[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Love the second kiss....so pretty and the slide over was cute...especially when I watched a fan made slow mo version...think he was giving her tiny pecks...lol

may I ask what is this philtrum kiss thingy? Some legislation or rule that minors can't be kissed full on the lips?

remembered thinking that k drama kisses were the oddest things I've watched when I first started on k dramas ...usually a smoosh on the lips with zero movement...the camera seemed to have to pan around to make it seem romantic...

• Like 16

8 hours ago, ricerascal67 said:

I'm listening to this...and it's so beautiful I want to cry :heart:

didn't know there's actually humming version it was my first time listening to it and i was literally crying the whole time.the feels is just..omg i can't describe it.lmao

• Like 10

Chingus! I'm still struggling to move on from LITM...I know it's almost 2 weeks since it last ended, I still find it really hard to find another drama to take away this obsession within me... Usually this is my technique in order for me to not so dwell into a specific drama before but LITM broke those walls down at me... does not work for me anymore.. aaaaaahhhhh... Ottoke???... felt like there's no more life anymore after LITM... I'm here stuck in my room sound playing all of it's OST's and I cried such a fool... What is happening to me chingus?... I felt so relieved that you're all still here and the shipper's thread to somehow lift up my spirit in my everyday life...OK!...Off to rewatch LITM again... See? I told yahhh...:cold_sweat::flushed:

• Like 21

7 hours ago, Jillia said:

I figured my favourite line from Ra On is also a heartbreaking one:

"He must be waiting. He doesn't know anything...."

I have so many feels in regards of this line. By then I knew how deeply Ra On loved Lee Yeong but rewatching this scene it was so clear: at this point she can't live without him. She even said "My heart hurts so much..."

- I like RaOn's quote which expressed her deep love to Lee Yeong. "He must be waiting. He doesn't know anything...."

- I also like mirror quotes which RaOn and Crown Prince said with different persons, which actually expressed their deeply missing and caring to each other even another side did not know.

RaOn informed Kim Noble what she wanted to ask: "You make me want to ask about His Highness. I know I should forget him but I keep wanting to know how he is. I wonders if he eats, sleeps well, and if he is well? {EP.14}

Crown Prince asked Kim Hyung: "Does she really not have anything she wants to ask me or to hear from me? Nothing to argue, Nothing to request. Does she not want to see me or wonder how I am doing? Is she even alive?  {Actually these are his wondering he wanna know about what's going on with RaOn. EP15}

- Rewatched Ep4. I found out that RaOn might start liking Crown Prince as male-female before Crown Prince started. She confounded while he was happy to have RaOn as a favorite friend. Soon later, Crown Prince's feeling changed to affection.

6 hours ago, tzupi said:

On the other hand, about her mother nobility. I was wondering about that. I was thinking that RO's mother is some kind of seamstress, based on episode 15. There are quite a lot of women cloths that she was working on--since RO cannot wear women cloths, her mother would have own at least 3 or 4--but these cloths even if they are not as expensive as the beautiful ones, they must have been expensive for a woman living alone. She also does embroidery, and I was thinking that she does it for selling it, because the cloth she is wearing is very plain (also she seems to wear the same cloth). So RO's mother occupation might explain the presence of that beautiful cloth that RO tries on herself (that might also explain why the mother is so very upset in that scene--it is not only about RO wearing a dress, but about wearing the dress of a client--if she damages it, it would be a problem).

We can't ensure about family background before marriage of RaOn's mom and dad. In my opinion, after marriage, according to neighbor's reference to Kim Hyung, they mentioned RaOn's dad occasionally visited RaOn's mom and they heard their quarrel. According to conversation between RaOn's mom and Eunuch Chief(White Mask Leader), she did not agree with rebellion which negatively affected to her family's living and RaOn has had no memory of her dad. Her Mom or Teacher Chung might teach RaOn language. From conversation by RaOn's dad with Crown Prince and announced in the interrogate court, he objected nobility, dad might not come from nobility. 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That reminds me, the ending of episode 11 as RO and her mother are reunited amidst tears of joy, disbelief, and relief, this time I probably paid more attention to Yeong's face in the scene as he watches them. His eyes have tears in them as well even as he smiles watching the emotional reunion, and then for a heartbeat his eyes gaze down as his smile falters before the shot pulls out and the scene ends. And, right then, I could feel how much he was missing his own mother. 

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

leeyeong4.gif

Credit: I made these gifs

I might have slightly different opinion about this scene, I thought that Crown Prince overwhelmed to see his lover be happy with her longing dream which met her mom again. Crown Prince knew that after separation at age 10 till 18, RaOn has gone to lantern festival every year in order to find her mom. 

Another RaOn's dream is to live as a woman, which then Crown Prince mentioned about his dream nation to be.{EP.11}

Teacher Chung: "The maiden you want to give a home and parents. Why do you care so much about her? 

Crown Prince: "She happened to come to me as eunuch but she is my love."

Teacher Chung: "The difference in social status and the twisted fate. You asked me to help you overcome all the barriers. 

Techer Chung: "If it causes harm when she finds her mom? If you just bury the truth, you and RaOn may be able to live happily together.

Crown Prince: "I don't know what that danger is but I will not separate family for my own gain" 

Actually Crown Prince feared from Teacher Chung's warning but he prioritized RaOn's happiness. As we watched in the scene he requested a promise from RaOn

Crown Prince: " If you face a very difficult situation and must let go of something, it must not be me" 

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm so amazed at how incredibly expressive Yeong's face is. I was watching the opening sequence of episode 8 where he finds out that RO is a woman and the dancer from the king's birthday performance. Just on his face, at first there is doubt at what's he seen, then disbelief, then anger as his mind connects the dots, then relief as he accepts that RO is a woman, finally delight that RO is a woman. Okay, expressing the anger bit was helped by his hand crumpling the love letter that he had been about to give to RO, but otherwise, it's just the emotions crossing his face. I have to say that I'm so in awe of PBG's ability to convey so much with the expressions on his face as well as the tension in his body.

I remember that in episode 7 when the queen slaps RO in front of the CP, and his face went still and his body went taut, I could see the tension rolling off of him, that he was struggling to control himself, willing himself not to betray anything to the queen about his anger, as his mind worked on how to subtly insult the queen so that she couldn't take counteraction nor get any satisfaction.

*sigh* It just seems that with every rewatch of a scene or an episode, I fall a little deeper in love with Yeong, and his love story with RO. Also, I think my admiration for all the actors and the production also rises as I notice more and more things. Even the queen is doing a fine job of being beautiful and yet loathesome in her quest for power for herself and her line of children versus Yeong. 

I really like the sequence of Lee Yeong's acknowledgement of Ra On as woman too.

I am very amazed in all scenes Crown Prince ( acted by Park Bo Gum ) with queen, he has had to be still and cool from head to toe but audiences could also feel how deep he cared RaOn too.

My favorite acting with complicated expressions in the right dynamic and proper rhythm =Park Bo Gum, Kim Yoo Jung, Eunuch Jang(CP), Queen, Kim Prime Minister, Eunuch Chief.

Rewatching might be slow but it is really good feeling to thoroughly appreciate this master piece. 

P.S. Sorry to cut you guys' posts 

I have some questions from Moonlight Drawn By Clouds

1. EP11: Teacher Chung mentioned "The maiden you want to give a home and parents" 

Question: Would Crown Prince plan to let Ra On live outside palace? 

2. EP10: Question: In you guys' opinion, what is Teacher Chung's solution he sent letter to ask Crown Prince to meet but they did not because Eunuch Chief interrupted by calling Hong Ra On?

• Like 19

As we're talking about the kiss and episode 8, I went to rewatch the first few minutes of that episode. Although I would have loved Yeong's angst at loving SN the man to continue, I realised the resolution was great, because it led to our first kiss!

Yeong's letter as he reads it out clearly says- he was afraid to put his feelings about SamNom down, because he only wanted to keep him by his side for a long time. He knows the letter may put him and his position in danger, and knows SN may reject his feelings and walk away permanently from him.

Poor Yeong- because all he would have remembered would be at Chuseok when  RO went with the gisaengs, it hurt him and made him jealous and angry. With RO's history as a love counselor, he may have felt that he was an expert at seducing women too.

But then as he sees Female SN/ RO, he's angry with her for deceiving him of course, but then he smiles so sweetly as he remembers the dance from ep4 where she had protected his reputation . I don't think the smile was, 'Oh thank goodness, I'm straight smile' but 'Oh thank goodness, I can now be with SN/RO in a more permanent way than as master/servant, and my chances with her scoot up from nil to somewhat hopeful.'

And then, that kiss. :D

• Like 20

12 minutes ago, parmma said:

Cv-82BEUkAAiURH.jpg

Cv-86wHUMAAYhvk.jpg

Cv-7ueBUIAID5ng.jpg

c as labeled

Haha, Crown Prince looked get used to being taken care by Ra On while Ra also got used to taking care as she had filmed in TV drama for months.

I have just rewatched Entertainment Weekly about Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, they reminded me how magic Park Bo Gum is by

- mentioning rating over 20% to pledge on press conference: and

- another interview with Kim Yoo Jung that going to trip would be done after the end of drama's filming

all have already happened indeed. 

By the way, what was this quote about?

Cv-xsasVIAApT-t.jpg

credit : pearl0024 

Park Bo Gum: Skyrocketed already

• Like 18

8 hours ago, ricerascal67 said:

I'm listening to this...and it's so beautiful I want to cry

Thank you so much for this - didn't realize it was Beige who did the humming so beautifully.

@stroppyse thank you for your post about the OSTs played at the end of each of the 18 episodes.

@Jillia Enjoy your vacation next week, a big thank you for all your great posts and looking forward to your insights on LY-RO.

@Earth2KatyD looking forward to reading your thoughts after you have watched Ep 17 and 18 :) 

Thanks to the lady who played the same song - this time on the erhu, and uploaded her performance on Youtube:

Thanks to the uploader of this video - Instiz chart for Week 4 October 2016 - three MDBC OSTs in the Top 20 - PBG, HCY and Gummy. Sad that for HCY the Battle with Melon has yet to be won, HCY fans will have to fight on!

Thanks to everyone for continuing to post updates and insights in this awesome thread.

• Like 11

48 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

-

We can't ensure about family background before marriage of RaOn's mom and dad. In my opinion, after marriage, according to neighbor's reference to Kim Hyung, they mentioned RaOn's dad occasionally visited RaOn's mom and they heard their quarrel. According to conversation between RaOn's mom and Eunuch Chief(White Mask Leader), she did not agree with rebellion which negatively affected to her family's living and RaOn has had no memory of her dad. Her Mom or Teacher Chung might teach RaOn language. From conversation by RaOn's dad with Crown Prince and announced in the interrogate court, he objected nobility, dad might not come from nobility. 

Sorry for cutting your post. I've just wanted to add that there is another story that is relevant and points even more to the possibility that the mother was not nobility. In ep. 14, the mother reminisces about how RO's father courted her. and she mentions that they were friends from the same village, that other men brought her ornaments and flowers that they picked, but RO's father brought her things to eat (barley, rice and when he did not have what to eat, even tree barks). She says that she picked him because she was sure that she would not die of hunger with him. These gifts do not strike me as being  for a noble woman, nor coming from a noble man (also her concern with having what to eat is not the concern of a noble woman). either both were really low low nobility, or they were peasants. I think everything points in the direction of them being peasants. I do not know of a good argument that they were noble. 

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Cv-xsasVIAApT-t.jpg

So, the text is from an interview that KYJ gave about a scene that the three of them, RO, LY, and BY shot where they drink then look at the stars, but was ultimately edited out of the drama. That statement has been superimposed on an image that some of us think she was referring to. This image was actually used as an age warning still for the drama, but didn't appear within the drama itself. 

Anyway, here is a translation of the text of in the photo above that came from the KYJ interview since I had actually translated it a few pages back.

“During the shooting, there is a scene where I, Yeong, and Byung Yeon have a warm, affectionate goodbye. While shooting that scene, we were very happy. Though it was sad and it was painful, we were happy that we were able to talk with each other. Ra On trying to look as if she’s fine says “I brought some wine, should I taste it first.”  And the others started to have expressions the same as Sam Nom. After that, the three look at the sky lost in thought. When we told the director how happy we were while shooting that scene, he edited it separately and said that he would give it to us as a memento. (smiles)”

Thank you so much for your translation. Yesterday I thought it might be ep13 but after rewatching ep13 I did not anymore. According to calling SamNom and the fact, that Crown Prince would not allow Ra On dress like this after being his lover in front of Kim Hyung, it might be farewell party they did after Ching envoy decided to bring Ra On back. Sam Nom tried to look fine with wine and other two guys did the same.

The friendship atmosphere might be quite similar but much sadder to jog their memories when they discussed about Home&House on the palace's upstair, another scene with chicken to talk about hunger&yearning, and other scene with alcohol which Sam Nom drunk till biting Crown Prince's finger. 

• Like 9

@NongpeeP, I too, have pondered about your question about Teacher Dasan's solution to the RaOn as a woman problem.

I don't know if I could be accurate about what happened in 1800's Korea, but one simple solution could be having RaOn exit the palace as an eunuch (like he did with Eunuch Ma) and have her re-enter as a Court Lady or something, citing ye olde brother-sister trope. With his influence as regent, he could pretty much get away with this, provided RO kept quiet and no one dug too much into her back story.

After that, he could protect RO in his own way and possibly even marry her once he was king. Or take her as one of his wives at least.

Another solution could be to have her adopted by someone influential, and on the Prince's side. Master Dasan's has an extremely good network, and is highly trusted (he was the only one allowed to treat the poisoned Prince by the King). He could discover a family that would be willing to take in RaOn, thus giving her legitimacy. If she was well hidden and protected, she could even enter the Princess selection. Or maybe Yeong could plead a case for her to the King to grant him a wife he wished (just like TMETS where Prince Lee Hwon asks the King about marriage to Yeon Woo). 

This was all excluding of course, the fact that she was a traitors daughter, and not just any traitors, but the biggest one of them all. :(

• Like 20

oJV44sEj6sm2c.gif

A few suggestions:

1) If not already done, please go and back-read the posts in this awesome thread (I have to do this)

2) If you can, please vote for Gummy's OST in the MAMA Awards - voting ends on 1 December (we can vote once a day)

http://mama.mwave.me/vote

3) I can't vote in the 2nd and final rounds (gotta download app on mobile) but those of you who can, please vote for KYJ and PBG in the AAA awards (especially the, third & final round involving Top 10 selections 3-12 November). For singers,  2nd round I can't see HCY making it past this round (gotta beat many famous boybands and girl groups) but he's done well so far (currently no: 16), thank you those HCY fans who voted :) 

http://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/result_2/

No: 4 in my case - I'll keep looking for anything related to HCY and MDBC. Thanks to this talented fan called Yeuly Art who did this:

yeuly%20art%20hcy%20ost%20mdbc_zps1llbzv

• Like 21