[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

5 hours ago, irilight said:

Personally, for me, I agree.
But for the actors and production team ratings are essential.  The actors of drama with high ratings are more likely to be awarded at the end of the year, for example. Higher ratings bring more revenues. It's a money game, after all.

Oh I know that too...

But how to say it?

Rating is very important but it doesn't determine everything. As long as the drama is well received and their acting get recognized.... they should be fine. There are many cases when there drama had good rating but the actors get bad reputation (Baek Jin hee's last drama).... or no attention (YSH in Remember) ... That's what I said rating isn't everything 

And I'm not saying we won't have good rating...

I'm just listing MY priority and  point of view based on what we have. 

The cast is the only thing of the drama I have nothing to complaint about. The casting director is doing a wonderful job. Writer and PD are my main concerns and I hope they prove me wrong.

Competition wise, Monster has 50 eps and will likely lead when we start . Beautiful mind is also about Doctor theme which will start 2 weeks before ours and follow with no.1 rating drama right now.

I set my expectation low but of course I hope for more 

But you all can just ignore me :P

Edit:

Okay I just learn KBS might have a short drama before BM so they might not be 2 weeks ahead... Let's see

• Like 13

2 hours ago, gotchi19 said:

Who is Yoon Hae Young?

Yoon-Hae-Young-01.jpg

Name: 윤해영 / Yoon Hae Young
Profession: Actress
Birthdate: 1972-Nov-19
Height: 170cm
Weight: 48kg
Blood type: A
Hobby: Bowling

TV Series

Glamorous Temptation (MBC, 2015)
TV Novel – In Still Green Days (KBS2, 2015)
Apgujeong Midnight Sun (MBC, 2014)
The Prime Minister and I (KBS2, 2013)
I Love You (SBS, 2012)
Big (KBS2, 2012)
Special Crime Squad MSS (KBS2, 2011)
Hot Coffee (KBS2, 2010)
The Tale of Janghwa and Hongryeon (KBS2, 2009)
My Precious Child (KBS2, 2008)
Kokkiri (MBC, 2008)
By Land and Sky (KBS1, 2007)
Love and Ambition (SBS, 2006)
Love Can’t Wait (MBC, 2006)
Tears of Diamond (SBS, 2005)
One Million Roses (KBS1, 2003)
This is Love (KBS1, 2001)
Life is Beautiful (KBS2, 2001)
Queen (SBS, 1999)
See and See Again (MBC, 1998)

cr:koreandrama.org

• Like 11

Lee Sung-kyung to be Park Shin-hye’s rival in ‘Doctors’

restmb_jhidxmake.php-24-2.jpeg

Model-turned-actress Lee Sung-kyung has confirmed her role in the upcoming drama “Doctors” as the rival of Park Shin-hye, according to local media outlets.

Lee will play Jin Seo-woo, the antagonist who has her first love stolen by her high school classmate Yoo Hye-jung, played by Park. The character, a neurosurgery fellow, is the only daughter of a family of doctors.

Lee has also been in the dramas “It’s Okay, It’s Love,” “Flower of the Queen” and “Cheese in the Trap.”
restmb_jhidxmake.php-25-2.jpeg

The upcoming MBC drama “Doctors” will air in June, Its star-studded cast includes actor Kim Rae-won.

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 12

Yoon Kyun Sang and Lee Sung Kyung Confirmed for SBS Drama Doctors with Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won

Posted on April 25, 2016 by ockoala

alldone1.jpg

This is fantastic and reassuring drama casting news for me – rising acting talent Yoon Kyun Sang and Lee Sung Kyung are confirmed for upcoming SBSdrama Doctors (formerly called Female Gangster Hye Jung). They will join leads Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye in a story centered around the neurosurgery department of a top Seoul hospital. This casting will reunite Yoon Kyun Sang with Park Shin Hye after they did Pinoochio together for SBS, which was the drama that put tall strapping Yoon Kyun Sang on the map and led to him doing another SBS drama in The Time I Loved You and now his third in a row with the network with Doctors. Lee Sung Kyung also broke out working with the network on SBS drama It’s Okay, It’s Love, and most recently create lots of buzz with her interesting acting performance in much talked about tvN drama Cheese in the Trap. Casting is now complete for Doctors and filming will soon be underway as everyone gets fitted for their white coats and scrubs.

alldne1.jpg

In addition to leads Park Shin Hye, Kim Rae Won, Yoon Kyun Sang, and Lee Sung Kyung, additional Doctors cast member include Ji Soo, Kim Min Suk who got on the radar thanks to Descendants of the Sun, veteran Kim Young Ae, andMoon Ji In. Doctors premieres on June 20th on SBS Mon-Tues followingJackpot (The Royal Gambler)

Source- http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/25/yoon-kyun-sang-and-lee-sung-kyung-confirmed-for-sbs-drama-doctors-with-park-shin-hye-and-kim-rae-won/

• Like 14

OOOOOOH! Kang Minhyuk cameoing in 'Doctors'!! Hopefully he accepts the invitation XD

I would love to see Minhyuk in 'Doctors' as well!! :heart:

If he does cameo in 'Doctors', I would fangirl so much :wub:

It's so nice to hear my two baes (Park Shin Hye and Kang Minhyuk) interacting with each other :heart:

• Like 9

It seems that My beautiful mind is now starting on the same date as Doctors...20th June. It has the script reading same date and is also a medical drama. ...so there everything is set for a stiff competition....

lets see now......beautiful mind script was refused by many leading actors. Maybe they changed it. On the other hand that writer has many successful dramas. Whereas, Ha Myung has won the best script not only for this doctors but also for can we get married? She does not write the typical popular romantic comedy . Her dramas always have serious undertones and closer to reality. Since this is not going to be a pre-produced drama , I hope they don't change it as they go along ....that will adversely affect the quality of the drama.

i want them to stick to the original script with the original story as envisioned by the writer.....that got the award. They should concentrate on producing the drama in a way that compels the audience to watch it live every week.

Also we have good actors...that's a huge plus....a good blend of experience and popular. They have pretty good cast too.

so where do we stand? 

Only time will tell....

• Like 14

1 hour ago, maris1 said:

It seems that My beautiful mind is now starting on the same date as Doctors...20th June. It has the script reading same date and is also a medical drama. ...so there everything is set for a stiff competition....

ha, @maris1, just what I was about to post.  Interesting that they would be going neck to neck, and both are about neurosurgeons too...

The writer on "Beautiful Mind" also have some good past drama:  The Great King Sejong, Sungkyungkwan Scandal, Monstar. And Beautiful Mind's director has done before: Drama Special Sirius, Dream High 2, and Smile Again.  

Now I wish our drama were to start earlier.....  Still, I have lots of faith in our cast.

And in an article on Naver they announce the upcoming script reading as well.

201604261520774684_571f0b6947a33_99_2016

"Actor Kim Rae-won and Park Shin Hye SBS starring entered a new full-scale production drama 'Doctors', starting with the script reading."

source

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, irilight said:

ha, @maris1, just what I was about to post.  Interesting that they would be going neck to neck, and both are about neurosurgeons too...

The writer on "Beautiful Mind" also have some good past drama:  The Great King Sejong, Sungkyungkwan Scandal, Monstar. And Beautiful Mind's director has done before: Drama Special Sirius, Dream High 2, and Smile Again.  

Now I wish our drama were to start earlier.....  Still, I have lots of faith in our cast.

LOL let's not be greedy. Now it's fair! 

Our drama was supposed to air 2 weeks after and KBS drama is leading right now too. It'd be a huge disadvantage especially that we have the same Doctors theme. But luckily KBS will have a special drama to buy time for BM.

And  Ha Myung Hee isn't too bad with CWGM and WW. Her works are quite realistic. Besides this is a winning script. PD is who worries me the most :P

And YAY! for finally the script reading. I guess and hope KRW is done with his 2 movies and can focus on Doctors now.

@maris1they indeed rewrote the script. Writer wise I like HKM a bit more

But let's focus on our project instead of others :)

• Like 9

@irilight @thao_2512

1. Our cast is good....perfect balance of experience, ability, charisma and popularity. 

2. The wtiter has more than one award winning scripts in CWGM and one warm word nominated for best screen play in in Baeksang 2014, 2015 resp. Doctors  the Best Drama Script award in 2010 in a contest held by the Broadcasting Content Promotion Foundation. Since these are her only dramas alongwith High society for TV , I think that's a pretty high success ratio. It's just that she does not write fluffy light comedies.

3. Our director is an unknown factor in the mix but Doctors being his debut drama ....he has all to gain by proving himself when he already has a great cast and a winning script.

Conclusion:  we can actually have a successful drama on our hands .

we have been going in circles.....by now very much aware what's there ....clear as crystal. What cannot be foreseen , will be apparent only once the drama starts.

keeping above facts in mind, I really don't feel the need for any worries regarding opposition in the same time slot. The comparisons are natural and bound to take place with everything going under the microscope. But, what's any drama worth its salt if it cannot take any competition.

Everything hangs in balance until the first few episodes when the viewers will decide which will occupy their Monday/Tuesday time at 22:00 hrs

(PS: Btw do you think we will be having a new name for Doctors?...Really hope so!)

• Like 12

3 hours ago, irilight said:

Me too, @thao_2512.  I also wonder why he is not announced yet on most sites. Is it not finalized yet, with script-reading in 2 days?

you meant the PD? Because he is new? so most English sites haven't reported/known him yet. Doctors is his debut work and it can be good or bad...

3 hours ago, maris1 said:

@irilight @thao_2512

(PS: Btw do you think we will be having a new name for Doctors?...Really hope so!)

I hope they will change to a different name too... but they haven't until now... they probably might not...

EDIT:

Jung Hae Kyun  will join Doctors as Hyejung's dad

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000469601

Who is the casting Director? I need to know him/her

The cast has been A+ even all supporting roles 

• Like 12

@thao_2512 the casting director definitely has done well but another interesting point to note is that all these actors and actresses find their characters interesting enough to accept the drama ....irrespective of the nature of the role ....big or small.......reflects well on the script and promising for the future outlook of this drama.

• Like 12

On 24/4/2016 at 4:47 AM, thao_2512 said:

Oh I know that too...

But how to say it?

Rating is very important but it doesn't determine everything. As long as the drama is well received and their acting get recognized.... they should be fine. There are many cases when there drama had good rating but the actors get bad reputation (Baek Jin hee's last drama).... or no attention (YSH in Remember) ... That's what I said rating isn't everything 

And I'm not saying we won't have good rating...

I'm just listing MY priority and  point of view based on what we have. 

The cast is the only thing of the drama I have nothing to complaint about. The casting director is doing a wonderful job. Writer and PD are my main concerns and I hope they prove me wrong.

Competition wise, Monster has 50 eps and will likely lead when we start . Beautiful mind is also about Doctor theme which will start 2 weeks before ours and follow with no.1 rating drama right now.

I set my expectation low but of course I hope for more 

But you all can just ignore me :P

Edit:

Okay I just learn KBS might have a short drama before BM so they might not be 2 weeks ahead... Let's see

Sorry guys because my english is not good, but i just want to say something about YSH.

First, you said no attention? It's not true in Korea and many other countries. U know in Korea, YSH was loved by everybody ( he was loved anh more popular than Kim Rae Won in Korea and my country Vietnam) so Remember was popular in Korea and my country Vietnam when it's airing. He was loved in Korea anh some countries but he doesn't have many international fans like soompi fans because from early 2013 to early 2015 he went to military when he is only 20 years old. So he don't have many dramas and he only comeback in small screen with Remember after 3 years from I Miss You ( his character is very popular in that year and received much love than main lead). Other reasons, he often choose melodrama like I Miss You, Remember... not rom-com or hallyu drama. Why? Because he don't want to be a hallyu actor like Kim Soo Hyun, Song Joong Ki, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jong Suk... (but he can), he want to be a an actor who can bring happiness to everyone by acting. Anh now he is only 23 years old, he is talent,handsome, he has good acting so his acting career is still very bright in the future.

I also love Park Shin Hye too and YSH, PSH are close friend so i'll support her in Doctors :)

Finally, I hope you can understand something i write. Thanks!

P/s: @thao_2512 , are you from Vietnam? U know in VN, YSH is popular, he was love by his great acting, YSH fans in VN is huge, just behind Ji Chang Wook, Song Joong Ki, Lee jong Suk, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Seo Jun, Lee Min Ho, Park Hae Jin :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

Jung Hae Kyun  will join Doctors as Hyejung's dad

Who is the casting Director? I need to know him/her

The cast has been A+ even all supporting roles 

Happy to hear about Jung Hae-Kyun's casting. Just saw him recently in "Signal."  I agree, another good actor.

I also totally agree with you, @thao_2512, about the quality of the cast members...

I too hope they change the name, but they have to do it soon, if they plan on it.

42 minutes ago, maris1 said:

@thao_2512 the casting director definitely has done well but another interesting point to note is that all these actors and actresses find their characters interesting enough to accept the drama ....irrespective of the nature of the role ....big or small.......reflects well on the script and promising for the future outlook of this drama.

@maris1, Absolutely. In addition, I think they also recognize it as a good, even excellent opportunity..

About the PD, even if he is new - if he takes feedback from the actors that would be great.

• Like 8