[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

ugggh if nt for d stupid headache that felt like my head split into two, would have posted this before i slp. Will back read and catch up on new gifs thoughts and fmvs shared soon. Like @JaegerJS exactly as u put go to slp thking and wake up thinking, endless cycle. Is it just me or did waiting for ep10 become excruciatingly long. Longer than before. 20h30mins to go. Its atleast W day here.

aviary-image-1471941189108.jpeg

I believe Kang Chul and Yeon joo are connected by a red string of fate. From the moment she drew him. And then until the right moment she was pulled in to the manhwa to meet him. And even as they reset and change things, she continues to be pulled in. Because they couldnt change fate.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

FANMADE MEME 

SOO BONG TO KANG CHUL

Hide contents

I was lazy to put watermark in every pic that I make...hope no one will take advantage of this...thank's

PS: I hope we'll get three episodes this week or maybe next week...if they didn't do that I might think they will add one episode for W

thank you for thee meme!! hhhhhhhhhhh that was my reaction at that scene!! he really need to stop causing us heart attacks and stay away from every hight building/bridge in entire Korea!! :heartbreak: 

3 hours ago, dominjoonssi said:

hoping they will show 3 episodes this week to make up for the pre-empt during the Olympics.

the pacing is really off if they end the week with the odd number episode.

sharing some new interesting titbits:

1) remember the supposed open-ended ending for the W manhwa loveline when KC and SH meets right in the middle of the street? it is actually a throwback reference to the famous ending of MBC's iconic hit Hallyu drama All About Eve.(2000).

2) Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son. I don't think I need to explain the myth, but we know that Rhea substituted a stone for baby Zeus and eventually Zeus grows up to overthrow Saturn and free his other siblings. Hmmm, someone speculated if Zeus was to be KC, maybe YJ would be the stone, since she got pulled into the manhwa. In this case, Zeus succeeds, so we have hope for our OTP and the other manhwa characters.

3) When I first posted here, I mentioned the novel Sophie's World, which has a premise very similar to W. 2 characters in novel-world created by a father for his daughter, learning about philosophy and existentialism, become self-aware and attempt to escape from their world. Writer-father apparently makes a mess of the characters' lives in the imaginative world, and both the characters and the writer's daughter don't agree with his intentions. The characters eventually plot to escape from the writer's mind into RL and they succeeded. I haven't read this novel so I can't give the details though..

4) I really need to re-watch the earlier episodes because writer-nim has been dropping clues everywhere. Earlier on, there were mentions of teleportation and kidnapping and other random stuff, which I think will become significant as the plot moves on. BTW, someone pointed out that on the real criminal's wall in EP9, where he pasted photos of the KC and his family, there are also newspaper cuttings, in particular one referring to KC's mystery wife. Another bug or just implying that KC's original projected destiny includes marriage?

5) Has anyone noticed that YJ bought W manhwa Vol. 34 into the W universe when she went back to the hospital during the shooting? Speculations galore that it may end up with KC (fancam pic of LJS holding a copy of the W manhwa during filming) and trigger his memories since Vol. 34 is all bout him and YJ.... but then this may be a bug cos why would KC go into the sleeping quarters of resident doctors?

6) The name of the hospital YJ works for in RL universe has the same name of the hospital in Nine Time Travels, which is owned by the main lead character Park Sun-woo's father.

7) If you watch EP6 carefully, you will notice when KC lets go of the bridge railing to jump into the Kang River, the railings have words in one cut and no words in another cut. If this is not a mistake by the filming and editing team, then it means that KC went back to the manhwa  W world just as he lets go and before he hits the waters.

that's it folks. I'm returning to work. one more sleep to W day. :love:

1/ I don't know that drama but I think writeer-nim has made sure to criticise every plot or writing methods we fans complained and suffered of!! :lol: 

2/ yes!! I can't even say it's funny or satisfying but how disturbing that the real monster Seong Moo created is actually the psycho culprit that he casted aside not thinking much of him and his threats!! 

3/ Owww I loved thi novel!! I want to read it!! :D the problem here is that the danger our OTP are facing isn't the father's createed seet-up but the loss of controle over his villain who gained more power than he should and now they don't know how to stop him!! I'd love to kill the father for his dumbneess but right now I feel really sorry for him so I can't geet that angry at him but I am angry anyway!!

4/ I'd welcome that!! :D:wub: I think that it's more like history is repeating iteself after the reset (pleaaaaaaaaase let this repeated hystory free of Kang Cheol's concecutive life threatening situations!! pleaaaaaase!!) but using different roads so we can have a 2nd marriage!! :wub: I'm swoooning all by myself!! :love: 

5/ well she can usee it as a prove for all the "nonsens" that she will try to convince him that it's true otherwise how would he believe her unbelievable story?!! 

6/ hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really?!! writer-nim really loved that drama apparently!! :lol: 

7/ it can be!!

1 hour ago, sharreb said:

ugggh if nt for d stupid headache that felt like my head split into two, would have posted this before i slp. Will back read and catch up on new gifs thoughts and fmvs shared soon. Like @JaegerJS exactly as u put go to slp thking and wake up thinking, endless cycle. Is it just me or did waiting for ep10 become excruciatingly long. Longer than before. 20h30mins to go. Its atleast W day here.

I believe Kang Chul and Yeon joo are connected by a red string of fate. From the moment she drew him. And then until the right moment she was pulled in to the manhwa to meet him. And even as they reset and change things, she continues to be pulled in. Because they couldnt change fate.

I hope you get better soon chingu!! :)

yes this time it felt as the time didn't want to move!! 

agree with you!! no matter how much Kang Cheol tried to make sure that Yeon Joo's fate won't cross roads to his dangerous life, it's fated for them to be part of each others lives!! 

• Like 5

I was reading javabean's recap for the 1st episode of "Moonlight Drawn By Clouds" and she said this in her thought about the drama “But it’s also not something you can purely attribute to cuteness, because cuteness without context (ha, I said context) is, ultimately, empty.” and I couldn't stop laughing at the use of the word "context" and how she pointed at it!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  an can you imagine the characters here going against the writer if they oppose his/her storyline that if it was out of “context”?!! :lol: 

• Like 4

from the start I knew we will suffer with our OTP in their fight againt their enemies and to reach their happines but now it feels as if all the pain we went through with them wa a peice of cake with things getting more horrifying than I ever thought that my fears are implified and my tears can't be stoped!! :bawling: 

• Like 6

1. 9 hours ago, dominjoonssi said:
    1. hoping they will show 3 episodes this week to make up for the pre-empt during the Olympics.
    2. the pacing is really off if they end the week with the odd number episode.
    3. sharing some new interesting titbits:
    4. 1) remember the supposed open-ended ending for the W manhwa loveline when KC and SH meets right in the middle of the street? it is actually a throwback reference to the famous ending of MBC's iconic hit Hallyu drama All About Eve.(2000).
    5. 2) Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son. I don't think I need to explain the myth, but we know that Rhea substituted a stone for baby Zeus and eventually Zeus grows up to overthrow Saturn and free his other siblings. Hmmm, someone speculated if Zeus was to be KC, maybe YJ would be the stone, since she got pulled into the manhwa. In this case, Zeus succeeds, so we have hope for our OTP and the other manhwa characters.
    6. 3) When I first posted here, I mentioned the novel Sophie's World, which has a premise very similar to W. 2 characters in novel-world created by a father for his daughter, learning about philosophy and existentialism, become self-aware and attempt to escape from their world. Writer-father apparently makes a mess of the characters' lives in the imaginative world, and both the characters and the writer's daughter don't agree with his intentions. The characters eventually plot to escape from the writer's mind into RL and they succeeded. I haven't read this novel so I can't give the details though..
    7. 4) I really need to re-watch the earlier episodes because writer-nim has been dropping clues everywhere. Earlier on, there were mentions of teleportation and kidnapping and other random stuff, which I think will become significant as the plot moves on. BTW, someone pointed out that on the real criminal's wall in EP9, where he pasted photos of the KC and his family, there are also newspaper cuttings, in particular one referring to KC's mystery wife. Another bug or just implying that KC's original projected destiny includes marriage?
    8. 5) Has anyone noticed that YJ bought W manhwa Vol. 34 into the W universe when she went back to the hospital during the shooting? Speculations galore that it may end up with KC (fancam pic of LJS holding a copy of the W manhwa during filming) and trigger his memories since Vol. 34 is all bout him and YJ.... but then this may be a bug cos why would KC go into the sleeping quarters of resident doctors?
    9. 6) The name of the hospital YJ works for in RL universe has the same name of the hospital in Nine Time Travels, which is owned by the main lead character Park Sun-woo's father.
    10. 7) If you watch EP6 carefully, you will notice when KC lets go of the bridge railing to jump into the Kang River, the railings have words in one cut and no words in another cut. If this is not a mistake by the filming and editing team, then it means that KC went back to the manhwa  W world just as he lets go and before he hits the waters.
    11. that's it folks. I'm returning to work. one more sleep to W day. :love:

9 hours ago, dominjoonssi said:

hoping they will show 3 episodes this week to make up for the pre-empt during the Olympics.

the pacing is really off if they end the week with the odd number episode.

sharing some new interesting titbits:

1) remember the supposed open-ended ending for the W manhwa loveline when KC and SH meets right in the middle of the street? it is actually a throwback reference to the famous ending of MBC's iconic hit Hallyu drama All About Eve.(2000).

2) Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son. I don't think I need to explain the myth, but we know that Rhea substituted a stone for baby Zeus and eventually Zeus grows up to overthrow Saturn and free his other siblings. Hmmm, someone speculated if Zeus was to be KC, maybe YJ would be the stone, since she got pulled into the manhwa. In this case, Zeus succeeds, so we have hope for our OTP and the other manhwa characters.

3) When I first posted here, I mentioned the novel Sophie's World, which has a premise very similar to W. 2 characters in novel-world created by a father for his daughter, learning about philosophy and existentialism, become self-aware and attempt to escape from their world. Writer-father apparently makes a mess of the characters' lives in the imaginative world, and both the characters and the writer's daughter don't agree with his intentions. The characters eventually plot to escape from the writer's mind into RL and they succeeded. I haven't read this novel so I can't give the details though..

4) I really need to re-watch the earlier episodes because writer-nim has been dropping clues everywhere. Earlier on, there were mentions of teleportation and kidnapping and other random stuff, which I think will become significant as the plot moves on. BTW, someone pointed out that on the real criminal's wall in EP9, where he pasted photos of the KC and his family, there are also newspaper cuttings, in particular one referring to KC's mystery wife. Another bug or just implying that KC's original projected destiny includes marriage?

5) Has anyone noticed that YJ bought W manhwa Vol. 34 into the W universe when she went back to the hospital during the shooting? Speculations galore that it may end up with KC (fancam pic of LJS holding a copy of the W manhwa during filming) and trigger his memories since Vol. 34 is all bout him and YJ.... but then this may be a bug cos why would KC go into the sleeping quarters of resident doctors?

6) The name of the hospital YJ works for in RL universe has the same name of the hospital in Nine Time Travels, which is owned by the main lead character Park Sun-woo's father.

7) If you watch EP6 carefully, you will notice when KC lets go of the bridge railing to jump into the Kang River, the railings have words in one cut and no words in another cut. If this is not a mistake by the filming and editing team, then it means that KC went back to the manhwa  W world just as he lets go and before he hits the waters.

that's it folks. I'm returning to work. one more sleep to W day. :love:

Whoa man awesome info and attention to detail I'm impressed.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, adeleyam said:

It's W day Worldiz!

Anyway when is this photo taken? 

Saw this on twitter...

Today Is The Day!! :w00t: I just pray that my mother will let me watch the episode without calling for me every second to do more house holding at home!! :bawling: 

I really don't know but he he looked too young (He Is Young) in here!! he reminded me of Su Ha in "I Can Hear Your Voice" !! so cute!! :wub::wub::wub: 

cr: w_twoworld

• Like 9

8 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

it felt like forerever we were waiting for tomorrow's episode!! :blink::blink::blink: 

I don't think it will make sens if his alter ego is the culprit since that means that his body is the one doing the killing and the attacking which isn't possible because we have two bodies: one of the culprit and the other of Kang Cheol who has been attacked and was in a different place when his family got killed and he didn't have a blank out to not remember what he went through at those moments, that asidee from the fact that we saw him beeing attacked and his alter ego can't have a different body than his and attack him!!

I WANT him to have his memories back NOW if that's possible!! but I don't hate the amnesia plot as long as it's used the right way and in this drama it's used in a great way!! it's not only a plot devise for the romance between our OTP but also for the entire plot and both worlds!! Kang Cheol without his memories puts him in a HUGE disadvantage to protect himself and everyonee he cares for and even the two worlds because it gives the psycho culprit more advantage to harm him and everyone around him!!

Seriously how Lee Jong Seok's characters (Su Ha in "I Can Hear Your Voice" and now Kang Cheol) choses THE WORST timing EVER to lose their memories is beyound me!! I was flatted when Su Ha lost his memories (and powers) just when he needed them the most to clear his name and NOW he lost his memories which left him unarmed and without a shield to face that psycho culprit!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh *pullingmyhairoff"

thank you for the translation!! :)

well those are few question of ALL the question's list we have!! but sure thing is that Yeon Joo being summonned into W world is linked to Kang Cheol!! it's crazy how it makes me (and I believe Yeon Joo too) happy to see that Kang Cheol is still thinking of her even if it's just subconciously but it killes usat the same time to see his eyes looking at her and treating her like a complete stranger, as if nothing happened between them!! he's kind and sweet BUT with no special feelings for her!! :heartbreak::bawling: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh he can jump off the hospital building this time for change!! :lol: 

that was soooooo beautiful!! the one who did it is really talented!! :wub: 

@sakura2016 @LyraYoo let's think OUT of the BOX, anyway this writer is gamed for any 'un-boxed" theory right? suggestion: we can give SoHee some happy ending, she loved Chul for 7 yrs, Yes? ohhhh... just write So Bong in to romance So-hee, i think as much as So-Hee loved Chul, so did So Bong having a crush on  SoHee.... see, its quite easy right? Happy ending! or  just write Crazy Dog into the W-Comic, i tell u, Crazy dog will be wagging happy like a dog, to be romancing SoHee for once,
Chul catch the hoodie returned Dad's face to Dad, Yeon Joo so happy reward Chul with a Option 4... (see, i am still into Option 4).
am forever TeamOption4, for Chul-Joo. also Happy ending, nobody need to leave with resignation letter or crying.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/153661/20160823/lee-jong-suk-w-korean-drama-park-shin-hye-doctors.htm

YES!!!!!!

sorry for Park Shin Hye's fans,... next time okay, next time win over other dramas and other actors....etc. i just want this for Chul-joo.

Lee Jong Suk drama ‘W’ tops Park Shin Hye series ‘Doctors’ as most talked about show

The MBC drama "W" that stars Lee Jong Suk has surpassed the Park Shin Hye medical series "Doctors" as the most talked about show in Korea, according to a research company.

Lee's hit MBC series "W" has gained the attention and interest of many fans given its unique and suspenseful storyline. The research firm, Good Data Corporation, has identified the said drama as the show that many netizens have been raving about, Soompi reported. The said company has been tracking the online popularity of various Korean shows on a weekly basis.

Like Us on Facebook

Good Data researchers have shared that "W" topped its list of most talked about shows for the period covering Aug. 15 until Aug. 21. The MBC drama garnered a score of 17.59 percent. It took over the first place previously held by Park's SBS series "Doctors." For the said week, the medical drama posted a score of 10.18 percent and dropped to the second spot on Good Data's list.

Lee, along with his co-star Han Hyo Joo, has been captivating viewers with the exciting storyline and plot twists featured in the MBC series. The Korean actor portrays the role of Kang Chul, a character in a popular webtoon. On the other hand, Han plays the character On Yeon Joo, a doctor and daughter of the cartoonist who created Kang's webtoon world.

Avid fans of the show have witnessed the mysterious events surrounding Kang and On's characters since the series debuted in July. The upcoming episodes also teases of more gripping events given the strange power that the show's antagonist appears to possess. Loyal viewers may recall how the webtoon villain has managed to steal his creator's face in episode 9 that aired on Thursday, Aug. 18.

Meanwhile, the cast and crew of the MBC drama have been receiving a lot of support from fans in the form of food carts. The latest food treat came from Han's fans who sent a healthy buffet of delicious dishes to the show's filming set in the early part of August, allkpop reported. The Korean actress' agency, BH Entertainment, has even shared a snapshot of Han enjoying the food treat.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@sakura2016 @LyraYoo let's think OUT of the BOX, anyone this writer is gamed for anything unboxing theory right? suggestion: we can give SoHee some happy ending, she loved Chul for 7 yrs, Yes? just write Crazy Dog into the W-Comic, i tell him, Crazy dog will be wagging like a dog, to be romancing SoHee for once, ohhhh... or just write So Bong in, i think as long as So-Hee loved Chul, so did So Bong having a crush on  SoHee.... see, its quite easy right? Happy ending!
Chul catch the hoodie returned Dad's face to Dad, Yeon Joo so happy reward Chul with a Option 4... (see, i am still into Option 4).
am forever TeamOption4, for Chul-Joo. also Happy ending, nobody need to leave with resignation letter or crying.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love your happy ending!! :lol: and I'm with you in option 4!! :D Kang Cheol diserves this award and Yeon Joo will be rewarding herself by rewarding him, right?!! :lol::love: 

but you forgot about Do Yoon, what will happen to him when Soo Bong and/or Crazy Dog will be romancing Soo Hee?!! where is his happy ending?!! :( 

Soo Bong meeting Soo Hee will be his only way for haling from the trauma he had because of the psycho culprit!! :lol: 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@sakura2016 oh my bad. How can I forget Do yoon. ? Haha. I have been cheering for.a Do-Hee couple . Okay. I got Plan B, Do Yoon confessed and win SH. So bong start drawing his own comic n  met a hot fan that look exactly like S.H.

Crazy dog just let him get note crazier . I dun care for him. 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we will have DOUBLE Soo Hee?!! than can turn out reeeally bad specially for Soo Bong who had th worst luck of encounters with the webtoon characters (other than Yeon Joo who became one lately)!! :lol: 

he will don't worry!! :lol: he will blam himslf for asking Yeeon Joo for spoilers since everything started going against his wish since then!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, redlion said:

@sakura2016 @maryofbethany hhhhhh unnie, you can pair Soo bong with his new boss "i want big eyes" :P

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I forgot about her!! yes that would be a grate idea!! :lol: at least he will stay away from humans like webtoon characters!! or will h run away from her too out of fear that her webtoon characters with big eyes will come after him too?!! :lol: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it feels like he'll forever be hunted!! poor guy!! :lol: 

• Like 5