[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

11 minutes ago, Harukogirl said:

He shoots her in the shoulder, and the bullet goes clean through and lands in the mirror behind her, shattering the glass. He shot her!

She’s so stunned that she can’t speak, but she doesn’t fall down either. Trembling, Yeon-joo reaches to touch her shoulder, and is even more shocked to see her hand clean—there’s no blood. Chul watches her with keen interest, and notes that she didn’t know her own powers. Her powers? And you did?

(FROM DRAMABEAN'S RECAP)

Looks like Dramabeans agrees with me - girlfriday's review says he "shot her shoulder" (not her heart as a lot of viewers said) - though she wasn't happy with him either, lol. 

KC better practice groveling ;). We were all shocked that he shot her - but as long as they explain it well, isn't that a good thing? I don't want a drama I can predict every step. And him being slightly ruthless will be awesome once he's in love with her, IMO. I still think he was positive he wouldn't kill her, either way. Shooting her is still drastic, but remember, the cops think she was part of a plot to murder him...and she knew about the nurse and didn't have an explanation...he needed answers, and was very suspicious. 

But I'm glad his character is not a carbon copy of the gentlemanly KBG from QIHM. One of the awesome things about this writer is they know how to write different but equally awesome characters.

Eithey way, he still shot her, and she didn't know that it wouldn't harm her, which are reasons why I found the scene so upsetting. As of now, we don't know why he thought she would be invincible, and I really hope that they will explain it well and that it's not just going to be brushed aside. 

Cause shooting someone who's repeatedly saved your life is not the way to go about interrogating someone for answers lol.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Question - what is going on here?

Soo Bong delete the to be continue Sign - can it be that they wanted to send her back - because it is not a good idea to dissapear out of a Prison... Or did they just tried to change the Story  so he will not know - but it was too late? Somehow I felt like YJ tried hard to rescue KC..

SB's thought that if he wrote "the end" instead of "to be continued" it will be an end for everything. YJ, however, doesn't feel good to end the world that KC is in. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

I think KC is aware that something is odd in his life...when he replaying the scene of a truck almost hitting him, he remember the truck plate was none, and there seem no driver also on it....when he replayed his dream drowning at Han river...and when he asked YJ that he would prefer some answer like superhero or another weird things from her...and the way he said how can you not knowing your own ability when he shot YJ....he looks like he is aware about something odd in his life...

why someone keep want him dead and mysteriously dissapear like YJ....now he has the answer it's heartbreaking to see that he figure out that he is not real...he is just a manhwa character...

I can't get enough of this...in manhwa world time flies super fast should I go there and watch next week episode already???? 

he also said to his father figure that he can't remember who called and why he went by himself to the rooftop the day he was almost to get killed!! he realised that many things that hapened with no explination/reason!!

take me with you!! *puppy eyes*

4 hours ago, alleram95 said:

Yeonjoo’s friend: Someone claimed to be your fiance come looking for you...

Yeonjoo: What is this? Did I enter your world again?

Kang Chul: It’s I who came to yours

Kang Chul: Finally I come here, the world where Oh Yeonjoo’s live

Kang Chul: I want to say my farewell..

Someone (probably Yeonjoo’s father): … (?) You are only a character inside manhwa.. You are nothing.. You are a character that I made!

Kang Chul: I have to find the truth (?)

Someone: That is fiction… it’s just my fear (?)

Kang Chul: ….

Kang Chul: from someone who is searching for the killer only to find that the killer is the main character itself… there’s no other ending that fit beside this (?)

I don't know if my translation can help. Their conversation is too fast for my ears and this what I got.. The first part, it's quite accurate but for the rest, I'm not sure.. :sweatingbullets:

Thank you for the live recaps, clips and others.. 

thank you so much for the translation!! we appreciate your effort!! :D 

the last part is the most confusing one!! :blink: this drama is killing me!! I want wednesday to come NOW!!! 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

I think we'll know when the manhwa world becomes more real when life keeps going with or without KC. Until then, everything is false except him. In the village of the blind, the one-eyed man may be a king but he is also isolated by his difference. KC is self-aware and has been for quite some time, although I think it was a subconscious understanding that has been slowly leeching into his consciousness.

It's hard to argue with KC's beef with YJ's dad. Not only is his life and world another person's creation, it's also entertainment fodder. His griefs and joys splayed out for a nation of spectators. YJ's dad did those things but he is innocent of malice. He had no idea, nor could he know, that KC was capable of sentience. But that's where his innocence ends because once he did know, he willfully did his level best to murder KC again and again. Although he was driven by an understandable madness, it does not excuse him from facing the consequences of those actions, at least.  I am curious what will happen between these two men, if put in a room together.

well said!! :thumbsup:

the father was ignorant to Kang Cheol's real existance at 1st but he have no excuse for what he did after knowing the truth!! I'm waiting to see that too but it will be heartbreaking for sure!! :tears: 

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

The Dress she wears is still the same dress - only the Phone is not working because of the company --- but I guess the Gun is still the same Gun - smart Move to take it with him - he needs it to feel secure.

you're right!! the gun is real in both worlds!! plus we know that he can't sleep without it!! I'm gonna cry again!! :tears: 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Ok, I think i'm gonna go grey before this drama ends.

1) The W world is froze! (ahaha, now  YJ is the girl who breaks the system, literally)

2) Kang Chul's world is crashing down around him! All the things he knew turned into a lie in a blink of an eye! (YJ did warned you that you'll regret it)
Oh gosh, I'm afraid to think of what he would do. He is in pain, he is afraid and he is so very pissed that he is out for Blood now!

3) Also I'm officially disapointed with Soo Hee. (Do something asap to redeem her in my eyes 'cause right now her behaviour doesn't leave much love for her character). She is not cool at all, Just your ordinary jealous, petty and cry-baby. Seriously her moping puts me off so much. She was behaving like a little princess who got scolded for the first time and throwing a temper-tantrum/pity -party about it. Ofc, how could she SH be talked to like that because of some kind of strange girl? (I really like how KC put YJ in her place).
What did you expect, girl? You abused KC's trust! Practically stabbed him in the back, one thing you should NOT do. 
SH can justify it being for his own good all she wants but I ain't buy it. For me, her petty jelousy got the best of her and it was the main reason behind her actions.
Another thing that starts to get on my nerves is the fact that SH behaves like the Lady of the House in CK penthouse appartment.:angry:

4) Now thanks to SH, Prosecutor Han Chul Ho finally was able to find KC's weakness.:scream: And YJ is in so much trouble.:cry: Like she doesn't have enough things on her plate at the moment.

5) And I fell in love with our little YJ all over again. This girl is beyond amazing! First she kept silent at the gun point and now she even threw away KC's phone so he would not be incriminated along with her and she endured it all for him dening him any answers till the very end! And now she hurts so bad for him. His pain is her pain.

Damn it, I wish Kang Chul could see it all! I hope he won't be blinded by his revenge to the point of doing something drastic and hurting YJ in the process. This girl is paying for her father's sins already even to the point of going through the same things KC did. I hope he would see that and realize it. I'm really afraid for the both of them. 
What if after knowing who her father is, KC goes back to W by jumping into The Han river (his smirk on that bridge was that of a madman *gave me goosebumps*), waits before YJ comes back (he knows she will as soon as he is in danger) and than keeps her hostage for real?
He looked so betrayed and blood thirsty in the preview 

This episode had so many nice touches like: W freezing the moment KC accepted YJ's words as the truth, the shining screen as the window to another dimension, and finally the idea that KC can travel through any drawing tablet available at the moment. That part was so awesome! Thumbs up to the writer!:thumbsup:

P.s. On the side note, I think you guys might be correct, about KC not being in love with YJ yet. That's why her *I love you*s can't be the cliffhangers. 'Cause these confessions are not affecting him. But as soon as he falls for her the moment she says *I love you* again she would be send back. Hmm, that would be an epic cliffhanger with KC left alone in W after her feelings finally reach his heart (especially if he mistreats her before this happens)

I don´t think so chingu - it was Sung Moos Tablet - he left it behind broken in the Hotelroom - and they trow it out - not knowing that is it the Entry to KCs World. My Guess since long ...

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

he also said to his father figure that he can't remember who called and why he went by himself to the rooftop the day he was almost to get killed!! he realised that many things that hapened with no explination/reason!!

take me with you!! *puppy eyes*

thank you so much for the translation!! we appreciate your effort!! :D 

the last part is the most confusing one!! :blink: this drama is killing me!! I want wednesday to come NOW!!! 

hello.....hello................great drama.............looking forward to ep. 5.............

• Like 7

I still can't believe Kang Chul actually shot Yeon Joo!:blink::crazy: What if his presumption was off but of course we know it won't since they're our OTP.... STILL what if!?:huh:<_< He scared me but then he redeemed himself toward end of ep.03 by a wink & a smile (yup I'm a sucker for Lee Jongsuk or Kang Chul or both:w00t::lol:) Soobong is so funny 'cause his reactions echo us, the viewers in a way LoL. He too wants a piece of the action, he wants to know Yeon Joo's know-how into gettin' in the webtoon-verse:lol:

I'm a lil disappointed at Kang Chul's reaction upon seeing Yeon Joo nude LoL:P He just seemed... unfazed(?) Oh well he probably gets around so not surprised perhaps heh:phew: Why does he think Yeon Joo is unpretty while everyone thinks otherwise?! 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Shajoona said:

YJ : I love you

Kang chul : You know that this word doesn't affect on me..

YJ : I know, I just said that just in case you would be move by it..but it seems not !

Kang Chul later to himself : I think if i hear it one more time.. I would be move (shaken) by it.

Me : *Dying with feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels*

nice and cute conversations......................

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I still can't believe Kang Chul actually shot Yeon Joo!:blink::crazy: What if his presumption was off but of course we know it won't since they're our OTP.... STILL what if!?:huh:<_< He scared me but then he redeemed himself toward end of ep.03 by a wink & a smile (yup I'm a sucker for Lee Jongsuk or Kang Chul or both:w00t::lol:) Soobong is so funny 'cause his reactions echo us, the viewers in a way LoL. He too wants a piece of the action, he wants to know Yeon Joo's know-how into gettin' in the webtoon-verse:lol:

I'm a lil disappointed at Kang Chul's reaction upon seeing Yeon Joo nude LoL:P He just seemed... unfazed(?) Oh well he probably gets around so not surprised perhaps heh:phew: Why does he think Yeon Joo is unpretty while everyone thinks otherwise?! 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/w-two-worlds-episode-3/#comment-2341982 Read Comment #7 and that whole thread. It discusses this whole topic. 

• Like 8

Thank you @nonski for inviting me to this thread.

I am another translator (I see there are two other translators here. Hi!).

My specialty is in translating previews and BTS clips.

This is the text preview for episode 5.

Episode 5 Text Preview:

5회
내가 이리 온 겁니다. 오연주씨 세계로.

연주(한효주)를 만나기 위해 명세병원으로 가던 강철(이종석)은 만화 <더블유> 광 고 속의 자신을 발견하고 서점으로 향한다. 만화를 보고 현실 세계 속 자신의 존재 를 확인한 강철은 연주에게 마지막 인사를 하고, 자신이 맥락에 맞는 엔딩을 만들기 로 하는데...

Title: I came here. To Yeonjoo-sshi's world.

Kangchul (Lee Jongsuk), who was on his way to Myungsae Hospital to meet Yeonjoo (Han Hyojoo), sees himself in an ad for the comic <W>, and goes to a bookstore. After confirming of his presence in the real world, he goes to say his last goodbye to Yeonjoo, and decides to make an ending for himself that he finds fitting for his current situation...

3 hours ago, alleram95 said:

@stroppyse it looks like our posts often collided with each other when we were translating something which usually contained the same scenes.. in this thread once, and on other threads it already happens for a few times too.. ^_^

btw do you mind to give your version of the translation for the preview? I'm not really sure with my version (I have posted in on page 310 or 311 I forgot)

here is the video

@alleram95, can I also give you my version of the preview?

It's this:

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1010244

Some man: Someone came looking for you, saying he's your fiance.

YJ: What...Was I pulled into your world again?

KC: No, I came here.

KC: I'm the one who came here. To Oh Yeonjoo-sshi's world.

KC: Because I wanted to say goodbye one last time.

YJ's dad: You don't matter. You're nothing! You're just a character I created!

KC: Do you even know what I've suffered through/experienced? (내가 뭘 격었는지 알기나 해?)

Someone: That's fiction. And it scares him.

KC: I remember every little detail of that pain/agony... (나는 그 고통 하나하나를 다 기억하고 있는데...)

KC: For a main character that was looking for the murderer, and discovered that the murderer was himself...there's no better fitting ending (for him) than this... 

• Like 18

47 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I don´t think so chingu - it was Sung Moos Tablet - he left it behind broken in the Hotelroom - and they trow it out - not knowing that is it the Entry to KCs World. My Guess since long ...

Maybe you're right. I was too excited to catch all the details. :D But It would be awesome if KC could travel through any drawing tablet don't you think.;)

• Like 7

I just finished watching ep 4 and it is just MIND BLOWING!!  I can't even come up with words to describe what a brilliant drama W is!!!  The story is so well written and everyone's acting is just superb and the music and the cinematography and I can just go on and on....I don't think I've ever loved a drama this much!!!  :heart:

Spoiler

And who would have thought....I can't wait til next week when he goes into her world........

....5f68ca99-c31c-45cf-9b76-278041c84467.png

• Like 10

Watch: Lee Jong Suk Blushes While Filming Kiss For “W,” Han Hyo Joo Cheers Him On In Tough Scene

Watch: Lee Jong Suk Blushes While Filming Kiss For “W,” Han Hyo Joo Cheers Him On In Tough Scene
Spoiler

On July 28, MBC’s new hit drama “W” shared two fun behind-the-scenes clips that are bound to delight fans!

The first clip shows leads Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo shooting their first kiss scene, in which Han Hyo Joo’s character Oh Yeon Joo suddenly kisses Lee Jong Suk’s character Kang Chul in an attempt to shock him.

w 5

Behind the scenes, the pair gets giggly in between takes, laughing as Lee Jong Suk says she should tip him backwards for the kiss. Han Hyo Joo jokes that one of the takes had too much of a loud smacking sound, and Lee Jong Suk is too embarrassed to agree. “I don’t know, I don’t know!” he says with a smile, unable to look her in the face.

w 1

Later on, the two stars are watching a playback of the scene when Lee Jong Suk says, “Did I lean into it?”

w 3

He runs away from the camera while doing a little embarrassed dance, and Han Hyo Joo laughs, “You did, you did.”

The director says they’ll have to film it again. “It must be an instinct!” says Lee Jong Suk with a big grin. He then runs away again, crouching down on the floor in embarrassment as Han Hyo Joo yells teasingly, “Kang Chul’s face has gone red! It really has!”

w 2

Watch the clip below!

Spoilers (for episode 3)

In the next clip, Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo are filming the scene in episode three where Kang Chul picks up an unconscious Oh Yeon Joo from a couch and carries her out of a store in his arms.

Kang Chul may have seemed to effortlessly carried Oh Yeon Joo on “W,” but off camera things were a little different! Lee Jong Suk gets tired out from carrying her, and also at one point knocks her into a mannequin by accident, which has everyone cracking up.

w 8

In between takes, Han Hyo Joo and a staff member joke that she’s only heavy because of her high heels. “I think they weigh about 25 kilograms,” says Han Hyo Joo. “They’re each 12.5 kilograms.”

w 7

Later on, Han Hyo Joo looks like she feels bad that Lee Jong Suk keeps having to lift her up over and over. As he kneels down next to her and rests, she tells him, “Since we’re off [after this] today, you should eat some meat.” He laughs and she pats him on the shoulder, saying, “Hang in there!”

“W” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC. Catch the latest episode on Viki!

SOOMPI

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Maybe you're right. I was too excited to catch all the details. :D But It would be awesome if KC could travel through any drawing tablet don't you think.;)

That would be so cool:). There is one thing I'm wondering, would he be confined to drawing tablets in Korea, would he be on any tablet that has drawn him( i.e fan art), or would he just free travel to any around the world but only if he is in that area within the manhwa.:huh:

• Like 6

I wonder what will happen first : CK visiting YJ at the hospital (and saying his good-byes) or him visiting SM's house? How the heck he even knew where SM's house is? Or who let him in when the owner is not around?

• Like 7