[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

24 minutes ago, bellaangel012 said:

That spoiler pic of RO and the princess was on DC and now deleted as requested. 

Since it was already in the text preview, im not sure what difference it would make. 3am here in Korea and I  still hunting for spoilers!!

The text preview only mentions he dreams of Ra On, not about what she was wearing. I think we should respect the wishes of the production team. It's on Instagram and the owner seems disinclined to delete it (she deleted my comment about it being a spoiler). Maybe she will do so if the staff approach her but perhaps it will be too late by then. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Looks as if all of my posts are gone as well. I only have the post that i just posted right now in my Activity List. Also, I noticed that the site was not available earlier. Did we on this thread crash it? Oops. 

I had that prob too.. N the page freezing too..i tot my mobile so i switched off n on again.. Grrr... I guess this thread need a rest.. We definately guilty of crashing it today haha

• Like 6

I am not backtracking that much since  I've watched the episode. You guys are confusing. I don't normally watch sageuks so someone else has to clarify. As I understand when someone becomes a concubine they are given a new first name and there are ranks in being royal concubines. Bin is Royal consort 1.

And she is wearing the wrong hanbok in the spoiler pictures.

i presume we are talking about the same spoiler. Amazing what nonsense I picked up while subbing/editing on viki. I was very confused about sageuks but after a few finally picked up even the palace ministers hierarchy. In Korean even. 

Of course i would be happy if RO is a Bin and CP doesn't have to leave the palace. And you guys have to cut HY some slack. She is the designated Crown Princess after all. Kdramas are Kdramas but a CP is still a CP. And they have a right to be next to the Crown Prince. It's not as if he went into it blindly. We are lucky we didn't have a first night scene.

• Like 9

@Mico Ricco @cloud92 Oh yeah if I'm right, I remember her mom posted about Bogummy too:wub:. A big fan of MDBC haha :P I hope she won't be scolded :P 

@Earth2KatyD @stroppyse @bebe1989 :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: I experienced the same thing. Soompi crashed a lot today. My connection was on & off & coincidentally, Soompi was error/unavailable. And I blamed my connection so much but soon realised everything else was working fine apart from Soompi -_- Probably coz of us....

If I click on Posts in See My Activity, my posts are still there :mellow:, but not on the main profile/all activity.

• Like 9

Btw i think raon cannot sneak in as guards anymore cos there isnt anyone rhat can help her sneak in that way. So maybe she sneak in as a maid instead.. Cos ppl will forget her as hong sam nom since nobody has really seen her dressing as a lady. Ppl will not notice her that way..  Its 3am in sg here n my mind is still with this thread.. No wonder it crashed.. :P

• Like 11

Hello everyone, glad we got through that rollercoaster ride of an episode! :)

My 2 cents:

- I think the first 15 minutes of that Episode were so heavy and painful on the heart, that the rest of the episode paled in comparison.

- However, I'm glad on the plot developments, we're inching towards the ending. Though I was a little upset at the unhurried pace of the episode, I think they will want to go out with a bang- hence saving everything for the end. It's a bit similar to Who are you-School 2015 (it's the same writer), who saved the major climax for the final episode.

- Though I'm inclined to somewhat agree with all those who say, the story has lost its sheen because CP & RO are not together- let's look at this perspective- the first 6 episodes were the introduction, the next 6 the romance, and the last 6 will be the separation+ resolution and glorious reunion. I think because the Chemistry between PBG & KYJ is off the charts-hence we're reacting so angrily to their separation, given a pairing with less chemistry- we wouldnt have been this affected.

- We have to remember the story caters to Korean TV audiences and their ratings (from what I understand, most of the measured households tend to have older women , mainly homemakers as the main TV watchers)- and this demographic in SK are known to prefer a degree of  melodrama (read an article which described Kdrama ratings). All previous young/cool sageuk based stories- Sungkyungwan Scandal, Rooftop Prince, Queen InHyun's man, even Splish Splash love- had a couple of their last episodes consumed by difficulties an separation.so let's hope for the best.

- The editing of this episode was a little choppy tbh, and I would've liked a moment between RO and her newfound family. There was this weird look passed between HKN and the King, were they close once? hmmmm.

- The outfit RO is wearing is that of a maid. I am sure she won't end up one though! I am secretly hoping she's the only one CP has to end up with.

- I have this theory that YS and CP are working together, not HY and an CP. Again, hmmm...

- Although I adore HY's character, I was indeed a little miffed at how she stated that she would be by his side. However, I'm starting to come around and believe she will treat herself as the Prince's ally- similar to YS, just in girl in form. 

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Finally got a chance to watch raw episode 17. It was a total rollercoaster. Even knowing it was going to happen, shocked by BY being cut down, sad at Rebel Leader Han dying to give the rebels a little more time to get away, and upset that the CP has been poisoned. When I just read about it, I was hoping that he was faking the poison, but after watching the episode, think he really was poisoned. Otherwise, narratively, it doesn't make sense for him to fake his own poisoning, so the poison must be in the bowl that the CP was served in since the court lady tasted the tonic itself. I know he'll survive today, but it was still an emotional roller coaster. Especially since the CP is thinking ahead, but he clearly can't control all of the variables. When BY threatened the CP with his sword, for instance, that was BY's quick thinking, not that he and the CP had anticipated something like that. The CP understood what BY was trying to do, however, and was able to tell BY as BY lay dying in his arms that he still trusted him. BY was able to thank the CP for his trust until the end. To demonstrate their close friendship, BY also uses informal speech, the kind used between peer friends as @onlysb1 pointed out. So, both BY and the CP thought that BY was going to die. 

Later on, BY was ashamed of the bigger crime of threatening the life of the CP, but also embarrassed by his presumption when he thought he was dying. It was a moment of sweetness in an otherwise hard episode full of political plots and reveals. 

Their conversation after BY was mobile again was sweet bromance:

Yeong: You’re not hurting anywhere?

BY: Yes, Your Highness

Yeong: Why did you sleep for so long?

BY: I don’t think I had the nerve to face Your Highness. 

Yeong: I and the woman I love as well, you protected us, didn’t you? More than that, because you came back like this, thank you.

BY: That guy, he occasionally comes by here. He nurses me. 

Yeong: When everything is ready, I’m going to bring her back to my side. By my side, as in the past, laughing, talking, and being happy is what I am going to do for her. We’re almost there. When that happens, the three of us, seated together again at Jayeondang, shall we have a drink?

I found it interesting that BY still refers to RO a a guy, and that RO herself calls herself Sam Nom when speaking with BY. I assume that RO is still living disguised as a boy to be in hiding with her mother.  And, Sam Nom is the name that BY has always known her by, though BY is aware of who she is. 

Yeong and YS' scene on the other hand indicated some potential heartache ahead for that bromance. It was sad to hear how both boys longed to be friends, but various things stood in their way. Fro instance, Yeong always felt alone though he wanted friends because no one really dared to be true friends with him. YS mentions that it was because ultimately they would have to bow their heads to him, meaning there was no way to be peers anyway.  YS as a child did sometimes envy Yeong's position because it was the highest position for a boy in the country. They both felt like running away, though, from their respective lives and positions.  Still, Yeong warns YS that he'll do what he has to despite worrying about hurting YS. YS is fine with that, though he's worried that he may become what his family wants him to after all. This conversation plus the musings of Kim Hun who after discovering the baby prince is not of the royal bloodline after all, thinks that they should put someone on the throne with a worthy bloodline, i.e. his bloodline, meaning YS. So, Kim Hun's final gambit will be to try to put YS on the throne after all. I still think that in the end, YS will prove loyal to Yeong, but it now seems as if that is going to be severely tested.

Also, HY definitely had a bigger part to play in this episode than she's had in any episode previously. I think I'm in the minority opinion on this, but I was okay with her role in today's episode. Having said that, I have one opinion that is probably going to get me creamed on this thread.

I think HY is the Crown Princess. I think the marriage happened, even though we did not witness it. Everyone, including the CP and HY, refers to HY as the Crown Princess, and she seems to have the attendants and the housing, plus access to CP given that HY saw the baby princess at the CP's palace, but then got the CP to agree to let her keep the baby with her for awhile. Plus, the wedding is not an issue any longer in any way. Perhaps it happened in the month time jump that happened in the episode, but I'm pretty sure that HY and Yeong are married.

So, her conversation with Yeong when she goes to his room:

_________

HY: Are you disappointed? That it’s me.

CP: No. I was just a little surprised.

HY: Actually, I’ve been dithering by myself a little.

CP: Because of the agreement?

HY: The woman that Your Highness has in your heart, I’ve found out who that is. After saying that it was just an agreement and getting the Crown Princess’ role, now wanting something different probably sounds funny. However, I want to reaffirm my loyalty to you. Unlike that woman, I can’t comfort your heart, but in order to protect your seat, I will support you. Since the one who will stay by Your Highness until the end is me.

HY clearly has a role in all this now. For instance, HY (unknowingly) shows the Queen her own daughter who she had commanded be killed as soon as she was born without even looking at her, so this is her first view of her baby. There is a flicker on the Queen's face as HY coos "Isn't she so beautiful?" at the baby. 

I miss having RO and Yeong scenes in the episode, but I could understand why RO is still staying away. Nothing has changed yet. She is still the daughter of a man deemed a traitor to the crown, the corrupt ministers are still in power, and Yeong is still not safe while she can't be of any help to him. It's only in this episode that Yeong starts to clean house. I don't know if Yeong will be able to bring RO back into the palace, and in what position if he is able to bring her back to the palace versus going outside of the palace to her, but as always, I have to see where the drama wants to take it. After all, there isn't much else I can do anyway.

I cant sleep and I am so dead since I have to be up in 3 hrs for work!!!

However i actually disagree I do not think she is the crown princess but assumed crown princess based on her attire. Also her hair is still in the daengi style. In addition, i actually do agree with people who say that by unwittingly serving cp the poison (there is no way she poisoned him!) This would lead to her dethronement as crown princess. It would be incredibly sad but with the way this is panning out in terms of writing style I can see it happening. 

It is not like she can decide to step down from her role without hurting her family or her life where she will be forbidden goods. What i am curious to see is how they will handle this so HY can also have a 2nd chance at love. 

Although this is not a traditional saguk by any means, the writers and directors will not be willing to mess with the traditional elements and customs with history. Also cp would eventually have to consummate the marriage and have witnesses for it. 

Historical character changes are understood but not the cultural elements. 

• Like 16

I've been wanting to see uri OTP. 

Even though they are far from each other why do I still feel their chemistry most especially during the last part when Raon suddenly opened her eyes.

Other than that, I am not amused how they dragged the story of kim clan up to this part, knowing that they have been consistent in resolving issues for the past episodes, I am quite disappointed at this part. I think PM minions capturing can be done during the last ep and for this episode is all about disposing the kim clan. I just felt it can be done that way. Then the resolution for CP to leave or not to leave the palace should be tomorrow and more time for the OTP to be together. At least it will not feel a bit rushed. Or they should have use the 2 episode extension perhaps (just a thought or not).

Well since I am here up to the last episode, I am still trusting this drama to be a memorable drama that will make me want to rewatch it.

MDBC fighting!

• Like 13

Oh another thing chingus.. Before i sleep.. I DONT CARE WHAT SHE WEARS OR IF SHE IS A MAID OR NOT BUT all i want is to see them together again.. In any way any time any place as long as they meet again,romantic moments.. Lovey dovey again.. All that matters to me is LYRAON moments.. Please give that to us pd nim...  

Dear chingus, i shall hav my sleep.. Dreaming abt the couple.. Haha..  Nights to everyone *hugs and kisses*

• Like 18

Regarding KYJ's recent photo --

Spoiler

Perhaps, RO dressed up as a court maid to check on LY (and be close to him) since news must have already spread all over (in and out of the palace) that CP has been poisoned. Everyone already knows what RO looks like dressed up in men's clothing and as a eunuch, so she's dressed up as a woman this time in order to hoodwink everyone from recognizing her. Kekekeke. :lol:

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@bellaangel012

Ooooh I haven't thought of that... It could be true that this way they can remove Ha Yeon from the position and give a happy ending outside that palace as well. I would like that. 

ㅋㅋㅋ yup, makes alot of sense actually. All thanks to glorious DC and their theories!!!

HY cannot just change her mind and tell her dad she doesnt want to be a crown princess anymore even if she wanted to. The poisoning accident would solve that through dethronement. It has happened before in history so there is at least some precedence.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, bebe1989 said:
PLEASE DONT REPOST/SAVE/UPLOAD THIS PHOTO !!! (SPOILER ALERT, JUST ENJOY THE ENDING, OR GIVE COMMENT ABOUT THIS PIC :D)
this little girl share spoiler to us. Lol 

(YEJI IG UPDATE) 2016.10.18

MOD EDIT: do not quote images 

RAON BECAME SUKBIN?BIN? ANOTHER NAME CONSORT BI RANK 1, HIGH POSITION (AS WIFE LEE YEONG) AFTER CROWN PRINCESS/QUEEN HY. 

RaOn dress up as one of the palace maid to visit CP... that a maid dress not any consort dress.. I think that after hearing that CP got poison.. she had help to get into the palace.. she taking care of CP... I'm certain of this.. 

Edited by rainmoon
  • Like 10