[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

“W” Cast And Crew React To Ratings Results

“W” Cast And Crew React To Ratings Results

MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “W” recently enjoyed a turn in the tide as it became the new first place drama in terms of ratings during that time slot.

The cast and crew are quite happy and thankful about this successful turn of events. A source from the drama commented, “It’s all thanks to the viewers who watched. The script is really good and the actor’s actualization of the characters is good, too. More than anything, the director’s detail is amazing. He is good at pointing out emotions and expressions.”

The source continued, “When I first saw the script I thought it could achieve around 15 percent ratings. The Seoul metropolitan ratings have reached 15 percent but I think it could go higher. We would be thankful for ratings over 20 percent, but we cannot conclude whether or not that is possible yet. We hope that many will watch with affection.”

Furthermore, the news of the ratings success has affected the filming atmosphere quite positively. The source revealed, “We were worried because it was broadcasted late but the filming atmosphere was really good. The harmony between actors was great since the making film was released. While our schedule is not rushed, there are a lot of impactful scenes so everyone gets tired while filming in the hot weather. However, after the ratings increase there was chaos.”

“W” started out with 8.6 percent ratings (nationwide) with its first episode and has increased its ratings steadily. The drama maintained its first place spot with its July 28 episode as well and received 12.9 percent ratings. KBS2’s “Uncontrollably Fond” came in second with 8.9 percent ratings while SBS’s “Wanted” was third place with 6.5 percent ratings respectively.

“W” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC.

W-soompi-banner

Source (1) (2)

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/29/w-cast-crew-react-ratings-results/ 

• Like 14

11 hours ago, jeijei said:

Another question: If Kang Chul  allegedly controls his thoughts and actions when he's in danger of getting killed,  who controls the sidekicks' when they're interacting outside the realm of Writer Oh's storyline?

Sorry to cut your post Jeijei. But you bring up a good point. I think that, because KC is the main character and because the world revolves around him, anything that happens is dependent on him and merely reacts so that the narrative of the manhwa makes logical sense. If KC changes the the artist's intended events, then everything else changes (like a ripple effect). The same goes for YJ's actions, as the new main character.

• Like 8

Watched episode 4! I was sitting on the edge of my seat for majority of it. My thoughts so far, before I start (attempting) to back read. 

Wish there were more scenes with our OTP this episode. For the most of it they were apart, and I wasn't particularly satisfied with the one with them in jail. I still want to slap KC since he seems so unaffected. My heart hurts for YJ.

It would be nice to get some fluffy scenes so I can calm my beating heart after the more action packed ones. And tie me over for the coming week. 

On 29/07/2016 at 0:33 AM, juju84 said:

Lol, you also want to *slap* that cheeky smirk of his a bit,ne? KC definitely was pushin the issue a bit too forcefully even though he knew the gun won't harm YJ but still... I do believe/hope it would bite him later. At the moment KC think YJ might be *protecting* someone outside of W world while in reality she was ptotecting him to the every end even at gun point. When this realization dawns on him, I really want to see his reaction.

But then I imagine we'll both regret the slap next week :sweatingbullets: Going by the preview, KC seems to be put into the wringer in the next episode and you know we'll both be saying "lemme at the one who hurt our puppy" XD. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I hope so though for some reason I'm afraid that he can be harmed in both worlds!! what if Kang Cheol gained the sens of reality in this world so he can harm and be harmed in the real world too?!! is this just me being paranoid?!! 

up till now we saw how Yeon Joo (from the real world) was unharmed by Kang Cheol (the fictional character) but we didn't see if she can harm anyone there or not!! what if fictional characters can't harm the people from the real world but they can be harmed by them inside the manhwa with the concept that fiction can't harm reality but reality can harm fiction?!! that would sucks, don't do it!!

I have a theory for this. I think that KC cannot be harmed in the real world. Reason - I think he's been to the real world before. 

And actually, he's already been to the real world once, in episode 1 when his hand reached through the portal to grab YJ. Perhaps he's made other trips to YJ's world as well, but is unaware of the fact. 

My theory is, the first time he's gone over to the real world is at the Han River bridge in 2009. In Ep9 he had a dream about himself in the river (in this case, perhaps he really did carry out the suicide as per SM's intention). However, at that time, YJ's desire for KC to live made a portal before he jumped into the river in his world, and so instead of falling into the river in his own world, he fell into the one in YJ's world, and hence did not die (because he cannot). Perhaps he met YJ during this time (but cannot recall for whatever reason), and had a change of heart. This caused him to be transferred back to his own world (where the time has stopped, because it cannot continue without the main character), where he's now hanging on the bridge and determined to continue his life. 

I hope I explained myself properly XD. It feels a bit convoluted when I put it down in writing. And I also hope no one else has had this idea yet. I've got more than 40 pages to back read but this idea has been nagging me for awhile so I need record it somewhere. 

• Like 12

On 29/07/2016 at 7:14 PM, LyraYoo said:

Im connecting how the 10's are working in this story

There's one keyword this series is discussing from the very beginning. 

Emotions 

The cause and effect on Kang Chul is Yeon Joo's emotions.

Premise= Yeon Joo is a Kang Chul fan. Yeon Joo already have her emotions invested in Kang Chul's life through out the webtoon series while he doesnt have no idea who Yeon Joo is.

tumblr_ob2mjjxcU31tkfqloo4_400.gif

Up to episode four we have already know that:

1. Yeon Joo cried when Kang Chul is about to jump into the bridge. Kang Chul did not die. He was holding on the bridge (10 years ago). In episode 3 , KC remembered how he was under the water but somehow he was alive.

2. When Kang Chul was stabbed, Yeon Joo have this conflicting emotions because like the staff she doesn't want Kang Chul's death to be the ending of his story. And so she was summoned from the RL to save his life. (prior to that she missed 10 calls from his superior because he was asking for the spoilers)

3. Yeon Joo was frantic when she learned about the poison (Potassium, with the numerical value of 19 = 1+9=10)  to kill Kang Chul thus she was there once again to save his life. (as mentioned , she was summoned 10 pm) 

4. The kiss scene was a manifestation of direct emotions by YJ  to KC . He was preoccupied by her disappearance , thus he was then aware that there is something wrong (reference episode 4 ) . YJ appeared after the truck scene, (at 10 am) prior to the second attempt of the nameless man to kill him.

tumblr_ob2ld91Ac31r5k6g9o2_540.gif

5. Yeon Joo cried once more when the webtoon went blank believing Kang Chul is gone. Kang Chul crossed over

Yeon Joo is giving Kang Chul's life figuratively and literally by these emotions she was channeling ever since.

Yeon Joo 's conversation between Kang Chul's involved the word "I Love You" but it doesn't give any effect to him. Why. Because there is no emotions involved yet.

Reveal hidden contents

P/tumblr_ob21e3vrK51se4lluo6_400.gif

tumblr_ob1u2u1cWu1vae1n4o2_540.png

tumblr_ob1u2u1cWu1vae1n4o5_540.png

P.S.

amyhsk:

According to informants from W side, “Ep 3 is good but ep 7-8 script is the best. You can look forward to it.” Another informant said, “From ep 8, even more interesting story will come out.”

Being a 16-ep work, ep 11 of W script has been released. Ep 4 was aired, and the furthest part that has been filmed is in ep 11. Filming is done alternately with different episodes, so it is diffcult to say how many episodes are finished, but it is half pre-produced and there is no need to rush in time to finish the filming. 

(Source)

T/N: I didn’t translate word for word just the important information. Another thing is I just find it funny to see the writer of this article said the progress of story is that of LTE. (LOL) 

So true, I strongly believe in your hypothesis about YJ's emotion play a major part in the reason why she was moved to his world. Only the part she fainted at the bus stop, I don't see her emotion involved. Do u know why?

• Like 6

005xHDOYjw1f6c2ktzeekj30qo0f040h.jpg

올림픽 조직위원회는 송재정 작가 도핑테스트 해야하는거 아닙니까? 뭘 드시길래 이런 대본을... 진짜 소름끼친다.

Spoiler

d90a57b2gw1f6c1upbtkbj20is0elq54.jpg

Kim Eui-Sung Facebook Update

Script for ep 12 is out. :)

• Like 15

14 hours ago, chiharuhime said:

While watching episode 4 on Viki, with the comments on (I usually don't turn it on), I noticed commentors hating on So Hui so much. some even called her a b****. I don't know... For some reason, I can't hate on So Hui for what she did. Yeah, she put YeonJoo in such a predicament that eventually affected Kang Chul. They're hating on SH since she's is this drama's "second lead". Analyzing it deeper, there was no malice in her intentions, other than breaking Kang Chul's trust. Though maybe, that is a big sin against a friend. Still, SH is doing what we would normally do - doubt a suspicious person, report to the authorities, and put your trust in the system hoping things would work out. (Unfortunately for her and KC, it didn't!)

15 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

And I loved Kang Cheol reaction toward Soo Hee missdeed against Yeon Joo, yes she did it believing it's for Kang Cheol's best interest but that doesn't change the fact that she puted Yeon Joo in a really bad situation when he promised her to protect her!!

Sorry to cut your post short! I completely agree, and if I were in SH's shoes and I wished to protect a friend, I feel like I would do something similar, even at the risk of my friendship with that person. Because honestly how many people from an alternative world enters ours per day? The context that KC mentions to SH isn't something that any normal person would think of. And frankly KC keeps his cards so close to his chest that he does seem a bit unstable at times. 

But like Sakura (sorry to cut your post short too!), I  loved KC's reaction to SH, because I've super-glued myself onto our OTP ship and will celebrate any sign of our OTP flourishing. I might have done a slight fist pump, not so much because KC scolded SH, but more so because KC is showing his protectiveness towards YJ. That and I loved the fact that he acknowledged YJ's efforts to protect him when he mentioned her throwing the phone away. 'Bout time YJ's got some acknowledgement.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, uknowahah said:

@Adnana You need to understand from SH's stand. I'm not sure if there's any ulterior motive behind her action (I don't get the feel that she likes KC, just respect)...

...KC's vague and almost random explanation about YJ being the key to his life only further increase her doubt in KC's judgement...

I really liked that she was ready to protect YJ from KC in episode 3 despite treating her with suspicion. 

@uknowahah

I do understand SH's point of view. She's been by KC's side for many years, whereas YJ is the new girl on the block and as such may be considered an interloper in KC and SH's relationship (which is why most of the webtoon readers seem to prefer SH still, as KC's romantic prospect.)

I base my belief that SH was at least a little bit jealous of YJ (not even necessarily in a romantic way) off the fact that, out of KC's two close friends (the secretary and the bodyguard), it was SH who had the more hostile reaction to KC calling YJ the key to his life. And KC thought that SH would be angry when she saw the video of the kiss with YJ. Why should SH care who KC kisses if there's no romantic attachment?

And if SH was jealous, then it had to have influenced her desire to get YJ away from KC (by handing her over to the police); there's no way she could be 100% objective about YJ.

But all right, even if SH wasn't jealous and even if she was 100% motivated only by her desire to protect KC-- she still abused her position and went against her boss' express orders. It's fine for her to doubt KC's judgement, but she has no right to take away KC's agency by overriding his decisions. As a secretary who sabotaged her boss' plan, she was way out of line and deserved to be fired. Even as a friend, her actions are questionable. This belief of hers that she knows better, like she's the only one in possession of the absolute truth, pisses me off. You may argue with your friends, advise them to do things differently, but you shouldn't try to force them to do what *you* want. That's really overstepping the bounds of even friendship.

I do think that SH is a classy lady; I liked that she tried to protect YJ during the gun episode. But aside from that, she proved to be an untrustworthy employee and a self-righteous friend--neither of which traits makes me like her, exactly.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, diana_123 said:

This is my personal preference as for me W is the most stylish Kdrama I have ever seen.. I'm a Korean drama lover and have watching  all the blockbuster  drama and yes honestly speaking W will be one of the most memorable Korean drama (as what LJS say) of all time and may become phenomenal worldwide (same level of MLFTS and DOTS)  probably could be sooner or later (we only watch 4 episode but the feeling of  climax up to the level we already Watch until 8 episode hahaha) I just seat back and watching 2 epi back to back yesterday epi 3 and 4 together with my 2 sister. I ask them to take a look last week as I say this drama was different than other drama we watch . both of them were drama critics if they think the drama is not their forte they will totally ignore and forget it and guess what now they become a big fan of W hahaha they even more fanatic than I am and keep asking me what will be happen . And even give their own theory what will happen next and they cannot predict as they say this drama totally insanely unpredictable. They praise of a good acting for both leads which is portray their character very very well and to all the genius behind this drama. 

My fav scene in epi 3 ( I even cannot pick any because all scene so good and memorable) when kang chul ask yeon joo and count to 10 the way he hold the gun and ready to pull the trigger then suddenly shoot the vast and asking Sohee and do yun leave the room in high tone it was intense scene and he looks very charismatics when he doing that (I don't know why haha) and also the scene when OYJ say I love you to kang chul that's hilarious and very cute she doing that and also of course the ending with KC wink to YJ after knowing she's still single and not married :wub::wub:.

in epi 4 off coz the fiancé scene both of them portray it in a cute way and seem real. Then the jail scene when YJ vanish and KC know he is from manhwa world I can feel his pain when he called 'hyung' and he knows all in his world is fake and he alone and no one beside him ( I feel like crying at this scene) then the scene when he about to enter the real world that scene was DAEBAKK especially when they show manhwa side before he enter the real world. Now I'm waiting next week like crazy (I wish tomorrow is Wednesday n sorry for a long post hahaha).

don't be sorry, loved your post!! :D I'm glad your sisters became fans for the drama too!! :D 

yes!! W is one of its kind of a drama, its concept and they way it flows from the manhwa world to the real world and vice versa and the actors great performances are making it a memoriable drama in K-dramaland!! :wub:

yes, I felt that too!! his anger/dangerous aura was so charming!! :wub: I replayed that scene many times!! :D 

it' impossible for me to chose a best scene!! I loved many many many scenes, Kang Cheol's fight scene, the bathroom scene, their sincere conversations, the scene where Yeon Joo kept answering Kang Cheol's uetions while she's half asleep (that made me cry), Kang Cheol protectiveness toward Yeon Joo, stoping the sailer from calling the hostpital and picking Yeon Joo in his arms and holding her closer to his chest to cover her face from the police!! and in episode 4 I loved their phone call (I was swoooning) and how Kang Cheol started to be affected by Yeon Joo, the scene with Soo Hee (that was powerful), his visit to Yeon Joo at the prison (their smile to each other) the big revilaton and Kang Cheol's every step into accepting it as a fact and the webtoon's world freasing (I'll cry again if I start talking more about those scenes) till his entering to the real world!!  and this way we have the entire episodes not the best scene from them!! :lol:

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Adnana said:

@uknowahah

I do understand SH's point of view. She's been by KC's side for many years, whereas YJ is the new girl on the block and as such may be considered an interloper in KC and SH's relationship (which is why most of the webtoon readers seem to prefer SH still, as KC's romantic prospect.)

I base my belief that SH was at least a little bit jealous of YJ (not even necessarily in a romantic way) off the fact that, out of KC's two close friends (the secretary and the bodyguard), it was SH who had the more hostile reaction to KC calling YJ the key to his life. And KC thought that SH would be angry when she saw the video of the kiss with YJ. Why should SH care who KC kisses if there's no romantic attachment?

And if SH was jealous, then it had to have influenced her desire to get YJ away from KC (by handing her over to the police); there's no way she could be 100% objective about YJ.

But all right, even if SH wasn't jealous and even if she was 100% motivated only by her desire to protect KC-- she still abused her position and went against her boss' express orders. It's fine for her to doubt KC's judgement, but she has no right to take away KC's agency by overriding his decisions. As a secretary who sabotaged her boss' plan, she was way out of line and deserved to be fired. Even as a friend, her actions are questionable. This belief of hers that she absolutely knows better, like she's the only one in possession of the absolute truth, pisses me off. You may argue with your friends, advise them to do things differently, but you shouldn't try to force them to do what *you* want. That's really overstepping the bounds of even friendship.

I do think that SH is a classy lady; I liked that she tried to protect YJ during the gun episode. But aside from that, she proved to be an untrustworthy employee and a self-righteous friend--neither of which traits makes me like her, exactly.

good job onion head

Right! Well said! Even we put the Point of her beeing jealous away  - she had the order to Protect her - to keep YJ in the Hotelroom - let her feel comfortable and take care for her. So Hee tried a few times to call the Police and Kang Chul made himself very clear. YJ was not allowed to get in touch with the Police.

I was surprised that SH protected YJ in the Moment KC shot her - or at least tried - But who was it she protected. Yes - she think she did everything for KC. Even in the last Scene when Do Yoon calls her there was no regret in her - she just got angry because of YJ she lost her Job. She still blames the Intruder.

Sure - seeing it from the Point that she is a WebToon Character too and she was created to be on KCs Side...  Must be hard for her to notice that she start to loose Poolposition.

Even Mr. Son told KC that it is time to marry So Hee. So for me - she was only waiting - never guessed that it will not be her in the End. She must have seen a lot Woman on KCs Side - but that was nothing serious. I even doupt that KC brought them to his Penthouse. He is someone who needs his Save Places - and SH looked so surprised when KC said he will bring YJ to the Hotelroom.

For me - So Hee is jealous - to a Point of no good. She made a Trap - worked together with the Policeman. Sure - she is eager to know who this Woman is and why she is near to KC. But she is eager to know too why he keeps protecting her. And soon KC was gone - So Hee took her only Chance to make Trouble. Worst kind of trouble.

But we could clearly see that she never expected KC to act so extreme. Seems he forgave her a lot in the Past. But not this Time - and she was so stupid to trigger KCs Nightmare with his Actions. She is one of the Person who should know the best what KC had gone through and why he bought the Broudcast Station - and became a Hero with it. Thanx to her - his Action to keep her in his world made YJ now a victim.

Right now - I have no sympathie left for her (of course that is all about the Character not the Acress :) )

• Like 15