waving chingu glad your back and will be joining us, you said that right we definitely can't pass up on KRW and yes I loved Cat on the Roof/Rooftop and hoping this one will be a good one as well.

@suchadiva42  Looking forward to KRW and PSH

Thanks @maris1  For your hard work and wonderful efforts..

• Like 9

14 hours ago, maris1 said:

sorry for the quickly made rough sketch to explain the beautifully made chart posted on Weibo. The aim was to familiarize with the characters and their relationships before the commencement of the drama. Hope it is of some use.

still not getting the hang of how the new system operates here on Soompi hence one post in three parts :(

it refuses to accept my edits....must be doing something wrong..

Thank you so much for the translation, @maris1
And also for the new translated chart.  (Not allowed to quote pictures). Love it.

@valsava, I am so glad you are here, my twin....

News bites: April 30, 2016

• The cast list for highly anticipated summer drama Doctors keeps on growing. Yoon Hae-young (Prime Minister and I) has been confirmed to play Lee Sung-kyung’s mother. Yoon’s upcoming role is described to be quite different from her character inPrime Minister and I; this time she will portray a perfect façade to the world to hide the complexity of her true nature. Doctors is set to air on Mondays and Tuesdays in June. [Sports DongA]

Source: Dramabeans

Yoon Hae-young  profile on AsianWiki

http://asianwiki.com/Yoon_Hae-Young

• Like 13

1 hour ago, irilight said:

Thank you so much for the translation, @maris1
And also for the new translated chart.  (Not allowed to quote pictures). Love it.

@valsava, I am so glad you are here, my twin....

News bites: April 30, 2016

• The cast list for highly anticipated summer drama Doctors keeps on growing. Yoon Hae-young (Prime Minister and I) has been confirmed to play Lee Sung-kyung’s mother. Yoon’s upcoming role is described to be quite different from her character inPrime Minister and I; this time she will portray a perfect façade to the world to hide the complexity of her true nature. Doctors is set to air on Mondays and Tuesdays in June. [Sports DongA]

Source: Dramabeans

Yoon Hae-young  profile on AsianWiki

http://asianwiki.com/Yoon_Hae-Young

excited, waiting the first  shoot to publish...so Choi in ha versus Bae in ha...:blink::blink::blink: i very love my cute girl Psh, and talk reality her rival is good actress too, her acting captivated me in mbc drama.. sorry i forgot the title, i wish their relationship in the drama not turn out be haters and done something unresonable act..i don't like this kind of rivalty.. i prefer intelectual and skill wars... my excpaction so high to this drama i really hope the writer not the streotype. who write the bad is always bad and the good without flaws...because in real life nobody is perfect. we live to learn and to lean one to another, growth with mature and wise.as human being.''team doctor'' faighting...

• Like 9

6 hours ago, mujay said:

and talk reality her rival is good actress too, her acting captivated me in mbc drama.. sorry i forgot the title, i wish their relationship in the drama not turn out be haters and done something unresonable act..i don't like this kind of rivalty.. i prefer intelectual and skill wars

Me too... on all your points, @mujay. I think you may be referring to Queen's Flower. Still on my to watch list. (I watched part of it, but when I found myself waiting for subs long time, I put it hold for later date).  Also, Lee Sung-Kyung is gorgeous!

Not sure if Kim Rae-Won had finished filming. Today I saw a photo of his fans' coffee track for "The Prison," so they may still be filming.

• Like 10

Wow is it June 20th yet?? I guess not and sadly not even close enough :crazy:

Thanks @maris1 for your efforts in making the relationship chart. I was working on one too but just trying to think how to piece it together. Im not tech savy enough but I can read a few Chinese :sweatingbullets: here is my interpretation of it

Spoiler

ChM3gpjUYAAmdZ-.jpg

But just to add to your diagram and based on the weibo relationship chart source the Chinese word - 同事 means work colleague. The weibo chart pinpoints the work colleague relationship with either PSH or KRW character. The 2 guys next to KRW character are also a Neurologist and are very high rank in the department too. 

With PSH character her colleagues are YGS (like you said his also a 2nd generation Chaebol and will have a love line with PSH), LSK, KMS (who also has a loveline with PSH character)and of course KRW. Next to the line that is connecting them both it also says 師 生 which means teacher/ student relationship. Ji Soo is PSH first crush- 初恋

Then PSH family line.. I cant read the words next to her grandmother (KYA) :sweatingbullets: but PSH father  it says 冷漠 which means coldly treated/ ignored so the father daughter relationship isnt a good one.

MJI is PSH bestfriend since school... Im glad she has a friend to rely on as looking here at the relationship chart it seems like PSH will need it.

LSK it says PSH is her work colleague and she has a love line with KRW too. It also says that KRW is her tutor/ teacher 导师 and the lady connecting to LSK is her mother

I hope I didnt leave anything out. :P

Thanks everyone for the updates I cant wait for June 20th!! DOCTORS FIGHTING!!! 

• Like 13

@Kasmic......Thanks! ..for explaining the chart in detail. It makes it clearer. You did cover everything on it. :) I think we are good now  in regards to how things will be once the drama starts. This chart posted on Weibo was really made well. 

I can relate to you feeling impatient to see her again. It really has been a long time. I think nearer the time ( June)....we should see more publicity for the drama so things will seem to move faster. 

• Like 11

About Seo Woo's mother, when I read " a perfect façade to the world to hide the complexity of her true nature", suddenly got goosebumps. Dont know her true nature is bad or good one.

I hope PD, writter can help all cast decrible well all characters because every single one has a good background on their characters, although Doctors has a lot of cha but it's not mess, relationships between them are also smooth and wise to develop the story. Above of all, I want to see more scenes about medical thing.

And one thing from medical drama interested in me is its seperate story. =)

• Like 7

I wonder about Yoo Hye Jung 's Mother ( park shin hye character ) ,they didn't mention anything about her ;) Is she alive or dead or it will be something that the writer will use her in drama .

I find the story is interesting and the characters also I hope the production , direction and writing will be excellent .

• Like 9

I really hope the plot isn't cliche. They have an amazing cast and I really hope to see their acting skills shine in this drama.

There's a lot of romance in this drama but I wonder how they are going add the medical genre to this drama. Hopefully there's a good balance of medical and romance in this drama since it's a drama about doctors.

• Like 16

@maris1 @Kasmic .. thanks so much for ur efforts to make it clearer . 

I'm waiting for this to see KRW . hope this character would be attractive and interesting as JungHwan in Punch . I was hope if there is a relation between him and Kyung-sang character  instead of a triangle of love it would be better than this . after all, I have a trust on him and I'll watch this for him . 

thanks, all of u for posting any update here . 

• Like 12

It surprising me for the fact that Doctors's script is winning a competition. I thought that was a reason why actors and actress in A+ like KRW and PSH accepted this drama. Dont worry chingu-yaaa~ it would be a big success. Btw i wondering why there is no news about reading script? so sad  :(((

• Like 12

11 hours ago, avantbolmae said:

About Seo Woo's mother, when I read " a perfect façade to the world to hide the complexity of her true nature", suddenly got goosebumps. Dont know her true nature is bad or good one.

Interesting......

6 hours ago, NileRose said:

I wonder about Yoo Hye Jung 's Mother ( park shin hye character ) ,they didn't mention anything about her ;) Is she alive or dead or it will be something that the writer will use her in drama .

I also wonder about her....

17 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Then PSH family line.. I cant read the words next to her grandmother (KYA) :sweatingbullets: but PSH father  it says 冷漠 which means coldly treated/ ignored so the father daughter relationship isnt a good one.

They say that PSH's character (YHJ) was abused as a kid. I wonder, if by her dad, or here mom, or both..

I  also noticed the in the love interest on the relationship chart, YHG had love interest in SC but it was not reciprocated; At the present time, she is the love interest of both CKJ and JYD, but it is a one way interest from their side.

Another interesting point is that the girlfriend - SH - if friend to both YHJ, and her rival - SJW.  Could it be that SH will betray one of them? Or would she do the opposite, and bring peace and reconciliation between them?

• Like 12