[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Guest AlexMao

For those who've read through the webtoon/manga is there something regarding Yoon Syng's past the're avoiding or haven't let out yet? I'm probably a little off base here but there are some scenes from episode 1 that popped into my mind as I was watching episodes 3-4. We see Yoon Syng's passion for drawing Kisaengs (기생) as well as his aversion to her advances. Okay, that's one point the other when he's discussing his drawings there is a grab for his pelvis/genitals. This could simply be a response to an injury as a child or something so making a leap of sorts to presume that he might be gay well is a stretch. 

Now I can kind of see some of the responses being that his reaction to Ra On is perfectly normal if he was able to tell that she was dressing up the entire time, the problem is I'm not convinced he was. The scene with Ra On lingering after the hanbok may have opened his eyes further and then obviously running into her after the dance/performance would have propped his eyelids open with toothpicks The scene directly following the end of episode 4 should give us some insight here ... so we now wait and see what happens next. 

1 hour ago, Mymindisblank said:

I think I might be the only one who doesn't want to see the novel illustrations or spoilers! I wanna go into this without any knowledge of what is to come! Lol So although I'm liking these posts of the spoilers I am making sure I don't properly read it to spoil myself aha :vicx::D:wub::sweatingbullets: But thank you for all the pictures and gifs I love them all! Omg I do hope for some kim hyung and raon scenes like that! Oops I looked at those pics :lol::tears: Haha:sweatingbullets: 

Can't wait for tomorrow's ep! 

Sorry, I got impatient waiting for the new episodes :sweatingbullets: and I wanted to know if CP actually ends up dying in the novel so I went looking for the novel illustrations :lol: I will refrain from posting them from now on and if I do, they will most certainly be under the spoiler cut ;)

Jillia kindly informed me that they demoted Kim Hyung from 2nd male lead to 3rd so it's unlikely he and Raon will have some of the scenes I listed.. So you weren't entirely spoiled in the end, I'm glad :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, eternaltorture said:

Sorry, I got impatient waiting for the new episodes :sweatingbullets: and I wanted to know if CP actually ends up dying in the novel so I went looking for the novel illustrations :lol: I will refrain from posting them from now on and if I do, they will most certainly be under the spoiler cut ;)

Jillia kindly informed me that they demoted Kim Hyung from 2nd male lead to 3rd so it's unlikely he and Raon will have some of the scenes I listed.. So you weren't entirely spoiled in the end, I'm glad :)

Awww no don't worry it's fine you can post them don't stop on my account!  I'm sure everyone else wants to see them as well!  I'll just have to try and avoid looking at them haha!! :grimace::blush:

• Like 6

Guest MaknaeC
7 hours ago, eternaltorture said:

I want to share some illustrations from the novel of Kim Hyung and Ra-on :wub: I'm praying that all these scenes will be included..... :bawling:

Some of those illustrations (such as the bridge scene and the sat-gat scene) came from the early story of the original novel and we've passed that time already, too bad we're most likely not gonna see it in the drama. I want to see it too :(

The sat-gat thing is depicted differently in the drama, original novel, and history.

Spoiler

WOHwVfx.jpg

History : Kim Byeong Yeon's famous nickname was Kim Sat Gat because he loved to wandering around wearing sat-gat (Traditional bamboo hat).

Novel : Kim Sat Gat because Raon gave him the sat-gat just like in the illustration, so his nickname is Kim Sat-Gat. (How I wish this drama go with this story)

Drama : They called them Gat-Byeong Yeon because he's so cool when he's guarding the crown prince outside the palace wearing sat-gat.

There's so many changes. But don't worry! I'm sure we still can see more moments between Raon and his Kim-Hyung. Because right now he's quite fond of Raon and they're actually sharing similar background story just like this thread already discussed it a way back even before the drama started ^^

6 hours ago, nataliakay said:

Is KYJ Going to be wearing alot of that eunuch uniform and man clothes even after CP found her out? Wish she doesnt have to. She's so pretty in hanbok it's a waste not to see her more in it in the show

In the novel, she's wearing male or eunuch robe for 2/3 story. And seems like the drama will follow this rule, as we can see on entertainment weekly. They're filming for episode 8 or 9 when entertainment weekly visited them. So we'll most likely see her wearing those clothes for quite some time.

4 hours ago, 8mel said:

Hello guys,

I never thought I'd be posting in a drama thread as you can see from my post count this is my very FIRST. 
I've been enjoying reading the discussions and the beautiful updates in here, made me appreciate the drama more and THANK YOU ALL for that. Now allow me to enjoy the moonlight journey with you guys.:blush::blush::blush:

By the way am i the only one who wish for more interactions between Princess Myeong Eun and Ra-On? Not the romantic-misundertood-youre-a-boy type but friendship perhaps? We've seen bromance and romance(sweet), why not some girl-friends dynamic?

Hello there! Welcome :)

Actually Raon and Princess Myeong Eun have their own story in the novel and they did filming the other scenes together for the drama. But the production team didn't include those scenes into the actual broadcast, seems like they only put it in the re-run broadcast. 

-----------------------

Speaking of spoilers, for Moonlighters who confuse or curious about things like Raon and Kim-Hyung's family background, the reason why Raon must became crossdresser, rebellion 10 years ago, etc you can backtrack this thread because we've discussed about it back then. Based on novel and history. Enjoy! ;)

3 hours ago, 8mel said:

By the way am i the only one who wish for more interactions between Princess Myeong Eun and Ra-On? Not the romantic-misundertood-youre-a-boy type but friendship perhaps? We've seen bromance and romance(sweet), why not some girl-friends dynamic?

Not at all, I would love it if she actually thought she was/is in love with Ra-On, but probably because of SKKS it won't happen. (◕︿◕✿)

• Like 5

Whatever happened to that fan art contest?  I thought it was going to be used in the show somehow.  After watching Ra On's dance the nth time, I noticed that the dance in the long trailer is a little bit different than the one that they aired on the show.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, anya77 said:

I might be totally wrong but I read on some blog site that Ra On's family were believed to be traitors. So it could be that she is from a wealthy family but was disguised as a poor boy to protect her life.

For me this is the most plausible explanation especially because the Kims who were trying to grab power were oppressing anyone who were against their policies including the royal famiy. 

• Like 6