[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

MBC Releases Stills Of The Killer’s New Face In “W”

MBC Releases Stills Of The Killer’s New Face In “W”

MBC’s “W,” after intense story developments in episode 9, has released new stills of the killer in “W,” whose identity was recently revealed.

Episode 9 spoilers

In the latest episode, Oh Sung Moo (Kim Ui Sung), according to Kang Chul’s (Lee Jong Suk‘s) wishes, gives the killer who has been haunting Kang Chul his entire life an identity, in the hopes of ending the webtoon once and for all. The killer’s name is Hang Sang Hoon (Kim Ui Sung), and he looks like this:

kim ui sung w

read more here

• Like 10

Yeon Joo looks so exhausted in those stills posted by @e2girl2703! The written preview for ep 10 states she stays at the hospital as she waits to get kicked back to her world. I wonder how many days pass? Is this before her interactions with Kang Chul or after?  She looks hunted, so I'm guessing by this point she's avoiding all the doctors, nurses, etc., ouch. Lack of sleep, what is she eating? Ah, her dad's and KC's plan has really left her with no options and no friends in W! So I wonder what will cause KC to take enough active pity in her to feed her lunch (one of the earlier stills) and/or bring her to So Hee's place (why is her lip bruised/bust?!).  What happens to throw them together that he is trying to go incognito with her at an outdoor market?

So many questions, writer-nim! 

• Like 12

8 hours ago, 18_eps_for_W said:

No matter how many times I count, its more than 16 scripts... Can't stop hoping... could it be...18 eps? please?

@18_eps_for_W haha. I have the same sentiments much earlier on for W, not just because i want to continue drooling over a certain Lee Jongsuk and his side profile and his french kisses.... But more for the acknowledgement that W-plot has the potiential of going further, and can even goes for a W-season 2.....
if shows like Princess Hours can spin PH2. or DreamHigh and goes DH2, or Iris went on to Iris 2, High-kicks series.... i just wondered all the very nice recent dramas like 'My Love from the Star', 'Healer,' 'Descendantsof the Son', & our 'W-two worlds'; why cannot have their second seasons, or extended version, given that many things are yet to be developed. i did ask for a extension to 18 eps earlier on, i think the response at this thread wasn't that earnestly desired that, in fact it is been voiced against. so anyway it is really too late to request that, Writernim should be finished writing her ep 16, and preparation works would be in process.
just like Comics world, always there are Season 2, and extension, the sky unlimited for imagination to soar for W- themes, it a very rarely new plot that i don't think Kdrama or the chinese drama ever tried, definitely not Webtoon-Real world collided themes.
potential is high. just that MBC has the dream or courage or skill to develop it?

• Like 6

‘W’ Two Worlds Korean Drama Star Han Hyo Joo Featured In Grazia Korea September 2016

http://www.thebitbag.com/w-two-worlds-korean-drama-star-han-hyo-joo-featured-grazia-korea-september-2016/174377

(quoting from text)
"W Two Worlds Korean drama star Han Hyo Joo is on the cover of Grazia Korea’s September 2016 issue. The magazine was released this weekend, which showed the actress in a pictorial by photographer Kim Young Joon.

The 29-year-old donned a modern-day woman look for the feature. One layout showed her wearing a matching pastel pink suit jacket and straight-cut slacks. Another had her in a white top and pants with dark lipstick accentuating her face.

The Grazia Korea September 2016 issue was released amid Hyo Joo’s success in W Korean drama. The MBC series has been ranked as this season’s most watched k-drama based on a ratings report from Nielsen Korea.

Hyo Joo plays lead character Oh Yeon Joo, a problematic female surgeon in her mid-30s. She teleports between reality and a webtoon dimension called “W,” which was created by her cartoonist father. This is where she falls in love with an Olympic gold medalist and media mogul named Kang Chul [Lee Jong-Suk].

W’s unique story was penned by screenwriter Song Jae Jung and brought to life by director Jung Dae Yoon. Even though the unusual plot seemed risky for MBC, drama department head Park Sung Soo explained why they proceeded with the series.

“We’ve always kept an eye on Song Jae Jung’s projects,” Sung Soo said. “When we saw the first script for ‘W,’ we thought, ‘This is it.’”

“It has themes that the current generation will enjoy and the fact that the script is finished will please audiences,” he added.

Show reps also said that the uncommon cartoon setting of the W Two Worlds somewhat made things awkward for its lead cast. Because of this, the show’s producing director had to focus on bringing out the characters’ emotions.

In an interview, lead actor Lee Jong Suk himself has admitted that the fantasy drama is one of his most challenging projects to date. However, the 26-year-old said that it helps to have someone as professional as Hyo Joo as his leading lady.  

• Like 10

http://chinachristiandaily.com/2016-08-23/society/lee-jong-suk--han-hyo-joo-s--w--drama-takes-top-spot-as-current-most-talked-about-drama_2234.html

Lee Jong Suk, Han Hyo Joo's 'W' Drama Takes Top Spot As Current Most Talked About Drama

By Michelle Guanzon

MBC's latest hit drama "W" starring Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo is the most talked about drama recently!

Good Data Corporation's research team said it was the most talked about drama online during August 15-21.

The said fantasy-romance drama scored 17.59 percent while SBS's "Dcotors" starring Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won got the second place with 10.18 percent.

JTBC's "Age of Youth" comes in third place with 5.42 percent.

2785.png

Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo: (credit: Lee Jong Suk Instagram (jongsuk0206))

(cr.china christian daily site)

• Like 12

cr: withmbc

is she hiding from the stuff of the hospital?!! can't she just get out from the entire hospital?!! or is she looking for Kang Cheol too and wants to see how he's doing after his father's figure got wounded?!! poor girl!! at least we know Kang Cheol will get her out of there somehow for some reason!!

• Like 13

4 hours ago, 18_eps_for_W said:

No matter how many times I count, its more than 16 scripts... Can't stop hoping... could it be...18 eps? please?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't think so chingu!! if there is extention for the episodes they would have announced that!! :)

57 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

Daum Poll  has ended & leejongsuk won wz 54%(62920 votes,more than 15k difference than the 2nd) 
Which Drama Char makes u flutter?

Source: http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/pick/poll/detail.html?pid=8a90c4384dc3a79c01569b494829094a

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!! how can anyone's heart not flutter because of Kang Cheol/Lee Jong Seok?!! :love: 

• Like 7

Tomorrow we will be have new episode:wub:

Just be question in my mind why I hope the real killer is KC alter ego.May be writer know we make all this assumption and dont want to follow majority of audience.:phew:

In my mind I want Kc get more memory faster.Before this I hate that insomnia scene but look back its just relevance method that time.Why we must feel sympathy to KC .He just a character in webtoon.But  The writer,director and most important Lee Jong Suk make KC as alive just us. :w00t:

I hope before new episode we will achieve 600 pages before airring the episode:heart:

• Like 8

Guest dominjoonssi

hoping they will show 3 episodes this week to make up for the pre-empt during the Olympics.

the pacing is really off if they end the week with the odd number episode.

sharing some new interesting titbits:

1) remember the supposed open-ended ending for the W manhwa loveline when KC and SH meets right in the middle of the street? it is actually a throwback reference to the famous ending of MBC's iconic hit Hallyu drama All About Eve.(2000).

2) Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son. I don't think I need to explain the myth, but we know that Rhea substituted a stone for baby Zeus and eventually Zeus grows up to overthrow Saturn and free his other siblings. Hmmm, someone speculated if Zeus was to be KC, maybe YJ would be the stone, since she got pulled into the manhwa. In this case, Zeus succeeds, so we have hope for our OTP and the other manhwa characters.

3) When I first posted here, I mentioned the novel Sophie's World, which has a premise very similar to W. 2 characters in novel-world created by a father for his daughter, learning about philosophy and existentialism, become self-aware and attempt to escape from their world. Writer-father apparently makes a mess of the characters' lives in the imaginative world, and both the characters and the writer's daughter don't agree with his intentions. The characters eventually plot to escape from the writer's mind into RL and they succeeded. I haven't read this novel so I can't give the details though..

4) I really need to re-watch the earlier episodes because writer-nim has been dropping clues everywhere. Earlier on, there were mentions of teleportation and kidnapping and other random stuff, which I think will become significant as the plot moves on. BTW, someone pointed out that on the real criminal's wall in EP9, where he pasted photos of the KC and his family, there are also newspaper cuttings, in particular one referring to KC's mystery wife. Another bug or just implying that KC's original projected destiny includes marriage?

5) Has anyone noticed that YJ bought W manhwa Vol. 34 into the W universe when she went back to the hospital during the shooting? Speculations galore that it may end up with KC (fancam pic of LJS holding a copy of the W manhwa during filming) and trigger his memories since Vol. 34 is all bout him and YJ.... but then this may be a bug cos why would KC go into the sleeping quarters of resident doctors?

6) The name of the hospital YJ works for in RL universe has the same name of the hospital in Nine Time Travels, which is owned by the main lead character Park Sun-woo's father.

7) If you watch EP6 carefully, you will notice when KC lets go of the bridge railing to jump into the Kang River, the railings have words in one cut and no words in another cut. If this is not a mistake by the filming and editing team, then it means that KC went back to the manhwa  W world just as he lets go and before he hits the waters.

that's it folks. I'm returning to work. one more sleep to W day. :love: